It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kroft to Obama: Are you punch drunk?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

But if you took away the religious right most Republicans would be Democrats! lol..

The entire notion that we DONT NEED the federal government to tell us how to live seems to have died with Reagan, where he showed the Conservatives how cool it is to pretend to be a Conservative but really be a Liberal.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Hey folks, just in case anyone is interested, here is the actual video clip (Of Concern) of the "60 Minutes" Interview of President Obama conducted by Steve Kroft:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
im glad all you guys in here thought GWB's humour was more delightful...

You guys watched Obama deception too many times..
Actually, no. I take that back..

If you did, you'd realize he isn't the man in charge and wouldn't be hatin so much

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
It's a pity he took over the controls of an airplane that has both wings on fire, a gaping hole in the side, and no wings, and is fully expected to immediately correct everything.

I would almost feel bad for the guy, except he wanted the job really really badly.

But I still think people are focusing on the minuscule. I think he needs more time. 90 days to fix all the issues? I doubt he'll come close to righting the ship in 2 years. And he'll be criticized every step of the way.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
Jesus christ give the man 90 days before you start the pointless baseless attacks that really come across as some kind of unconscious racism more than kind of legit criticism. The anti-Obama sentiment in this country since he took office has been absolutely pathetic. There has been so few criticism based in any kind of reality and so much dramatic insulting non-sense being said by people who are obviously just not comfortable with Obama for one reason or another unrelated to politics. The conservative and racist sects in this country have just become silly children since Jan. 20th

[edit on 22-3-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

You mean to tell me that our prez is not caucasian!!?? You're kidding me. (incredulous) I saw a pic of his mom and she was white. A lot of caucs have sun-tanned skin and thin lips, with dark eyes and hair.(sarcasm)

Oh Jeez! I get so tired of being accused of being a racist, just for disagreeing with our prez. Funny how I was never accused of that with any other prez. I don't care what color he is, I don't like him. I don't like the white half any more than the black half. Maybe we should all be called, 'Half-racists.'

[edit on 23-3-2009 by sizzle]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
As this and so many other threads to date illustrate, we're in for four years of anti-obama circle jerk rant threads. If you all could at least refrain from attacking each other and stick to addressing the issues, your ant-Obama threads might be a bit more tolerable to read.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
The only thing McCain might have done better if elected is take the actual economic situation seriously. Don't know if he'd have had answers but the situation would have eventually worked its way through the system. McCain would have tried to fix the actual problem while Obama sees it primarily as a means to rush through a lot of social engineering. If he were taking the time to do things carefully, we might learn to trust him, but he's rush rush rush the sky is falling pass my bills. No member of congress was able to read that stimulus bill before voting on it. It was physically impossible to read it in the hours allowed. That is not good governance. They all failed us that day and continue to do so, and they did it at the behest of their new leader, the president. Nothing of what he has rushed through has been directed at fixing the actual problem. It fixes what HE perceives to be other serious problems but the economic collapse is the cover story.

Obama's personal history is shrouded in secrecy. We know little of his education except that he lived certain places and attended certain schools. We know he practiced law for a time and taught classes for a time. He was a community organizer. He has never been accountable for anything. Results never mattered, only talk. Even the campaign. He promised hope and we Americans bought it. He has not yet demonstrated any ability to lead or to solve problems. He does delegate, though not wisely. He tells his team: come up with a trillion dollar plan, and they do. We'll hear the next one tomorrow.

It creeps me out that our president feels it appropriate to appear on popular tv shows to "sell" his policies. His chortling and giggling is probably genuine pleasure at what he's been able to accomplish thus far. Remember that his goal is not to solve the financial crisis but to enlarge the government as much as possible while overwhelming that governmental structure with the number of people it must support as suggested in the cloward-piven strategy. He's come a long way in a short time, though maybe not quite the direction we expected.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Obama isn't worried because he knows it's all orchestrated. That he's played his part in other's agenda.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
:shk: Oh god .. someone save us. Who the hell voted this nitwit into office? We've got 3 years and 10 months left of this? Will there be a country left? HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!
:shk:

Hey your country survived two terms of having bush (the queen of idiots) so id say your country is pretty safe short of full on nuclear attack. Remember its all what the secret scociety wants anyway so everything thats happens is planned i think this the last thing you should be worrying about.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
Jesus christ give the man 90 days before you start the pointless baseless attacks that really come across as some kind of unconscious racism more than kind of legit criticism. The anti-Obama sentiment in this country since he took office has been absolutely pathetic. There has been so few criticism based in any kind of reality and so much dramatic insulting non-sense being said by people who are obviously just not comfortable with Obama for one reason or another unrelated to politics. The conservative and racist sects in this country have just become silly children since Jan. 20th

[edit on 22-3-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

Awwww. So please tell me what I am ALLOWED to say and exactly the date I am allow to voice my honest opinion based on a man who is worthless for this country - which is an opinion based on his resume AND his decisions thus far and the things that come from his mouth thus far.

Please, tell me what I am allowed to say and when. Id like a detailed timeline to avoid any trashing and bashing of my opinions

Any time you like its a free country for now any way. Now seriously the first 6 months of a presidency is know as the honey moon phase its were there popularity is highest. What concerns me is President Obama is all ready loosing poll numbers this tells me people are not getting the things they expected.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

I don't know how many posts I've made about missing trillions every year, that are not accountable because they go into black operations. Who do you think is paying for our demise?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by carole9999

If they go into black ops like you stated then you just accounted for them.

Nice work.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Folks, I hate to break it to you, but Obama is in over his head. I voted for Obama, and initially gave him the benefit of the doubt, but there is no mistaking his experience - or his advisers' lack of experience. I am not shocked at all concerning that Politico piece:

Obama writes CHIRAC (FORMER PM of France):

In his latest faux pas Obama managed to pi$$ off France... President Obama wrote Jacques Chirac saying he was looking forward to working with the former French president in the coming four years(?) Monsters and Critics reported: US President Barack Obama has indirectly praised former French president Jacques Chirac's fierce opposition to the US-led invasion of Iraq, the online edition of the daily Le Figaro reported on Thursday. In a letter described by Chirac as 'very nice,' Obama wrote, 'I am certain that we will be able to work together, in the coming four years, in a spirit of peace and friendship to build a safer world.' The use of the word 'peace' was taken to be an indirect reference to Chirac's stance against the US intervention in Iraq, which Obama had also opposed as senator. No Pasaran has more on the bizarre letter to Chirac. French newspaper Le Figaro is horrified at the faux pas. And, current French President Sarkozy was appparently upset with the letter. Europumas and Free Republic has the latest: Now Obama has insulted French President Sarkozy! Oh no! Obama sent a letter to Chirac, saying he looks forward to working with him the next four years. Le Figaro, French newspaper is horrified at the faux pas. Doesn't Obama ever consult his staff before acting? Sarkozy is the President there! It's like Sarko writing to George Bush and saying he looks forward to working with him. Chirac is the FORMER president.

www.gatewaypundit.blogspot.com...

Barack Obama does not seem to know that in May 2007, French voters elected Nicolas Sarkozy to the French presidency, to succeed Jacques Chirac who had been president for twelve years. Yesterday, we told you Sarkozy is irritated because Mister O. refuses to tell him if he will accept to meet him personally in the next few months.

Barack Obama wrote a letter to Jacques Chirac to tell him about his desire to "work with him" for the next four years !

Sources:

europumas.over-blog.com...

www.lefigaro.fr...

This is all over the French press (one of France's leading papers broke this story).......I doubt you will hear much about this in the American press. But ask yourself, HOW did this this type of mistake happen? I am a regular working class guy, whom is out of the loop, and even I know Chirac is the FORMER President of France. It speaks volumes about Obama AND his advisers: how do they let this happen? Then you have the Iran blunder on top of it. My god.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by Manwin]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Manwin

This is the first time ever, that I am glad that there are countries out there, that do not like us very much. It will be harder to form a one-world government (New World Order), if we have significant hold-outs.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Manwin

Snubs the British PM

Made to look like a fool sending a video to Iran

Cuba calls him an idiot

and now he sends a letter to rebuild our relationship with France to someone who hasn't been in office in 2 years.

All within 60 or so days.

And people thought W was bad on foreign diplomatics.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by Manwin

Snubs the British PM

Made to look like a fool sending a video to Iran

Cuba calls him an idiot

and now he sends a letter to rebuild our relationship with France to someone who hasn't been in office in 2 years.

All within 60 or so days.

And people thought W was bad on foreign diplomatics.

Quite true. You're forgetting the Russia snub a few weeks ago; essentially Russia gave Obama the middle finger.

I am a moderate "liberal" who understands the realities, and I voted for, whom I thought at the time was the lesser of the evils......but I suspect some of the far left will have a difficult time getting a grip of the reality that surrounds us.

We are in for a roller coaster ride this summer.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sizzle
reply to post by Manwin

This is the first time ever, that I am glad that there are countries out there, that do not like us very much. It will be harder to form a one-world government (New World Order), if we have significant hold-outs.

Yep. I agree with you there. If there are any positives, it is what you described about the NWO. It might give people an opportunity - an opening if you will- to get educated.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

This is something I've been saying all along. If you look at anything concerning the voter turnout, you'd see this guy played the race card to the hilt.

I'd hypothesize that if you took out the sudden influx of black voters who hadn't voted before, or haven't voted in the past 2 presidential elections, obama.. 30% of the popular vote. 40% at best.

Make no mistake. This election was all about race baiting, white guilt and playing on anything republican must be bad.

Yes, we're looking at change people. Looking at it right now. We're looking at the obamaton's political deity changing into the same corrupt and lying puppet the rest of the thinking world knew he would be.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
He is being humble, accessible and bound to make a few slips. He is a man of the people and as a human, fallible. Did you expect a "Perfect President?"

Accessible?

Two words... Birth Certificate.

'nuff said

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
During the election he'd laugh after he was asked a hard question. Now that's he's asked several hard questions in a row he laughs too much, almost like a robot following a script. Maybe there's some research out there that if you laugh before answering a serious question that it will make people more comfortable with your answer.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join