It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 140
<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
We had to take our son to a urgent care facility an hour ago due to some kidney issues..........

But his symptoms were influenza like as well , with out fever......

First of all I am in Healthcare......

Upon examination the physician said they were ordered by the CDC and Federal Gov not to perform any common influenza test........

Does everyone understand what this means? It is to keep the masses fear the panic associated with swine flu issue........

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

Could it be because the test for swine flu would indicate if it was "normal" flu anyway, so it just saves on doing two different tests by simply testing all flu cases for swine flu?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Lets have any member here call there local urgent care or ER and ask the question........

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Uk health secretary just said a phone swine flu line system "wont be up and running until october"

they must know behind the scenes this is going to be bad if they suspect it will be bad in 5 /6 months
looks like we are in this for the long run

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

My wife took him and she said the physician had no idea of why they could not test for regular influenza.........This urgent care facility is owned by a local hospital and the orders came from there via CDC/Federal Gov

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

We had to take our son to a urgent care facility an hour ago due to some kidney issues..........

Upon examination the physician said they were ordered by the CDC and Federal Gov not to perform any common influenza test........

Does everyone understand what this means? It is to keep the masses fear the panic associated with swine flu issue........

Sorry to hear about your son. I hope he recovers swiftly.

I remember hearing yesterday that the 100+ suspected cases in NY were not being tested.

This floored me, but I came to the same conclusion as you.

They're hiding the real rates. Not lying, just not testing!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Huh? Whadya mean, can't take flu test?? What the ?

So did they give tamiflu or similar? We supposedly have 50 million doses of it.

link   
reply to post by unityemissions

No, you can go and be tested for the swine flu, but not the regular influenza that affects millions every year

link   
reply to post by Adrifter

If you go back to around page 113 or so, I posted several links concerning how the flu virus mutates. All flu viruses are as promiscuous as a drunk and horny college student: whenever they meet a different flu virus, they unzip and resort their DNA into whatever sticks together. This is why one season's vacine is all but useless against the next's.

This is also why engineering flu is a pretty futile task: as soon as you let it go, it'll mutate on you and you've no control or even awareness of the process until it starts biting people. Me. I wouldn't even consider using a weapon that had a near 100% unpredictability factor.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

They have been ordered to not perform any "common" test's because they are being inundated with the one's for the H1N1.
It has nothing to do with him being sick or not they are just up to their eyeball's in test's right now. A large number of states are going into emergency mode so that they can do testing "in house" instead of sending out test's straining the cdc further.
Once a state has instituted emergency power's etc they can legally take over the lab's operations and get the test results in half the time it would take the cdc to get to it. GOOD call if you ask me, it make's it much easier on the state's to issue medical care in half the time etc.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Oops, my bad. I misread. Carry on.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I am ok at the moment, as long as things don't end up like this.

www.youtube.com...

link   
reply to post by bonesinis

Here is a link to yesterday's CDC press conference in which they say that have started the seed stock. I am still trying to find something on Fox about the mutations.

www.cdc.gov...

link   
True, about a vaccination, if people are dieing in mexico, and they really don't know why and not dieing away from mexico, does that implicate mutation? Or just poor health care in Mexico. Why aren't these questions being ASKED??!! Still don't see a source for the mutation excuse for being concerned about whether a vaccine will work or not. yet the question still remains, we need answers about making a vaccine. It is odd, that people were dieing in Mexico, yet not here, will pneumonia like effects. Sounds to me like its a very strong strand of FLU, that if not put in check by sleeping or resting it off, it can kill ya, that sounds more logical to me. Still, if I were in a position to ask the cdc, I would be pressing vaccination, and see what answers I would get. I mean do we have cdc field techs down in mexico right now? What are they doing about this? So many questions, yet were are just really getting fed the hysteria from the press..

SMR

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

SDSU Has Suspected Swine Flu Case

Apr 28, 2009 11:37 PM PDT
Apr 28, 2009 11:37 PM PDT
A student at San Diego State University is sick with a "suspected" case of swine flu, according to a letter sent late Tuesday night.

An email was sent at about 10:30 p.m. to all SDSU students, faculty and staff. Gina Jacobs, SDSU Media Relations Manager says a student was treated for flu-like symptoms and tested positive for type A influenza. The email reads, "... based on this, the student is considered to have a "suspected" case of swine flu. The student is currently receiving treatment and the condition is not considered life threatening."

The spokesperson says the student does not live on campus and will not be returning to campus until a full recovery is made. Wednesday classes will continue as scheduled.

The Health Department has been notified and the school will release more information if the student tests positive for swine flu.
SOURCE

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

No, they gave him pain medicine for his back (kidney issue)..........

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
BBC: WHO to upgrade to level 5 in the news conference, to be held in a hour

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Fox news is getting ready to have a live feed for the chicago swine flu presser

interactive.foxnews.com...

The original tab was for nevada but it must have already past. That is a direct link to the player. If you dont have it just hit play now it will pop up.
xoxo stacie

link   

reply to post by Bombeni

No, they gave him pain medicine for his back (kidney issue)..........

Clouds if you suspect swine flu, go to your local health department; that is what I plan to do if I or any member of my family suspects it. They will test for it and they have tamiflu.

link   
A little blip that just hit our local news

Health officials in New Mexico are testing five local samples to rule out swine flu.

They won't say where the five sick people are in New Mexico.

The state can't test for swine flu, so if tests in New Mexico don't determine what those people have, the samples will be sent to the Centers for Disease Control to see if New Mexico has its first cases of swine flu.

The state says it wouldn't get results back from the CDC for a couple days.

top topics

<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join