It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 122
<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Martial law is probably in some way already in america. Thats why california declared state of emergency just so the government can do what they really want.

Levels 5 and 6 will just be more in your face, and yes maybe forced vaccinations, if it does go bad.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
250 children being supplied with anti-flu drugs, 12 year old girl been in contact with at least 50 people.

UK emergency adverts are to start tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The official number of infected people in Mexico is certainly underreported, because it is statistically impossible that only 2.600 people are infected (0,0024% of the population), or 1 in every 45.000, because, based on these figures, in an airplane with around 400 passengers, the chance of having an infected person is around 1 in a hundred. So, how could so many people have transmitted the disease all around the world, giving these minimal propabilities?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
My frind just come back from Newark to Leeds (UK) and said he saw a huge number of Police vehicles, he drives that route a lot and said something was going down, at a guess he said 20-30 Police vehicles within a 5 mile stretch of the A1. Are they getting ready to contain the threat in the UK?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by observer

Originally posted by skitzspiricy

Originally posted by IamNow
reply to post by captiva

Yea I'm with you on this one, 36.000 people die a year from garden flu, why no "Breaking News" on that one. Something isn't right and I don't see the need for all this panic.

There's either an ultria motive or we are not being told the full story in regards to spread and deaths.

To add to this I am worried because I feel we are not being told everything (which could be partially good, seeing how humans like to run wild with panic). What causes alarm for me even more, however, is something I heard Sec. Nepolitano (DHS, U.S.) say last night... that being that "35,000 people die from regular flu in the U.S. every year... and this is not regular flu." So what? This is gonna be a lot worse? I don't like being in the dark!

Everyone be safe and cautious but DON'T PANIC [Douglas Adams]

Obs out

I am a little concerned or more overly concerned with what this virus, can represent. Not just the symptoms, but what it can cause between the people of the World. Close borders, effect the economy, perhaps even bloody wars. Not to mention you have to deal with the virus itself as well. Seriously that what I am watching most of all. It can lead to instability. Look at how we are reacting now, and quite frankly its not really that deadly as of yet. Again, it is providing unconventional and unpredictable actions from us. Not to mention if they do raise the alarm, marshal law? THAT WONT BE GOOD. Good excuse for the government to get all into your business, find out everything about you. Hope everyone paid their taxes..
Keep doing what your doing, stay informed. If the story starts heading into that direction, proceed to position yourself ahead of the eight ball. Thats all I have to say about that..

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Well, the government is very audacious and brutally honest to declare emergency meetings have arranged plans to limit and restrict mass civilian congregation.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
fox news live,General says that ''sealing the border would have cost the economy astranomicly''

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

Well I was able to order from amazon, just not the ones that I wanted. So I'll check out Ebay also.. Can't have to many masks I guess. The day the story broke about the flu I went out and got a couple bottles of the sanitizer and water purification tablets. I know that this may not be as serious as the news claims, but I have a little one to worry about and I really cant throw the dice on the table with this situation. I'm trying not to bring him to any populated areas like stores with carts or ordering food from anywhere. I don't see it as being scared. I would say I'm more paranoid then anything. But, thats nothing new for me so.. Better safe then sorry.. I live by that, pandemic or not.

link   
If level 6 did mean forced vaccinations or whatever then maybe those who refuse will be forced into those alleged FEMA camps?

The death toll seems to keep rising from this thing each day in Mexico, but i reckon its probably more than they say it is.

link   
reply to post by IamNow

Trident missile or weaponry being transported through the country I believe. Nothing related to this.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Exactly £££$$$$ is what everything is about. If they had sealed all borders worldwide immediatley there would be very limited spread. But obviously the PTB are not going to do this due to £$.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
www.cdc.gov...

I always check this site through the winter months.
The CDC has changed it.
Now it says 'seasonal flu' update instead of just flu.

Just FYI .... it's a good site to check every so often.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Funny how swine flu comes out in Hayfever season

Swine Flu: Armagedon or Hay Fever with an Attitude?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
First to answer some folks here who think this is all a load of crap and that we are all over exagerating.

1) Regular flu does not kill young healthy adults.

2) Regular Flu does kill thousands each year but never this many at this time of year in Mexico.

3) Regular flu does not spread around the world this quickly and as we have seen with this first death, kill people.

4) If this wasn't any real big deal the WHO and others would not be all hands on deck right now because the last thing the world economy needs right now is a pandemic scare.

Just because their is only two people infected in Scotland does not mean that people should not be concerned. In fact I could give a rats about Scotland because hundreds are dying right now in Mexico.

Could this die out, maybe. But one thing history has shown us is Flu's mutate and get stronger, the only thing that always seems to save us is the bridge that connects the Flu from animal to us, and then us to each other. Well this new flu has both...already.

It may not happen now or even months from now, but you have a potential virus that has the ability to kill and infected multiple species. It can move into every species its gets its hands on and become more deadly. Since it already has that all important bridge to us its only a matter of time before it becomes something truly deadly. It's a numbers game vs probability and when you have the numbers the probability becomes more real.

You can't kill every single species like you could with bird flu. So excuse me if I'm a little concerned.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by AllexxisF1]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by IamNow

Thats been freaking me out to. My son has really bad allergies and its been freaking me out. Every time he sneezes or coughs I am feeling his head to make sure there is no fever.. Scary.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
New Zealand has confirmed more swine flu cases and Australia has toughened rules so authorities can detain people suspected of being infected.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

In fact I could give a rats about Scotland because hundreds are dying right now in Mexico.

Oh how nice, I will remember the comment you have just posted, if anyone near you catches this flu, and dies. Complete ignoramise that is what you are.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Laurauk]

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
Australia has toughened rules so authorities can detain people suspected of being infected.

A little extreme? A very presumptuous decision. Made the situation is human-to-human transmission and the infection is getting difficult to apprehend.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
#BULLETIN -- EUROPEAN UNION COMMISSION CONSIDERING TO CANCEL ALL FLIGHTS TO MEXICO.
6 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Its very odd how MSN had a red banner breaking news alert of the first death.............and now its gone??? Before everyone gets to work to see on there computer??? Its called the panic shut off button........

Also in the MSN report from CDC they admit no vaccine but may have the key junk to produce a vaccine in early may.........

The world has no vaccine to prevent infection but U.S. health officials aim to have a key ingredient for one ready in early May, the big step that vaccine manufacturers are awaiting.

And I really like the part about initial testing..........Baxters track record is excellent

But even if the World Health Organization ordered up emergency vaccine supplies — and that decision hasn't been made yet — it would take at least two more months to produce the initial shots needed for human safety testing.

Get ready is all I can say...........

top topics

<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join