It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 145
<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
reply to post by Bombeni

they dont have a vaccine for this one...what do you mean the next one/...can people please cite references, links for their info if its possible. I feel we are getting carried away here. thats not helpfull.

respects

edit to add....when is the who press conference?, it is only they that will up the level and give the reasons.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by captiva]

Maybe you just don't know how it works. Every year we have a flu season. They have already announced that this virus is changing, as they attempt to make a vaccine. It is mutating as it goes around the globe so as soon as they get a vaccine for it, it is already something different.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by spark9576

He is a newbie agent or not...........

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
# URGENT -- World Health Organization to declare swine flu a pandemic, BNO News confirms: adjix.com... minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

It could possibly go to six. We have no idea what sort of information the governments are holding.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

I deal in information, sourced from reputable sources... thats how ATS works and its even more important in this thread. There is no room for personal ideas or thoughts if you are quoting updated info.

People are following this with a view to being one jump ahead for their families and loved ones.

Step back, wait and see. Dont add to the confusion of..it could go to 5 it could go to 6.. etc.

Remember there are still no deaths outside of mexico. try to remember the facts. If the truth is bad, there will be time enough to worry without premature panick.

respects

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Your link is 404, could you tell us what it was that you read? Thanks I am still trying to make sense of this crazy grey colored situation.

link   
reply to post by bonesinis

Consider that much of the information is at least 48 hours old.

When the CDC was warning people about potential flu deaths yesterday, they already knew about the death in Texas from Monday.

I don't trust anything coming from the media, the DHS, or CDC right now.

SMR

link   
I posted this last night but I guess they needed another confirmation so whatever reason.

# US, California:
Public Health Officials rule out swine influenza in one of the two LA County deaths reported yesterday.
#swineflu 42 minutes ago from web

# US, California:
LA coroner's office "doubts" that swine flu was involved in the 2nd death.
#swineflu 42 minutes ago from web

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by spark9576

reply to post by bonesinis

There is absolutly no proof in your comment " spreading like wildfire" where do you get this information?
also the WHO advises governments .. please show me sources for your comments

respects

Dude, is your whole purpose on this thread to ask people for sources for their comments. I agree, let's not jump the gun here and panic, but every time someone posts you're all over them for sources.

What are you the hall monitor?

Agreed!!! OMG I want all information possible, and I will decide what is real or what is BS!!! I don't need to be told what to think or what to believe!!! Let the mods do there Job, they are pros and are first class.

It just seems you wish to limit the discussion!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Many Latin American countries are not disclosing information on their cases, even though countless reported cases are in the public domain. Judging by the present data, there is a significant outbreak in South America.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Also, the WHO declaring this a Pandemic will be a source.
That is pretty much the WHO saying it is widespread and not stopping.

This has been in this country since early April. In fact, Veratect has the CDC on the ground in California and Texas on April, 20th.

The child that died was admitted to the Houston Children's hospital on April 13th.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

My last post comment was for you and your link. I am still so concerend as my 10 year old has underlying medical conditions which would complicate any flu, this is one I am bugging out against.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

reply to post by Bombeni

they dont have a vaccine for this one...what do you mean the next one/...can people please cite references, links for their info if its possible. I feel we are getting carried away here. thats not helpfull.

respects

edit to add....when is the who press conference?, it is only they that will up the level and give the reasons.

Maybe you just don't know how it works. Every year we have a flu season. They have already announced that this virus is changing, as they attempt to make a vaccine. It is mutating as it goes around the globe so as soon as they get a vaccine for it, it is already something different.

So basically, theoretically speaking, since this swine flu, press conference is bigtime lame.

This might be the big truth here, the people in Mexico, that died, may have gotten a mutated strand next generation mutation of it. I know that has been passed around but it makes sense. Or maybe not, but if its constantly mutating, their is a good chance it can mutate into a deadly virus, lets not forget the bird flu dna is in this thing. that alone is I think being overlooked.. That could be the case. that could be what they see. Since I can't get any dang answers from the press conference. They just keep talking about the transmission nothing about what facts they have on this virus, and WHY they are so WORRIED!! I know I know its a new strand of virus. Has to do with its mutation, has too.

Well that press conference was helpful.. Absolutely no answers and default statements..

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Anyone noticing an odd increase in cold-call sales people showing up at your place of business recently?

We've have 4 in the last two days, one of whom I suspected of being sick so I kept my distance.

I'm washing door knobs with rubbing alcohol after they leave.

Side Note:
I would like to thank captiva for indirectly pointing out ATS's ignore feature, that is quite handy!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I will say this about this whole thing. I dont prescribe to the notion that this flu outbreak was a mastermind of governments. I will say this the time and place could not have been more detrimental. Imagine an outbeak in Mexico right around the time of march break. Now you have thousands of college students down, who in turn go home and possible infect most of thier campus. Hundreds of them return home to thier countries as they are merley in shool in the states. They go home and infect thier home town abroad.

Just brutal timing and place. I swear mother nature is brutal at times. That or her sence of humour leaves something to be desired.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

GENEVA (BNO NEWS) – The World Health Organization has decided to raise its pandemic alert level to a phase 5, declaring swine flu a global pandemic, BNO News has exclusively learned.

The new phase will be announced at 2000 GMT during an international telephone news conference, which was earlier announced by the World Health Organization. It is unclear if there has been an emergency meeting of the committee tonight, but BNO News earlier reported that a meeting was expected either late today or early on Thursday. The announcement follows a WHO conference call with a group of scientists from around the world who gave their view on the new H1N1 virus.

It will be the first time the World Health Organization used phase 5 since they introduced the 6-phase system several years ago. According to BNO News sources at the World Health Organization, they do not know if they are dealing with "a very mild or a very severe pandemic." A number of actions to be taken will also be announced.

It will be the first influenza pandemic since the Hong Kong Flu in 1968 which killed up to 1 million people.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

BNO

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I dont care what anyone says now, the fact the WHO arre going to raise the level to a 5 means they know this is bad, i can see deaths increasing soon

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I have the right to ask for sources. Comments like "this is spreading like wildfire" are scaremongering and only hype the fear people are already feeling.

Information without a source is no information at all. That is nothing to do with the mods. If someone wants to quote un confirmable info they are in the wrong thread. go join one of the many others about this flu. Read the heading " Swine flu news and updates"... means you need a soursce.

respects

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I starred you and certainly agree that we have to keep a clear head and collect data the way we would in any other threat....

People are quoting news sources that we'd normally not consider trustworhty sources. (for crying out loud, we're quoting twitter!!!)

let's keep our heads on straight...

Peace

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
ya it's spreading but it's got like a 2% mortality rate, if I get infected big freakin deal. It's nowhere near what Cholera did to Africa. Oh and BTW there was one confirmed death in the US, how'd you miss that?

Who else thinks it's convenient the US had 12 million units of Tamiflu saved for a rainy day.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

reply to post by jonny2410

I deal in information, sourced from reputable sources... thats how ATS works and its even more important in this thread. There is no room for personal ideas or thoughts if you are quoting updated info.

People are following this with a view to being one jump ahead for their families and loved ones.

Step back, wait and see. Dont add to the confusion of..it could go to 5 it could go to 6.. etc.

Remember there are still no deaths outside of mexico. try to remember the facts. If the truth is bad, there will be time enough to worry without premature panick.

respects

Dude just chill already! There are more than a handful of people that are tired of you trying to act like a Mod in here. Let people say whatever they want. You got a problem complain to the mods, stop complaining in this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join