It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waterboard TORTURE on Video (must watch)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Anubis_4400

What? So you expect us to remain at a higher level of decency when we can learn information preventing future attacks on our homeland or troops fighting over seas?

My views are no more correct than yours regarding morales. We have our opinions.

But, the security of our troops and ourselves trumps the latter.

edit - As I said in another post. Whatever is needed to be done to help us OVERALL, both short term and long term is what I support. I just read an article www.salon.com...

and realized that these tactics might be going against us intelligence wise. The effectiveness of this method is questioning.

If it is not worth it, do not do it. If it is, do it.

I am not in the position to say whether or not there was any real information gained from all of this though.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by FritosBBQTwist]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

I dont agree my friend , you cant stoop to the level of the disease your are trying to get rid of

or else you become the disease

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
here is some more of there Handy work, operationmend.ucla.edu... I think we are still very far from being the monsters that these Religious Nuts are. Any american defending these guys is a sad excuse in my eyes.

if this is not enough look for the video of Nick berg being Beheaded by some camel jockies! then choose Water Boarding, Beheading or IED.

who is the Monster now you liberal nutters!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Verd_Vhett

[edit on 4/26/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seany
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

There has to be a line............, I personally dont agree with Ann Coulture

she's a pox, so I guess I am allowed to STONE HER because she is a woman

Are you sure about that?

I've seen photos... coulda sworn I saw an Adam's apple....

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
An interesting article or two about the 'effectiveness' of torture and the alleged valuable information it got us.

Does torture really work? Most intelligence experts say no.
Library Tower Plot was Foiled BEFORE KSM was Tortured

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I have mixed feelings on this subject.

If its a suspect with no evidence supporting that they're terrorists then no, torture should not be used.

But if its proven without a shadow of a doubt, that they're a terrorist, then I believe its the only thing they understand. They themselves would do the same if not worse.

Why should they be allowed protection. So they can kill at will, but then when they are caught, they can use human rights as their defence?

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Horus12]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

Yeah, thats torture, but hes not a terrorist ! Terrorists should not have any rights.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
I have been water boarded. Nov 17, 2004 Q-course training. I was giving a number and told not to release it it was vital to goverment secuirty I lasted about a half an hour. I tried everything giving them false numbers, numbers close to the one I had. They would Collaborate it with the numbers that the other men had giving them( cause we all had the same number) In the end I folded and gave them the number they wanted. and all the tactics that are used by the CIA were used on me and other memebers trying to make it into SF.

You've actually experienced it, would you classify it as torture?

*edit to add*

Originally posted by tattoo steve
reply to post by Seany

Yeah, thats torture, but hes not a terrorist ! Terrorists should not have any rights.

Just wait untill the Man calls YOU a terrorist then, as long as the newspaper says you're a terrorist, people like yourself would allready mentally have tortured you..

There are so many things to say against torture, and only one arguement in it's defense, with even that not being built on the firmest of foundations.. giving your consent that this is "normal" is a far greater threat to you and your familys then some nameless "threat' which allways looms but never seems to materialize.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Phatcat]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join