It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 139
<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Mexican media is not helpful either. Some of their papers and local radio are producing death figures in the high hundreds, a radio station in Mexico City suggested the death toll was really between 200-300.

A French journalists asked the WHO to comment on the "50 dead a day" scenario coming out of Mexico. WHO, in fairness, has no idea.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Just reported here in Indiana on WXNT radio, that two new cases are being tested in Marion County (Indianapolis) and are assumed to be positive for the virus.

This is about 30 seconds ago.

Yuk.

link   

Originally posted by mkross1983
UPDATE:

mpoppel"There will be no CDC press briefing this afternoon. The next CDC press briefing time will be announced tomorrow. "16 minutes ago from TweetDeck

They are afraid to report the numbers. Map their offical numbers the last few days. Anyone else recognize the exponent when they see it?

link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
What is actually going on?

A lot of media contradictions and BS unfortunately.

Hi blup, that is what it is beginning to look like,

Remember the stoy about the boy who cried wolf?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mainer

I haven't been paying close enough attention to the numbers to map anything out, but I am curious about what trend you see. Care to elaborate further?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by blupblup

Mexican media is not helpful either. Some of their papers and local radio are producing death figures in the high hundreds, a radio station in Mexico City suggested the death toll was really between 200-300.

A French journalists asked the WHO to comment on the "50 dead a day" scenario coming out of Mexico. WHO, in fairness, has no idea.

Exactly.... it's so confusing.

No matter where you get your info (and i like multiple sources) it differs greatly from elsewhere.
I think there is obviously a lot of scaremongering going on and also a lot of hushing up too....

I would say the truth is somewhere in the middle.

[edit on 29/4/09 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FX44rice
It is just plain too early into this issue to determine whether it is:

epidemic
pandemic
highly transmissive
high mortality
engineered
natural occurence
accidental exposure
conspiracy

I believe the above is what each agency is trying to determine. It is six days into the high media coverage.

Everybody here wants to know the answer to all immediately or guess it. You aren't going to get it anytime soon.

I think one of the major components is that there are groups of people in the "sort of" know who know some things - while other groups - might know something else.
In other words - the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
And add to that - I don't think the left hand trusts the right hand-

When you look at the segmented system we have going on -
on the most basic of levels - ie: republicans vs democrats...
you can see how this plays out in all major decisions and in gathering
and trusting sources of information.

The information is always dependent on the what the source is -
and on - who wants to be in/maintain power - who is it that is lining their pockets -
who wants to make the decisions for the masses... and why...
and - the mere fact that we are all too human -
Our decisions so often not based on a level of true integrity.

The good side of this - is there are many people vibrating to a different drummer.
Who do what is right - who knows what right is. Who don't have an agenda and really are looking out for the best interest of the species. It is our job to BE one of those people - and be able to do our best at sifting through those who are not.

link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by AllexxisF1

You do realize that the 1918 flu was man made?

As well as the 1976?

Uhhhh...the medical tech in 1918 was primitive at best, and the processes necessary to manipulate genetic sequences simply hadn't been thought of, much less invented then. No, it couldn't possibly have been man-made back then.

The 1976 flu wasn't much of a much...no particular opinion on that.

Now, to address the whole "biowar attack" thing: flu is a very, very difficult thing to weaponize because it mutates so fast that you've no guarantee it wouldn't kill you; even if you had a vaccine prepared, there is no guarantee it would be effective after the virus has a few weeks to mutate freely. About the only way flu works as a weapon is when your folks have already survived a particular strain, while your neighbors haven't. In fact, biological attacks are pretty useless from a military point of view, and were given up on as a tactical device for the same reason gas attacks were: too unreliable and unpredictable. Doesn't stop the research, though; the holy grail of biowar is a bug that kills or deblitates within 24-48 hours then politely goes away. hasn't been accomplished yet, to the best of my knowledge; pesky bugs insist on evolving without permission.

One of my worries over the past year or two has been a resurrection of the 1918 strain due to thawing of the permafrost. A fair number of victims were buried in ground that is rapidly thawing out. Could it get loose again via that route? Dunno. Is this current strain related? Dunno.

Before we waste time, energy, and thought on biowar crap, let's try to keep in mind that it is still very early in this outbreak, and most bureaucracies were entirely focussed on the economic crisis up until a week ago. It will take another couple of weeks for them to catch up with facts, numbers and mentally grasp the full picture. No wonder things are contradictory and confused.

Try also to keep in mind that here on ATS we are about 24 to 48 hours ahead of the MSM, so far as I can tell, so our view of the situation is somewhat ahead of the curve. But just because this is a naturally occurring virus doesn't preclude the idea that the PTB will try to use it to further their agendas. But engineered? Not likely, nearly to the point of impossiblity.

link   
Observing the buzz, the past two pages, here is what I think.

We are'nt going to know anything for awhile. What will end up happening, is we have a Presidential press conference tonight. He announce something along the lines of Borders being closed, or hint to it. federal and state government influences are going to start happening.

Now its supposedly not suppose to be fatal as of yet. No one is dieing from it, away from Mexican ethnicity, yet we are talking about closing schools, and possibly shutting down borders and what not. yet no one is dieing.

Needless to say, the bottumline here, is stepping away from the hype by focusing on the problem, and start demanding we get busy on making a anti viral booster shot or something to try to prevent the illness. Not pay attention to where its spreading since no one is dieing outside of Mexico. So we need to demand, I dunno how, or start asking question on getting a vaccine together for the FALL, just in case this thing blows up. Thats it, their is really nothing else we can do now. If the Government declare marshal law, or start taking freedoms away, or curfews or whatever, something is very wrong. Thats really about it. Not to much else that can be done about this. Now if people start to die all of sudden, from this, then its a dire situation, yet the studies being done right now, do not indicate that happening, unless we are not being given that info. As far as Mexico, they cannot keep track of everyone that has gotten, nor that has died, perhaps even more have pasted away, yet the US, victims seem to be recovering just fine, also other people worldwide. I believe a vaccine is needed, asap.. That should be the questions the press should be asking our governments now. Not the WHERE is it, what are we going to do for prevention, now if they cannot make a vaccine for this virus, THEN, that is another cause for alarm.. The questions should be focused on the vaccine, who can get it, etc. etc. I have been thinking about this for awhile, and I think this is the intelligent angle to apply towards a solution.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Hi blup, that is what it is beginning to look like,
Remember the story about the boy who cried wolf?

Yep....it's a sad state of affairs for sure.

As the media's own motto goes...

don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

:shk: :shk:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It is my understanding, in a state of emergency, the government will take control of the media and be issuing the updates. I know, in the event of a state of emergency in the UK, our government will implement control of media outlets.

(This might happen if the WHO upgrade to Level 5)

UK government outlining its measure in the event of pandemic as we speak.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
If we look at this under the Problem-Reaction-Solution Agenda....

Problem = mild but new virus , no fatalities except for 27 in Mexico

Reaction = public call for border closing, more protection, immunisation, " We are frightened" RFID chip for those immunised..etc. etc..etc
The government needs to take more controll of the media ( Bad info given in a crisis)

Solution = Everything the conspiracy theorists have been quoting for a long while. Ane we will have asked for it !

Where are the governments during this? Reading an upside down book on goats in a childrens school?

Respects

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Guys, I need some help with this.

I was at my Youtube account and noticed a friend had sent me this video on APRIL 13, two weeks before this flu was even announced!!

Check it out and lemme know what you think of this satanic calendar.

Dang, the OP at Youtube predicted this back on April 12, and April 19 is "sacrifice day" to baal?

Creepy.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Adrifter

The government announced this morning that the seed stock for a vaccine has begun but they also said that they do not know if it will work or not because the DNA of this Flu is already changing. Mutating. They are afraid that this flu will come back in the fall at the beginning of our flu season as a mutated killer just like in 1918. This as reported by fox news.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
We had to take our son to a urgent care facility an hour ago due to some kidney issues..........

But his symptoms were influenza like as well , with out fever......

First of all I am in Healthcare......

Upon examination the physician said they were ordered by the CDC and Federal Gov not to perform any common influenza test........

Does everyone understand what this means? It is to keep the masses fear the panic associated with swine flu issue........

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

link   
Tory spokesmen said there could be millions of deaths in the third world

Stating the obvious, true, but could've at least been more suave and polite.

link   
reply to post by bonesinis

links, source please?

respects

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bonesinis
reply to post by Adrifter

The government announced this morning that the seed stock for a vaccine has begun but they also said that they do not know if it will work or not because the DNA of this Flu is already changing. Mutating. They are afraid that this flu will come back in the fall at the beginning of our flu season as a mutated killer just like in 1918. This as reported by fox news.

Ah, I see, so a vaccine may not work, because the virus is changing its DNA? Wow, thats interesting indeed. Well if a vaccine will not work, btw if you could a source online would be nice for that info. Yet if that is true, then their is a good cause for alarm folks.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
We had to take our son to a urgent care facility an hour ago due to some kidney issues..........

But his symptoms were influenza like as well , with out fever......

First of all I am in Healthcare......

Upon examination the physician said they were ordered by the CDC and Federal Gov not to perform any common influenza test........

Does everyone understand what this means? It is to keep the masses fear and panic associated with swine flu issue........

If this is true... the rabbit hole is deeper than I thought !!!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I just heard it on Fox News. I am checking to see if it is on their website.

top topics

<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join