It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kroft to Obama: Are you punch drunk?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Kroft to Obama: Are you punch drunk?

www.politico.com

His remarks came in a “60 Minutes” interview in which he was pressed by an incredulous Steve Kroft for laughing and chuckling several times while discussing the perilous state of the world’s economy.

“You're sitting here. And you're— you are laughing. You are laughing about some of these problems. Are people going to look at this and say, "I mean, he's sitting there just making jokes about money—” How do you deal with— I mean: explain. . .” Kroft asks at one point.

“Are you punch drunk?” Kroft says.

“No, no. There's gotta be a little gallows humor to get you through the day,” Obama says, with a laugh.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Here is Steve Kroft chatting up the Commander in Chief. Based on the time being spent working on the NCAA brackets, doing the Leno deal and a town hall meeting everyday, not an unreasonable question.

Within a span of about 5 days, we've had this, Maxine Waters saying publically that she does not think Obama is in the loop on the economy, Dodd saying that Treasury pressured him on the bonus language, Chavez calling Obama an ignoramus and Iran essentially telling Obama to cram his video greeting. Not a good week.

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

WOW sounds like the Boy Wonder is starting to crack

I think he actually believed his own hype

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
:shk: Oh god .. someone save us. Who the hell voted this nitwit into office? We've got 3 years and 10 months left of this? Will there be a country left? HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!
:shk:

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

“Are you punch drunk?” Kroft says.

Obama should have answered:

"Why no sir, uhhhh, I just have no class and, uhhhhh, and am incompetent for this position, and uhhhh, I have no clue what Im doing and uhhhhh, and never should have been voted into office. I, uhhh, laugh because of all those suckers who, uhhh, put me here."

[edit on 3/22/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

+37 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Jesus christ give the man 90 days before you start the pointless baseless attacks that really come across as some kind of unconscious racism more than kind of legit criticism. The anti-Obama sentiment in this country since he took office has been absolutely pathetic. There has been so few criticism based in any kind of reality and so much dramatic insulting non-sense being said by people who are obviously just not comfortable with Obama for one reason or another unrelated to politics. The conservative and racist sects in this country have just become silly children since Jan. 20th

[edit on 22-3-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

+23 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'd like to know when these freaking reporters are going to ask some really hard questions, instead of just letting him give his answer and move on to the next question.

Also, please save the straw-man, sounds racist, no legitimate criticisms rhetoric.

He has been in office for less than 90 days and there are plenty of legitimate criticisms for us to address.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Ive lost faith in our country and our government. Our country has been falling apart at its foundation over the past 30 years and the overall population has not said a peep. Lipstick on a pig if you will. I dont see any change coming from this guy in fact I see Bush/Cheney part II. I will say though Im going to give the guy more time before I come to full judgment on him. I mean lets be real hes only been in office a couple months.

However if you hardcore neo cons are looking for some sort of religious awakening where we will come under christian law ie bibles everywhere and some sort of judeo/christian theocracy here youll be waiting awhile not that I want to damper your wet dreams. If you want some crazy religious government telling you what you can and cant do then I recommend Iran I hear its great on the religious front.....

[edit on 22-3-2009 by mybigunit]

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

the pointless baseless attacks that really come across as some kind of unconscious racism more than kind of legit criticism.

You have proof that the contributors on this thread are showing racism or could it be they are truly criticizing what he said. IMO it is the latter.

Nobody has to wait any certain number of days to criticize him. Criticism or praise of Obama will happen one issue at a time. Each issue has its own merit.

Instead of crying race maybe you should show the contributors on this thread why their point of view is wrong.

I personally find his words to be awkward but am nowhere near the level of stress Obama is under. Stress can cause weird things to happen and with everything he has been through lately, I could probably relate with what he said.

BTW, here is one thing I think Obama did right.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
Jesus christ give the man 90 days before you start the pointless baseless attacks that really come across as some kind of unconscious racism more than kind of legit criticism. The anti-Obama sentiment in this country since he took office has been absolutely pathetic. There has been so few criticism based in any kind of reality and so much dramatic insulting non-sense being said by people who are obviously just not comfortable with Obama for one reason or another unrelated to politics. The conservative and racist sects in this country have just become silly children since Jan. 20th

First I hate to mention this but almost every job I have ever had, had a 90 day trial period. It's an evaluation period employers use to determine someone's longterm suitability to the job. Employers generally expect you to display consistent social skills, team manship, performance, talent and competency during this time period, to consider making you a permanent addition of the staff.

Second, I haven't attended church in well over 20 years, let alone attended a church for 20 years whose preacher practiced and advocated racism. So I hate to say, I would be alarmed and extra cautious and observant about anyone black, white, yellow or brown who had, and then wished to, and became the chief executive of a diverse multi-racial and cultural nation.

Third, he was a cantidate who did not hide his genuine dislike of the Constitution in it's present form or the politics of America he had gotten glimpses of through the eyes of both someone young and impressionable and living abroad in foreign cultures.

To date not one policy to come out of the Whitehouse has been particuarly helpful or beneficial to the American People but simply helpful to the Big Money Interests and growing the Government and ultimately expanding his own powers.

Your savior is beginning to look more and more like a hatchet man who is taking actual glee in the havoc his actions, afforded by his position seem to be causing.

You might want to take the colors and parties out of it and examine your past, present and quickly degrading future before making such blanket and defensive assumptions.

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Awwww. So please tell me what I am ALLOWED to say and exactly the date I am allow to voice my honest opinion based on a man who is worthless for this country - which is an opinion based on his resume AND his decisions thus far and the things that come from his mouth thus far.

Please, tell me what I am allowed to say and when. Id like a detailed timeline to avoid any trashing and bashing of my opinions

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Awwww. So please tell me what I am ALLOWED to say and exactly the date I am allow to voice my honest opinion based on a man who is worthless for this country - which is an opinion based on his resume AND his decisions thus far and the things that come from his mouth thus far.

Please, tell me what I am allowed to say and when. Id like a detailed timeline to avoid any trashing and bashing of my opinions

My comments weren't directed at you but if you feel your posts fit the criteria of what I said then I guess I can't do much about that.

And Obama is not my savior, I just think a significant minority if not majority of Americans have jumped into the deep end in the last few months.

link   

Oh, shucks! I didn't know there was a "freshness date" on Obamalamadingdong.

Payback is a real bitch. If I remember correctly, W didn't get cut any slack from Day One.

link   

How about I refer you to this thread for justified, 'reality' based criticism.

Judicial Watch - Obama White House is Lobbyist Haven
Credit goes to FlyersFan

I pose this question...when will the silly children awaken to the false right left paradigm?

Here's some more 'reality' for ya....We The People are not on their team.

Peace be with you friend.

+37 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It is offensive to suggest that anyone with a reasonable concern about the president is racist. What were the folks who were complaining about Bush 60 days in? It is racist to suggest that he not be critized and it is subtle racism to suggest that in having concerns and articulating them makes you racist. It is an overt racism to suggest that he not be critized because of his ethnicity, which whether or not you realize it or not, you are doing.

This administration has gotten off to a poor start. Please remember that Obama was elected on 11/4/08 whilst we were in the middle of a financial meltdown. It is now 3/22/09 and we still don't have a senior team in Treasury. No under-secretarys, nobody interested in taking the jobs or willing to support the policies. How can the economy be fixed when we have no team in place to fix it. If you're counting, thats 6 months.

The markets are down 1/4 since the day Obama took office. They are reacting to his policies and his team. The markets operate on one thing and that is confidence. There is a confidence problem with this administration.

Several significant promises made by this administration have been broken.

- No earmarks - nope
- full transparecy in government - nope
- 5 days of opportunity to review the bail-out bill prior to having congress vote on it so that citizens could reach out to their representatives and let them know what they thought about it - nope
- no lobbiests in the administration - nope

What is it now, 6 nominees who have had to pull out or decided to pull out? What high-schooler is running the vetting process?

Now we're in to this dance 60 days and we have a secretary of the treasury who is dead man walking. Can't get rid of him because he has nobody to replace him with. Here's a dude who cheated on his taxes and yet runs the IRS. Now we find out that he was in the loop on this AIG bonus deal all along. First he does'nt know about it. Then we find out that he did in fact know about it. Now Dodd's saying that Treasury pressured him to adopt the language protecting the bonuses.

Democrats are beginning to distance themselves from this administration and 60 days in, that is not a good sign.

I fully support any President. I hope that this President goes down in history as one of the greatest we've ever had. I do expect that the leader of the free world, who has taken office in one of the most challenging times we have had adopt a serious tone and not joke on entertainment television shows tell folks he's been practicing his bowling and tell folks he filled out his NCAA bracket and that there is a very good chance that he'll catch some games.

This is not a joke and fantastic, teleprompter driven speaches don't fix the serious problems we have. Neither do daily town-hall meetings or figuring out what to plant in your White House victory garden or how old the Portugese Water Dog is going to be when you get it. I realize that folks are interested in this stuff, but at some point we need to get beyond the form and get a bit of substance.

If you want to make some money, place a market open order selling the S&P 500 short. Geitner is in front of congress tomorrow talking about his banking bail-out package along with his plan to manage the compensation of public companys. The market is going to love that.

Oh, and I suppose that you think Maxine Waters is a racist as well.

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Listen, I'm not a racist, but I what I am about to say might come off as racists to some of you.

Just imagine for a minute that instead of Barak Hussain Obama, his name was Barry Henry O'Neil and he was a white guy with the exact ideology, level of experience and prior accomplishments.

Think about it. He was running for president before he was elected to the senate in an unopposed race. He gave the keynote address at the 2004 Democratic convention: www.pbs.org...

He wasn't even in the Congress when he was selected to give that address. He officially declared his candidacy on February 10, 2007. He was sworn is as a senator on January 4, 2005. Source

He was a senator in the United States Congress for just 2 years, 1 month, and 6 days before he started his campaign. He had no experiance, but the masses are just so in love with this guy.

I say again. If he were a white guy with the exact same level of experiance, and the same ideology, do you really believe that he would be the President of the United States? I personally don't think he would have even gotten past the first few primaries.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.....

[edit on 22-3-2009 by finemanm]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

This is the criticism I look for because I learned something from it. You get a star from me.

My complaint is the abundance of criticism directed at Obama's character or the man himself rather than his politics or policies. My complaint is that there has been an unconscionable level of ridiculous whining over the stupidest things having to do with Obama rather than dealing with the crisis and matters at hand.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I believe that he and Mccain both made a big hullaballoo about being ready to go on day one with "no more honeymoons". So he gets no 90 day grace-period. He was confident enough he claimed he knew what he was stepping into...this ain't a Mcdonald's job.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

So which of these posts was your accusation of racism was directed at?

He called McCain out of touch with the average man and he is the one who seems to be not only out of touch, but completely lost.

The left winged Bush haters slammed him for joking about him being the only one who bought a house last year and Obama laughs at the whole situation on nationaly TV.

This was what was not left out.

Imagine all they talked about that so incensed Kroft that he finally asked the President of The United States if he was punch drunk.

That takes some brass.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join