It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waterboard TORTURE on Video (must watch)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
*Removed needless quote of opening post*

Please do not just quote your opening post to have it on a page. It is at the beginning of the thread for everyone to read.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seany

Originally posted by Highground

Originally posted by cropmuncher
I wonder why they dont use sodium penthanol anymore. Surely that is less stressful and gets the same result, or is it that the guys inflicting the torture want to put the prisoners through some nasty crap just for kicks or because they believe they deserve it?
Even the fluffy way of extracting information through drugs is considered torture.

[edit on 24/4/09 by cropmuncher]

"Truth drugs" are considered torture in black and white under international law. What the US has done is not so black-and-white. To use Truth Drugs would have been to say, "F!(# it all! We do what we want!" and to use "enhanced interrogation techniques" is to say, "Well, we can probably get away with this."

Me personally, I would be ok with truth drugs,

And I would be okay with waterboarding. Your point?

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Highground]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Highground
Originally posted by cropmuncher
I wonder why they dont use sodium penthanol anymore. Surely that is less stressful and gets the same result, or is it that the guys inflicting the torture want to put the prisoners through some nasty crap just for kicks or because they believe they deserve it?
Even the fluffy way of extracting information through drugs is considered torture.

[edit on 24/4/09 by cropmuncher]

"

Me personally, I would be ok with truth drugs,

you would be okay with truth serum even though it is illegal but not waterboarding? please explain.

Mod edit: Fixed quote tags.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

give er a bump

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

poed....the "attack" on the library building in LA was NOT found out by water-boarding. This is a lie promoted by the Bushies..the 'plot' was discovered 6 months before 'water-boarding' was implemented. Look it up.

Meantime, chew on this:

....AND this.....

[edit on 4/24/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
*removed big quote of entire previous post*

excelent find those 2 video.s , not much can be said after that

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Why is it that using torture should not be done? Rest assured these people would torture you and me before they cut our head off on an islamic website. Why is it that you care that this was authorized?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

Why is it that using torture should not be done? Rest assured these people would torture you and me before they cut our head off on an islamic website. Why is it that you care that this was authorized?

because we hold ourselves to a higher standard, and about 10 more reasons already said in thread..... o ya , its a War Crime too

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

To answer your question, flap....what seanny said, AND torture DOES NOT provide accurate information....(Except on TV Shows...)

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Waterboarding, what were we thinking??? I mean come'on it's far worse then what those wacky fun loving islamic's do. I mean beheading a live person on camera? Burning their bodies an hanging them from light poles. It doesn't hold a candle to waterboarding someone or threaten to put them in an enclosed area with a made up dangerous bug. Curse those evil Americans(sarcasm).

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I do believe this video and what he was demonstrated to be waterboarding 101 lite, I do not believe the little empty milk jug thingy to be the dosage in a real situation, I think there have been demonstrations which actually show large volumes of water being used.

I watched an ex cia analyst on some show saying that this method of getting information is very flawed on many levels and most of the time it is false information.

I am against torture, and I would like to see punishments handed out the administration officials that approved this sort of thing to be used by the U.S. they sort of completely sidestepped the technicality of the Geneva convention because on one hand they wanted to call it a war but yet technically they say that these prisoners are not covered under the Geneva convention.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by phinubian]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
*removed quote of entire previous post*

This was just a demonstration, I read where they used urine and feces soaked rags, this guy just wanted to show the effects of waterboarding

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
This guy knew up front what was going on and only lasted seven seconds? WOW.

I want to see Rush and Hannity get water boarded and see if they can go longer than the reporter's time. We could use this as a fund raiser.

GET WATERBOARDED FOR CHARITY!!

This could be much bigger than mechanical bulls in bars to prove your machoness.

Hannity said he would do it for charity.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I have a uncle in the National Guard and the thing about torture is if you torture someone long enough they will say whatever you want them to say just to stop being tortured. Torture is not effective and should not be deemed legal as we should not allow ourselves to bring our moral standards to the level of our enemies. We should differ from our enemies. If we are to be better we must act that way even with how we treat who we hate. If they must be killed then so be it but torture is IMHO BS either way.

Torture is nothing more than a justification of someone that has power issues in many cases. I say if they know something, put a bullet in the knee. If afterward they don't talk kill them.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by epete22

I want to see Rush and Hannity get water boarded and see if they can go longer than the reporter's time. We could use this as a fund raiser.

This could be much bigger than mechanical bulls in bars to prove your machoness.

Hannity said he would do it for charity.

We have a bunch of Dungeon and Dragon warriors saying this isn't torture

Lot of Web warriors

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I have to ask....is EVERY waterboarding target given the metal rods to drop? I've seen two videos now, and both implemented the use of these. If no, then how would the guys know if their prisoner has died or passed out? A person who is drowning will violently flail about in an attempt to save his life, but if he is strapped in, how would they know he's actually near death and not just freaking out? My assumption is yes, they are given ways of communicating, and here's why I think that....

Perhaps the "torture" isn't as much as in the act itself, as it is in the fact that the prisoner must endure it over and over and over and over and over again...eventually, the prisoner will just get exhausted, and his body will be fatigued from the constant rush of adrenaline. Even though he knows he will not die from it, he cannot stop his body from reacting, and so he experiences it the same way every time. No one has died from it, that we know of, so it can be assumed that the guards were being responsible in the preservation of life. They would HAVE to be, if they honestly felt the prisoner had vital information to pass! People DESPERATELY need to be logical about this!

Is this a case of something, yet again, being blown up in the media for some other purpose? A smoke screen perhaps? All major networks have jumped on this like white on rice....that, in and of itself, should be a red flag, ESPECIALLY when politicians start weighing in! When will folks learn? They're pulling you...no, you're WILLINGLY following the carrot being dangled by a string, and you need to ask yourself "why are they focusing on this, and why am I going along with them?"

I don't condone torture, and this would stink for someone who is innocent. But at the same time, I don't see folks protesting to get innocent people in American prisons off of death row or out of prison. let alone protesting for the GOOD people in this nation who endure torturous abuse every day.

I just get really annoyed at the sudden moral backbone from people concerning our ENEMIES, yet they do nothing for the innocents in their own back yard....where's all this protest for the elderly in abusive nursing homes? Where's all the protest for the homeless and abused? It's a gross contradiction, in which the insanity lies in the fact that people now have more sympathy for the evil doers of the world, than they do the innocents. I think it is a matter of which "side" they view themselves to be on, and should be a wake up call if you find yourself sympathizing with evil, yet do nothing for the good, innocent neighbor that is suffering.

Assuming all these terrorists were guilty of the crimes in which they were arrested - horrible, ruthless, evil, rapist thugs, who would otherwise saw your head off in front of a video camera if the shoe was on the other foot, and plaster it all over youtube....then drag your body through the street, celebrating as if it's a Pinata, allowing the locals to defame your corpse even more with hideous laughter as they procede to light your body on fire...meanwhile, your family will have the pleasure of seeing how you died on international television and/or youtube, over and over again, never escaping the nightmare you endured - assuming they are true terrorists, then I think we are still the good guys, because we've NEVER come close to what they have done, and what they STILL continue to do. We have NEVER stooped to that level! We are still abiding by the rules WE made, yet they do not. Where's the protest in that, I ask??

How UN-American of me to think that we still have good guys on our side!

Sorry, but I firmly believe that these same prisoners will be the very ones to live to fight another day, and fight they will.....much to the mourning and tragic loss of American citizens, yet again, if our defenses will continually be left to the wimpy, evil-sympathizers who have never even laced up a boot, much less spent even a day doing the dirty work that others have done for them. Regardless of the political issues under why the war started, our good men and women still have an honest battle against genuine evil that they see on a daily basis overseas. Forget politicians, oil, and money....there is evil in the world, and our troops are fighting it, whether people want to see it or not....it's NOT a figment of their imagination!

I don't have all the answers as to HOW I would make the difficult decisions, and I would venture to think that if you held the safety of the nation on your shoulders, neither would you. But I know, that if it meant hundreds of thousands of innocent American lives being lost, you would most likely choose the lesser of the evils to extract whatever intelligence you could from that prisoner, in order to save and preserve what you love most. I highly doubt that if that prisoner had personally murdered your family, you would have an easy time of being merciful. But this is a case of "it doesn't affect me", so "let the poor, tortured guy go".....and go he will, right back to home base to plan another attack.

Have we, as a nation, become such intellectually-devoid wimps, that we can't empathize with the very people who must PERFORM these tasks in order to SAVE OUR HIDES, and in turn, sympathize with the criminals who rejoiced when they achieved their goal on 9-11? Forget who hired them, forget who paid them....they are still evil, who believe WE are the infidels, and that Allah has instructed them to rage a jihad until each and every "infidel's" blood is running in the street. They will not be reasoned with...period! People are so terrified of neo-cons in the US, but these guys put neo-cons to shame. Don't people understand that they are using Allah as a means to not only justify, but to carry out brutal acts of genocide? That's exactly what they are trying to do, and we are the targets!

You sympathize for people who want you dead. What part about that do you not understand? Yet, somehow, our men and women still manage to overwhelmingly take the high road [excluding the few whacky apples in the bunch who always get plastered on the evening news, spoiling the good of the whole bunch], and play by a standard of rules so far above that of their enemies, that it would seem almost impossible a task to complete. Perhaps this is why we still haven't won the war, because arm-chair activists bind and gag them at every turn. WAKE UP!!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Seany

For anyone who says this is not torture, this poor guy lasted what 7 secs?

Yet, two of our Top Tier Terrorist detainees lasted for over 100 such procedures. What does that tell you about their resolve, as opposed to the everyday common man?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

reply to post by Seany

For anyone who says this is not torture, this poor guy lasted what 7 secs?

Yet, two of our Top Tier Terrorist detainees lasted for over 100 such procedures. What does that tell you about their resolve, as opposed to the everyday common man?

Did you ever think that they had nothing to say??

Nothing to confess to ??

So with nothing to devulge, the torture continued, and those poor bastards weren't given metal rods to drop, HENCE its called TORTURE

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

We have a bunch of Dungeon and Dragon warriors saying this isn't torture

Lot of Web warriors

Yet not a single Vet of OIF/OEF that I know, has ever declared it to be "Torture", and in fact, most of them wish they could do more. Are they simply "Web Warriors"?

Stop tying our Service Members hands behind their backs through your political distaste, and ill resolve.

[edit on 4-24-2009 by TheAgentNineteen]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

We could use this as a fund raiser.

I bet Budweiser would jump all over it for sponsorship 2!

Thanx 4 posting. People need to be exposed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join