It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kroft to Obama: Are you punch drunk?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

You're right about that.
I've seen it argued that Bush was considered to be on vacation while he was in Camp David.
A military base?

Yeah right, as if these people aren't breifed about endless crap each and every day they are in office. They also have to make policy decisions each and every day while in.
Only one president comes to mind that this doesn't apply to. I can't remember who it was but one of our Presidents actually spent a great deal of time at the local bar getting drunk.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I was establishing a comparison of timeframes. (Obama's length of days in office to Bushies weeks of clearing fake weeds in Crawford.)

Of course they are never "out of power" unless during a medical procedure, falling off a bike or choking on Pretzel's. Duh.

And why "must this stop?" Because you say so?

Tooodles........KK

edit to delete potentially derogatory tone.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I wonder if Obama sometimes sits quietly alone and comes to the realization that he has bitten off more than he can chew. Then i remember that chewing is below his "paygrade" and all he has to do is make a pretty plate, sit back and let the bilderbergers clean it for him. Then all he has to do is gloat about how wonderful the meal was.... We in turn read the reviews and say to ourselves.... MMMM... that sounds like a fine place to eat!
Then sometime later we read the health score of the establishment and wish we had never eaten there.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
If you'd quit frothing at the mouth for a moment, I was establishing a comparison of timeframes. (Obama's length of days in office to Bushies weeks of clearing fake weeds in Crawford.)

Easy, Gus. I don't GEL was frothing at the mouth, but you do seem to be getting your panties in a bunch.

Obamie takes a vacation when things are looking pretty bleak for the American economy. I wonder how many of his voters will be taking a pass on a vacation this year because they can't afford it?

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Of course they are never "out of power" unless during a medical procedure, falling off a bike or choking on Pretzel's. Duh.

Boy, that's funny! You must include when Obama bonked his head on the airframe of Marine One. That was a real kneeslapper for the TOTUS.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I read it as nervous laugh, since Steve Croft was acting like Perry Mason. I thought the entire interview was insightful and informative. Obviously the Press will have open access to the Whitehouse and not relegated to "Barney the Dog" stories.

Hey I miss Barney the Dog! He was the best part about the last Whitehouse reality series!

You are an anti-dogite!

By the way, you realize the Bush vacation days analogy defense expires at some point don't you?

You realize also I hope that the election is over, and the man who ran on the platform of I am not four more years of George Bush, even though George Bush wasn't even running, is now a little too similiar to George Bush for most people to be excited.

You do also realize that when George Bush left office he had some of the lowest approval ratings in history and most of his own political party and supporters had long before that abandoned and rejected him that was reflected in his approval ratings. Or do you think the democratic population is 77% of the nation and that's how Bush ended up with a 23% approval rating?

It's time for Obama to shine, if in fact he can, and he really doesn't become any more lusterous by tarnishing someone no longer on the job to compare him too.

The Obama campaign did a great job at avoiding having to be substantive on the issues through that kind of deflective to capitalize on a ground swell of discontent about Bush and the economy to gain him the benefit of the doubt to sweep into office on a vaguely defined "Change" platform.

He is in office and the hypotheticals are now real, and people are really looking for him to preform and if he doesn't, that benefit of the doubt will evaporate very quickly, while the same underlying fears and insecurities about the economy continue to run rampant through the nation, that he himself exploited and capitalized on to come into office.

It's about not just talking the talk my friend, but walking the walk.

It's pretty telling that he is trying to revamp his volunteer campaign movement people and employ them in the task of grass roots canvasing to promote his economic plans door to door.

The Networks are usually happy to give a sitting President of the United States all the free TV time in the world to explain his ideas and policies to the American people.

Presumably he can do a better job of that than some pimply faced 19 year old knocking on the door with a slick color brochure can.

Of course what he can't do on TV is criticize and try to ostracize the citizen who doesn't agree with or support his policies or agenda. The 19 year old pimply kid at the water cooler sure can get away with it.

The question is, can the same deceptive tactics used in his Presidential Campaign to make him a viable cantidate based on his very unknown qualities and potential, be effective when now on the job, he is rapidly shattering any illusion of the potential and talent he claimed to have for victory's sake.

I don't think it can or will, if he doesn't soon start performing and keeping his promises, and gracing the office with it's traditional protocols and decorum.

Which is frankly why I fear we won't be too far off from the day when the pimply faced 19 year olds at the water cooler volunteering now for President Obama instead of Cantidate Obama will be armed, and equipped with Radio Backup.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

mybigunit,
You have some serious issues here in what does not make good nonsense. What is happening now you cannot blame on the "religious right" and it makes your presentation here very weak.
The religious right are not in the seat of power now. What is your problem or is this the very best you can do??

I am with Illusionsaregrander in thier post. We have been sold a poor bill of goods or crap for decades...and by both parties.

kinda kurious,

A nervous laugh...?? I think a nervous laugh is not what instills confidence in a people looking to Washington for leadership.
What is becoming obvious to many is that leadership and Washington DC may be on two different pages on two different scripts. Perhapsed in two different nations...and have been for years now.

I can remember an article with someone who at the time was on the editorial staff of the magazine called Rolling Stone. They had been invited to the 2nd inaugrial ball of Bill Clinton. They were so excited...and ready to attend. When the big night arrived...

"This is our guy..our guy is in the White House and we get to meet him."

"He's our guy!!!" "Ours!!"

So they get to the ball and here is Bill Clinton going from group to group and speaking to certain peoples. When he get to the group where the Rolling Stone Editors are ..he makes some statement about something they haven't a clue as to what Clinton is talking about ...then Clinton goes on to the next group of people.

They stand together and look at each other silently. "This is our guy??"

Similar stories have surfaced from time to time concerning other Presidents..from both parties. They just wind them up and they go from group to group...carrying the party line.

You people were expecting more from the electorial process???

Though I began to take notice of it back with the Jimmy Carter Presidency...and have heard the stories going back to Nixon..it became clear and confirmed with Bill Clinton. The requirements for the office of President of the United States are not as high as most of us think.

Though I cannot remember the name of the FBI agent who was doing security clearances for the first Clinton Administration. He was having great difficulty getting the needed informations to get the clearences pushed through. Little cooperation from the people in the Clinton Whitehouse and they were handling alot of confidential and classified informations.

So in his book he speaks of talking to one of the secretaries in the White House and in walks Bill Clinton. Clinton recognizes him, shakes his hand, makes a short speech and then leaves. The FBI agent looks at the secretary and asks. "Is he always this way??"
Her reply is..."Yes.. he's always ON!!"

You folks keep on playing the left/right dichotomy...you will go far with that one!!

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Is he really advertising his economic package like that?
I'm afraid that will just turn his package into a laughing stock. Can you imagine having someone walk up to your door and handing you pamphlet explaining the President's economic ideas?
I'd tell the kid to get lost and then have a good laugh about it.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Anyone else get a kick out of how he completely dodged the question about whether he thought the law was unconstitutional? Of course it is. That's why he didn't answer it. This is a disgrace.

I sure noticed it Jay-in-AR and it's pretty disturbing too, that he wouldn't just come out and say it is blatantly unconstitutional and as tempting as it is he just won't allow it.

The way he hemmed and hawed then for reasonable solutions that don't just punish a few and 'are' constitutional, kind of left the door open to, well maybe there is a problem with the constitution as it stands currently, that made him so reluctant to come out as a strong and unequivacable defender and proponent of the constitution by just saying "No way, will such an obviously unconstitutional act be tolerated for a second under my watch"

I really thought even back during the campaign he kept goofing and flubbing his lines and meant to say "Vote for me because I am 4 more years of George Bush"

Thank heavens it worked out well for him anyway. To bad it's working out so bad for us!

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

This isn't about Obama vs. Bush. I must be one of the most grateful people to see an end to the Bush Administration. I hated Bush from the day he stole the election from Al Gore, to the day he got into that flight to Crawford on January 20, 2009.

However, I have been against an Obama Presidency since he threw his hat into the ring. Since day one I have been complaining about his lack of experience, his questionable ties to this nation (spent years during his childhood in Indonesia), his far left ideology, the people he has surrounded himself with his whole life (see Pastor Wright), and the fact that if he wasn't African American he would never have risen to the level he reached so quickly because of people are too afraid to criticize him for fear of being labeled a racist.

Do you realize that if he were not a politician and he applied to work for the secret service, he would probably not get passed the screening process because of the years he lived in Indonesia. So we have a man as president who would qualify to protect the president.

Full disclosure: I think that Hillary Clinton would have made a much better president. Not only was she the more experienced and qualified candidate, but her husband would have made an outstanding confidante and adviser, he was only the PRESIDENT for eight years.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR

Is he really advertising his economic package like that?
I'm afraid that will just turn his package into a laughing stock. Can you imagine having someone walk up to your door and handing you pamphlet explaining the President's economic ideas?
I'd tell the kid to get lost and then have a good laugh about it.

Why yes, yes he is Jay-in-AR. It was just mentioned again today on the mainstream media, regarding meetings held all across the country over the weekend.

The plan was first made public back in the end of January.

Obama Retools Grassroots Network to push Stimulus

What do you want to bet volunteering counts towards your newly legislated mandatory/voluntary/required civil service hours?

Probably gets you dibbs on a job in the newly legislated armed national security force that should number 400,000 by 2014. That is if you want one.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
Jesus christ give the man 90 days before you start the pointless baseless attacks that really come across as some kind of unconscious racism more than kind of legit criticism. The anti-Obama sentiment in this country since he took office has been absolutely pathetic. There has been so few criticism based in any kind of reality and so much dramatic insulting non-sense being said by people who are obviously just not comfortable with Obama for one reason or another unrelated to politics. The conservative and racist sects in this country have just become silly children since Jan. 20th

[edit on 22-3-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

Obama has more white blood in him than I do. I think my great, great, grandmother was 1/16 white. And I think Obama sucks.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Hey, I'll push pamphlets if they can guarantee me a cushy job with the Bureau of Land Management!

Seriously though, that is so ridiculous. People will undoubtedly think it is amateurish. Well, the ones that aren't totally lost to brainwashing.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by son of PC

It is quite obvious what is happening on this thread, another Anti-Obama pile on.

I suppose the NRA meeting ended early tonight.

Flame me if you must but, I support my country and my president. Right or wrong.

I believe in the man and I continue to have hope. And I would take hope over fear any day.

Thankfully, none of you can take that away from me.

Regards.......KK

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm

I say again. If he were a white guy with the exact same level of experiance, and the same ideology, do you really believe that he would be the President of the United States? I personally don't think he would have even gotten past the first few primaries.

That person would have likely won the election by an even larger margin.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
Jesus christ give the man 90 days before you start the pointless baseless attacks that really come across as some kind of unconscious racism more than kind of legit criticism.

I'm sorry, but just because he's black and we are criticising him doesn't make us racists.

Good grief

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
[edit on 23-3-2009 by son of PC]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Leto

Oh please!!!! The White Guy (McCain) was a bona fide war hero, son of an admiral in the US Navy, grandson of an admiral in the US Navy, Looooong time senator, history of being a moderate (McCain Feingold, et. al. etc...) losses because he picks a nut job as his VP.

Again, I think Clinton (either of them) should be the President. Its okay Sheeple, follow your new messiah, he'll make it all better with his magic. He certainly doesn't have any experience or knowledge on how to run this country.

List one legitimate criteria were Obama actually had the experience to run this Country.

Give me just one, please. He has a nice smile? I don’t think that counts.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

You mean you would support a President even when you know he is making bad decisions? "right or wrong?"
Wow, that's weird.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

I want what you want. The problem is the "conservatives" have been hi jacked by the religious right. Im sorry I dont believe in telling people how to like their lives. I believe in true small government where you live your own life the way you want as long as you dont infringe on others liberty and you obey contracts. If we lived like this there would be no need for income taxes and we would actually be able to keep our own money. It would make us more liked around the world because we wouldnt be policing the world and getting into everyones business. With the religious right we will never get this for they want some quazai religious state like Iran only Christian.

This is a big star for you my friend. I honestly witnessed very flowery and cordial conversations between the religious left and the religious right, where the religious right expressed dissatisfaction and a sense of betrayal that more legislative attempts to legalize enforced "Christian" values hadn't occured during the Bush Administration as they hoped. Enthusiastic followers of both Christ and Obama cheerfully invited these unhappy Christians to come on over to God's side and support Obama instead because he was a man of "Calm and Tranquill Spirit with the Lord".

Some how, some where, our nation founded in the Decleration of Independence under "Nature's God" but one where no religious test could be applied to a candidate for office, that the founding fathers were all Masons, Diests, and proclaimed agnostic and athiests to almost every last man, has become somehow a Christian Nation?????

It is a little scary that theology and religious rituals has become too big of a part of Government from promoting policies and agendas that cause people to join or flee otherwise political parties, has come to influence domestic policy and foreign policy as well, manifest in some divine religious need to monetarily and militarily support Israel.

We need to get all the special interest nonsense out of politics and get back to just the straight on business task of running government effectively, effeciently, and inexpensively, doing just the things it was designed to do.

Let the markets control themselves, to naturally readjust to a working economy that really works, because it's working all on it's own! Let the individual states set more of their own policies and regional sense of political correctness so that if all the Christians just have to have Christian based law around them they can go live in Utah or some state that caters specifically to their values, the same way that once upon a time the original 13 colonies catered to different enthic, religious groups that settled there and were able to establish a clear political majority.

Lets stop mandating thought and speech and acceptance, and start allowing people to productively be and contribute what they can, so that they can be as productive as they can. Lets stop saddling everyone and his brother with handicaps and burdens by imposing on them they fulfill some kind of quota on fairness. The fair thing is for each and every person to make his own mark doing what he truly can do best, not simply to be given a job because of this preconcieved notion or that preconcieved notion about some plight they suffer in life. We all suffer a plight in life! It's called feeding and housing ourselves and getting from point A and point B to do it. Why we have to pay upwards of 33% and more in taxes, as a bare minimum, at a local, state, and Federal level, and on purchases of various commodities and luxuries is absurd when all we really need are the roads to get from point A to point B to do our work and get back home.

Living with this mass insanity of 5000 plus thick paged volumes of tedious and restrictive, uneseccary penalizing laws that cost more to keep on the books and enforce than they save or produce is just insane!

It's even more insane when with all those laws, and all those 667 departments and agencies of the Federal Government and millions upon millions of employees, the biggest crimes like the Bank, Mortgage, Securities and Insurance scandal are not even deterred from happening with all this inept oversight, they aren't even punished, and even more amazingly still they are rewarded and bailed out at our expense, not with the money we voluntarilly give them, but they manditorily take right out of our paycheks or hunt you down like a common criminal and dog for.

I am glad to know, that I am not the only this is not working for.

Anyone it is really working for please raise your hand?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR

You mean you would support a President even when you know he is making bad decisions? "right or wrong?" Wow, that's weird.

Yes correct. Like one of my own family does all the time. It's called "tolerance",
look it up.

Now what strikes me as weird is going on an internet chat forum and spewing vitriolic
negativism that accomplishes zilch.

Oh well, no matter. Pure perceptions my friend.

Regards....KK

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join