It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 119
<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I have a mask and anti bacterial hand gel.

Also been and bought loads of tinned food and pot noodles, just in case.

As someone stated earlier 'to fail to prepare is preparing to fail!'

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

The same people said the two in Scotland didn't have Swine Flu. I'll wait for the official statement.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Yeah..... i guess.
They said tests have come back negative..... but the point in all this is that we don't know.

We don't know the true figures....we don't know who is telling the truth.

So I'll just keep reporting what i hear

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Oh do not get me wrong, I wont be going out buying any masks, If We are going to get hit with this virus, nothing we wear is going to stop us from getting it.

Reply to Infinite and blupblup, only time I believe what is being said in by Nichola Sturgeon durng her press conferences. But I agree on one thing they need to tell us how many exact cases they are.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Bad news about the child and more to come no doubt if the virus continues to spread. I felt real fear about all this last night, it made me realize a little of how soldier must feel preparing for battle on the frontline and how brave and strong they have to be. If this does go big we will all have to learn to be soldiers .... I feel calmer today, like on some strange pre-crisis auto pilot . Am off to empty the spare wardrobes to make room for my supplies now.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
this is what really bugs me, to the point i nearly gave him a mouthful
i work in a large manufacturing plant, we have visitors from all nations walking round, whether it be customers, project leaders, or visitors. yesterday it dawned on me when i saw a group of chineese and a group of french walking round.
i went to see my H&S rep, and asked him does he have any idea what the company would do if the flu got out of hand over here, would they stop foreign nations visiting. He laughed in my face, and joked about " chicken flu " then told me i was crazy and began to tell people who he was working with what i asked.
Was it wrong of me to ask this question to a Health and Safety rep ?????????

[edit on 29-4-2009 by binkatonka]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Just received in New Zealand

Source

A government official confirmed the first US death from the new H1N1 swine flu on Wednesday, a 23-month-old child who died in Texas. It is the first death from swine flu reported outside Mexico, the country hardest hit by the influenza outbreak. The official gave no other details on the case.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
In all honesty though if this does spiral all out of control and go truely pandemic, what can we do? Just lock ourselves in our homes?

For how long? When does it get to the point where you think right, this is it, and basically just isolate yourself from the outside world?

Fact is, if this gets uber bad, then tons of people will die because either they didn't take it seriously or they just don't have any idea what to do.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by muddyhoop
I have a mask and anti bacterial hand gel.

Also been and bought loads of tinned food and pot noodles, just in case.

As someone stated earlier 'to fail to prepare is preparing to fail!'

I'm doing that right now! If this doesn't blow up into a full scale pandemic with many deaths outside of Mexico, then atleast i'm prepared in the event of something else happening.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
U.S. has first death from swine flu
reuters.com

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
i dont understand this maybe some one can explain
uk is buying masks for front line medical staff to use when dealing with swine flu, that said i can only assume these masks are effective in some way against swine flu.
but
uk public are being told surgical masks are not effective against swine flu & will only offer the public a false sence of security.
ok so
1: are masks only effective when used by medical staff ?
2:are medical staff useing masks as a false sence of security ?
3:are masks like n99/n100/ffp3 type masks effective against swine flu or not ?
4:this masks for medical staff but not for public isnt making sence !!!.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by cooler

and why are they buying so many ?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by binkatonka

Mainy for Health Workers, Fire Service, Police, Army Personel basically front line staff. We the public have to buy our own lol. Figures!

The face masks being ordered by UK Gov, are for NHS staff only.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Priminister in parliment says young girl in torbay has confirmed swine flu, and also one adult in london confirmed.. This flu will spread like wild fire through london

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
# BULLETIN -- UK PM BROWN CONFIRMS FIRST SWINE FLU CASE IN LONDON.5 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
On preparedness...

I've been meaning to add masks to the BoB for a while, this just prompted me to

Regular ATS brethren will be most familiar with the bug out bag - while masks might not be too effective at stopping a virus, it's better than nothing at all. Coupled with antiseptic wash, you at least better your chances of not catching it than doing nothing at all.

There was an interview with an Australian tourist coming back from Mexico, and he was asked what he thought about all the mask wearing in Mexico:

"Nah, we didn't know what was goin' on, we thought it was 'cause of the smog n' stuff.."

Knowing what is going on is the first step.

Perspective is great, but it's impossible to factor in the unimaginable, and that's what we're all here to discuss.

Just stock up and keep as many bases as possible covered.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by cooler

Maybe they don't want the public to wear masks... more deaths???

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
First swine flu suspect just confirmed in Finland.

Finnish Broadcasting Company

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Three more cases of swine flu have been confirmed in Britain, the Prime Minister has revealed, including a 12-year-old girl.

SkyNews also

# U.K. PM Brown says a 12-year-old girl from Torbay and two adults from Birmingham and London have been diagnosed with swine flu.8 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

So this is getting every age groupe, not 20 to 50 year olds.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by IamNow]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Oh lord, now the madness has really set in....

Egypt considers mass pigs cull over swine flu fears

Egypt, hard hit by the highly pathogenic bird flu virus, is considering culling hundreds of thousands of pigs as a precautionary measure as swine flu nears the borders of the most populous Arab country.
The move is not expected to block the H1N1 virus from striking, as the illness is spread by people and not present in Egyptian swine. But acting against pigs, largely viewed as unclean in conservative Muslim Egypt, could help quell a panic.

www.alertnet.org...

The humans going into Egypt would carry the virus, not the pigs, unless they're magical flying pigs from Mexico...

top topics

<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join