It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 118
<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I have followed this closely due to being close to where the 2 confirmed are in Monklands Hospital.

This is my opinion based on what Ive seen, read and from contacts who are involved.

When will people realise that this is all based on making money. Flu is a killer, always has been. All Ive seen are media outletts making huge false claims that are shot down. They have lied about deaths, about numbers and about who said who to who.

The 23 suspected in Scotland were broadcast as 23 in total from the UK (Midlands included). I know for a fact their are only 2 confirmed cases in Scotland and none of the others are infected at this time.

When was the last time someone in Authority actually stated the figures world wide without changing that info later. Its the flu, it kills, dont get sucked into this hype and scaremongering.

respects

[edit on 29-4-2009 by captiva]

[edit on 29-4-2009 by captiva]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

where abouts you stay?

i have family in coatbridge and they have been keeping their kids off school this week to see how things blow over.

i stay a bit further away but still commute to glasgow every day and it seems like evryone else is oblivious to whats going on!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
the statistics are so unreliable because the affects of the swine flu at the current time are much the same as influenza A. theres only 26 confirmed deaths from the flu and 160 suspected. i know it doesn't sound like much but it is very contagious by the looks of it and could very well mutate into something much more dangerous. at the moment there is too much hype about it. and it seems not very dangerous but it seems most biologists etc around the world seem scared. maybe because it will almost definately mutate or because its quite like the spanish flu. it is a descendant of the spanish flu. which pigs caught and have kept over the last century which has mutated.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by colbycheese3]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Hey, i didnt read all the pages here but i would like to report something that happened last monday here in Geneva - Switzerland.

Last monday at around 18:00 a package containing the swine flu samples exploded in a intercity train wagon filled with passangers.
They said there is no dangers to those in contact with the swine flu virus presented in the situation as it belong to a category (B-3373) without danger........
Geneva has the Flu National Center and the only level 4 (P4D) high security laboratory of the country.

No news about any confirmed case of swine flu from this case.
Ill let you know if something new appears.

Sorry if this has already been posted.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
The news seems to have slowed down doesn't it. I went on google news and there aren't so many new stories...up until yesterday they were coming through every few minutes with updates. Twitter is quiet too . All that talk yesterday of going to phase 5 and awaiting confirmation of H2H in the States and today very little except alot of contradictions in figures.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Mayor of New York confirmed human-to-human transmission and Australia has excess of 100 case.

Germany has confirmed three cases today as well. The UK government will be sending us all leaflets, so they're not worried then

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
40 possible cases in the UK

2009 Flu outbreak in the United Kingdom

Second couple in Scotland being tested.

LONDON (AFP) — A second newlywed couple in Scotland is being tested for swine flu after returning from their honeymoon in Mexico, the Daily Record newspaper reported on Wednesday.
The pair -- named as Pete and Jenny Marshall -- were told to stay in their home in Edinburgh, along with a friend who was house-sitting for them, for five days until test results were received after returning to the country last week

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

AFP

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Flu outbreak in Scotland.

BBC reporting more cases throughout Scotland. Scottish government said "families should prepare"

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   

THE number of people affected by the swine flu outbreak in Scotland began to spiral last night, as it emerged that nine of those who had come into contact with the couple infected while on honeymoon in Mexico were showing symptoms.

The news came as the country's chief scientist warned Scotland faced a battle against the outbreak.

Health secretary Nicola Sturgeon revealed 23 possible cases of swine flu were being investigated in Scotland, in addition to the two confirmed cases. The number is expected to rise.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The Scotsman

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Pandemic "Healthcare" - Harborview Medical Symposium

This is a lecture on how hospitals will treat the dying from a massive outbreak/pandemic. It says who will live, who will die (babies/elderly) and how gracious the environment will be. NOT! Pay close attention to the first speaker.

CCC Media

Just watching this talk now... very interesting in the current pandemic.

Click on the link and on the left is a menu.

Click 'Infosphere'

scroll down the movies to Pandemic "Healthcare" - Harborview Medical Symposium

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
*sighs*

A 23 month old child has died in Texas of Swine Flu. Official has confirmed it

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

That's terrible.... any links?

So will this now lead to a level 5 ?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

OMG

UK Gov has put in order for face masks, erms were they not supposed to have all of this already????

So much for them being prepared!

Think they need to get thier fingers out of thier backsides, especially for the front line staff, who are going to face the brunt of this, if this spreads across the UK.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by muddyhoop

Reuters is breaking the news: BBC, SKYNews, France 24 too confirm the death of the two year old.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
UK Gov has put in order for face masks, erms were they not supposed to have all of this already????

Unless you work in the healthcare or residential care sector, you will not receive a mask.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by muddyhoop

That's terrible.... any links?

So will this now lead to a level 5 ?

Alertnet:

US has first death from swine flu -govt official

www.alertnet.org...

There's no story to go with it Alertnet is stuff as it comes to hand.

link   

Thanks...think I better switch on my Tell-Lie-Vision!

link   
reply to post by muddyhoop

It's all over the news now.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
A Doctor on Sky news are saying not to buy masks or surgical masks, they wont last long or will not stop, you from being infected. Buying them would give you a false sense of security.

Unless you work in the healthcare or residential care sector, you will not receive a mask.

That is why they are putting in this order for the masks? Do they not have enough to cover the front line staff who will face the brunt of this.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
7 of the people who came into contact with the Scottish couple, do NOT have the virus

top topics

<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join