It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 138
<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

So, they had the technology to develop a man made virus in 1918 but were unable to discover Penicillin till 1928? In other words, the citizens of the 1918 could develop a complex virus but couldn't develop a simple anti-bacteria drug.

Hmmm, can you please share whatever you're smoking with the rest of us.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This thread moves too fast to keep up with it. I read on another site that there were 10 states in the U.S. that had confirmed cases but it did not list the 10 states affected. Does anyone know which states have been hit?

Also, I find it odd that the only death in the U.S. has been a Mexican-American child.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

so its a conspiracy? no actual facts?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
Just as a lighter moment...If it is a conspiracy there will certainly be diss-info agents in this thread. If you are one can you let us know?..

I am diss-info......as in i Diss the info that is BS....and try and sort the crap from the truth.

If you mean dis-info.... then i dunno man... can't see how anyone would be able to stop this from taking off...

In the last few days this story has gathered pace quicker than anything I've ever seen.
Unless they are dis-info who are pushing the story in that direction?

i dunno man..

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Ok so I read on drudge this AM,"Only 7 swine flu deaths, not 152"

So what is it?

No death as of yet in America, but the one mexican child? Is that correct?

Mild cases?

What is actually going on?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

We have to close the border now! The child that died in Houston was from Mexico and the child and the family came across the border on April 10th or 11th! They could not get the medical care in Mexico at that time. This is scary!
The next logical question is......how many have crossed the border for healthcare? How many have crossed the border to escape the growing crisis? How many have come in just since April 24th, when this story broke?
All we are doing is asking people that are crossing the border if they feel ill. What? Who crossing the border is going to say yes? They will say no say they can get across and then head straight to a hospital.
Not only do we have to pay for the medical attention but now we get what began in Mexico. Yes, I know there are people coming in via air to airports everyday, but why tax a system that is already overloaded and underfunded by taking care of people that Mexico should be taking care of?
What if this flu mutates into the horrible killer that we all fear in someone on a border town. If access to America is denied then we stop the new virus from coming in.
I feel bad for Mexico and their people but we have to quell the flu here now and keep out those that can bring in worse mutations of this flu.
We can send supplies and money to Mexico to help them out.

link   
I know that the level remains at 4 and that the WHO have said they are getting close to raising it to 5 but haven't yet done that. Does that mean that there's no chance of it raising today? Have they finished their meeting about raising it or is it still ongoing? If they've finished does that mean that they would need to call another meeting to discuss raising it before anything else happens? I'm just wondering what the process is here and whether they're finished looking at changing it today.

link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
What is actually going on?

A lot of media contradictions and BS unfortunately.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
Just as a lighter moment...If it is a conspiracy there will certainly be diss-info agents in this thread. If you are one can you let us know?..then we can see the viewpoint and agenda you are pushing?

Back on topic...Does anyone know when the WHO are having their next press conference please?

respects

LOL, how am I a disinformation agent when I believe that this virus has the potential to kill mass amounts of people based on science and history.

Do I believe their is a global banker elite and possibly an NWO, sure I do. Do I also believe that things happen in their nature that is completely out of their control, yes I do.

The bottom line is people are asking the wrong questions.

The first question should be is when can we expect the genome sequence of this new virus to be disclosed to the general public.

The second is their any difference at all with the virus found in the U.S. and abroad from the one in Mexico. I mean any difference especially within the gene segments.

link   
3 confirmed in Southern Maine

Portland Press Herald

link   
CDC Lab confirmed cases in the US
Not counting the mexican baby who died after being transfered from mexico.

Arizona 1
California 14
Indiana 1
Kansas 2
Massachusetts 2
Michigan 2
Nevada 1
New York City 51
Ohio 1
Texas 16
TOTAL COUNTS 91 cases

Respects

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

_Deaths: 159 in Mexico, seven confirmed as swine flu and rest suspected. One confirmed in the U.S., a 23-month-old Texas child.

It is unfortunately becoming harder to believe all the people citing REAL info on ATS!! This was NOT a Texas child!! He was visiting from Mexico City...

Please folks.......let's calm down, take a deep breath, and start posting the facts here - not rumors!! This is confusing enough without some jumping to post before actually confirmation and factual infomation.

I suggest that so-called info or press releases NOT be posted without links to sources. Maybe this will help in getting REAL info out as I have been using 2 of these threads for real info not suspected.

I do not mean to be sounding like a bitch, but my family's survival could be a state here, you know??
Besides the gov gives us enough misinfo as it is. Thanks for listening & please do not take this personally.

BTW - twitter is not the best source of real info.....

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AllexxisF1

did I say you were a diss-info agent

please read my post agin

respects

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

The complications of information being sent to the WHO. It is frustrating because the WHO can only commit on what information it receives. For all we know, Mexico could have 1,000 dead or just 7.

We don't know until the WHO gets the information.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
UPDATE:

mpoppel"There will be no CDC press briefing this afternoon. The next CDC press briefing time will be announced tomorrow. "16 minutes ago from TweetDeck

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Champagne
It is unfortunately becoming harder to believe all the people citing REAL info on ATS!! This was NOT a Texas child!! He was visiting from Mexico City...

The child died under US jurisdiction and will receive a US death certificate. It will be recognised as an American death because it occurred in the United States.

(Yes, I know, it is utterly facetious but that's international law)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by blupblup

The complications of information being sent to the WHO. It is frustrating because the WHO can only commit on what information it receives. For all we know, Mexico could have 1,000 dead or just 7.

We don't know until the WHO gets the information.

Oh i understand that.

It's just the media who can't seem to get anything right it seems.
Many conflicting reports and as I've mentioned.... certain things pop into bulletins, then are unheard of again.

It's very frustrating indeed.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

People keep quoting the same media that at other times they would have dismissed as liars and fear mongers. But again i am not saying it is a conspiracy, but just thinking. There have been some weird coincidences. I mean what would it take for you to believe it is a conspiracy?

Well I am sitting here watching the MSM right now, and to me they seem to be fear mongers.

If this turns out to be nothing, they have sure caused a lot of panic.

Do these news reporters take drama lessons?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Why has nothing yet happened in Arizona? Seems like there should be lots of cases.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by Champagne

The child died under US jurisdiction and will receive a US death certificate. It will be recognised as an American death because it occurred in the United States.

(Yes, I know, it is utterly facetious but that's international law)

Understood he will be considered US death. That is not what I meant. I believe soon enough we will have deaths of Americans that have not travelled to Mexico.

Just wanted to point out that even though he died here - he probably got sick, and carried the virus with him to US, in Mexico.

new topics

top topics

<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join