It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Black President Grovels To Virulently Racist Royal Family

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by News And History

has no trouble bowing to other racist dictators (or royalty), as long as they have large kingdoms & plenty of armed-servants:

Its called having manners.. seemingly something that the American "royalty" only recently learned.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I'm more interested in the fact that Obama did the HUGE bow to the Saudis. Bush got nailed for holding hands with the Saudis ... but take a look at the bow Obama gave them.

No change.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by News And History

Wow that title is pretty harsh.
Kind of offensive of Prison Planet.

He may be the first Black president but he is a PRESIDENT nonetheless.
Presidents meet with many world leaders or representatives around the world.
It strengthens ties, and is a nice introduction for new presidents to make.

I don't call doing what any President would and has done in keeping a dialog amongst our foreign allies "groveling".

Did Bush grovel when he did the same?
Did Clinton?

What did they want him to do, say "to hell with you royal white evil family, I will never meet or speak to you!" "Down with the man!"

I mean come on.

Aside from how ridiculously counterproductive and stupid that would be, how would snubbing the Royal family based on race or even past racist behavior even help America? How would he be any better in doing the same thing that this article accuses the royal family of doing?

That article is what is bigoted.

If he were a white President it wouldn't matter who he met with.
Within reason of course.

- Lee

EDIT: Wording

[edit on 3-4-2009 by lee anoma]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
This story well and truly blows.

Trying to make an international incident out of Obama's polite manners?

What's next?
If Obama greets a foreign leader by saying "Hi" in their language he's going to be labelled a traitor?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I'm more interested in the fact that Obama did the HUGE bow to the Saudis. Bush got nailed for holding hands with the Saudis ... but take a look at the bow Obama gave them.

You simplify the issue here.

The Bush FAMILY has strong financial ties to the Saudis.
It wasn't because he simply met with them and held hands.

I would have written that off as odd, but certainly not condemned him for it.

Look up "Bush Family/Saudi Connection" when you aren't busy.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Prince Philip is more like a dithering old Gran-pa , who can`t seem to string two sentences together without embarrassing you in front of your friends .

Often many of that generation , retain what we today regard as racist opinions , but in his youth such expressions were par for the course.

Some of my favourite quotes from Prince Philip.

To the President of Nigeria, dressed in traditional robes

" You look like you’re ready for bed! "

On a state visit to China, addressing British exchange students.

If you stay here much longer, you’ll all be slitty-eyed.

To an Aborigine in Australia

“Do you still throw spears at each other?”

....and my favourite

After excepting a gift from an indigenous Kenyan woman .

You are a woman, aren't you?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by News And History

First Black President Grovels To Virulently Racist Royal
He is HALF WHITE And born in KEnya

Family

www.prisonplanet.com

The sight of any U.S. president literally bowing to British royalty is enough for many Americans to become outraged. However, the fact that the latest to do so is America’s first black president made yesterday’s exchange between Obama and the Queen of England even more troublesome.

Prior to meeting the Queen and her notoriously racist husband, Prince Philip, Obama announced that he “loves” her and that “in the imagination of people throughout America” the queen stands for “decency” and “civility”.

How repugnantly ironic that the first black president of the so called “free world” should refer to the most entrenched prejudiced and elitist institution in Europe as an icon of “civility”!
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
A Tale of Two Bows, starring Barack Obama
Obama Gets Royal Etiquette Lessons for Meeting with Her Majesty The Lizard Queen

[edit on 3-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
The Bush FAMILY has strong financial ties to the Saudis.
It wasn't because he simply met with them and held hands.

I know .. I know ...

But man .. take a look at that bow Obama gave the Saudis. What's up with that? Forget the double handshake with the queen. THIS is some serious body language to pull apart and get all a twitter over!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I wanna know if he bowed to the Japanese PM. If he didn't then it suggests that he is respectful of royalty.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
If he didn't then it suggests that he is respectful of royalty.

I have absolutely no doubt that his handshake and slight bow to the queen was nothing more than proper behavior towards a royal. It wasn't 'groveling'. The saudi picture looks more like 'groveling' then the little bow to the queen.

Anyways, what Obama did with the queen was nothing more than proper behavior. He actually got it right. The IPOD was stupid. But the body language was just fine. (even though the brits supposedly didn't approve of the double handshake).

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

HAHA !! As a Briton I can safely say that there is NO question that the HUGE majority of my country seem perfectly happy with Obamas behaviour whilst visiting my country! To be honest, we rather like the chap here. He may have some bizzare ways of sorting out the economy , but he is far more believable a leader than that complete idiot Bush.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
He may have bowed so he is groveling? i dont see that at all. I always thought when you meet the Queen you were supposed to bow? Is it really that bad if he did?? Why are people so concerned about him bowing and getting an iPod for her? Are these really important things right now? IMO no. Why do people dislike him so much? He hasnt been president long enough, give him a chance for heavens sake. I am sure I will get crap from someone for this but I am not about to slam someone over such small things right now and only two and a half months in office.

Oh the other thing that drives me nuts is he is not 100% percent black so calling him the first black president is incorrect. He is just as much white as he is black. Sorry but this for some reason drives me nuts. It seems like people want to blame everything he does because he is black and that is not right or fair. Sorry just my observation from reading many posts on here about him.

[edit on 4/3/2009 by mblahnikluver]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The slight inclined bow to the queen was correct decorum.

The double handshake is rather crude, but can be forgiven if initiated by a non-Brit.

On closer inspection, that deep bow to the Saudi king was rather odd... for formality, a slight bow is the norm. Certainly no cause for reproachment though.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

But man .. take a look at that bow Obama gave the Saudis. What's up with that? Forget the double handshake with the queen. THIS is some serious body language to pull apart and get all a twitter over!

What is your obsession with this image?
Get over it.

Is this supposed to be indicative of something? That perhaps Obama is closet, Muslim Fundamentalist because he bowed to the Saudi King?

George Bush kissed King Abdullah, I suppose this implies he's obviously homosexual and intended to have sexual relations with him?

Saudi Arabia is one of America's petroleum lifelines, and serious relationships dictate serious body language.

What should have Obama done when he was meeting the guy who's supplying 60% of America's crude?

Fist-pumped the Saudi King while blurting out "Abdi my main man, wazzup brother?"

[edit on 3/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This is just more suggestion for your mind from a loud mouth, I used to think Jones was alright, but he is just getting louder and louder, with an every one listen to me attitude.

I thought I would provide a link to the Racist Family tree, British Royal Family Tree going all the way back to 871 and no I didn't miss off a 1

I think in nearly 1000 yrs the family would have learnt a few things, sure Philip has made gaffs, who hasn't? I don't consider myself to be Royalist, but I do understand the Pomp and Circumstance these people use, General Courtesy, established ceremony, call it what you will, this is how these people do business.

As for being Racist, forever calling the British is that not Racist Alex? huh? practice what you preach Jones ya hypocrite.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by News And History

More importantly, though...from just what is Jones trying to distract us this time around?

Everybody, please...watch the man with the bullhorn.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
All of these it's no big deal replies crack me up. Here is the President of the USA bowing to the face of "big oil" and a king of a Muslim country and it's no big deal. But as others have said, the news went apesh*t with Bush holding the king's hand.

Bowing is not just a show of respect, its a show of submission/deference. Especially with your face to the ground. It also wasn't a minor bow, he damn near folded in half with that bow.

I'm also getting tired of hearing about how Obama is such a great speaker. He can't string one single sentence together without constantly saying, "UUUUUHHHHH." Of course that is without his teleprompter.

Something has to change in our election process, we are constantly scrapping the bottom of the barrel for someone to lead this nation.

Just wait and see, Obama will embarrass this country every bit as much as Bush did. In the mean time he will completely bankrupt us and sell us out to the UN and the IMF.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by on_yur_6

Your nation was being bankrupted way before Obama showed up , both financialy and more importantly moraly also. Not to mention, that being sold out to the UN is no where near as bad as being sold out to Haliburton and Blackwater (or the Cash for Cadavers Commitee). Untill the day that Obama lies to the entire world as an excuse for commiting the slaughter of what amounted to a large portion of a non combatant population , which had already been dying in thier thousands from the effects of sanctions put on them by America, until he does THAT , hes still a million times better than the scheming little gnome that you had at the helm before, which means your right to complaint is virtualy nil at this point pal.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Osmoses

Oh no, I might catch some ghastly disease.
Prince Philip expresses reservations about
Australia's national symbol when asked
whether he would like to stroke a koala.

pretty funny

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by on_yur_6

Bowing is not just a show of respect, its a show of submission/deference. Especially with your face to the ground. It also wasn't a minor bow, he damn near folded in half with that bow.

Crank up the sensationalism a bit more please, the original article is completely devoid of any journalistic "enthusiasm".

How exactly is the United States a submissive slave of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia when Saudi Arabia's National Oil Production is co-operated with the United States via the Saudi ARAMCO Company?

Saudi Arabia doesn't have full rights to all of it's own oil fields, not to mention America has dozens of military bases and training compounds on Saudi Soil and tens of thousands men stationed there.

Do you see any Saudi military bases on US Soil? Or any Saudi shareholders of ExxonMobil or Texaco?

[edit on 3/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join