It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

I think that's a great Idea. Now I have to figure out a back story for my character

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
To be honest, somedays I'll find myself thinking about this story more than my actual one and I'll start coming up with backstory on Luder, but not something I want to throw into the story or that would be fit for the background thread, so I figured what the hell? I'll just make my own mf_luder thread - lol.

That led into the idea for one for all of us to throw into.

Hope everyone likes it. The new Canon background thread can be found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I need a reference point - what year is it now in the opera Universe?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

That was the date I gave at the beginning. Masqua put it at the beginning of the actual story thread.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
hey my last post is now up in the thread!!

I am going to take a leave from ATS for awhile. Something has upset me here as never before!!

Love working with ya - been fun!!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

QA really lovely post in the story, it made me feel nice. Don't let any online stuff get you down. We will miss you come back anytime into the story.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
I am going to take a leave from ATS for awhile. Something has upset me here as never before!!

What upset you?
A leave from ATS as a whole?

I hope it wasn't me somehow.

Anyway, I hope your feeling better.

Originally posted by mf_luder
Hope everyone likes it. The new Canon background thread can be found here:

Just so I know, is the UEF Background Data to be written in chronological order?

Another question, has anyone from Earth that hasn't been turned into U-man Jerky met the Regellians before? Do we have diplomatic relations already or is this "First Contact?"

[edit on 19-5-2009 by Studious]

[edit on 19-5-2009 by Studious]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
hey my last post is now up in the thread!!

Love working with ya - been fun!!

You take care of yourself whatever the problem is. Check back with the thread from time to time. If nothing else to give yourself a good read.

Take care.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
My gun has to be really smooth and sleek. It looks more like a silver pistol with a longer barrell. It has the ability to scortch through any material with the circumference of about a 5 foot in diameter circle and shoot with pinpoint accuracy up to a two and a half mile distance.

It is made of a highly polished material not found on earth but has the look of a cross between palladium and platinum. It has several different emmiters which can be used for close up and for less agrivated assault, even stun.

It is very light weight and easy to handle if you know what you are doing.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by antar]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
antar - in your last post I'm curious as to if you had beat Darus & Durin, your security detail, to the RB since they weren't mentioned during the appearance of this mysterious entity. Since they weren't mentioned, it makes sense to me that they had not yet arrived.

Scurvy - will you be using the captains badge while you are interrix?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are some weapons pics I found that may or may not be useful:

These are available to everyone in my media portal in the "Opera" folder. I think #3 looks most alien however, cartoonish. Antar, I still need to look for throwing stars and I recall seeing some pistols that may fit your description. I'll see what I can do.

[edit on 5/19/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
My gun has to be really smooth and sleek. It looks more like a silver pistol with a longer barrell. It has the ability to scortch through any material with the circumference of about a 5 foot in diameter circle and shoot with pinpoint accuracy up to a two and a half mile distance.

It is made of a highly polished material not found on earth but has the look of a cross between palladium and platinum. It has several different emmiters which can be used for close up and for less agrivated assault, even stun.

It is very light weight and easy to handle if you know what you are doing.

oh my. This should prove to be a interesting challenge. I can visual in my mind parts of it now it's a matter of putting it together. Unfortunately my color vision problems will need a bit more research since I don't know the exact color of Palladium and Platinum. I can do a sort of mottled silver easily enough. Would that be suitable? One thing for certain judging from your description of the color and materials used it won't be organic.

By the way, I think I may have figured out how to make a folding shuriken for you. I can get to work on that tonight prior to my medication kicking in and if I don't have anything tonight then tomorrow for sure on the shurikens.

What I'm picturing for the shuriken layout is this. The blades would be stored in a locked in position. Basically pointing downwards. Upon pressing a button in the center the blades would deploy and rotate via spring action into the "Throwing" shape. I figure that blades would be somewhat either chisel shaped or extremely pointed in something like almost a leaf pattern. Each blade would have most of it's mass at two points. One thicker area toward the rear (where it joins with other blades for strength) The other area would be near the cutting end to increase rotational torque when it hits.

I figure no more than 8 blades otherwise there is a good chance you wouldn't be able to hold and throw it without cutting yourself. The nice thing that I thought of just now concerning the folding shuriken is that each shuriken would fit into a small scabbard. With optional poison in the base of each if you so desire. Either with or without poison won't change the small scabbard look from the outside.

ok, first the shuriken (since I've already got it mostly figured out) then the pistol concept.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
OH my yes, love the shiriken (sp) idea! Go for it. As for the gun perhaps a two level one? I dont know it is light weight and no I did not see it as organic in any way either... Just do your best and we will make any changes that need to be, thankyou so much for all you do!!!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

Ohh I like the purple one! And no they have yet to arrive this all took place very fast and I am NOT going to tell anyone about it as my alter ego has just stepped up to the plate, she is a bit less docile and benovolent.

They should be arriving any moment. I will write them in. I FORGOT!!!

That medallion btw was given to me by a black sorceress before my time with the Zzysins. She actually was a teacher of mine long ago but her style was cruel and ruthless and I could not remain her student past the last battle of Valkyrie. It was life or death but I did not want to have to kill all of those birdlike humanoid beings...

Remember someone on board the Pen is the heir or ancestor to the Dark Lord...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Here is my concept for one of the blades itself. You'll note that it got more thickness toward either end for reasons that I referred to earlier. It's also got a rather pointy end for penetration and a pair of razor edges for more damage.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/85b7c2ecc4f5.jpg[/atsimg]

Hope it meets with your approval.

Edit to add: 2 level gun as in two different barrels? That can be done. For reasons of symmetry I would suggest one over the other.

Edit also to add: 6 blades or 8 on the shuriken?

[edit on 19-5-2009 by Deson]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Studious

The UEF Background Data thread does not need to be in chronological order at all.

It's just a compilation of information we can put together to be "canon" for the main story so there are no questions as to the exact history or existence of certain things or events.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Deason the shape is not what I see at this point, is it possible to try and turn the tips out and down with perhaps a barb on each tip? Almost like a Fleur De Les, you know that girlscout kind of Brittish looking shape that looks like a three prong clover?

Here is a link to some of my ideas...
www.google.com... &ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GFRB_enUS300US306&q=fleur+de+lis

Thanks, dont mean to be a pain in the arse, but these are my primary weapons for ahnd to hand battle. And also could I get them to where I can keep them in my hands as well? When I slash with them it is like a barbed knuckle punch, do you know what I mean?

Ty
Julie

Oops that link is not working it takes you back to google, I will try again.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Antar, was this what you were referring to?

Fleur de whatever

If so then I think the upper parts of it can be done. (The 3 "Blades") I think the lower part would create problems (like getting caught on things).

Edit to add: French makes my head hurt. (heads off to get some aspirin).

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I just posted a synopsis of “The Federation Galactographic Reference” in the UEF Background Data thread. If you see any glaring inconsistencies or problems, let me know before the edit timeout, and I'll fix it to order.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Studious

You hit what I was going for right on the nose Studious! I was planning on making all of the NI operatives I write about named after Greek mythological terms. That's cool you caught it.

Serious question to everyone: How long could someone theoretically survive in raw vacuum such as space? Just curious, as it doesn't really apply in Asher's case. I left it kinda vague how long it would take his suit to vent fully.

Hope someone pulls him out soon or his going to be one Enhanced popsicle...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Much as I'd like to do so, I'm a bit out of it for the moment (until morning). I figure though is that if there is something that you (or someone else) finds off perhaps you could submit a corrected version to our friendly Mod and request substitution.

new topics

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join