It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 141
<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
## BULLETIN -- WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION TO MAKE ANNOUNCEMENT IN 20 MINUTES; EXPECTED TO DECLARE PANDEMIC EMERGENCY.2 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
A little blip that just hit our local news

Health officials in New Mexico are testing five local samples to rule out swine flu.

They won't say where the five sick people are in New Mexico.

The state can't test for swine flu, so if tests in New Mexico don't determine what those people have, the samples will be sent to the Centers for Disease Control to see if New Mexico has its first cases of swine flu.

The state says it wouldn't get results back from the CDC for a couple days.

is that just in the Alb area? I know there was a front page thing in Alamogordo's paper talking about some hotline and stuff yesterday. I hope it doesnt come down here! >_

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

But yet Obama has still not closed our borders and stopped Mexican flights?

That's a mouthful.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

In addition to the 22-month-old child who died in Houston on Monday after being infected in Mexico, state health officials are concerned about two other seriously ill patients who are suspected to have swine flu, said Dr. David Lakey, commissioner of the Department of State Health Services. The first is a 23-month-old child. The second is a pregnant woman who had to have an emergency C-section. Her child is doing fine, but the mother is in critical condition, Lakey said. He said there was “a high likelihood” that the woman’s illness would be confirmed as swine flu.
statesman.com

The above may have played a role in his disaster decision.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

so apparently that video isn'tavailable in the US !!??!??!?

????????????
???????
??????????????????
??????????

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Hopefully we do not see another death, but their conditions seem to be deteriorating

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Marine at 29 Palms has been confirmed with H1N1 by California state officials. He's in isolation and is recovering.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
just got a text from an old flame,that a farm worker in the area has been tested with it...She is a nurse and very credible...This is in south jersey..

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I am losing hope on that being the case.

The article above seems to be some of the things we are not hearing from the sources we are looking at most...twitter

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Bombeni, we can get into a private conversation if you wish concerning vaccinations and tamiflu......

I know you and I have discussed many issues on different threads before and its difficult to trust ATS members...........but I will be glad to pass my info to you.....

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Right, I have an update from my source in Zimbabwe:

The two deaths have been sent to the CDC and WHO, these individuals died of a mysterious flu. Ministry for Health in Zimbabwe has implemented an emergency meeting and operations for a potential pandemic is now in place.

No evidence if these deaths are linked to the two potential cases in South Africa.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
# BULLETIN -- WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION SCHEDULES NEWS CONFERENCE AT 2000 GMT TO MAKE ANNOUNCEMENT.2 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

# The Reuters news agency has learned that the WHO will announce a phase 5 pandemic in 1 hour and 15 minutes. BNO News is working to confirm.3 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

(BBC are confirming this)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
From Reuters.com

Sources say WHO likely to increase flu alert to level 5 because "things moving fast"
"

SMR

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
So I take it we are going to start seeing more deaths happen now that this flu has had enough time to work ...
If all we end up doing is reporting deaths due to this thing, things could start getting very interesting.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I can confirm all cases in the United Kingdom are now classified, it is why we are waiting 24 - 48 hours.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Hold on to your hats everyone, bumpy ride ahead if they level this up,

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SMR

I think the fact that the incubation period is reaching a couple of days we'll start seeing more reports of deaths (my guess is people have already died in the US from this).

Interesting times we live in indeed...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
# BULLETIN -- WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION SCHEDULES NEWS CONFERENCE AT 2000 GMT TO MAKE ANNOUNCEMENT.2 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

# The Reuters news agency has learned that the WHO will announce a phase 5 pandemic in 1 hour and 15 minutes. BNO News is working to confirm.3 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

(BBC are confirming this)

So, Hmm in less then two days were going up another level? Do we have any answers on vaccinations yet? Confirmation on the virus mutating preventing a sound working vaccination?

Something does not sound right. Its really starting to reveal itself to me now..

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Adrifter

Here is a link to a fox story they got from the AP:

www.foxnews.com.../health/infectious

It says the virus is growing slower than expected in the seed stock.
They are having a hard time at the start of the process.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Emergency procedures are already in place and implemented in the UK. Names, location and whereabouts is secret now. The government now controls the information being presented to the press.

new topics

top topics

<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join