It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 11 Armrstrong “These babies were huge, sir!”

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jools

Hello, Jools, and welcome to ATS.

Regarding the sensored audio; did you see the link from jpvskyfreak on the first page about that? Very interesting and I think you would like it. Although I personally thought the wording and interpetation in the clip, regarding the music that they heard, was a bit rude.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by shadow watcher

In response to Vitto Saccheri's account, he states:

"She explained that the space program had developed many technologies which at the time had not been declassified or adapted for commercial use. One of these new developments-unknown to the general public-was instant replay video, which would become common later. But in 1969 and 70, only a handful of people were aware of it."

Actually, instant replay was available for commercial use in 1969 and many millions of people were aware of it. Check out this clip from Super Bowl 3 on January 12, 1969:

www.youtube.com...

This completely contradicts Vito's statement about instant replay. If he is being untruthful about this, what other things is he being untruthful about?

[edit on 19-3-2009 by SphinxMontreal]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

Thank you for your kind welcome. It's great to find a forum with like minded people and share experiences.

The audio was kind of weird with Apollo 10 because I was trying to read some of the transcript above and below the pieces that were highlighted to see the context of the whole conversation. It does appear that there was a splicing at some point. I am not sure what to think on this...

As regards a lot of the coded words some of the nice peeps on here already know what some of them are referring to i.e LM etc....

I am pretty certain over the years Santa Claus and Bogey refer to UFO's...it would be interesting if someone could find a definitive list so some things could be discounted.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Have any of you guys on here witnessed what you would defintely class as a UFO?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jools

You do know that Apollo 8 rounded the Moon on December 25th, right? That just might have had something to do with the statement. Astronauts, fighter jocks in particular, are known to joke around a bit.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Sorry to rock the boat here. Im just miffed as to why we have two conspiracy theories that conflict massively. On the one hand you have folks like on here who believe/investigate the possibility of strange happenings on the moon, and concider evidence of man landing on the moon to heavily support this topic. However, on the other hand i have read countless discussions about how we in fact have never landed on the moon, and proclame all of NASA's claims to this as being fake. There is strong opinion and evidance on both sides. Now please dont get me wrong. I heavily support this thread myself, but I can't help but feel disheartened about the doubts that cloud the backbone of it.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
24th / 25th yeah Santa...But it is of general opinion (majority) of researchers / professionals / naysayers / conspiracy theorists / joe bloggs etc

That it was referring to a UFO encounter.

(don't shoot the messenger)

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jools

sorry wrong posting

again mods , my bad , sry bout that

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Seany]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I totaly agree with you here. I think he was just trying to be entertaining for the audience and particularly the kids at home following along. Simply a wholesome little family friendly jest for Christmas.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Hi, moon fans.

About the mysteries of/in the sounds/conversations/moon. . .
I am opening little parenthesis here
just to show you how little they let us know:

1= University paper on the subject.
Antigravity, Joshua Funamura.
www.nuc.berkeley.edu...

2= Did you know that the first "vehicules" targeted on the moon,
missed it by thousands of miles ?
And it was "vehicules" of USA and USSR. . .

Von Braun's secret:
www.enterprisemission.com...

Soooo I don't want to critic the discussions here ! They are FUN !
But, what the BLEEP!? do we know, to talk/write about it all ?
[ And many other subjects, by the way. . . ] B-]

Blue skies.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tallpaul1984

Because that's what it has gotten to over the years...If your gonna have the Interweb and access to so much information then your gonna get a huge swing of opinions.

It started years ago when people questioned whether we had gone to the Moon..even making a film (Capricorn One- as early as 1978...although it was a Mars mission).then the Apollo photos were scrutinised etc...and it all escalated and now...we are none the wiser.

This isn't going to go away...it's all we know until someone decides it's time to 'disclose'

I would like to think it would happen in my lifetime...but I won't hold my breath

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallpaul1984
On the one hand you have folks like on here who believe/investigate the possibility of strange happenings on the moon, and concider evidence of man landing on the moon to heavily support this topic. However, on the other hand i have read countless discussions about how we in fact have never landed on the moon, and proclame all of NASA's claims to this as being fake. There is strong opinion and evidance on both sides.

Consider this:
What if the truth lies somewhere in the middle?
Yes, NASA went to the moon.
No, there are no aliens living on the moon.

- - -

I'm all open to the alien idea, however I thought the same as Phage when I read the transcripts.
Don't read out of context - and as important, look up words and lingo you don't understand at first.

Cheers,

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
AWESOME post. REALLY cool stuff. I am going to post the exact link to every Apollo mission transcript directly from the NASA website. Just so you can read it for yourself and know that it is available. Some of them are VERY long and include everything from singing to farting.

www.jsc.nasa.gov...

VERY last choice at the very bottom of the page. You have to scroll down to it but it is titled "Communications Transcripts: Mercury Through Apollo".

Blinking lights and music are very interesting topics. There might be a perfectly rational scientific explanation for these things. I do think that it is at least worthy of investigation as far as the government will allow it to be explored.

All of this information is yours. Use it together, use it in peace.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

Originally posted by Whisper67

According to Otto Binder*, who was a member of the NASA space team, when the moon-walkers, Aldrin and Armstrong were making their rounds some distance from the LEM, Armstrong clutched Aldrins’s arm excitedly and exclaimed:

[edit on 3/19/2009 by Whisper67]

*name made bold for emphasis

I have heard this story before. This leads me to believe that this entire episode is either a hoax or it is simply an elaboration of a true event that has picked up details in the retelling.

Nevertheless, seeing the name "Otto Binder" listed as a source for this account raised the red flags in my mind.

While this account is fascinating, I don't believe that I would tout this anecdote as incontrovertible evidence. It's just an interesting story as it stands -- a story with a number of undocumented keypoints presented as fact.

I'm reading the whole thread, every post, but felt compelled to respond to this post immediately. The ONLY reference I make to Otto Binder is indeed that comment about Armstrong clutching Aldrins arm - the actual quote was heard by hundreds of ham radio operators. I do not use him as a "source" for this quote or any of the other ham radio interceptions.

This seems like 'throwing out the baby with the bath water.'

Again, these quotes are from the book "Our Mysterious Spaceship Moon" by Don Wilson (Dell, 1975) Reprinted in the book "Extraterrestrials, UFO, NASA-CIA-Aliens, Mind Boggling Theories, Stories and Reports; Anunnaki, Zeta Reticuli, Area 5, Abductees, Whistleblowers, Conspirators. The Real & The Fake." -Maximiilen de Lafayette copyright 2008.

Our Mysterious Spaceship Moon - Don Wilson (out of print)

Our Mysterious Spaceship Moon - Don Wilson - used on Amazon starts at $120.00

EXTRATERRESTRIALS, UFO, NASA-CIA-ALIENS MIND BOGGLING THEORIES, STORIES AND REPORTS: Anunnaki, Zeta Reticuli, Area 51, Abductees, Whistleblowers, Conspirators. The Real & THE FAKE (Paperback)

This leads you to believe this is a hoax? Your quote: "This leads me to believe that this entire episode is either a hoax or it is simply an elaboration of a true event that has picked up details in the retelling"

I am personally offended to these accusations. To read your post it sounds as if you are declaring me, as OP, a hoaxer and embellishing these quotes. I reprinted them exactly as they are in the book I referenced. As a moderator I think you should at least use some good sentence structure such as: "I think this source, Don Wilson, is embelleshing the facts" or "the retelling by de Lafayette could be a hoax." The way you put it is personally attacking and it is not appreciated.

Your quote "a story with a number of undocumented keypoints presented as fact." Again, see above statement.

I have zero problem with those who attack the information as presented. I have great respect for Phage. It's been my experience he attacks the information not the informant. I think this moderator could take a cue from Phage.

I have always had a good experience with the staff on ATS. Perhaps, in the heat of the moment this poster forgot they were a mod, to which we should hold the highest standards. Attacking a memeber goes against your own T & C. You should claify your point immediately.

Again, to my fellow ATSers - I personally have not embellished these quotes in the the least; they are re-printed as is. If there is a hoaxer, it's not this member - I assure you.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The OP's post means JACK ALL. He may have well just made the entire thing up. Not one valid source. Myspace.com/alienman2009 is a more promising reference.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jools

For the record, I do believe that they're out there. I even belive that they're here and likely have been for a very long time now. I've seen 1 UFO in my life and would never say it was from another planet but it was quite strange.

Anyways, I just think that Occams razor would deduce to any mention of Santa on Christmas, to simply mean Santa and nothing more.

BTW, welcome to ATS. Be well.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

Yeah the Santa thing...funny and interesting.

Thanks for your welcome...I like it here!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
i find it strange that the "aliens" are always lit up like christmas trees in these encounters. it feels counter intuitive.

when we study wild life we use a hide to observe in as natural a setting as possible. why would aliens constantly advertise their presence by lighting their ships so garishly if their goal is observation?

great thread OP, interesting account, i look forward to the quotes.

Where do you hide in the wide open vastness of space?

It's not like there are hills and trees to hide behind.

Are you being serious though?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
reply to post by Whisper67

I love this story, one of the classic moon base conspiracies.
I just wish we had something to go by to know that the transmission was real, like them admitting it now.
Well, Buzz does at least:

Too bad he mentions nothing about the saucers on the moon, only the one following him.

I saw this video too. Seems compelling and the words are straight from Aldrin's mouth. Must be true. Add mood lighting, a backing track and 1000s of views on You Tube and it gains credibility. The interview has been heavily edited...

This unedited video tells a different story...

What did we see? We saw one of the four panels.

The Larry King interview is verbatim; no edits.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join