It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 121
<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Department of Health news conference (UK) any moment soon, statement to Parliament due to later on.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Every year world wide the flu kills many many people. It does this because it mutates from the previous infection.

This flu is no diffirent from any that have gone before. people will die, but this insane fear mongering by the PTB and the media is for a reason.

2 year olds have died before, there have been high outbreak flu infections before. DONT join this crazy rolling stone of panic that is being set up by people who should know better.

I repeat, this is no diffrent from anything that we have had before. Its a diffirent strain, a new combination and will kill. There are only 2...I REPEAT 2 cases in Scotland that are confirmed at this moment in time.

There are various colds, sniffles and seasonal virus infections all over scotland. If everyone of those create a suspected then the media are gonna have a field day and for what?

My whole family must have it, we have had cold symptoms on and off for a month now.

As far as this outbreak is concerned, fear creates fear, fear creates the opportunity for us to loose freedoms, fear creates the opportunity for a lot of people to make a lot of money from this whole situation

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

LIVE STREAM - OMABA DISCUSSING FLU

He's now back to discussing Spector.

He mentioned he will update us periodically about the flu.

Everything else you have been hearing or have already heard via online or MSM.

Press conference has now concluded

[edit on 4/29/2009 by BeyondPerception]

[edit on 4/29/2009 by BeyondPerception]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Department of health news conference on flu shortly on sky news shortly.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Yea I'm with you on this one, 36.000 people die a year from garden flu, why no "Breaking News" on that one. Something isn't right and I don't see the need for all this panic.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
c-span live, president just talked about the a/h1n1 and the federal response

www.c-span.org...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Just thought I would let everyone know that I just bought face masks on Amazon and they were sold out of most of the brands they carry on that site. If you plan on getting masks, you might want to do so now. I'm not trying to scare anyone, just giving you a heads up.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I've just had an interesting chat with a colleague of mine. Apparently my colleague's spouse works in a facility in the UK which is apparently one of 2 facilities that have been producing a vaccine for H1N1 for over a year. I checked that this colleague did not mean Tamiflu, but apparently it's definitely H1N1 vaccine that's been in production here in the UK for over a year. I can't say how accurate this is but I thought it was worth mentioning on here.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamNow
reply to post by captiva

Yea I'm with you on this one, 36.000 people die a year from garden flu, why no "Breaking News" on that one. Something isn't right and I don't see the need for all this panic.

There's either an ultria motive or we are not being told the full story in regards to spread and deaths.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
Every year world wide the flu kills many many people. It does this because it mutates from the previous infection.

This flu is no diffirent from any that have gone before. people will die, but this insane fear mongering by the PTB and the media is for a reason.

2 year olds have died before, there have been high outbreak flu infections before. DONT join this crazy rolling stone of panic that is being set up by people who should know better.

I repeat, this is no diffrent from anything that we have had before. Its a diffirent strain, a new combination and will kill. There are only 2...I REPEAT 2 cases in Scotland that are confirmed at this moment in time.

There are various colds, sniffles and seasonal virus infections all over scotland. If everyone of those create a suspected then the media are gonna have a field day and for what?

My whole family must have it, we have had cold symptoms on and off for a month now.

As far as this outbreak is concerned, fear creates fear, fear creates the opportunity for us to loose freedoms, fear creates the opportunity for a lot of people to make a lot of money from this whole situation

This is very true. Thanks for trying to bring some stability to the situation

link   
First death reported in the US....a 23 month old from Texas has died. Just saw this on CNN. I'll look for a link to confirm.

link   
reply to post by captiva

At the same time it would perhaps be a mistake to be complacent . It may well peter out but it may well go the 1918 pandemic route. There is a reason there are alarm bells ringing and these can be listened to without getting totally freaked out about it all day in day out. The WHO don't go raising global pandemic alerts without just cause and you don't see the CDC breifings and all the rest of it going on over some harmless virus. A little dose of fear can be just the thing to get people to move their butts - it's moving mine for sure and I'd rather be sat here stocked up than not stocked up IF it did go big. At the same time I'm starting to feel calmer , so there is a balance to be aimed for here.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

reply to post by captiva

because this virus is more virulent and also more lethal, it attacks mainly healthy people and it has all characteristics of going pandemic (global scale). You can be infected and then it takes 5-7 days before you show any symptoms and get really sick, by that time you have infected maybe hundreds of people depending on where you live and your movements.

your 36.000 can easily become 36 million if this a/h1n1 is not contained. period.

[edit on 2009/4/29 by reugen]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by nosce te ipsum

We've had i t reported and linked.... probably an hour ago.

Thanks though.

[edit on 29/4/09 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
FIrst death in US.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Well, as I assumed, after a fatality, very sad and my heart goes out to the parents of that lil baby, ahem, we are now getting high powered about this now. I just hope people listen to Obama, if your sick, stay home folks. As long as people continue to down play this, and call people like me or others like me paranoid, and what not, this thing is going to spread without a fight. As well as my opinion is concerned I do not care what you think, I just hope perhaps I am maybe over reacting but again, whether it is agreed upon or not by all this is a virus, that is unknown, and can provide unknown circumstances as a result of that as well. This could perhaps spur economic, defense and social issues as well. It is going to be a complicated action that will unnervingly get strange reactions, whatever the reactions will be, they will be a result of something outside of Man's logical will.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

reply to post by captiva

I think the reason for this panic is quite clear. While they haven't yet seen high mortality rates, I think the apparent ease of transmission and speed of the spread is quite alarming. Couple that with the fact that there is no current vaccine. As everyone knows, viruses mutate quite rapidly. The way this bug is rushing around the world, there is a very real danger that it could become much more deadly. Just because the sky isn't falling right this second, doesn't mean that it won't. There is nothing wrong with being informed and prepared, because those two things just might save your life.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD
Just thought I would let everyone know that I just bought face masks on Amazon and they were sold out of most of the brands they carry on that site. If you plan on getting masks, you might want to do so now. I'm not trying to scare anyone, just giving you a heads up.

Check eBay. That's where I bought mine.

A question about gloves, since so many people are mentioning those as well. What good could they possibly do? If the virus enters through fluid transfers (even if in micro-drop form through the air), what purpose would a glove serve? The danger is, touching something or someone infected, then touching your face. You could, and probably would, do the same thing with the gloves and still get infected. I'm sticking with the hand sanitizer and skipping the gloves unless someone can point out what I might be missing.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Phase 5.....

a pandemic is imminent and that the time to finalize the organization, communication, and implementation of the planned mitigation measures is short.

Do we know what these measures are?

I have read a few posts that Level 6 will lead to martial law and forced vaccination.

Any truth in this? any links?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy

reply to post by captiva

There's either an ultria motive or we are not being told the full story in regards to spread and deaths.

To add to this I am worried because I feel we are not being told everything (which could be partially good, seeing how humans like to run wild with panic). What causes alarm for me even more, however, is something I heard Sec. Nepolitano (DHS, U.S.) say last night... that being that "35,000 people die from regular flu in the U.S. every year... and this is not regular flu." So what? This is gonna be a lot worse? I don't like being in the dark!

Everyone be safe and cautious but DON'T PANIC [Douglas Adams]

Obs out

new topics

top topics

<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join