It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Black President Grovels To Virulently Racist Royal Family

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
lol Wikipedia, the fountain of all ignorance; especially when mixed in with selective quoting.

If you had been honest and posted the entire section (or even just a link!) which you took this from it would be evident that…

Some of the government's executive authority is theoretically and nominally vested in the Sovereign, and is known as the Royal Prerogative. The monarch acts within the constraints of convention and precedent, only exercising prerogative on the advice of ministers responsible to Parliament, often through a body called the Privy Council.[13] In practice, prerogative powers are only exercised on the Prime Minister's advice—the Prime Minister, and not the Sovereign, exercises control.

en.wikipedia.org...

The powers vested in the monarch are dormant and haven’t been used for centuries; they exist as a constitutional safe guard to protect against government abuse. The Queen may rubber stamp Acts of Parliament but she couldn’t realistically block them.

It’s like saying that the US is a Christian cabal keeping all other religions down because the President swears an oath on the Bible. It’s convention with no practical value.

And as far as my idle speculation on the corruption of the Monarchy with the British Govt. and Intelligence services - I think one needs go no farther than the evidence revealed in the Diana Inquests of late.

Like? I followed all in the inquests into Diana’s death and there is no evidence of conspiracy.

Of course I cannot present this or that "smoking gun" for you - but need I really do so.

Yes. What you are saying otherwise is “I don’t have any proof but believe me anyway”.

I believe in the evidence presented to me and none has shown this corruption you talk of.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
i would have prince phillip round for a bbq anytime. the bloke makes me laugh!obamma lama ding dong showed nothing more than correct etiquette during his meeting . the royal family are not as rich as many believe, they have various buisness ventures and between formal egagements ,charity work [they are patrons of many charitys]they work hard to keep these buisnes' running. they also do a great deal out of the lime light for the armed forces.
before you start havin a pop at the british and there monarchy maybe you should remember your history .we've got history and proud to put descendants on the throne, americans wiped out there native peoples

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthMagnet

I am paying attention. Thats why Im drawing a slightly different conclusion about whats happening in my nation than you are .

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join