It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Black President Grovels To Virulently Racist Royal Family

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osmoses
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

The treaty of Ghent has 892 pages? Now, are you absolutely sure about that? I fear you are exaggerating somewhat. . . .

Yep it sure is, good read too.

You know those bailout bills they are always about a 1000 pages long!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Could you provide a primary source for this 'elongated' treaty then?

2nd line for anti-Laconians

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
I know quite a bit more about HRH than I should by virtue of shall we say my former employment. Something that was never made public was his involvement with a high class call girl who was murdered some years ago.

Yeah I believe ya'! I can’t think of any reason someone might make something like that up.

reply to post by TrueBrit

Speak for yourself; I’m pretty glad we were conquered by the Romans and the Normans and I’m proud of the achievements of our own empire and recognise the positive things it brought about. That’s not to say that I don’t abhor the horrible parts but I’m not going to blacken our entire history by association.

You’re kidding yourself if you think we’d be living like hobbits in the shire if not for the Romans and the like, we’d have only been conquered and exploited by someone else.

reply to post by TruthMagnet

Exactly what freedoms am I giving up by being a monarchist?

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Mike_A]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
ONe thing I did notice is that Michelle Obama DIDN'T curtsey to the Queen as most if not ALL women do.

Michelle Obama is not a British subject. She is not expected to curtsey, as British women are. Technically, Obama didn't have to bow, either; it was a voluntary demonstration of respect which I think was admirable.

Did you note that at a reception on Wednesday night, Michelle Obama briefly put her hand on the Queen's back? It was evidently a response to the Queen lightly touching her waist. You know, stuff that women do when they like somebody. Evidently it created quite a stir, both here and in Britain, as nobody is supposed to touch the Royal Person. The Royal Family was evidently not put out about it. Buckingham Palace issued a statement which said no impropriety had occurred. I love what Michelle did, probably because I'm American, but I give Her Majesty points for being cool also.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
OP, you should be proud that your new president is as diplomatic as he is, doesn't it make a refreshing change from good ol' boy Georgie Bush talking to people in the manner of a witless baboon (Yo Blair?)? What would you rather Obama do, would you prefer him to embarrass your country as Bush did or represent your country with decorum and manners?

On a side note, Prince Philip is hilarious, you can just see the mischief and humour in his face, bit thick though.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

Well - for one - by being a Monarchist you make your whole country (and it's citzen's) voluntarily subserviant to a bunch of Racist Nazi Sympathizers who should of all had there 'eads lopped off decades ago!

Why don't you just put some diseased, poisonous frog on a pedestal at your home and pay tribute to it every day?

(or do you prefer to be the toady??)

Seriously - wtf - you like being their b'iatch - well tell ya' what - make me your f'in Emperor and I'll actually do something for the citizens of your country instead of spending my time parasitizing off of it!

Really - Humanity - with this kind of attitude no wonder the NWO runs right over you all!!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Not to be rude to anyone who actually cares about this subject, but who cares how they act toward each other?

Have you not forgotten that they are the elites that are against us?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthMagnet

You didn’t answer my question, what freedoms have I given up?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Quoting this 'news source' is an assinine assault on common sense. On the home page of this web site it advertises the 'Obama Deception', so probably not an impartial recording of facts, eh?

Furthermore, I don't know exactly what evidence someone has to call the Royal Family racist, but I suspect it is simply baseless slander. I recall that it was Prince Charles who mentioned in a speech to the Royal Guards Regiment "Why are there no black faces in the audience?" that fundementally changed a lingering 'racist' based prohibition in the British military. I don't believe that racists do that sort of thing. Additionally, from all the accounts I have seen, the Queen and Michelle Obama were so affected by eachother that they hugged a couple times - which was unheard of! I suspect that if the queen were racist she wouldn't have done that, and also suspect that if Michele Obama had detected that, she wouldn't have hugged the queen either.

Why can't all you regressive Obama haters just leave it alone and engage in meaningful discussions?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
How disgusting that an American should show respect to someone who is not an American! What is the world coming too! We all know that Obama whasisname is the greatest person in the world and all others must lick his feet.

The sooner America invades and liberates the islands of Londonengland, Europeasia and Iraniraq the better. And lets kill all the nasty whiteskins in Londonengland while we're at it eh? They're probably all reptilians from planet Zeta anyway. Especially that Essan!

Come on guys, prisonplanet is a joke and this story is just a load of ignorant, racist, anti-British bigotry.

I have disagreed with you over certain past issues, but WOW! I am completely in agreement with you on this issue at hand.

I dare say that not only should our leaders and dignitaries show respect to foreign leaders, but ESPECIALLY towards the Royal Family of not only an Allied Nation, but one of the few Countries which I believe is a true friend of ours on MANY levels.

I remember quite vividly how John Adams, our Founding Father and President, was in fact the first Ambassador of ours to England after the Revolutionary War of 1776. Now remember, this was still during a time of heated dispute and obviously bitter resentment to some degree, but even Adams recognized the need to treat England with the proper respect, and Franklin, Jefferson and others realized that we held such a common bond on many accounts, that we were in fact inevitably inseparable. John Adams painstakingly practiced and rehearsed the proper approaches and salutations when making his presence before St. James' Court, and he made certain to adhere to any and all customs of the time. He gave a glorious reconciliatory speech I might add as well, which in of itself indicated our Paralleling existences, and our common, unquestionable bounds as a People of shared Values.

I am sick and tired of this attitude which many Americans seem to be defending, to spite themselves, in simple adherence to their Presidential Candidate of choice.

Come ON My fellow Americans! Get Real! England, and Great Britain are our deepest Allies, and Dearest Friends. I cannot believe that the same crowd which demands Habeas Corpus rights and Release prospects for our captured enemy combatants, are the very same individuals defending snubs aimed at our counterpart across the Pond. Stop acting so ignorant and childish, pick your heads up, and take a long look at how you are deceiving yourselves with Politics over Principle.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Osmoses

hahahah I laughed out loud. Maybe there needs to be a new term: royal correctness instead of political correctness, at least he's honest.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
oh i thought that was marvellous. he pulled that off with class and style. i thought it was great. he's a very elegant man, obama. i don't like his politics but he's got style!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
You can't touch the Queen
Give me a break, I don't understand why you Brits still love this setup, the monarchy is still in control, How can you love them and still be anti NWO?

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Amelie]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Just had to read this whole thread in hopes that SOMEONE might point out two things:

Heads of State are equals. They don't bow to each other.

A muslim bows to no one but Allah. By bowing to the King, Obama insulted him by implying the King was above Allah. Muslims don't bow to each other.

Whoever is prepping Obama on protocol is either an idiot, or the Obama's are ignoring them.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Obama's respectful bows are nothing to be ashamed of. It shows that he is an enlightened, respectful individual.

The fact that that queenie or phillip don't bow back speaks volumes then.

What we must not overlook is that a Japanese bow is a respectful 2 way thing and nothing like the bowing that goes on with royalty.

It is so sad to see the (supposedly ) elected leader of the most powerful country on earth which extols the virtues of "All men being equal", literally grovelling (because that is what bowing is when it comes to royalty) to an unelected parasite with her hand in the public's pockets.

People in the Uk, not unlike the US are suffering terrible times many are being evicted from their own houses while still having to pay for the royal houses!

No self respecting "elected" leader of any nation should pay homage to unelected parasitical aristocrats like the windsors, this is a hypocritical outrage.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Those who hate the monarchy here have absolutely no idea about how it works. The hatred seems to be born more out of an inferiority complex and reverse snobbery rather than genuine concern for equality or democracy. What gets me riled about this though is that those harping on about these “parasites” presumably consider themselves better yet take every opportunity to spill their bile about them and be generally unpleasant.

For example, the Royal Family do not have their “hands in the public pockets” that’s rubbish and easily found to be so if you do some basic research. The Royal family receives money from either the civil list or grants in aid, but these are not personal payments to let them live the life of riley. This money is used to pay for all official duties, these would have to be paid regardless of whether we had a monarchy or not. The civil list itself exists due to the monarchy giving up the crown estate which brings in around £200m for the treasury each year; the civil list pays out about £8m. The Queen gets her personal income from the Duchy of Lancaster but the majority of this, after tax, also goes towards repaying the government for the official duties of other members of the Royal family; duties including Special Representative for International Trade and Investment (not just opening shopping centers!).

And the Queen not bowing back does not speak volumes except to say that they represent the host nation and these are the customs of that nation. That’s why when our royalty go to other nations they end up wearing silly costumes and our tabloids have a laugh at them; they’re pay deference to the host’s customs.

No answer from truthmagnet either, hmmm.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reckon the queen had a boob job any one

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

You are right, you do speak for yourself. Like I said, those of Celtic decent will know of what I speak. I dont expect anyone who hasnt got freedom in thier genes to know what it ought to feel like.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Whats the real crux of the arguement here?

That the American head of state bowed before the Queen?

Or that a black person bowed before a white person?

I'm assuming the latter based on the thread title

[edit on 4-4-2009 by citizen smith]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by Retseh

You are wrong. Truely British people (celtic lineage) would rather that we had never ever had an empire.

"Celtic lineage"?

I get tired of hearing this trotted out. Genetically, the people on these Islands of England/Wales/Scotland and Ireland &c. owe more to the Iberian people who decided to chance their arm and travel north following the last Ice Age.

After that, there were waves of technology and language that reached these shores along with relatively small numbers of immigrants. To use terms like 'celtic' the way many people do makes as much sense as suggesting there is an 'iPod people' or a genetic grouping of people that speak with a raised inflections the totally awesome 'like, totally, rilly, rilly kewl!!!1 race of people'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join