It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waterboard TORTURE on Video (must watch)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I just saw a news video of a naked guy being tasered by the police.

zOmg, lulz, wth, someone call the ACLU, Team Obama, and Nancy Pelosi concerning this outrageous display of inhumane "torture."

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Without a doubt, this is torture no matter how clean the procedure looks (no blood). The test subject said he pronounced the RED word but none verbally came out as video proved.

United States has perpetrated most crimes against humanity in this 21st century. It's only a matter of time when the guardians (angels) will deliver retribution either using natural disaster or man-made war.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by InternalClock
Hi all, first post here.. very nice website.

Anyways, yeah.. this waterboarding stuff is terrible. I just don't see how this would bring out anything out of anyone... as another poster here said, these tortured people would say anything to get out of it.. Probably would say exactly what they are told to say, then on to conviction proceedings, without any adequate legal defense...

I don't now, was this really necessary?..Aren't there any other less-brutal methods?

IC

Sure there are other methods. What about infiltrating the enemy. Bribery. Payoffs. Surveillance. Wiretapping. Eavesdropping. Spying stuff.

Torture is for intimidation, not for information.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by InternalClock
Hi all, first post here.. very nice website.

Anyways, yeah.. this waterboarding stuff is terrible. I just don't see how this would bring out anything out of anyone... as another poster here said, these tortured people would say anything to get out of it.. Probably would say exactly what they are told to say, then on to conviction proceedings, without any adequate legal defense...

I don't now, was this really necessary?..Aren't there any other less-brutal methods?

IC

waterboarding was used on a select few who were KNOWN to be higher up in the various terrorist organizations who had direct intelligence knowledge about future terrorist attacks. There were several planned attacks that were thwarted because of it.

And if you wonder how I know, it's because I was an intelligence analyst at GTMO, and almost all of the crap you've heard in the media is just plain B.S.

Of course some might think that giving the terrorists pizza and mcdonald's to get them to talk is torture too....

well you'd have to because most of the detainees were only offered food where the bosses couldn't see them eat it to get them to talk.

Jaden

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

You recognize "torture" when ya see it, huh?
Can you likewise recognize terrorism when you see it?
How about media bias?
How about political witch hunts?

FYI: Consider the ultimate outcomes of the last two presidents to mess with the CIA...Kennedy and Nixon.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

WOw MSNBC yeah no propganda pushing there either lol like some one else allready said cops can electricut people with a tazer for damn near nothing.

how would you go about intergating a Terroist if it was your family in danger, Please mr terroist tell me your evil plan? These men do what you wouldn't have the stomach to do unless it directly effected your comfortable Life! It Water being poored on his damn Head, it is not near drowning near drowning is forcfully pushing some ones head under water then pulling them out with just enough time to get a breath and dunking them agian.

I am sure that Catipiler was so painfull to to, these ANIMALS are not protected by the geniva convention. You know what I would consider Torture Constant Fear that Some Islamic Nut is going to walk in to a coffie shop or other place with a bomb. Thankfully we have not gotten to that point yet!

the fact is the reporter in the video went in with the opinion that this was torture and he got the results he wanted, obviously the terorist held out and resisisted for longer then 7 seconds!

What was done at gitmo is nothing near what other countries do to people, my bet is that young liberal reporter in Iran is right now wishing she was in gitmo geting waterboarded cause I am willing to bet she is being Raped and beaten on a daily bases!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Verd_Vhett
this guy is a left winger he obviously has his own agenda! This is propaganda, why not post the video of the guy from FOX that went through with it, oh that's right because does not support the same propaganda.

9/11 was torture, people choosing between burning alive and jumping to there death was torture, people waiting and hoping for survivors was torture, watching our country come together only to be torn apart by politics was torture.

this is NOT near DROWNING and NO point are you near death!

If you want to support terrorist take up their cause strap some c4 to your chest and kill Americans!

This isn't about political affiliations. It is however about the morality of torture.

Torture isn't even reliable, remember learning about the Salem witch trials at school? People will say anything if you "Interrogate" them long enough. Have we not learned or do we get some sort of sick pleasure in harming those who have harmed us?

I thought we were morally superior to them, I guess I was wrong. Are we going to allow are selves to stoop down to their level? If this is were America is headed I want off the train.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Anubis_4400]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Anubis_4400

Some perspective on witch-hunts....

Enjoy!!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by epete22

This could be bigger than his freedom concerts. He could be bigger than Houdini.

This was posted by the future owner of the Waterboard bar and grill. My waitstaff will be attired in camo with ninja masks to conceal their identity. I will offer daily specials for those patrons who can beat the current waterboarding record.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden

Originally posted by Seany
This journalist is asked and accepted to see what Waterboarding feels like.

Remember that this is used on people for periods of time of 20 to 40 secs on

and off . For hours , ........ now imagine if you had no safety words or signals.

Some people defend this and say it is NOT TORTURE. YOU BE THE JUDGE. REMEMBER THIS GUY HAD 2 SAFETY OUTS TO STOP

This video added in a post by Anubis_4400 please star him for this find, I had to add it to OP as it says my stance to a 'T"

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Seany]

Jaden

Wow that's completly changed my mind, I see every point you're try to make.....Oh wait you're not making any, You're merely insulting people.

Who gives a Damn about morals! Lets bomb the whole middle east to prove were super duper tough. Maybe that isn't enough lets bomb Russia, After all we do have a score to settle.

What century Am I living in?

Thanks for helping to complete the De-moralization of our society.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Drowning is such a horrible way to die, and the reason they do this, is that your life flashes in front of your eyes, and like in the vid, he says its like your brain tells waht is going to happen. It is just torture, and the people they used are probably nobodies who idd nothing, but may have some of gift, that the americans wanted to use.

Waterboarding is torture, and it is grusome that hmans would ever do this to anyone.

These SOB's and others like them have killed with no regard for the sactity of human life. If waterboarding is an issue then you and the others on this post probably won't like my reply.
Sledge hammer to the kneecaps, bamboo under the fingernails, hell use a blow torch and bottles of lemon juice on the bastards.
Their mindset doesn't understand strength through peace.
They see peace as WEAKNESS. And they exploit it.
Treat these killer-scum like animals and you will actually see a more favorable outcome.
I personnaly saw this in Gulf War 1 and in Gulf War 2 (the sequel)
These bastards wouldn't hesitate to kill you or your entire family for nothing more than going to church on a sunday. Don't give in to these liberal peace sissies who think for an instant that they'd leave us alone.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
This is wrong and sick. This is torture. Just remember the guy in the OP's video knew what was gonna happen knew how to get outta it AND his body position was not the correct one. He was supposed to be sitting inclined with the head down , thing which makes the whole torture even more intense , and yet he lasted what? 7 seconds ? Imagine 40 seconds of that for the whole day with small breaks between . If that isn't torture than i dunno what is torture anymore.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Fatality]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fatality
This is wrong and sick. This is torture. Just remember the guy in the OP's video knew what was gonna happen knew how to get outta it AND his body position was not the correct one. He was supposed to be sitting inclined with the head down , thing which makes the whole torture even more intense , and yet he lasted what? 7 seconds ? Imagine 40 seconds of that for the whole day with small breaks between . If that isn't torture than i dunno what is torture anymore.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Fatality]

Get over it.
They are the enemy!
Have we gotten so damn soft that we would let the enemy get away with actual murder because we are too soft to do whatever is necesarry to get information?
C'mon! Where is your backbone? These people would kill a woman just because she showed her ankles! And you think it's MORAL or JUST to not treat them as animals?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
So a bunch of spoiled, daily 9 to 5 folks like us on this online message board are really trying to question the interrogation techniques of the US government?

I'M SICK OF THIS BULL#.

This pathetic little "experiment" with with Joe Bloe is flawed more ways than I can count on two hands.

We're dealing with radical terrorists here people. If they are willing to fly themselves into buildings and kill themselves all in the name of whatever it is they believe in, this is the type of thing it takes to get them to talk. Just because "Mr. About To Pee My Pants" can't last 7 seconds doesn't mean this isn't an efficient interrogation technique used on terrorists.

No one here on ATS except maybe a few of us who have been in the military/combat can even understand the state of mind these criminals are in.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gdc934
So a bunch of spoiled, daily 9 to 5 folks like us on this online message board are really trying to question the interrogation techniques of the US government?

I'M SICK OF THIS BULL#.

This pathetic little "experiment" with with Joe Bloe is flawed more ways than I can count on two hands.

We're dealing with radical terrorists here people. If they are willing to fly themselves into buildings and kill themselves all in the name of whatever it is they believe in, this is the type of thing it takes to get them to talk. Just because "Mr. About To Pee My Pants" can't last 7 seconds doesn't mean this isn't an efficient interrogation technique used on terrorists.

No one here on ATS except maybe a few of us who have been in the military/combat can even understand the state of mind these criminals are in.

'Hooah' brother! It's probably been going on since long before Columbus crossed the ocean, people who aren't in the military or only get the idea of the military from MSM just don't/won't get it.
That's ok though. We will still fight for their rights to be as stupid as they want to be.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

mike....calm yourself.

You are letting rage and anger and retribution fantasies cloud your judgement.

I used to feel the same way...."IF I could get my hands on those 19 pieces of *snip*....I'd like to see revenge too".

However....lowering ourselves to that level of depravity is wrong.

YES!!! Emotion is strong!!! BUT, that is exactly the BS that drives these idiots to do what they do, and did!!!

Point of this is simple: Torture is done for only one reason....NOT to exact information, it is retribution...it is anger, it is 'pay-back'....AND, it is empty 'revenge'.

What sets a civilized society apart from these barbarians....yes, the ones who cut off the 'infadel's' heads, and other nasty examples....(they do WORSE to their own people....hence, the stupidity of religion, but that's ANOTHER thread....)

What sets a civilized society apart is....rule of law. Yes!!! Emotions!!!! I hate what they did!!!!!! Let's make them suffer, as others have suffered!!!@!!

It is a basic Human reaction....'eye-for-eye', and all that.

BUT, to extract actual usable intel, means you must follow a different path. It is the psychological route....FOOL them, pretend to be 'friendly'...it's a better variaton, more sophisticated really, of the old 'Good Cop/Bad Cop' routine.

THEN, after you've wrung every piece of info out of them....no....again, revenge is empty. It SOUNDS good....but, really....ultimately....tears at the soul.

Funny....I have NO religion, yet I can comprehend the way that a person's 'soul' could suffer, if one uses his/her positon of 'authority' in order to subjugate another..........

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I'M SICK OF THIS BULL#.

Yes its our right to decide how our government questions people. You should know that.

We all saw 9/11 we know who were dealing with. The point is we are supposed to set our self's to a higher standard than the terrorist. If we don't uphold our morals in our darkest hour what good are they? They want us to stoop to their level. They want to show the world they were right and we were wrong.

Of course you're sick of it because were right.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Anubis_4400]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

You can't even prove that they're criminals!

How long do we torture foreign detainees until we start torturing domestic prisoners? How long until we start torturing American civilians?

Give them trials, prove their guilt, and use methods of interrogation that don't violate the constitution. That is how we will become The Land of the Free again.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by mikerussellus

mike....calm yourself.

You are letting rage and anger and retribution fantasies cloud your judgement.

I used to feel the same way...."IF I could get my hands on those 19 pieces of *snip*....I'd like to see revenge too".

However....lowering ourselves to that level of depravity is wrong.

YES!!! Emotion is strong!!! BUT, that is exactly the BS that drives these idiots to do what they do, and did!!!

Point of this is simple: Torture is done for only one reason....NOT to exact information, it is retribution...it is anger, it is 'pay-back'....AND, it is empty 'revenge'.

What sets a civilized society apart from these barbarians....yes, the ones who cut off the 'infadel's' heads, and other nasty examples....(they do WORSE to their own people....hence, the stupidity of religion, but that's ANOTHER thread....)

What sets a civilized society apart is....rule of law. Yes!!! Emotions!!!! I hate what they did!!!!!! Let's make them suffer, as others have suffered!!!@!!

It is a basic Human reaction....'eye-for-eye', and all that.

BUT, to extract actual usable intel, means you must follow a different path. It is the psychological route....FOOL them, pretend to be 'friendly'...it's a better variaton, more sophisticated really, of the old 'Good Cop/Bad Cop' routine.

THEN, after you've wrung every piece of info out of them....no....again, revenge is empty. It SOUNDS good....but, really....ultimately....tears at the soul.

Funny....I have NO religion, yet I can comprehend the way that a person's 'soul' could suffer, if one uses his/her positon of 'authority' in order to subjugate another..........

There is no rage involved. You can't 'fool' them, uh. . . been there done that. Even before all of this Gulf nonsense I lived overseas for quite some time. I learned about the middle-east 'mindset' after the Irani overthrow of the Shaw.
You said it, civilized society. WE operate under one set of rules THEY operate under another set. It's foolish to think that we could bring them 'up' to our moral standards.
In order to get an idea across to them, we have to sink to their level.
THAT is something they do understand.

You can't talk to them. You can't share a cigarette and swap stories and relate. There is no common ground. The only way we have to communicate on any basic lavel, is to sink to theirs.
They are not as 'civilized' as us. (that being up for interpretation)
It's not anger that drives 'torture' but practicality.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Seany

We are the good guys...

Power corrupts many people. I am sure many of us (really speaking for myself) have had power before, and used it to gain the upper hand...even if it did not require "torture".

I am not justifying torture now, because after the video, my view on this has changed to the fact that it is wrong.

Back to what you said about us being the good guys. Maybe in a perfect world, good guys will win, go to heaven, and the bad guys the opposite. But many do not see it that way.

They see it like this. We let these "bad guys" go and they will kill us. Sometimes you will make a decision and feel that the outcome could have been better...if that, if this. In the end though, you might have made the best possible solution. Or the worst. Ya just do not know.

There is a process of applying the word hypocritical to an opposing debate to make the weight of it much less. Such as this.

"Do not kill, but we will kill the bad guys", or however you wish to word it. There is nothing wrong when one does a certain action over the other for the greater good, and at the time, the security of the U.S was deemed as the greater good, rather than principle.

I do not support water boarding (after seeing this video). But I do support the least brutal activity in order to get information out of terrorist leaders over my first statement of this paragraph.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join