It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 117
<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join
share:
SMR

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead

Only 7 confirmed swine flu deaths: WHO

A member of the World Health Organisation (WHO) has dismissed claims that more than 150 people have died from swine flu, saying it has officially recorded only seven deaths around the world.

Ok ... whats the deal here.Why are they just now coming out saying this.CNN and other major news outlets have been reporting this supposed fictitious number all day and been counting up to this number for days now.Why not correct them sooner? All reports I have seen regarding numbers have included 'reported by WHO' in them.

It really irritates me when news is spread for days and then all of a sudden it turns into 'false claims' by someone.
If an organization as large as WHO sees a wrong number being reported on large news outlets, should they not correct it ASAP?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by haika

God, bet he can't wait to get back. Sounds like such a warm welcome...

"You WILL do this".

Hmm.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Patient Zero found:

www.news.com.au...

A FIVE-YEAR-OLD Mexican boy is reported to be "Patient Zero" in the swine flu outbreak.

Edgar Hernandez survived after being diagnosed with the virus earlier this month, and residents of La Gloria believe it is ground zero for the epidemic, The Associated Press reports

And despite sleeping in the same bed as Edgar, neither his parents nor his three-year-old brother contracted the flu

but...

Officials at the nearby pig farm said none of their worker or pigs were sick.

5yr old boy?

This smells suss.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

We don't know. This story looks like BS... some say it's from Canada, some California, some Mexico... there's obviously someone trying to produce confusion... yeah let's all forget about Baxter sending vaccines with live bird flu mixed with human flu to be injected in people in europe early march.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Leaflets about the swine flu outbreak and how to prevent its spread are to be delivered to every UK household. The Department of Health is also "urgently looking" at increasing stockpiles of facemasks, most likely for issue to health professionals.
news.bbc.co.uk...

and this is Britain doing the best it can.... LOL

According to Pulse, Dr. Gregor McEwan, a GP from Clapham, South West London, has been left to investigate a suspected swine flu infection case without adequate local advice or access to antivirals. Dr. McEwan explained to Pulse how he alone is having to coordinate tests, as well as treatment for a woman who was declared as a possibly infected patient with the H1N1 virus (swine flu virus).

According to Dr. McEwan, he received little guidance from the local Health Protection Unit, the NHS (National Health Service) or his PCT.

NHS Direct told the patient, a woman who had returned to the UK from Canada via New York, to contact her GP. The woman has flu-like symptoms.
www.medicalnewstoday.com...

And here's a link to a couple of maps too...
www.medicalnewstoday.com...

SMR

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I posted this story a few pages back.It was then on TV and they wouldn't let the reporter near the farms.
It is half-owned by Smithfield Foods, Inc.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   

The woman has flu-like symptoms.

I have flu like symptoms too. I won't go to the hospital screaming... this is getting ridiculous.

You have the swine flu if you're coughing blood. Other than that, it's normal flu, stay home.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bluedrake

Whats not to understand?

Since January, more than 13,000 people have died of complications from seasonal flu,

'complications'

Secondly,

regular flu has medicine you can take to be gone of the bug.
There isnt one for the Swine flu

also, the swine flu seems to be killing perfectly healthy 20-30 somethings.

Where as im betting majority of people who die from regular flu are very old frail people.

i mean, you dont see highschools putting out major alerts if a pupils has the flu for the day do you ?

a little logic is needed here to distinguish!

SMR

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Where does it say that one 'coughs blood' if infected with Swine Flu?
From what I have read, even on the paper sent home with my kids the other day, it's just normal flu like symptoms.No coughing up blood.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SMR

It happened during the Spanish Flu (swine). The healthy who have cytokine storms end up destroying their lungs, and other organs. We're not seeing details on the advanced stages of those who end up dying for a good reason.

To avoid panic!

[edit on 29-4-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Swine flu: Germany confirms first case
German medical authorities have confirmed a case of swine flu in Bavaria, the health ministry of the southern state said on Wednesday.

The Robert Koch institute said a patient from the Regensburg area had contracted the deadly strain.

Germany is the third country in Europe to diagnose the disease after cases were found in Britain and Spain earlier this week.

Source

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
it is hardly deadly. and where are the figures that show ages of the deceased.
its probably as deadly as the common flu. which is deadly to the elderly, weak and very young.
plus there are so many illnesses that cause respiratory failure which all the current figures have been linked to.
common flu cause respiratory failure if you can't get the fluid off your chest.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Plymouth health chiefs have refused to say if anyone in the city is being tested for the virus.

www.thisisplymouth.co.uk...

WHY?

Former Herald reporter and University of Plymouth student Abigail Edge, currently working with The Guardian, was today at Heathrow. Writing for The Guardian website she said: "Every time somebody on British Airways flight 242 from Mexico City coughed, other passengers would start to look panicked. Despite the ten hour flight many were too anxious to sleep or even to eat, reluctant to remove the blue surgical masks which over the last few days have come to represent one of the fastest-growing threats to the health of nations around the globe: swine flu.

But Plymouths health chiefs refuse to say anything even though many people seem to be very concerned about all this..

"Most of them are just staying at home and avoiding contact with others but they feel terrible, with a bad fever and sore muscles.

The real head count is obviously way, way under the numbers we are seeing reported..

If a doctor or nurse believes that testing for swine flu is required, there is a simple swab test which can be done.

Which adds to the evidence that suggests this BBC report is bogus and only aimed at promoting Tamiflu.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Wednesday headline...Britain to order 32 million masks... 40% at risk.

news.sky.com... n_Picture_UK_News_Region_0&lid=GALLERY_15271393_The_Papers_-_National_Newspaper_Front_Pages_On_Wednesday_April_29%2C_2009

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

It IS deadly. We know this. ~6-7% mortality rate which is MUCH higher than seasonal flu.

It's not like seasonal where the worst cases develop pneumonia, or other severe secondary infections, and die.

It's the immune system's over-response to this strain of virus that causes excessive inflammation which leads to death.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I, as some others here, fail to be drawn into this panic....

I know there are a lot of deaths in Mexico, but how many have actually been confirmed as being directly caused by this flu?

WHO say there are only "been seven laboratory-confirmed swine flu deaths, all in Mexico, from 79 confirmed cases around the world."
W.H.O.

So, this just doesn't add up. We are panicking over these figures?

If you are paranoid, like most of us on this site, then you may think, W.H.O. are lying....WHY ? They have no obvious agenda.

Then it begs the question......What is killing all these people in Mexico ????

[edit on 29-4-2009 by celticniall]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by celticniall

Or the WHO is just late in the game or the website is not updated... They are about to turn to Pandemic Level 5 and they'll still say there's only 7 deads?

Either they are hyping it for political reasons or they are hiding the true numbers of deads, because no way they would have risen the pandemic level to 4 already if it wasn't for something.

- Political (control, fear, distraction, NAU, World government, economy)
- Real threat (high death ratio, under reported numbers)

For now, it looks like the political motive.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo
[morei

I repeat, our kids in NZ are ok to date and a top virus scientist has just been on the news saying to take precautions, maybe it is not a pandemic, and he does not understand why Mexico City has been hit so hard, other than to say that stressed and overpopulated areas could be a reason.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I think it has risen to level 4 due to the speed and nature of the transmission of the virus, not because of anything else for the moment.

I still have seen nothing to tell me how this flu is actually killing people, all confirmed cases so far outside Mexico have had normal flu symptoms and have fully recovered, so this does not stack up.

Also, the political agenda, I do not buy into, as there is not evidence of NWO, NAU, OWG, etc. This is just Alex Jones fear-mongering again! (IMHO)

Finally, if W.H.O. were really in the political game, and controlled by the PTB, or who-ever, then why are they constantly working to eradicate viruses and diseases like SmallPox, etc? Would it not make more sense to keep these diseases around so the big pharma companies can make quadrillions on the medicines??

Apologies for the side-track....

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I think an important note to remember that happened in the "Spanish flu" Was that the 1st wave of the flu was mild, It was the secondary wave that caused the millions of deaths,

which is why it is best to be on top of the ball a bit with this one.

This could be just the 1st wave for us, Hopefully it will stay at that.

top topics

<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join