It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waterboard TORTURE on Video (must watch)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
This journalist is asked and accepted to see what Waterboarding feels like.

Remember that this is used on people for periods of time of 20 to 40 secs on

and off . For hours , ........ now imagine if you had no safety words or signals.

Some people defend this and say it is NOT TORTURE. YOU BE THE JUDGE. REMEMBER THIS GUY HAD 2 SAFETY OUTS TO STOP

This video added in a post by Anubis_4400 please star him for this find, I had to add it to OP as it says my stance to a 'T"

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Seany]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Seany

For anyone who says this is not torture, this poor guy lasted what 7 secs?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This guy knew up front what was going on and only lasted seven seconds? WOW.

I want to see Rush and Hannity get water boarded and see if they can go longer than the reporter's time. We could use this as a fund raiser.

GET WATERBOARDED FOR CHARITY!!

This could be much bigger than mechanical bulls in bars to prove your machoness.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
IF I said what I am thinking I am so sure the big red T&C violation banner would cover the post!

If we first realize they were treating this guy with kid gloves, the reality of what prisoners go through I am sure is far worse! The man now is experiencing what sounds like PTSD, from a few seconds! This is the most sadistic crap I have ever seen and I am so embarrassed that my home nation is the one that has been doing this. Obama has done many things that have disappointed me but making good on ending torture is one that I am pleased with.

Hey, lets get the trial underway, put Bush and Cheney and Rumsfield on that plank and have at them. It is only fair for them to experience what they have forced on so many. I bet George would soil his underwear, and Cheney well, as sick a ticket as he is....he may just love it.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
If this is not torture, than I'm not sure what would qualify.

I know too well the state someone near drowning is in. This is pretty sick. We should try it on everybody who approved this kind of sick punishment.

Near-drowning is a awfull experience. To think than by using this you will get usefull info is absurd. They would say anything too get out of it.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by grandnic

There are a lot of people on this site saying this is not torture,

It looked like that guy , knowing he had 2 outs, thought it was

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seany

This journalist is asked and accepted to see what Waterboarding feels like.

Remember that this is used on people for periods of time of 20 to 40 secs on

and off . For hours , ........ now imagine if you had no safety words or signals.

Some people defend this and say it is NOT TORTURE. YOU BE THE JUDGE. REMEMBER THIS GUY HAD 2 SAFETY OUTS TO STOP

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Seany]

Not again. GOOD GOD PEOPLE, do you not understand they these terriost who are got and are held at GITMO are some pretty nasty dudes. And if you people woul dpay attention and not jump to conclusion you would have learned that Waterboarding was only used on only handful of top Alquida leaders.

Read this and see that in fact waterboarding was effective and helped save an LA building and more American lives. latimesblogs.latimes.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

If we dont hold ourselves to a higher standard than the terrorist .

then we are no better , if fact we are worse because we hold ourselves

to a higher standard

We are the GOOD GUYS .................remember.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

to a higher standard

Agreed, I think Shepard Smith said it best.

Warning: He uses strong language.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Anubis_4400]

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Anubis_4400]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Um...I will have to disagree with you. I think it's been proven that a lot of information that has been gained through torture is unreliable.

As the person being tortured will practically say that he/she is the Devil incarnate in order to make it stop.

Also, yes some of the detainees held at Guantanamo Bay are "nasty dudes", however a lot of the people being unlawfully detained as "enemy combatants" have done nothing wrong.

If you or anyone else were ever "waterboarded", you may change your tune about this abhorrent interrogation technique.

The ends justify the means, eh?

(I would also like to point out - Al-Qaeda.)

[edit on 24-4-2009 by kommunist]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
A better video (IMO) is the one at the following link.

link.brightcove.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

to a higher standard

I understand what you are saying, I truly do. But I hope that you understand the waterboarding of these leaders prevented another 9-11 attack on our soil. If the US had not used these enhanced tactics and not prevented this attack to LA, what would you have said?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
If the person is a terrorist; Lock them up and throw the key into the ocean.
If the person is a suspected terrorist; put them on trial prove their guilt then lock them up and throw the key into the ocean.

Anyone who really wants to "destroy" America isn't going to give up the real plans, he's going to lie to you, over and over and over until you are looking in every direction and are completely distracted for the next attack.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

There has to be a line............, I personally dont agree with Ann Coulture

she's a pox, so I guess I am allowed to STONE HER because she is a woman

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Drowning is such a horrible way to die, and the reason they do this, is that your life flashes in front of your eyes, and like in the vid, he says its like your brain tells waht is going to happen. It is just torture, and the people they used are probably nobodies who idd nothing, but may have some of gift, that the americans wanted to use.

Waterboarding is torture, and it is grusome that hmans would ever do this to anyone.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by kommunist

Um...I will have to disagree with you. I think it's been proven that a lot of information that has been gained through torture is unreliable.

As the person being tortured will practically say that he/she is the Devil incarnate in order to make it stop.

Also, yes some of the detainees held at Guantanamo Bay are "nasty dudes", however a lot of the people being unlawfully detained as "enemy combatants" have done nothing wrong.

If you or anyone else were ever "waterboarded", you may change your tune about this abhorrent interrogation technique.

The ends justify the means, eh?

(I would also like to point out - Al-Qaeda.)

[edit on 24-4-2009 by kommunist]

I have been water boarded. Nov 17, 2004 Q-course training. I was giving a number and told not to release it it was vital to goverment secuirty I lasted about a half an hour. I tried everything giving them false numbers, numbers close to the one I had. They would Collaborate it with the numbers that the other men had giving them( cause we all had the same number) In the end I folded and gave them the number they wanted. and all the tactics that are used by the CIA were used on me and other memebers trying to make it into SF.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

I guess we will never agree. You are not going to change my mind and I will not change any of yours.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Seany

Umm where did I say stoning Ann Coulter (or anyone was okay) Last time I checked Ann Coulter didnt coordinate attack plans to fly planes in to American Buildings?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Fair enough. We obviously have very different opinions on the subject.

Agree to disagree.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

The Ann Coulture example was just that, to show you where do we stop

Currently Texas is considering Succesion, The Actual Break Up Of The US

By your reasoning, we should gas them , It would Stop the break up of the US

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join