It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 92
<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Looking forward to reading about the Chief's history! Fleshing out the character's backgrounds tends to put them in 3D, so to speak, and tends to invest the reader more fully in them.

I don't think neno has enough of a conscience to suffer from PTSD. The voice in his head was probably from being crazy... or was it? Might also have been some bad 3 week old pizza he ate... or the crazy thing... or something else.

He DOES gots a secret aboard ship, though. Hee hee hee... haa haa (cough)
MWAHAHAHAHA!

[edit on 2009/5/21 by nenothtu]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Scurvy

I see you’ve made an announcement in Antar’s last post to *stand ready*.

Are you going to be heading over to talk with the U-Man now or are you staying on bridge to communicate with the Penelope for a bit?

I need a bead on where you are (headed) for a post I’m writing thanks...

thanks

[edit on 22-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I believe him and CM are on the bridge, in front of the view screen. See CMs last post, it shouldn't be too far back.

Have a good evening erm middle of the night, or day everyone!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Antar in the actual opera you stated the following:

Originally posted by antar

"Whisper is needed here so if she could send two of her best that would be fine with me."

And then in your last post you stated:

Antars entry light lit up and with it the two security personnel entered without welcome at the command of their head security Officer Whisper something that irritated antar yet she let it slide due to the gravity of the moment.

Without welcome? They were at your request. I'm confused, did I miss something? Your request for a security detail seemed very logical to me with the transport of another being onto the ship.

Edit: add:
And these were their orders:

Originally posted by Whisper67

“Security: Darus, Durin: you both are to report immediately to the Recovery Bay. Be advised, we may be transporting a life form aboard. Condition and species unknown. Assist Officer Antar in any way requested however, do no get in the way of her duties.”

[edit on 5/22/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Thanks Whisper - I wasn't sure if he *moved* since then - just need to check with him to see if he's going to check out the U-Man or remain on the bridge for a while.

Have a nice sleep!

Dream of the Space Opera!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

reply to post by Deson

Oh I just LOVE it Deson! Perfect I would not change a thing.

Thankyou so very much for all your work, this is really better than what I had first invisioned. Wow.

Julie

I appreciated the fact that it met with your approval. I well, spent a total of about 7 - 8 hours on it. 5 of it tonight. and on that note, it's night night for me. I'll get started on one of the other projects as soon as I can.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

Generally when someone approaches the doorway I signal for them to please enter, or at least that's how it has been through out the opera.

Also if you read my last posts I have taken another character into myself, she is my darker side and not a benevolent being, rather a nasty female warrior. When my character feels threatened this is the consequence.

She may be in the know about the Dark Lord and his approach. If we encounter his minions out there it is going to take all the battle experience necessary to come out alive.

Fact is, she has met the dark Lord on more than one occassion and the Medallion that was left upon her chest in one of the last scenes she reccognized as his symbol, that was why she threw it and went on without another mention of it for now.

Did that answer and solve your query or do you need further clarity?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

He is on the bridge with CM discussing whos fgoing for dinner at the request of the Pen as far as I know, better double check if there are questions, I like to check in here before the opera so if there are any needed changes I dont just rush in and write something on the spur of the moment...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deson

reply to post by Deson

Oh I just LOVE it Deson! Perfect I would not change a thing.

Thankyou so very much for all your work, this is really better than what I had first invisioned. Wow.

Julie

I appreciated the fact that it met with your approval. I well, spent a total of about 7 - 8 hours on it. 5 of it tonight. and on that note, it's night night for me. I'll get started on one of the other projects as soon as I can.

I already used it and would love to get it resized for other posts as well, please though only when you get some extra time. No hurry, I have introduced myself wearing it in my last post so no hurry. Next will be the bldes themselves in post but I will save that for use on someone...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Deson
Thank you for the download url for the graphic site (if that's the right term).

It's a whopping download but it looks like it's worth it.

I've been working with some really old software for manipulating my photos - now it's on to landscapes and something cool and new.

Thanks

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Antar -

A little *oops* here you might want to check out...

The stunned looking U-man was up and on his feet which was unexpected considering the amount of blood spilling out from his spacesuit and flooding the floor around him.

later

...body where she saw the blood draining from him.

Scurvy's post just before yours...

Surprisingly, the bleeding seemed to have stopped.

Oh shoot you left already - 6 mins ago.

Well maybe you can fix when you get back...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerOfAUTMN

No problem at all man! Again - ALL - the background thread is for everyone to place canonical background info in.

Feel free to add as you wish!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Ooohhhhh - So I can add basic story line background too..
How cool is that!
Thank you!

TEST PHOTO: Captain Loam - R&R *Captains* Garden

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1f488719edd8.jpg[/atsimg]

Edit to Edit photo...
Ok, so the bronze statue effect is still lost - but at least the Michael Landon hair got lost this time too...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Can someone check this out please?

I went back to page 2 of the Opera to check some pictures.

In trying to scroll down on page 2 - when I passed Loams post with the photos the screen froze.
I have to use task manager to get out of page and back here again.
I tried this and each time (3 times) the page either skewed the post or froze at that post.

Is it just me?

I’d HATE to think this might happen to a reader!

Thanks

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
TEST:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1db85da2ba08.jpg[/atsimg]

CindyMars "Goddess Statue"

Meditation Garden - Ship's Center

Hmm.... I dunno...

Whisper Can you give my the name of the character in your avatar or where you got the picture?
I'm having some real trouble getting that one on a body.
Haven't given up trying - but just sayin...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Those are some amazing statues! Especially the one of CM - Goddess-like she does look! Wow!

I think there's a few views of that pic of Whisper on photobucket. I'll find all I can and upload all of 'em on my media portal and put 'em in my opera folder. I have some now in the regular folder but they all have 'Whisper' etched on em. H.R. Giger never had a body connected to this work of art so... Make me into a fountain? lol !! If you need it, I'll scoot around and see if I can find anything that looks like Whispers body type but, don't hold your breath. I'll shoot you a U2U when I have those head shots up.

Speaking of avatars, I miss my old ATS one sometimes. I wish there was a way to freeze our avatar and our 'mood' with each posting as I've always adjusted this to match Whispers mood on the Yydryl. Alas, this is impossible. May be comical in the coming years as we all change our avatars!

My busy holiday weekend starts today with a Star Trek viewing this morning, an Indy Lights race this afternoon, and a trip to the store to stock up on food and libations before the world arrives at my doorstep tomorrow and raids everything! I will commit to getting those pics up today, I just dunno when but they'll be there before I sleep.

CM - loved your last post and the idea of having the humans for dinner. Erm, I mean over for dinner. They may want to come check on Asher themselves as well as there being such a low population of writers *gasp* only four of us now on the Yydryl. Hopefully, all of us writers on the Yydryl will be able to attend.

Antar - and to everyone really - feel free to do as you wish with any NPC I create. With that I'd also like to add I hope Darus comes away unscathed as he is my choice for a new 2nd. I have a feeling when Whisper goes to review Molochs professional record and even his assignment to the Yydryl, it will be suspect and he will be demoted and perhaps thrown in the brig.

Silo, I wonder if he's the one that's been poisioning us. Or, if you recall, I think QA had a nasty npc character as her handler. That or the implications could be even more menacing! Moloch will be dealt with later on as I feel, for me, any additional sub plots at this juncture with the Penny crew & Yydryl crew meeting and dialoging for the first time would disrupt flow.

Enjoy your holiday weekend to those here in the states. To those not, enjoy your weekend too! If anyone gets a chance on Sunday, turn on the race for a sec and see where I live. I reside just ten blocks north of the track and will get on my roof and wave at all of you!

[edit on 5/22/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

How cool is that!
I was thinking of you as a fountain!
I'm sooo psyched now.

I went to your profile to look for pics but, silly me, I don't know how to get into your pictures?

I've stuck all my photo work for the Space Opera on *friends only* as I'd rather the public doesn't see any surprises...

Anyway, Whisper I'll see what i can find or please just U2U me a url for a pic you like.
Thankers!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yes I caught that as soon as I reread my post after it posted, I do that sometimes, I dont proof read before posting... Thanks for the heads up, I did go asap and rewrite the bit to fit his post, lol! I was like SHEETS! I MESSED UP BIG time.

Ah well, life in the big Opera we have all made some cross overs that defied all logic.

I would have liked to and would still like to discuss with Asher how he sees this moving along.

At present, neither of us trust one another, Our translators are not working properly, I just attempted to communicate telepathically with him, but does his implant keep him from communicating this way or does he read my advances into his thoughts as a mere distraction or intrusion?

Will he allow me to scan and mend him up or will he not be open to my help?

He is doing very well considering he was on the brink of death only moments before.

So many questions...

Seeker, lets talk if you have time...

I have my sons 14 year old party today, but after the kids all get going I can hide away to the comp, maybe and we can work on this together.

Julie D.

Edit to say I love your work silo! Very awe inspiring stuff

Can you get some for me at a later date?

[edit on 22-5-2009 by antar]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

As far as getting the pics re sized for posting, what your seeing is the full sized pic so all you have to do is "quote" my post here, select the link to the image that you want and paste it into your post in the main thread. I've been doing that for a little while to make it easier for others to use as they see fit. Or at least I've done that with the pistols and the shuriken design since I started thinking that people would might want to use these directly.
Oh incidentally, if you need a particluar size let me know in how many Pixels you want it and I can render it to suit. The rendering itself doesn't take all that long (usually) it's the construction and texture work that takes the longest.

Edit to add:

Silo13, I've looked at page 2 of the thread and I didn't have any problems with viewing them. Maybe you need to clear out your cache or maybe try a different browser. That might help.

oh and no problem with the download one of the nice things is that I will be able to send you constructed models that you can import and use in your version of Bryce. I would also (assuming that you get the program) getting a membership in Renderosity.com once you have a free membership you can access a LOT of free downloadable stuff for Bryce including Models and textures for example.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by Deson]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I think that's a great idea. It's hard trying to write segments without putting words into another writer's mouth.

By the way everyone, I'm going to be gone for about a week so don't panic if I don't get a post up. Hopefully I will be able to get some form of internet connection going, but it doesn't look likely at this point.

I will be back soon, so don't kill me off if you can help it.

top topics

<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join