It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reactions to Obama

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I didn't like him from the beginning either and it is scary that so many people fed into his b^&#@$^t! People are generally ignorant and they want a savior, they found that in the WRONG guy!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
So just checking, here...

We've got a guy that has inherited the worst situation in the history of the US, all things combined... the list is extensive.

His activities so far are substantially no different than things other politicos have done.

There is no objective evidence that he is anything other than what he presents himself to be, flaws and all.

Yet he is the Anti-Christ? Based on what, a mis-reading of one book of mythology?

That's some good reasoning ya got going on there, kids.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
He may be very charismatic and he may lie to our faces in the interest of whoever is padding his pocketbook, but I don't think he is the antichrist. I did notice the other day where he appointed someone with the last name Mabus, that is a rather odd coincidence.

Anyway antichrist or not, he is leading the blind down a path which will end with America in such a state it will never return to what the constitution intended(a small government which doesn't interfere with the state).

My biggest concern is how Obama is blatantly going against the wishes of his voting base. I mean isn't this what a President does in his second term. Does this mean he knows there will not be a second term or another president for that matter?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
OK, I have now read entire thread.

My suspicion as to the sincerity of this thread runs high. I see it as another veiled guise for an Anti-Obama pile on.

The "Title" of the thread queries "Reactions to Obama?" Then the OP presents a seemingly innocent depiction of events suggesting his girlfriend thinks Obama is the Anti-Christ and the OP is on a quest for truth.

Then we are asked: "My question is, have any of you had a simlar experience be it family, friends, coworkers or even yourself feeling or mentioning this?" Thereby shifting the focus to actually ask, "Do you think Obama is the Anti Christ?" or in other words "Do you still beat your wife?" Presupposition. (He who controls the questions, controls the answers.)

The OP then "shares" rather conflicting sources of scripture which are purportedly the fruits of his research. He then attempts to assume to a neutral posture to nurture the thread along.

I agree with the handful of fellow posters who cry bunk. And rather than fall into the trap of arguing why he is / isn't ( woefully fails to meet criteria of scriptures) I will simply point out that for 2/3rds's of the planet's inhabitants, the term Anti-Christ bears no significance as there is no such entity.

Although Christianity is the single largest form of organized religion world wide, it is dwarfed by all others combined:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8de2b9acc958.jpg[/atsimg]

Source: www.adherents.com...

So back to charade:

"My reactions to Obama?":
For me, too early to tell. Change takes time and it is often painful. I might be wrong, but I will give this man the opportunity to prove his mettle. So far, so good by me.

"Is President Obama the Anti-Christ?":
IMO, No and the Devil will not eat you. And BTW, The Matrix was just a movie. Nice try.

Respectfully.......KK

[edit on 1-4-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Blah blah blah, ignorant superstitions.
Antichrist this, persecute that. Same old lines I've heard Christians spew for decades.

It is possible that mankind is on the threshold of a golden age; but, if so, it will be necessary first to slay the dragon that guards the door, and this dragon is religion -- Bertrand Russell

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
You're giving Obama way too much credit. Obama's just another politician. Just a simple tool of the elite. Don't worry about him. He's nothing.

If there is a true Antichrist then it's the ones pulling the major world leaders' strings. People who don't want to be seen in the media.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The greatest paradox of humanity is that of truth. What is truth? A timeless question to be sure. Does a truth arise from factual evidence? In some cases, yes. Does a truth arise from the affirmation of the multitudes? Yes it does. Can an opinion become a truth in a matter of years? Yes, it can. There are as many different truths as there are people in the world. Some are based in faith, some in science, politics, etcetera. One human trait (be it foible or virtue) that will always be timeless, and in its timelessness transcend the language, distance, and cultural barriers, is the ardent desire to defend and convert another individual to one's own perception of truth. "The best defense is a good offense" , so the saying goes, and in the matter of a person's truth, they will unknowingly but unfailingly attempt to lodge their truth into your skull. So I say this to you: believe what you think is right. Your instincts are wiser than you.

By the way, I frankly dislike Obama, not for his religion color blah blah blah, but for the fact that he can talk for hours and say nothing at all. I guess that's why I really don't like politicians huh? Also, I hate empty promises, and this fellow is about as full of them as neurons are full of potassium.
I can only hope that he'll prove to not be an absolute re re when the time comes. (although lets face it, its easy to criticize the president and the government and blah blah blah, because it's always easy to criticize someone else. )

Also, this is off topic and aimed at no one... a rant so to speak:
I'm sick of wannabe hippie college brats talking about how Obama is gonna change the world and make marijuana legal and cut taxes... and basically Obama is gonna fix it so they don't have to work blah blah blah. Bad news there skip, you ARE gonna have to work. So go ahead and float through your education, but don't complain in ten years when you're flipping burgers for minimum wage and wondering when Obama Pan is gonna take you to never never land.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by waldheimat]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

I can say without a doubt that what you are saying is right on track with whats happening now, this engineered financial crisis, and the leaders so-called fix sounds like a fresh batch of NWO for the citizens of this planet.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by XD9611]

[edit on 1-4-2009 by XD9611]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Dear All,

Got hysteria?

Your concerns about Obama are misplaced. He's one of the good guys. Worry about the corporatists and oligarchs running things, the ones who supported president Bush.

Besides, the Anti-Christ is supposed to be Jewish, the better to fool the Jews.

By the way, I don't worship Obama. But he's clearly brilliant, and he's decent.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

That is why I myself have a hard time buying into the idea circulating that he is the "harbinger of doom" like some are claiming. I find it a stretch to imagine that one man would be the entire demise of my great country, I mean yes, there have been the occasional ones that come around and toss a wrench into the gears that we have made.. and to point them all out would be a matter of opinion that I am not willing to speculate upon.

I only know what immediately affects me and mine, anything else is chaff.

For us to reach the proverbial apocalypse is another stretch,(a long one at that) and IMHO I myself am more concerned about a big chunk of space-rock smashing into our marble here than the demise that could be dreamed up by the brightest powers that be.
Like you said, it's all perception... and I would have to agree with you on that, but there is always a flipside.

Equilibrium.
You can't have pain without any pleasure
You cant have a villain without a hero
Surely no hell if there is no heaven

and
One man's trash is another ones treasure.

I see it all as just another way for everything to balance out, since it seems everyone is up in arms over Obama in one way or another whether good or bad.

regards,
T-

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Armchair PhilosopherBesides, the Anti-Christ is supposed to be Jewish, the better to fool the Jews.

Moreover, he'll also be like Christ, what a better way to deceive everyone!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

It's a common experience in my network to have a similar reaction, at least. Though no one I know believes he is THE AC.

Most of us are convinced he's a forerunner, stalking horse, trial balloon testing out the mass manipulations etc. to be used by THE AC.

I still suspect he's more temporary than most suspect . . . that he's scheduled by the oligarchy to be replaced by Shrillery. . . . who would then be replaced by THE AC.

God only knows, likely.

He's certainly playing the role of abject duplicitous evil wrapped in seductive white-wash . . . VERY VERY WELL.

It's mind boggling that

1. so many "Christians," pseudo-Christians and other 'doo doo gooders' [i.e. folks who poo all over innocents in the name of 'doing good' in their construction on pseudo-reality] seem to be near TOTALLY BRAIN-DEAD, near TOTALLY WILLFULLY BLIND-TO-THE-MAX about how evil he is and what he's up to.

1.1 I queried a normally bright Methodist lady at the college yesterday or Monday . . . about how she liked her messiah. She still thinks he's doing wonderful things . . . said with this kind of almost giddy, starry-eyed straight face and cheeriness.

1.2 This is a bright educator--a Dept Head. She's an idiot. Why is she such an idiot about OThuga? Mystifying. The evidence to the opposite is piling higher and higher all over the place--even in the oligarchy controlled MSM.

1.3 The only explanation I can arrive at is the Bible's warning about God turning over the rebellious etc. to deceived deluded minds to believe a lie. Trouble is, this isn't a common garden variety lie. This is at least an Atlantic Ocean collection of lies and horrific facts.

2. I never thought that someone who even PRETENDED [as he does so persistently and at great atny expense] to be an American could EVER--[U]COULD[/U] EVER even BEGIN to be as WHOLESALE DESTRUCTIVE to the Republic of the United States of America as he is with SOOOOOOO MUCH COMPLICIT HELP on the part of SOOOOOOOO MANY SElected traitorous legislators . . . is beyond mind-boggling. I'm persistently aghast at the contemplation of the facts of all that. AND IT WORSENS geometrically almost by the day.

3. It's almost as though a satanic demonized psychotic sociopathic mass murderer was made head-master of a large Roman Catholic parochial school . . . and on a 'special in-house-locked-down-Christmas retreat' began to systematically torture, rape, murder all the chlldren and nun and priest teachers with multiple web-cams in all the killing rooms . . . going about his business with great glee and yet steely dead calmness . . . and 90% of the viewing Roman Catholic citizens viewing the horrors on the web told polsters what a wonderful job they thought the new headmaster was doing.

4. What I'm seeing OThuga do to the land of my birth--coupled with the public responses--is THAT mind-boggling.

5. Sometimes I almost catch myself wondering IF I could ever pinch myself ENOUGH to wake up from THIS NIGHTMARE.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by telemetry

He's NOT just one man.

He's the figurehead well trained lap-dog/puppet/robotic

PIED PIPER

NATION KILLER

MASS MURDERER

PRETEND leader of the USA on behalf of an oligarchy, a ruthless cabal at work for many decades if not a few centuries . . .

setting up a Nation and a planet for the initial several feet of a super slippery slide into a horrifically literal several years of hell before the GRAND DUMP into the real literal hell.

I suppose they'll indignantly tell God that they THOUGHT the fallen angels/ET's/watchers/nephilium were telling the truth about creating man and that the planet desperately needed depopulated forcibly in order for any life and humanity to survive . . . yada yada yada.

And God will likely remind them how they KNEW the "ET's" chronically lied and still believed them.

Gong to get interesting . . . MORE interesting.

[edit on 2/4/2009 by BO XIAN]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Heres the way I look at it now condensced as much as possible in one post.

I actually stumbled across some things that make me think that the rapture is going to happen within the next month or two and if not by the end of summer.

Have a look at this website links and the videos below. Mark of the beast?

www.verichipcorp.com...
www.independent.co.uk...

There are also stories of many people getting cancer and sores from the implants but I cant prove that. Plenty more information on the internet about verichip as well. It is alarming just how many actually have this chip now.

Obama antichrist?

1) Starts small but becomes great (Self explanatory)

2) He will be arrogant and boastful
(This was made by McCain, contains relevant parts of Obamas speeches that I would certainly call arrogant and boastful)

3) He will become very strong, but not by his own power, in his quick rise to fame

4) He will be blasphemous and speak against god and his word

(Muslim, christian or what?)

(plenty more there for anyones eyes to see.

5) He will come from a dominant power in the world
-Pretty self explanatory as America is considered the most powerful nation on the planet right now

6) He will be a sterned faced king
-Self explanatory if you look at many of the pictures of him

7) He will be a master of intrigue and deception

Plenty more as well if you look at what he speaks of.

- Some of the other things that Ive listed back this part up

8) He will be a king different from those who have preceeded him
-Many things can back this up, he campaigned different, he has said he is different, his background is unique when compared to any other president, he is the first black president etc

9) He will be known as the "lawless one" or "rebel"
- His CIA codename is renegade which is defined as, a lawless one or rebel
- He rides in the Beast

10) He will be seen standing in the holy place just before he takes office
moniquemonicat.files.wordpress.com...

11) He will often be called a Messiah

12) He will cause astounding devastation
- Time will tell, his withdrawal from Iraq has been deemed to do this.

13) He will have a wounded head
- There was a picture featured in an article but was dismissed as a flag reflecting off his head while he was given a speech, I cannot find this anymore but if I do I will send it as it looked like a burst head with blood running down the right side of his face. I can hardly find more than a few pictures of his right side anymore.

14) He will be miracioulously healed, the world will be astonished
-?

15) A false prophet will arise to be his "right hand man", causes all to take a mark and erects a "living image" of him
- I think this is a statue that will be erected of him not a literally living image of him.

16) A 10 nation coalition will give him great power and authority
- The EU is an ally of America, it is a 28 nation coalition but only 10 of the member nations are full members.
www.weu.int... (click the tab labelled "delegations" for proof of this)

17) He will implement a 7 year covenant with "many" (some say 3.5)
- This could be the amount of time he will be president of the US
- It could also be the current G20 meeting
- It could be peace in the middle east (This could also be a great way for him to give the gift of Solomans Temple to Isreal as a good will gesture, that would prevent outcry if done correctly)

18) He will attack Christians and Jews and persecute them viciously.
- He has already attacked scriptures
- There are also Fema camps in america causing a lot of worry at the moment as well which could tie into all of this if you think about it because the government acknowledges them but will not say what they are for and gas canisters, fences with barbed wire pointed inwards...why?

19) He will change laws and times concerning "worship"
- He has made law changes so far but none concerning worship
- He is introducing a civilian national security force

- There are also Fema camps in america that i mentioned above that could be used for this

Some christians believe tha the anti christ will come from Turkey
Guess who is visiting Turkey?
www.cnsnews.com...
www.todayszaman.com...

What if the anti-christ will have some form of realisation in Turkey?

There is still the controversy over his birth certificate as well.

One last thing, have a look at this below,

-

This is true, check this out,

www.illinoislottery.com...

Press ctrl + f and type in 6-6-6

Theres the list and the dates 666 = devil, 777 = god, 9 = judgement (statistics of that happening, wow)

(if you like numbers try this one)

If all this is true, the rapture is going to happen this year in my opinion. Ever read into the mayan calendar? Some say it predicts the end of the world in december 21st 2012 because the calender ends, it states that the god of wars time of rule will end in defeat by the goddess of love (venus). There are many different enterprations all around this date but the calendar ends as the god of wars time is up, that is universally agreed as far as I have read.
June 21st 2009 - December 21st 2012

3.5 years.

This could be the end of the peace agreement that the anti-christ will sign marking the start of the end times.

And this is all coincidence!!?? Big or what?

[edit on 2-4-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
I actually stumbled across some things that make me think that the rapture is going to happen within the next month or two and if not by the end of summer.

Please re-read my post here: post by kinda kurious

So now the OP is making "End of the World" predictions with a projected time frame.
"The Rapture: Coming to a theater near you this summer." That's enough to make any well respected Theologian proud.

A far cry from the innocent, open minded "Quest for Truth" opined in his opening thread post.

BTW, have you set a date for the wedding before the cataclysmic event?

Thanks for making "my prediction" come true!

Regards.......kk

[edit on 2-4-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Its not a prediction, it is what I see from the facts from MY point of view.

Difference.

Ive made a decision that you might be able to see.

At the start of this thread I had not made that decision.

Check out my posts from the last year of being on this site if you need to see that as well. Please also note the fact that I use the word IF.

If you cannot see why I picked Neo as an avatar with XXXN3O as the name then I really do not expect you to get where I am coming from at all in much.

To each his own though.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Obama is just another lying puppet.

The only difference is that he's also giving false hope to the minorities.

He's not the antichrist, he's not the devil. He's just another person who has sold out to politics.

If the antichrist wanted to get into politics by the time he was spat out the other end he would be as plain and homogenised as the rest.

There is no hope, no change is coming, no light or darkness at the end of the tunnel.

Just another puppet. If there is an antichrist he's the one pulling the strings not the one dancing.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

There is also controversy over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. That does not mean the question has any relevance.

The whole birth certificate "issue" started when somebody wondered about it... and it took off from there. Multiple subsequent investigations and revelations and statements have all indicated that there is no question of the place of his birth.

All that is left are some extremists who evidently can't accept an answer that opposes their pre-conceived notions.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic

There is also controversy over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. That does not mean the question has any relevance.

The whole birth certificate "issue" started when somebody wondered about it... and it took off from there. Multiple subsequent investigations and revelations and statements have all indicated that there is no question of the place of his birth.

All that is left are some extremists who evidently can't accept an answer that opposes their pre-conceived notions.

I think 5 angels, what about you?

Someone wondered....is that not what leads to murder cases being re-opened and solved. Wars starting or someone making decisions etc?

Yeah I am an extremist, I must be quite clearly in your eyes but maybe your understanding of that word has been perverted, pretty big charge chief. Pre-concieved you say? I would disagree with that as well, I liked Obama and Ron Paul at the start but the Obama-mania was what made me start wondering.

Perception is everything, look at what I have stated above and tell me that this is all just a big coincidence then and Obama is not doing anything of the sort.

I would rather someone would with something than it all being true.

With regards to me saying certain things that are my own opinion, that is all it is, my own opinion and I am not saying that this is going to happen exactly like I have said or that it definately will. I am just trying to show how it might be the case. I have already came across a few replies that argue the contrary and I have acknowledged them unless I have missed some.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Obama has shown his lies, Obama is agreeing to new world order,the half descendacy of Obama is from africa, africans who faught the imperalist capitalist he is a tratior to all africa and the east, he is a tratior to you America and the world.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join