It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 144
<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
3 more cases in Ontario, Canada, pushing it up to 16 cases:

www.edmontonsun.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

they dont have a vaccine for this one...what do you mean the next one/...can people please cite references, links for their info if its possible. I feel we are getting carried away here. thats not helpfull.

respects

edit to add....when is the who press conference?, it is only they that will up the level and give the reasons.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by captiva]

[edit on 29-4-2009 by captiva]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This is quite the "swing" in WHO opinion:

BULLETIN -- BNO NEWS HAS LEARNED THAT THE WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION DOES NOT KNOW IF SWINE FLU IS "A MILD OR VERY SEVERE" PANDEMIC. From BNOheadquarters

Mild or VERY Severe?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

This thread got carried away a loooong time ago my friend.

Second line

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

California

Suspected H1N1 Flu Case Reported at California Marine Base

www.infozine.com

The Marine Corps commandant today confirmed a suspected case of what the U.S. Homeland Security Council now is calling H1N1 flu, but has been known as "swine flu," at the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center, Twentynine Palms, Calif.

Washington, D.C. - infoZine - American Forces Press Service - A male Marine reported to a medical clinic on base over the weekend complaining of flu-like symptoms. Initial test results indicate the H1N1 virus, and the service is waiting for further results from testing at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, Marine Corps Gen. James T. Conway said.

The Marine, along with his roommate, are quarantined in the barracks, Conway said, adding that the roommate has shown no symptoms and the infected Marine is recovering.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
hmmm, sec. of Health saying vaccine production is faster then ever yet I just read this.. www.foxnews.com...

Whoose telling the truth here??

She is either being told what to do, or its watered down....

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Little news, from the little town, in the little country, in the far north...

Our local pharmacy run out of masks today.

( We have only one suspected case in whole country of Finland - people going to panic? - You bet! )

link   
reply to post by observer

is there a source for that please

respects

link   
reply to post by captiva

The WHO is getting information from governments.
The WHO is doing the correct thing in raising the level to 5.
They understand that this is spreading like wildfire.

Hey, I take information that I see just like you and put two and two together.
This has all the earmarks of 1918.

All I am asking people to do is be prepared and understand that most info is old news to CDC and governments.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bonesinis

Oh and don't forget to do what your government tells you.........there will be a vaccination station at your local mall.......

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Praying the press, will ask some questions about the mutation of the virus, and how that may effect the vaccine.. Stop asking about the transmission!!

Sorry its like watching kindergartners asking their teacher if they can goto the bathroom...

link   

smart move i would have done the same thing.

the guy next door doesnt want to go to the doc, i think he's just tring to blow it off. i'm keeping at least 100 feet away from him

link   
reply to post by captiva

twitter.com...

There go!

link   

There is absolutly no proof in your comment " spreading like wildfire" where do you get this information?
also the WHO advises governments .. please show me sources for your comments

respects

SMR

link   

World swine flu cases jump

updated 28 minutes ago

# NEW: World Health Organizations reports 132 cases in 11 countries
# NEW: WHO to convene session to consider raising threat level
# NEW: Pentagon plans task force to help in event of pandemic
# NEW: U.S. government working on vaccine, homeland security chief says

The virus has been reported in 10 states, and the number of people infected with the 2009 H1N1 influenza strain grew to 91 in the U.S., the CDC said Wednesday. That number includes the first U.S. swine flu fatality: a 22-month-old child from Mexico who died of the illness Monday at a Houston, Texas, hospital.

A U.S. Marine in California is the military's first suspected case of swine flu, and three military family members in San Diego have confirmed cases, the Defense Department said.

That bold one is new and not even on any of my local news sites?

At least 74 elementary, junior high and high schools have closed across the country due to confirmed or probable cases of swine flu, the Department of Education said Wednesday.

When the flu spreads person to person, instead of from animals to humans, it can continue to mutate, making it harder to treat or fight, because people have no natural immunity.
Symptoms include fever, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

South Carolina

Number of suspected swine flu cases grows in South Carolina

South Carolina now has added 41 suspected cases of the new swine flu illness to the 10 probable cases among Newberry school students and 17 additional investigations are underway, Dr. Jerry Gibson, state epidemiologist and director of the state Department of Health and Environmental Control’s Bureau of Disease Control said this afternoon during a media conference.

For those talking about an overreaction to this situation... take a look at this:

Egypt orders slaughter of all pigs over swine flu

That seems a little over the top to me...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

WHO chief to raise pandemic alert level-sources

GENEVA, April 29 (Reuters) - The head of the World Health Organisation will increase the pandemic flu alert level to 5, the second highest level, WHO sources said on Wednesday.

Director-General Margaret Chan is expected to make the announcement at a 10 p.m. (2000 GMT) press briefing about the swine flu outbreak at the WHO's Geneva headquarters.

"Things are moving fast," one source said.

Another said Chan would increase the alert by one step, from 4 to 5, in response to the spreading virus that has killed as many as 159 people in Mexico and spread to the United States, Canada, Europe, Israel, and New Zealand.

"I don't think it will be 6," that source said.

According to the WHO's pandemic flu response guidelines, a phase 5 alert is called when there is human-to-human spread of virus in at least two countries in one region.

"While most countries will not be affected at this stage, the declaration of Phase 5 is a strong signal that a pandemic is imminent and that the time to finalise the organisation, communication and implementation of the planned mitigation measures is short," the document reads.

I SUGGEST YOU READ WHOLE ARTICLE IN:
www.alertnet.org...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva

There is absolutly no proof in your comment " spreading like wildfire" where do you get this information?

respects

i think everyone would agree its spreading very fast

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva

respects

Dude, is your whole purpose on this thread to ask people for sources for their comments. I agree, let's not jump the gun here and panic, but every time someone posts you're all over them for sources.

What are you the hall monitor?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

maps.google.com...

Watch this for a couple of days. I have been watching it since Friday. Good enough of a source?

By the way...this information is consider old because it is based on Media reports and confirmations from the CDC.

new topics

top topics

<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join