It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 146
<< 143  144  145    147  148  149 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by salty-red

Hi salty..the confirmed dead in Us was a mexican baby transfered from mexico,, so not officially a US 1 st or 2nd generation infection.

respects

SMR

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
I have the right to ask for sources. Comments like "this is spreading like wildfire" are scaremongering and only hype the fear people are already feeling.

That seems more like an 'opinion' rather than being stated as 'news'
It seems maybe you are taking some things out of context and ranting on people for your inability to decipher the two.

In times like this and in threads like this, many read a bit faster so they can keep up.maybe we should all slow down and read more slowly so we don't get the wrong ideas.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
BBC have said the news conference is due in a minute.

An hour overdue, I believe.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted or not but wanted to share with everyone...

L.A. Times

L.A.County coroners office DOUBTS 2 men died of swine flu...

They are saying Pneumonia...

I think they are starting to try to cover up the deaths...My opinion...

They don't want it to reach the media so they can try to stop a panic of how many people are going to start dieing from this stuff...Heres the link...

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR

I have the right to ask for sources. Comments like "this is spreading like wildfire" are scaremongering and only hype the fear people are already feeling.

That seems more like an 'opinion' rather than being stated as 'news'
It seems maybe you are taking some things out of context and ranting on people for your inability to decipher the two.

In times like this and in threads like this, many read a bit faster so they can keep up.maybe we should all slow down and read more slowly so we don't get the wrong ideas.

Not to mention most of this information is raw, and actually prob. more advantageous to us. Tell you right now the MSM, and AP, will be the last to inform us whats up, so even if stories are being shared in here, with no proof or source, hey, it might be true, we have to trust our intuition and our opinions on why things are happening SO FAST. We're getting ready for a change, with change people will have to adapt.. this will maybe be one of the 1st lessons..

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Adrifter]

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Of course, Wall Street gotta close first before the bad news.

Second line.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Adrifter

That or it is being aimed at a specific race or DNA strand, for those it is deadly for the rest it is a toss of the coin, it is always the risk of secondary bacterial infection which poses the greatest risk to the individual.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Friendly Reminder

Ok folks, let's stop bickering back and forth and taking this thread down the wrong road.

This is a real time, constantly evolving and changing global event that has many members eager for news, updates, etc.

And you have all been doing a wonderful job of staying focused on the issue.

I thank you

However,

If you look at the top of this thread you will see..

This thread is an ATS Big-Thread with 2900 replies, and subject to more strict moderation.
Please stay focused. Stay on-topic. Minimal or off-topic posts and T&C violations are subject deletion and/or a warning.

So please stick to the topic, and together we can weed through all of the information together.

focus

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

reply to post by salty-red

Hi salty..the confirmed dead in Us was a mexican baby transfered from mexico,, so not officially a US 1 st or 2nd generation infection.

respects

do you have a source for this? im just playing along.

who news conference soon. what is going to come out of it?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The WHO are not very organised when it comes to arranging meetings and news conferences, man...god help us if we need them in an emergency

SMR

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sapphirearaidia

I posted that a few posts back.
I don't sit well with a coroners office saying 'he doubts', in a situation like this.
If there are no signs of trauma and this guy just died, then without really getting in there you cant know just by looking at the 'outside'

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Interesting how it jumps from mexico then to predominantly hispanic areaas, including the Catholic School where the 75 were at high risk of infection...

we will know more when the actual stats come forward as to the race of people initially infected. Perhaps they become the carriers, but with human to human transfere anyone can become infected to a degree.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
dude on fox now saying the numbers outa mexico must be downplayed..

and level 5 is a go

link   

reply to post by LDragonFire

Wrong, Its Fact it is spreading like wildfire worldwide!! Hiding your head in the sand will not change this fact. Wishing it was not doing this will not make it go away.

Information without a source is no information at all. That is nothing to do with the mods. If someone wants to quote un confirmable info they are in the wrong thread. go join one of the many others about this flu. Read the heading " Swine flu news and updates"... means you need a soursce.

respects

As far as I know I have not violated the T&C and please stop the arm chair modship, you don't control what is posted here.

ON Topic post!

Im scared to death, Im sick my wife is sick a friend is sick and I have 3 kids in public school, and this is in our schools and is spreading like wildfire and there seems to be no hope in containing this. The msm has not mentioned this flu is in our area, but it's my opinion that it might be.

link   
EU Commission has confirmed the WHO has increased to Level 5. Measures and new procedures are expected to be announced by the WHO.

link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

Didnt post it but if you look back through some of the latest posts you will see it covered.

respects

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MorfeuZ

lol of course.

link   
Just a reminder to all members on here that use Chewing tobacco, remember to wash your hands before putting a "DIP" in your mouth. I unconciously did it today out of habit and immediately regretted it.

Also Nail Bitters please refrain for your own health.

Just a friendly reminder.

Thanks,

Kdial1

SMR

link   
Sky News Live video feed
news.sky.com...

WHO

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
EU Commission has confirmed the WHO has increased to Level 5. Measures and new procedures are expected to be announced by the WHO.

In the words of Michael Jackson: "THIS IS IT! THIS IS IT! THIS IS IT!"

What about Russia and China? Such vast countries? I haven't heard much from them or the Middle East, except Israel, mainly just "western" countries.

new topics

top topics

<< 143  144  145    147  148  149 >>

join