It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 11 Armrstrong “These babies were huge, sir!”

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
i find it strange that the "aliens" are always lit up like christmas trees in these encounters. it feels counter intuitive.

when we study wild life we use a hide to observe in as natural a setting as possible. why would aliens constantly advertise their presence by lighting their ships so garishly if their goal is observation?

great thread OP, interesting account, i look forward to the quotes.

I would guess sometimes the light emoting from the craft is the power source.

Not anything related to optimizing field of vision.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Whisper67

The craters at each LZ were named, so they wouldn't have to say "you, know, that crater over there".
Here is "Buster" with his "blocks"

The glass being discussed is found in a lot of moon rocks, it is the result of asteroid impacts.

Lunar breccias range from glassy vitrophyre melt rocks, to glass-rich breccia, to regolith breccias. The vitrophyres are dominantly glassy rocks that represent impact melt sheets that fill large impact structures.

en.wikipedia.org...

EMU= Extravehicular Mobility Unit (space suit)
en.wikipedia.org...

PLSS=Primary Life Support System
en.wikipedia.org...

Domes are volcanic domes. They were there to study geology after all.

A lunar dome is a type of shield volcano that is found on the surface of the Earth's Moon.

en.wikipedia.org...
In geology, the term structure refers to a formation, not a building.

Code? Give me a break. Taking quotes out of context and saying there is something fishy going on is weak. There's no excuse for not knowing the abbreviations for the equipment. The guy that came up with that is grasping for straws.

Here are the transcripts of Apollo 16. The stuff that guy comes up with is there. If you see it in context you can see the guy is an idiot.
www.jsc.nasa.gov...

Thank you Phage. Saved me the trouble.

This is not code it is more properly called Lingo I believe. If you were to listen to two Geologists in the field talking you would think they were talking in a foreign language.

It is this type of mischaracterization that interferes with real research into these topics.

Every Trade, Craft or Profession has its own language. It is not "code" nor is it to hide anything. Most of that conversation made sense to me because I was a Geology Major shortly after that. Of course they were excited about what they were seeing, because they were defining the Geology of the Moon for the first time.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

So you are saying that these military men were actually geologists?
I thought they were soldiers.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

No. But they had quite a bit of training in geology before their flights.

Long before the Apollo crews were chosen in the late 60s, many of the astronauts underwent instruction in geology in both a classroom setting and in a comprehensive series of field trips.

gsa.confex.com...

Beginning in March 1964, the Apollo astronauts participated in a number of geology field trips designed, firstly, to introduce the astronaut corps to geologic concepts and, latterly, to give crews assigned to specific missions detailed training in the types of observations they might expect to make on the Moon.

history.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Okay, so a life-long soldier who has been forced to go to geology class gets excited enough about volcanic geology that he nearly craps himself?

(Doesn't matter much to me, I'm just stoking the fire.)

I actually doubt very much that they ever saw any bases on the moon.
I'm more interested in what sort of craft, if any, that they saw either on the way, while there or on the way home.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

They were trained observers. The main point of their entire mission was the study of the Geology of the Moon.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
S&F

Great thread, very interesting information!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Like I said, I have no doubts they were there to study the Geology of the moon. I just don't think they would be super DUPER excited about seeing volcanic glass in the rock.
I'm wondering why we get these accounts of Armstrong "clasping the arm of Aldrin" while he exclaims about such and such.
There is a lot of cryptic stuff surrounding what they saw while there.

I would just like to know, without a doubt, what they saw and what was recorded on the in-flight recorders.

I don't believe for a second they walked up on a lunar base. I'm more interested in what they saw in regards to any craft while out there.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

And since you mention trained observers...
Why is it that people can discredit military men as trained observers when it suits them and then claim such when it suits them also?

Take note skeptics, that is the double standard we speak of regularly.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by badkarma90
reply to post by pieman

But they arent really advertising themselves, at least i dont think they are.

I dont think they have a choice about the lights. Maybe whatever they travel in is made of light or energy? They always seem to keep their distance, as if not to scare us, but they also dont seem to mind if we do see them.

I guess they realize that all it does is stir up curiosity, and theyre just aloof to it.

At least thats what i would do.

Maybe to them, humankind is no different than we riding a tour plane over a herd of cattle.

Not a one line post.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR

Like I said, I have no doubts they were there to study the Geology of the moon. I just don't think they would be super DUPER excited about seeing volcanic glass in the rock.
I'm wondering why we get these accounts of Armstrong "clasping the arm of Aldrin" while he exclaims about such and such.
There is a lot of cryptic stuff surrounding what they saw while there.

I would just like to know, without a doubt, what they saw and what was recorded on the in-flight recorders.

I don't believe for a second they walked up on a lunar base. I'm more interested in what they saw in regards to any craft while out there.

and the infamous: "we have a bogey...." I highly doubt there were rock formations flying through the air. There is something up there.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SlinkyDFW

And of course "bogey" is regularly referred to as another pilot in the same airspace.
I mean, Aldrin has gone on record saying that it was a panel they were looking at.
My question is; If you know what it is, why do you speak of it as if it is a potential enemy?
And of course this question applies to all astronauts across the board.

This is what I'm getting at, they are too cryptic with their correspondance in my eyes. Why don't we get access to their in-board dialogue?

Because they are hiding something, that is why. And there is no denying this basic logical follow.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

The statement was from Frank Borman on Gemini VII in 1965. Unrelated to any lunar mission.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR

My question is; If you know what it is, why do you speak of it as if it is a potential enemy?
And of course this question applies to all astronauts across the board.

In fighter pilot parlance, a bogey is something who's identity is unknown. An unrecognized friendly is a bogey. Until it becomes identified, it is a bogey.

An identified enemy is a bandit.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Here's the transcript of the report:

Spacecraft: Gemini-7 here. Houston, how do you read?

Capcom: Loud and clear, Seven, go ahead.

Spacecraft: Bogey at 10 o'clock high.

Capcom: This is Houston. Say again, seven.

Spacecraft: Said we have a bogey at 10 o'clock high.

Capcom: Roger, Gemini 7, is that the booster or is that an actual sighting?

Spacecraft: We have several, looks like debris up here. Actual sighting.

Capcom: You have any more information? Estimate distance and speed?

Spacecraft: We also have the booster in sight.

Capcom: Understand you also have the booster in sight. Roger.

Spacecraft: Yeah, have a very, very many -- look like hundreds of little particles banked on the left out about 3 to 4 miles.

www.jsc.nasa.gov...

[edit on 3/19/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

The statement was from Frank Borman on Gemini VII in 1965. Unrelated to any lunar mission.

Just making a point, that NASA, Astronauts, and our Government, are involved in one of the biggest cover ups of our lifetimes, and there are so many people that cannot see it.

As Jay just mentioned, control panel or not, you don't yell out "we have a bogey" when you refer to a panel. It's PILOT jargon, which he is, telling NASA that he has an unknown "target" that he wasn't willing to elaborate on. They're PILOTS first, then Astronauts, then geoligists, scientists, or whatever.

Same thing with Armstrong, Aldrin, and the others. Code or not, "Santa Claus" must be real, unless they have identified a unique rock formation that resembles jolly old St. Nick.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Has anyone actually read the Apollo transcripts and not just used second hand quotes. I have and there is nothing about UFO's. They do talk about how the boulders are on the moon though. Try read the actual transcripts from beginning to end. You will be surprised at how much of these so called conversations from the apollo missions that are being used as proof of aliens are bogus.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Armstrong and Aldrin did not call in a bogey.

Yes, Santa Claus is real. Ask my daughter. He comes every Christmas, you know December 25th, when the statement was made?

[edit on 3/19/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes, as I said. A bogey is a POTENTIAL enemy. Not a known enemy.

Unidentified.

What is your objection to my post?

I agree with you on the Santa Claus statement though.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I am getting sick of all of these UFO threads. We know aliens exist, it is now time to take the next step. Disclosure. Stand up to congressmen and senators, contact nasa become your own reporter. We can do this but it will never be done if we rely on the media or these government organizations.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join