It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 11 Armrstrong “These babies were huge, sir!”

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by munkey66

I've always thought ET's(if they exist) might be rather...ehh how to put it lightly,stupid.As if they made a quantum leap in technology without knowing how the technology *really* operates,likes us discovering electricity without knowing about protons,atoms,dimensions,quantum entanglement etc etc either that or they simply think far too differently for us to even begin to comprehend(understandably being et's and all that) or are primitive in emotions...anyway off topic,still great read.Cheers

No you got it backwards. It is we are are stupid compared to them.

trust me

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
For those arguing about lights on UFOs and why they wouldn't need them:

How in the world would you know this? Why wouldn't they? If you were flying around the interior of say, a larger ship, those would be mighty handy, I'd think, rather than bumping into walls or other ships. They may not simply be for light. It could be a result of propulsion, or even data collection (e.g. how we use light pulses to move information).

There could be plenty of reasons crafts would have lights. To say there is no reason for a spacecraft to have lighting seems ridiculous. That's wild speculation, and an incredibly feeble attempt at discretiting sightings. I never really understood that one.

"Oh.. we know nothing about them at all, or that they even exist, but we DO know they sure don't need lights!"

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by blujay
Great thread, Whisper!

Can you believe there are ding-a-lings that are still so overwhelmingly egotistical thinking 'humans' are the only life existing in these universes?

Can you post proof that we aren't? Ding-a-ling.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jools
And interestingly enough the 'sightings' of UFO's has increased dramatically in the last few years when we have been in space much more.

So have users on the Internet, Rick-Roll pranks and video's of dogs stealing cars on Youtube.

So the ratio is easily going to go up.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by KIRKSTERUK]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by KIRKSTERUK
The OP's post means JACK ALL. He may have well just made the entire thing up. Not one valid source. Myspace.com/alienman2009 is a more promising reference.

The OP is a SHE. I provided my source documentation.
Our Mysterious Spaceship Moon - Don Wilson (out of print)

Our Mysterious Spaceship Moon - Don Wilson - used on Amazon starts at $120.00

EXTRATERRESTRIALS, UFO, NASA-CIA-ALIENS MIND BOGGLING THEORIES, STORIES AND REPORTS: Anunnaki, Zeta Reticuli, Area 51, Abductees, Whistleblowers, Conspirators. The Real & THE FAKE (Paperback)

If you'd read through the entire thread you'd find supporting arguments as well as some good debate.

I'm still reading through all of the replies but, I must say "thank you" to both sides of the argument of whether NASA attempted to cover up communications or these quotes are useless without knowing the entire context.

I greatly appreciate the support and the collaborative effort of all those taking this seriously. The weblinks and video will take me some time to sift through but, I look forward to reviewing it all. It's a compelling arguement. I also liked the point being brought up of is there a consipracy with the moon landing or with the Apollo missions seeing UFOs. We can't have it both ways but, I think we have to look at each issue separately. Tear it apart and debate it. In true ATS fashion, this is how we come closer to the truth on our own. We have some awesome tech and professional brains on ATS. Each on both sides of the argument.

[edit on 3/19/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

ive seen this stuff and vids before, never thought to make a thread

good job Whisper, and ty

ive always believed this material to be true

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If the damned thing is a panel why in the world would buzz tell that story so many times with a tone of voice that makes the whole thing sound like a mystery?

He did it again on the Larry King show. King had to ask him to get to the point a few times in the story because he was insistent on making it sound like more than it was.
Unfortunate.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

No offence to anyone...but this light thing...I know I should take it seriously...but I can't...
The thought of Greys flying round in a craft with spotlights....it just makes me laugh....
Ok so maybe they have lights...
And we do see craft with lights. I still think the more 'uniform' to the craft the lighting is, the more logical it seems that it's military.

other forms could be energy pulses of some kind...who knows. It would be a great thing if we could just get a real clear picture of some of the stranger craft. Why is it every picture we see is blurred / out of focus or is bandied about all over the place due to shaking cellphones etc....there must be some serious watchers out there with tripods...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KIRKSTERUK

So True!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
i find it strange that the "aliens" are always lit up like christmas trees in these encounters. it feels counter intuitive.

when we study wild life we use a hide to observe in as natural a setting as possible. why would aliens constantly advertise their presence by lighting their ships so garishly if their goal is observation?

great thread OP, interesting account, i look forward to the quotes.

Is it possible that to the aliens themselves that they cannot see the type of light they are creating? There for they cannot see themselves?

They are probably thinking on the lines of "If I cant see me you cant either."

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67

The OP's post means JACK ALL. He may have well just made the entire thing up. Not one valid source. Myspace.com/alienman2009 is a more promising reference.

The OP is a SHE. I provided my source documentation. If you'd read through the entire thread you'd find supporting arguments as well as some good debate.

You ever get the feeling some members read one word of the opening thread then just quickly hit that post button? ::sigh::

I'm still reading through all of the replies but, I must say "thank you" to both sides of the argument of whether NASA attempted to cover up communications or these quotes are useless without knowing the entire context.

I greatly appreciate the support and the collaborative effort of all those taking this seriously. The weblinks and video will take me some time to sift through but, I look forward to reviewing it all. It's a compelling arguement. I also liked the point being brought up of is there a consipracy with the moon landing or with the Apollo missions seeing UFOs. We can't have it both ways but, I think we have to look at each issue separately. Tear it apart and debate it. In true ATS fashion, this is how we come closer to the truth on our own. We have some awesome tech and professional brains on ATS. Each on both sides of the argument.

There's not one shred of truth only suggestion and no solid source of anything alien whatsoever. I could make a post about how you broke into my house and replaced my working Xbox 360 with your broken one. All your audience needs to do is believe it enough for someone to start flagging SUGGESTION that something really happened and off you go. Thankfully there's posters who aren't as gullible.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

I don't hear any tone of mystery. I hear a guy who loves telling a story. I'd like to sit down with him and a beer and listen to more.

He's amused that people thought Armstrong and he were talking about a UFO.

[edit on 3/19/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This is some extremely wierd footage from the Apollo 8 orbit of the moon. It looks like some kind of tower, or smoke stack ejecting some material. We're led to believe that the moon is essentially dead so it cant be any geological or volcanic activity.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Why not build a base on the moon?

If I were an Alien.....I'd stay on the moon. Why would I come down here? If I did come down here to look around, I would certainly need lights. I would probably already have the technology to monitor radio, TV, satleiite commuinications, etc.

Stay on the moon....it's safe there.

I wouldn't have to dodge missiles that are flying around everywhere...
I wouldn't have to run from the scared redneck with a rifle....
I wouldn't have to elude the bombs falling all over the middle east...
I wouldn't have to outrun the British jets trying to shoot me down...
I wouldn't have to hide from the fanatics that want to examine me...
I wouldn't have to worry about flying into our polluted air...
I wouldn't have to worry about being paraded on TV in shackles...

I wouldn't have to worry about the Governments lying to me telling me they will protect me...

I'd be scared of us too.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Originally posted by jpvskyfreak

This is intriguing, especially when there are transcripts etc .

However.....

The "splice" RE; NASA Public Affairs Officer saying CMP John Youngs name

(At 4:55 )

...... " with John Young "

I heard

......" put John Young "

RE; The comment ascribed CDR Thomas Stafford ........

(At 5:29)

" You wouldn`t believe this Frank "

I heard

" You wouldn`t belive this thing"

Did anyone else find this......... ?

I did! they say 'this', not 'Frank'.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

In 1979 Maurice Chatelain, former chief of NASA Communications Systems confirmed that Armstrong had indeed reported seeing two UFOs on the rim of a crater. “The encounter was common knowledge in NASA,” he revealed, “but nobody has talked about until now.”

It seems odd that Chatelain's name does not appear on the Apollo Monument. Even Clarke McClelland shows up as working for a contractor.

Nor does it appear on the Gemini and Mercury Monuments.

Seems odd that a "chief of NASA Communications" would not appear as having participated in any of the programs.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I don't understand how they heard "music" on the Moon. The Moon has no atmosphere, and therefore sound can not be heard on its surface.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by UnconventionalRyan1990

The "video" is not an actual video at all. It is from a NOVA episode which used a single still photo and zoomed in on it.

Source

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

There's not one shred of truth only suggestion and no solid source of anything alien whatsoever. I could make a post about how you broke into my house and replaced my working Xbox 360 with your broken one. All your audience needs to do is believe it enough for someone to start flagging SUGGESTION that something really happened and off you go. Thankfully there's posters who aren't as gullible.

My audience? I am not that important. This is a forum. And this thread has evolved to everyone posting other related source documentation (for and against) so again, not MY audience.

The quotes were gathered from ham radio operators. Not my interpertation or perception.

Our Mysterious Spaceship Moon - Don Wilson (out of print)

Our Mysterious Spaceship Moon - Don Wilson - used on Amazon starts at $120.00

EXTRATERRESTRIALS, UFO, NASA-CIA-ALIENS MIND BOGGLING THEORIES, STORIES AND REPORTS: Anunnaki, Zeta Reticuli, Area 51, Abductees, Whistleblowers, Conspirators. The Real & THE FAKE (Paperback)

[edit on 3/19/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

Whisper , we have 6 pages of discussion, pro/con

Dont let a bridge dweller ruin your OP

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join