It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 90
<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
reply to post by nenothtu

Honey....
did you miss the fact that Scurvy came and posted on both threads???

I know I was exploring all the possibilities of freezing time. LOL

Yup, I missed it. had to edit that post. That's what I get for charging in here with my eyes wide shut. eh?

Edit - Now I gotta edit THIS post to add: Thanks, Scurvy! I've been sitting on the post I just made to the story thread a week, and the suspense was killing me! The way your post was written, I didn't have to change anything.

I rarely ever write my stuff up ahead of time, preferring to play off of the other characters and situation at hand, but this post jumped into my head one night, and wouldn't let me go to sleep until I typed it up.

[edit on 2009/5/20 by nenothtu]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Of course we care if you write! Who else is going to get me liquored and save our butts from annihilation in the nick of time?

Ye be appreciated on this sloop m'dear.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Scurvy

Awe your just saying that because I like your tentacles.

(looks over shoulder to see Whisper steaming at her)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
OK I had to do some quick fixes let me know if it flows.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
reply to post by Scurvy

Awe your just saying that because I like your tentacles.

(looks over shoulder to see Whisper steaming at her)

Hey, I can't fault anyone for admiring those handsome tentacles! Hmm...if Whisper were to steam ~ would her fog emitters involuntary engage like a sneeze you just can't hold back?

mf_luder - wanted you to know I checked out your your thread a few nights ago and enjoyed it! Bravo!

*Made an edit to my previous working thread post

[edit on 5/20/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Looks like you and I are about to join Studious, what with the disembodies voices in the head and all! I hope he's got a fridge full of beer.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Yeah it all started when I was a kid I played with my imaginary playmate.
hmmm or was it maybe when I was a teen and I imagined a playmate

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Antar,

Here is a rough proof of concept for the redesigned shuriken blade based on your Fleur - De- Lis. Before I go farther with it is it acceptable for a blade design? Note that the shiny parts are the cutting edges.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aba00e3fbd06.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Deson]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Deason I love the Fleur de lis! Now could you imagine getting hit with one of those babies?

One thing, what is the empty spot in the middle/ Is there going to be something significant there??? Hint...

Also how does it strap onto my arm? Wrist or up to my elbow?

Otherwise I will buy two!

Edit to say good night and that I wrote ":Flu" De Lis... Lol!

[edit on 20-5-2009 by antar]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Deason my kids aprove but thought at first it looked like a high tec Kunai (sp)??? I then explained how the 'stars' shoot out from the blades and do all kinds of cool stunts... LOL they loved it.

I really am blessed with true ATSKids.com

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Deason I love the Fleur de lis! Now could you imagine getting hit with one of those babies?

One thing, what is the empty spot in the middle/ Is there going to be something significant there??? Hint...

Also how does it strap onto my arm? Wrist or up to my elbow?

Otherwise I will buy two!

Edit to say good night and that I wrote ":Flu" De Lis... Lol!

[edit on 20-5-2009 by antar]

I was mainly concerned with how you liked the blade itself. The "Handle" on it is just a place holder and will undergo quite a bit of modification. I figure that there will be 8 blades like this connected up to a handle that will have a centrifugal clutch. Press a couple of buttons to release it and then throw. The blades will snap out in mid air and lock as it rotates. You will also have the option of simply throwing it with it being it still being locked and it would act like a knife with multiple blades all pointing forwards. I'm also figuring on showing a little scabbard that you can clip onto a belt to carry several of these safely and ready for use.

The black circle that you see is just a result of the fact that part of the handle is really made of a cylinder that's intersected with a flattened cube and since it's 2 parts the texture does different things to each part. One thing that I do plan on putting into the handle is a weight towards the end holding the blade. Probably where that "circle" that you see is. It'll help it spin better and give it better penetration. I can show a wireframe screenshot (so that you can see how things look from my end when I'd designing if you'd like).

As far as ejecting it from you arm well, that's not really a design aspect of it. Hmmm that idea does remind me of my razor shield idea that I designed a number of years ago for a friend who wanted me to build it for real, but I didn't have access to the parts or tools for it.

Don't worry about your spelling of the Fleur. I don't know about you but it's late in the evening for me and I couldn't tell you how many spelling errors I've made just typing this post. Glad that your kids like the general idea.

-Deson

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Cindymars has a U2U to read - and a command from the Yydryl to stop eating the tequila worm.

Care?
Not a bit.
We care a LOT!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

LOL ...
Hey you guys, as I said to my lil alien pal here, it probably came off as a pathetic appeal for sympathy, MY BAD
just insecurity, that's all.
There are some phenomenal writers here. IMO

I have never eaten the worm, do you get really messed up?
Now I want a worm.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Sympathy?
Not at all you Blue Goddess you

By the way we have to get together before to long at the Swamp.
Captain Loam said you might want a hand in there.

Also - you'll have to give me some ideas how you want the bar at Ship Center R&R area.
What theme?
Something GREEN though please.
I don‘t do the cool stuff Deson does, I‘m stricktly plant based.
So, what‘ll it be Leisure Officer Mars?
Jungle? Aztec Temple? Beach Party - where maybe even the Whales can hang out for a shooter?

What *atmosphere* would you like to work in at that bar?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
How do you get a husband out of bed in the morning on a rare weekday off work? Those are all very good answers, some questionable lol, however the answer is: to see the new Star Trek movie! Of course! Tix before noon on Fri-Sat-Sun are only 5 bucks so you combine frugal with Sci-Fi and he is there! I can join the ranks of you that have already been. May also squeeze in Terminator as well this weekend.

Yesterday was a blast. Got to drive my personal vehicle on the actual Indy 500 track! Even if you are not a racing fan, it's an awe inspirinig activity just seeing the immensity of the worlds largest one day sporting event from the drivers point of view. Really made me miss my 1980 Trans Am. Eeep, I just dated myself didn't I? ::hides::

EDIT: Add - The member I attempted to recruit to the opera, Tentikles, is now a member of the ATS Press Corp! I've always enjoyed her posts and found her to be an intelligent, thoughtful writer. So, she will be unable to join our collaboration. I am so happy for her achievement and look forward to her reporting!

[edit on 5/21/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Why can't she be a member of the thread? I thought that the Press Corp were members. Or am I mistaken? Is there some sort of conflict of interest involved? Or would it simply be a matter of setting aside the time?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Deason do you mean that when I hold it up it can also become a shield? Very cool idea!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Tenticles would have been a great addition! Ah well, we cant push the stream...

I have a huge weekend ahead and an interview set up about 95 miles away from my home this weekend, but late nights I can pop in and lend a few lines as it seems the next scene is mine... I have a few questions:

WHO in RL is Ashers charater? Who is writing the lines for him? Is there someplace in the opera that I have missed which will give me an idea of how asher looks so that I can do my analysis of his body?

Also what are his charater traits, will he be anry, scared, fighting when he lands in the RB?

Thanks , I have my Grandpas 94th and my sons 14th today, tilling the corn field, planting corn, setting up the pool, baking a cake, shopping, running to the feed store for 'wormer' for the cats... among a million other things like cleaning house doing laundry and caretaking everyone!

Tomorrow I have the first "Teen" party to throw, and all that prep, setting up tents in the backyard getting the firepit ready, the horseshoe area, and doing the food prep for a house full of hungry teens, so I will be in and out.

IF I AM NEEDED in the Opera, I could use some U2us with ideas and the questions answered above by the crew of the Pen.

Thanks Julie D.
No time for spell chk

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Deson

Deason do you mean that when I hold it up it can also become a shield? Very cool idea!

no. no. no. Sorry to dissapoint. These folding throwing stars are gonna be only about 4 inches in diameter so no using them as a shield. I'm sorry but it would not be workable to have throwing stars the size of shields. What I was refering to was something that I actually wanted to make based on a dream that a friend had.

This would be a "Use once and pick it up after the fight to re use afterwords) weapon.

What is is a small round shield ( roughly 8 to 10 inches in diameter). Large enough to block a sword swing but not to heavy. On it would be a lever underneath the shield and several "holes" along the outer rim of the circular shield. It's strapped onto your left forearm. You point you arm at a target, squeeze the lever and the shield flies at it's target like a Frisbee. As it rotates razor sharp blades deploy out of the holes making for a "chainsaw" effect when it hits. The range would be only 20 feet at max, but very devastating.

-Deson

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Thats what I thought too Deson, the shield opens to block swords and bullets, some lighter fare laser weapons, not big, maybe sandwich size as it opens?
As for recouping the blades, YUCK, I will keep a supply of them as backup... Pulling them out of a brain or somewhere is not my idea of Friendly...

ANYONE lead me to understand ASHER???

top topics

<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join