It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kroft to Obama: Are you punch drunk?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
reply to post by son of PC

It is quite obvious what is happening on this thread, another Anti-Obama pile on.

I suppose the NRA meeting ended early tonight.

Flame me if you must but, I support my country and my president. Right or wrong.

I believe in the man and I continue to have hope. And I would take hope over fear any day.

Thankfully, none of you can take that away from me.

Regards.......KK

[edit on 22-3-2009 by kinda kurious]

the NRA meeting ended early?
are you trying to show disrespect toward about half the people in the nation or are you just a tad bit rude? I know many people who own firearms and voted for Obama so I think your stereo type = fail.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I believe in the man and I continue to have hope. And I would take hope over fear any day.

As a child, I had hope the bedsheet I tied around my neck would enable me to fly. It didnt. But at least I didnt break anything when I jumped off the shed.

As an adult, I learned that understanding the principles of things, seeking out and gaining a deep understanding of something, and then applying those principles consistently and without prejudice, proved a more useful strategy. Now when I want to fly, I leave hope in the box, and the sheet on the bed, and I buy a plane ticket.

As a child I believed the story they told me about Santa Claus, and I left him cookies and milk and some grass for the flying reindeer. And then I caught my parents eating the cookies and drinking the milk.

As an adult I came to realize that belief is not necessarily a reflection of the truth, or reality. That they two were entirely separate things. You need not believe a thing for it to be true, nor does holding belief create truth.

That was one of my first problems with the Obama platform. They were selling things and promising things I knew were meaningless as far as solving our nations problems. Belief and hope feel good. So does drinking beer. The truth doesnt often feel so great. Neither does working out. But the latter will lead to one outcome, six pack abs, while the former will only lead to a six pack. Or two.

I want a leader who tells me the uncomfortable truths. I dont want a leader who promises me rainbows, and unicorns, and Santa. I want a leader who does not sell me hope, and belief. I want a leader who has a deep and solid understanding of the problem and who cares enough about this country to sacrifice their shot at a second term to do the hard dirty and unpopular work that needs to be done to reset the foundation that made this country great.

I dont want hope. I want a plan. And I want someone with the knowledge and guts to implement it.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Remember folks you elected obama to run the country with the experience of being a community organizer. obama has not headed up a small or large corporation and yet he makes Trillion dollar decisions with the stroke of a pen. Punch drunk you be the judge.

Instead of obama being active in writting and creating the almost trillion dollar stimulus package he hands it over to pelosi and her staff of coleagues to formulate and complete. This showed me obama was afraid to stick his neck out and do it himself and is a sign of weakness in my eyes. The reverse stimulus package that would work he would not consider and that is downsizing the size of our enormous ball and chain government dragging us downward with incredible Trillions of dollars in unnecessary costs and spending.

Well I know it is on the job training for him being president and he is bound to make many many mistakes in these 8 years. The real question can we afford these mistakes?

I know obama said he would give We The People Five days to read over the almost Trillion dollar ecocomic spending stimulus package bill with over 8,500 Ear Marks or pork barrel spending projects. obama overlooked what he had promised We The People when it came to time alloted in reviewing the stimulus ecocomic package. This was a hurried up deal that the powers that are did not want us to read.

I know obama promised no hike in taxes to the poor and middle class, but he forgot to tell you about a sneaky tax called the Cap and Trade Tax that will run up the price of gasoline at the pump and run the price of your electric bill sky high. Now those who voted for obama and his change, well you will begin to see the change alright because at the end of the month after paying your bills you may be lucky to have change left over in your pocket. Here is hoping you do no have any electrical brown outs at your house.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by amari]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

No wonder our elected officials don't represent us any longer.
Hell, if I can completely screw up while serving as a public official and the worst that is going to happen is "tolerance" of my failures, I'm running for Senate!

Why would they represent us when organized crime is so much more profitable?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
reply to post by Leto

Oh please!!!! The White Guy (McCain) was a bona fide war hero, son of an admiral in the US Navy, grandson of an admiral in the US Navy, Looooong time senator, history of being a moderate (McCain Feingold, et. al. etc...) losses because he picks a nut job as his VP.

Again, I think Clinton (either of them) should be the President. Its okay Sheeple, follow your new messiah, he'll make it all better with his magic. He certainly doesn't have any experience or knowledge on how to run this country.

List one legitimate criteria were Obama actually had the experience to run this Country.

Give me just one, please. He has a nice smile? I don’t think that counts.

Economy was the main issue for voters and McCain himself said he doesn't know much about economics. McCain who was long known by most conservatives as being too moderate and who he described himself at times as being an independent suddenly became a conservative for the 2008 elections. Obama criticized McCain of being Bush Jr. and McCain did nothing to counter that.

As for the Clintons, I liked Bill and if it somehow was him vs Obama it'd have been difficult for me to decide between the two. On the other hand I can't stand Hillary, I especially dislike her support of censorship. Her crying during an interview didn't help her, and I think what finally destroyed any chance she had was her awful comment about how Obama may be assassinated any day now when asked why she hadn't ended her campaign.

Look at how well John Edwards did in 2008 even though his campaign had no substance. He speaks like a car salesman, has a history of chasing ambulances, the people in his own state don't like him, and he still managed to take clear third place in the Democratic primaries.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR

You mean you would support a President even when you know he is making bad decisions? "right or wrong?" Wow, that's weird.

Yes correct. Like one of my own family does all the time. It's called "tolerance",
look it up.

Now what strikes me as weird is going on an internet chat forum and spewing vitriolic
negativism that accomplishes zilch.

Oh well, no matter. Pure perceptions my friend.

Regards....KK

So tell me then...Why do you do it? Better yet, how do you do it?

The smart and right play is to defend and support someone with absolute unwavering loyalty regardless of their ability to see equitably and effectively to your very best interests present and future?

I see this kind of thing in Las Vegas when some poor optimistic soul places hand after hand, often doubling his money down, and loosing one after another, until they are finally busted, broke, wiped out and then stagger away in a dumfounded shocked daze.

That's the smart move huh?

The theme song of the Twighlight Zone is now straining through my head...Rod Steiger would have loved producing this episode!

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by amari
Instead of obama being active in writting and creating the almost trillion dollar stimulus package he hands it over to pelosi and her staff of coleagues to formulate and complete.

Has there been any President who was an economist?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Leto

Doubtful.
I wonder just how many Presidents were trained BS artists (actors or lawyers.)

A bunch I'd guess.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

I want a leader who tells me the uncomfortable truths. I dont want a leader who promises me rainbows, and unicorns, and Santa. I want a leader who does not sell me hope, and belief. I want a leader who has a deep and solid understanding of the problem and who cares enough about this country to sacrifice their shot at a second term to do the hard dirty and unpopular work that needs to be done to reset the foundation that made this country great.

I dont want hope. I want a plan. And I want someone with the knowledge and guts to implement it.

Apparently you didn't watch the interview or any of his recent speeches. He has not "sugar-coated" the dire state of the fragile economy. He never said it would be easy.

It is a complicated process and an un-precedented quagmire.

BTW, you sure "want" a lot. But as the Stones would say "If you try sometimes, you'll get what you need."

Regards........KK

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leto

Originally posted by amari
Instead of obama being active in writting and creating the almost trillion dollar stimulus package he hands it over to pelosi and her staff of coleagues to formulate and complete.

Has there been any President who was an economist?

There has not been any elected President of The United States Of America as an economist. pelosi not being a President but Speaker Of The House is not one either. It would of been a much stronger showing if obama as president if he would of directed the writting and formulation of the ecocomic stimulus package.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leto
On the other hand I can't stand Hillary, I especially dislike her support of censorship. Her crying during an interview didn't help her, and I think what finally destroyed any chance she had was her awful comment about how Obama may be assassinated any day now when asked why she hadn't ended her campaign.

She actually did not ever say that. Unless you can provide us a link that gives us a direct quote to the contrary. I wouldnt have voted for Hillary either, but not because of some of the horrible propaganda that was spread about her. But rather because I did not think that she was the best person for the job. For many of the same reasons I did not vote for Obama. Selling pretty promises I knew they could not deliver. (And that would not really solve the problem if they could deliver them)

What she actually says, (when discussing the way the media and Obama's camp are making a big thing of her "dragging it out, and not conceding") is first, that her husband did not wrap up his nomination until after the California primary, and then that we all know Bobby Kennedy was assasinated in June while still campaigning. She was bringing up two individuals who had been campaigning longer for the nomination than she had at that point, but who were not harangued by the media as "dragging it out" and "not knowing when to quit."

You can watch the video and hear the comment yourself. I would tell you the time stamp but the whole thing is less than three minutes and context is important. I just hate to hear utter rubbish perpetuated about anyone. And that rumor is simply, clearly, and plainly just not true. I think the people who keep seeing and hearing plots to assassinate Obama everywhere have an issue. EVERY President is at risk.

en.wikipedia.org...

There have been multiple assassination attempts on presidents of the United States; there have been 90 known attempts to kill sitting and former presidents as well as presidents-elect. Four attempts on sitting presidents have succeeded: Abraham Lincoln (the 16th president), James A. Garfield (the 20th president), William McKinley (the 25th president) and John F. Kennedy (the 35th president). Two other presidents were injured in attempted assassinations: then-former president Theodore Roosevelt and then-sitting president Ronald Reagan.

Obama is not more at risk than any other President, and his popularity overseas and the heightened fear that there may be an attempt may even make him safer.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Cue the Applause.......

OK kids, I have donated my quota of blood for the day. I must bow out and dream of sweet dreams about how we are all the same. Like rain drops falling into the ocean.

I'm gonna brush my toothies, say my prayers and hit the hay.

It's been real. It's been fun. Just not real fun.

G'night...............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

[edit on 22-3-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Apparently you didn't watch the interview or any of his recent speeches. He has not "sugar-coated" the dire state of the fragile economy. He never said it would be easy.

It is a complicated process and an un-precedented quagmire.

BTW, you sure "want" a lot. But as the Stones would say "If you try sometimes, you'll get what you need."

Regards........KK

This would be the uncomfortable truth. People, I know I told you during the final days of my campaign that I had a great economic team and plan in place. That I understood the economy and it's complexities much better than my opponent, and had gathered the best tallent in the world to hit the ground running with an already well thought out plan and team to turn this economy back around.

Well...the truth is, I still don't have a plan, and I had no idea how bad the economy was or what all was involved in fixing it, and I still don't really have a team.

Talk about a royal screw up huh? Not only do I not know what's going on and who is looking out for the tax payer's interest, no one involved in the government knows what's going on or who did what, when, even when they were the ones that did it.

You are screwed and up doo doo creek!

About the only thing I have been able to do is just shovel boat loads of freshly minted cash that is devalueing our currency and causing inflation, to the guys who have had the biggest lobbying presence on the hill!

I am thinking about setting up soup kitchens for the rest of you though!

In the mean time look for me next week on the Late, Late show with Conan Obrien, on Tuesday and David Letterman on Thursday, and my standup act live in person at the Trump Tajmahal on Friday, before heading off in Airforce One to the G-20 in London where I will do my level best to pretend I have a clue there too! Hopefully they won't run a number on me like the Congress and Senate, Treasury and Federal Reserve have so far. Don't worry my Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will be there at my side. What could go wrong?

Yeah I dare him to tell the harsh truth.

[edit on 22/3/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Well, I would rather hear someone admit what I know to be true, rather than continue to offer me some make pretend version of reality.

Just like Bill Clinton, if he had said, "yeah I had oral sex in the oval office," and "yeah I inhaled" it would have been preferable to many of us than the lying and twisting the words.

If Bush had come out and said, "The war in Iraq was a mistake and I am sorry." I would have preferred that. Is it really so odd to prefer the truth? I honestly cannot be alone in wishing people would just tell me the damned truth even if that truth is, "Guys, I am really not quite sure what to do here." The only reason to lie is for that second term. But you arent President, in theory anyway, to further your own career. You are President to serve your country to the best of your ability. And honest, ethical people are the sort of people I have faith in. Not those who are more concerned with themselves and their next term.

We ask the average American soldier to be willing to put himself, his (or her) very life on the line for this country for little pay and no perks, and you are honestly going to tell me it is too much to ask to have the Commander in Chief be willing to risk a second term in office to tell us the truth? And then to make it sound as if that should be obvious that he would never risk THAT MUCH (a shot at four more years in office, woooooooo) for truth?

Lol. We expect far too little of our leaders.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Yeah i dont get how bush became part of this thread, but it seems like you take the time to bash w every chance you get. This president will get everything he deserves, he got into an elected position by sheisty means(1996 chicago) and has played these types of tactics/politics since then. Has lied blatantly regarding issues hashed out during the election, and continues to shock and awe us with a plethera of others. We know what kind of guy he is, an elitist with no concern for the middle class, no concern for veterans, no concern for anyone but the cronies he is in debt to for getting him elected. We are in for a rough term with power grubbing dems in charge, thats the fact jack.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by XD9611]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Race matters little when you choose to belittle the disabled population, insult the British with thoughtless (not to mention class-less) gifts, and LAUGH at the financial pain HE played a DIRECT role in.

I'm sorry if I fail to see what his skin color has to do with his actions.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TaZCoN
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

How about I refer you to this thread for justified, 'reality' based criticism.

Judicial Watch - Obama White House is Lobbyist Haven
Credit goes to FlyersFan

I pose this question...when will the silly children awaken to the false right left paradigm?

Here's some more 'reality' for ya....We The People are not on their team.

Peace be with you friend.

The Left/Right paradigm is very real and very vulnerable. One of the biggest lies going in these "conspiracy" circles is that the Left/Right paradigm is false and that we need to "grow up" and realize this. THAT is exactly what the enemy wants you to think so that you give up trying to defend your position as an American who is interested in Conserving the current values and freedoms of Americans. This is how the Left has put Obama into office. They played the race card. They put up the black man knowing that all the blacks would vote for him and they figured enough Mexicans and young white rebels would vote for him also. They were right. The white youth, who is always questioning what mommy and daddy say, went to the polls and voted for the black man. Rap music is partly to blame, and it is pumped through the Media by NY/LA/Hollywood types that are most definitely pro-Israel and anti-America. This is not hard to see if you would just open your eyes.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Well, I would rather hear someone admit what I know to be true, rather than continue to offer me some make pretend version of reality.

Just like Bill Clinton, if he had said, "yeah I had oral sex in the oval office," and "yeah I inhaled" it would have been preferable to many of us than the lying and twisting the words.

If Bush had come out and said, "The war in Iraq was a mistake and I am sorry." I would have preferred that. Is it really so odd to prefer the truth? I honestly cannot be alone in wishing people would just tell me the damned truth even if that truth is, "Guys, I am really not quite sure what to do here." The only reason to lie is for that second term. But you arent President, in theory anyway, to further your own career. You are President to serve your country to the best of your ability. And honest, ethical people are the sort of people I have faith in. Not those who are more concerned with themselves and their next term.

We ask the average American soldier to be willing to put himself, his (or her) very life on the line for this country for little pay and no perks, and you are honestly going to tell me it is too much to ask to have the Commander in Chief be willing to risk a second term in office to tell us the truth? And then to make it sound as if that should be obvious that he would never risk THAT MUCH (a shot at four more years in office, woooooooo) for truth?

Lol. We expect far too little of our leaders.

Everything you wrote so deserves to be reread. You certainly have well qualified the ehtical standard the responsibility and privelage and honor of the office of President of the United States deserves, and everything the citizen should fairly expect from him and it.

Maybe we ought to check and see if Maggie Thatcher is still alive and kicking and could come in and clean up this mess. Maybe we really need a woman for this job for a change.

24 went that route this year. I kind of like her better than the previous male presidents we have had. She really sticks to her principals in a very gutsy and unshakably determined kind of way.

Of course that's just Hollywood and not the real world.

The real problem are the basic principals of our elected leaders today. Few if any have them, and they are labelled as nut's, crackpots, senile and possibly terrorists!

One of the greatest concerns our forefathers had that summer in Philadelphia while drafting the constitution is how government could be ensured to attract an honest and principaled man that would not use the relatively low paying offices as a vehicle for economic advancement through selling acsess to the government, and would remain firmly dedicated to those principals.

Imagine if you can, out of all the great and progressive revolutionary minds gathered then and there in that room, asking themselves each individually that question and pondering it, no man felt comfortable putting himself forward to be the very first President, but all unanimously indicated that George Washington was the only one that could be trusted, and that he himself neither asked for or wanted the job, but did so only because he recognized every other man in the room was right, and he was the only person amongst them who could be absolutely trusted not to sell the office or use it solely for personal gain.

If you think about that a minute that says a lot, and that was not even back in the day where it would take hundreds upon hundreds of millions of dollars, a heavily censored dishonest media, and billion, even trillion dollar players weighing in with a heavily vested interest and agenda.

How do you get someone to be ethical and honest in government?

My best guess would be to take the most dishonest habitual felon incarcerated for life, and tell him, hey we made you the president, you don't have to lie, cheat or steal anymore.

That guy would get a kick out of doing the job the right way most likely for the sheer novelty of it alone!

It seems like the most honest independent ones end up getting shot if not shot and killed at some point.

Hopefully the guy being released on work release for the job doesn't hear that and demands to be locked right back up for his own safety.

What a world we live in today!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

and then that we all know Bobby Kennedy was assasinated in June while still campaigning. She was bringing up two individuals who had been campaigning longer for the nomination than she had at that point, but who were not harangued by the media as "dragging it out" and "not knowing when to quit."

Sure sounds to me like her justification for remaining in the race was that Obama could have been assassinated just like Bobby Kennedy was. Whatever her true motivations that was an awful blunder and a final nail on the coffin for her campaign.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Bill Clinton, Honest??? There aren't enough hours in the day to begin to explain the pure evil this man (let's not leave Hill out not) encompasses.

I won't take a lot of time on this as it's a bit off topic. But the man was IMPEACHED for christ's sake.

If you need a starting point for research on the Clinton's try Somalia. I cannot believe the free pass these people have from actual history!!

Now for on topic: Let's not forget the sheer audacity of a man who would have the MOST expensive inauguration in American history, during it's second depression.

How much must we swallow before we are sick?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join