It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 93
<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Silo, Cool pictures! What a concept, having a huge jungle garden inside a spacefaring vessel. It's like Eden on wheels..er... something like wheels... Eden in motion! Neno would feel right at home there, assuming he were conscious, and there weren't any giant horned snakes around. Unless he was hungry, which he usually is...

I went and looked at your gallery. The picture of SILO is awesome! Now I can put a face with the character. I'm wondering about the hair, though. Don't your posts describe it as spiky and purple? The 4 eyed concept, with motile eyestalks, is intruguing, The stationary eyes are pretty big, indicating you were engineered to function in low light. About those motile stalks... are they prehensile enough that you can look behind yourself as the other eyes are looking forward if you wanted to? 360 degree vision.. what a concept! That would make it nearly impossible to sneak up on you.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Silo13, I've looked at page 2 of the thread and I didn't have any problems with viewing them. Maybe you need to clear out your cache or maybe try a different browser. That might help.

Than you tons for checking that out - I wanted to make sure anyone serfing by to read the Opera didn't get *froze-up* and then not want to return!
Thanks again
I'll let you know how my bryce goes!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

What a concept, having a huge jungle garden inside a spacefaring vessel. It's like Eden on wheels..er... something like wheels... Eden in motion! Neno would feel right at home there, assuming he were conscious, and there weren't any giant horned snakes around. Unless he was hungry, which he usually is...

Ship will still look the same from the outside (like I pointed out ages ago) - but inside - wooohoo - A real *live* Ship in more ways than one. And will make a nice R&R place for all the hard working crew of the Yydryl - and some choice U-Man visitors eh!

I went and looked at your gallery. The picture of SILO is awesome! Now I can put a face with the character. I'm wondering about the hair, though. Don't your posts describe it as spiky and purple?

Yeah, I'm still having a problem getting rid of my own hair. I've been trying that type of work (thanks to Slayer pointing out it's *Manga* - I hope I got that right but think I didn't)... It's still a work in progress.

The 4 eyed concept, with motile eyestalks, is intriguing, The stationary eyes are pretty big, indicating you were engineered to function in low light.

Yeah, I function best in low light, but hey, I like the lights on too.

About those motile stalks... are they prehensile enough that you can look behind yourself as the other eyes are looking forward if you wanted to? 360 degree vision.. what a concept! That would make it nearly impossible to sneak up on you.

Yep - I can see in all directions at once - I just have to learn to explain it better when writing.
(And will leave all the other trashy peanut-gallery jokes out of my post from now on)...

Thanks for your feedback

PS - And don’t think you will be left out of the Garden Photos - No one will... *Mwaa-hahaha* (However you spell that)!

[edit on 22-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerOfAUTMN

Ok so can I do something like place you in a state of cryogenics or something as I discover your implants are killing you or something? Then if you do pop in it would be in thought bubbles as you are supposed to be under... I dont know just asking.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by antar]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Will the half-mad Studious fall trembling at the feet of an enthusiastic S.I.L.O as she bubbles with sprightly charms?

Or will he poll axe her with one chop leaving her bleeding and eviscerated, ropy guts strewn across the Carpet?

Only at the Opera!

(Thank you Slayer for starting the *zippo quips* synopsis idea)...

[edit on 23-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
What a time for neno to be taking a nap! He misses ALL the fun....

Seriously, if Whisper doesn't eat those NI guys, don't let 'em back on my boat without stopping them from breathing. There's still 3 more Security is rounding up on Penelope, and Horkos is one of them, right there at the top of the list.

I have a feeling he's about to have a very bad day.

We DO have torpedo tubes, don't we?

If Studious gets captured over there, and neno wakes up, I'm sure he won't have any conflicts of conscience in making the strike team walk the plank... er, I mean executing them on sight for mutiny.

Pity our weapons control officer is also incapacitated, and amongst aliens to boot.

[edit on 2009/5/23 by nenothtu]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

(Thank you Slayer for starting the *Day in the life of Space Opera* synopsis idea)...

I'm not sure I actually started that idea. Luder was the one I believe who kicked that idea off.

But thanks anyway.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I thought you started this *zippo quick* thing? (It's what I was talking about I had no idea what to call it util I looked it up)...

Will our Hero survive?
Will he be rescued before he freezes to death?
Will they reach him before he suffocates to death?

I must have missed Luders post if he did.

Anyway - move along move along nothing to see here...

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
We'll have a tritanium/deuterium "board" created to place out the edge of an airlock for when Studious gets back to the Penelope.

We'll have us a good old-fashioned plank walking.

Also - something from the new Star Trek gave me an idea.

We are near a Class-M planet.

Could just dump his crusty butt off over there after we get him off the Yydryl.

He couldn't cause much more damage that way.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Yeah, but if that planet turns out to be Khalamzadar (which I don't think it is - Yydryl crew puts us near their space, Khalamzadar is the other way), there's "THINGS" down there in them woods...

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Maybe they wouldn't eat him out of amusement for listening to his half-crazed conversations w/ his imaginary friend.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

That's pretty nuts if he's crazy enough to scare one of those Uktena things...

Maybe WE ought to be scared to... If neno wasn't in a coma, I swear he'd be clanking with every step he took because of all the armor and weapons and nifty killin' doodads he'd be carrying at this point, 'cause the pucker factor is getting pretty high again.

[edit on 2009/5/23 by nenothtu]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Wow...
You guys really want him *offed* don't you, lol.

Maybe I'll have to make you *think* we killed him and I'll safe-house him at Ships Center and turn him into a handyman slash gardener.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I have managed to recruit a new officer for the Penelope!

Tentickles will be joining us, but we have yet to hash out her exact position. I'll give more information - and she will too I'm sure - as I get it.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

"Really!?, Excellent work"
"Who is she going to be?"

But didn't Whisper say something about Tentickles not being able to join.

If she's changed her mind "Welcome Aboard!"

Originally posted by Whisper67

Originally posted by Deson
Why can't she be a member of the thread? I thought that the Press Corp were members. Or am I mistaken? Is there some sort of conflict of interest involved? Or would it simply be a matter of setting aside the time?

Hey Deson: For Tentickles, it was just a matter of having enough time. She told me the Press Corp was more time intensive then even she had imagined. I was bummed about not having her as an addition, she wouldn't have even had to change her avatar if she was aboard the Yydryl.

Originally posted by silo13
Wow...
You guys really want him *offed* don't you, lol.

Run, Run. Flee to the hills.. er... stars!!

I was writing down some ideas for the rescue the other day and couldn't stop writing. After the "rescue" is over I might post it as a pdf labeled "Alternate Ending."

Originally posted by SeekerOfAUTMN
By the way everyone, I'm going to be gone for about a week so don't panic if I don't get a post up. Hopefully I will be able to get some form of internet connection going, but it doesn't look likely at this point.

I will be back soon, so don't kill me off if you can help it.

I've been thinking maybe we could have NI's rescue, "succeed." Asher could be taken by NI for a week and then return.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by Studious]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Antar,

I've been working on your pistol design for you and here is a partial construction. I decided at this point to show you what I've come up with so far. Please note that the textures are there to show the parts only and are not finalized by any means. I also plan on adding something to the end of the barrel as well but I haven't figured out yet what. There is also no handle at this point. What it consists of is the main barrel, below that is the stun beam emitter array, on top is a scope (complete with targeting dot inside), and the main housing.

If it so far meets with your approval, I can continue the design. If not then I can easily use the concept for one of the semi-portables for crew usage.

-DESON

Edit to add link for picture. Sorry about that, it's early morning and I haven't woken up yet.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by Deson]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Studious

She gave no indication of not having time to me. She said she wanted to finish reading the story thread and then she'd hash out her exact character with me.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Well that probably means she's onboard.

I just hope she doesn't join the "Lets kill Studious" bandwagon.

Post synopsis:

Nathan knows something not about Silo, but knows soomthing about this mission and he's been unnerved ever since he learned it. (Also not anything to do with the dark lord.)

Nathan while usually a first name can sometimes be a surname. You'll know why I've chosen this name for him soon.

Sorry for the length of the posts, but I want to get dialogue going between the team. I'm trying to build personalities and prevent them from being just redshirts.

They'll hopefully become Mauve Shirts so if they do die it'll mean more.

The advantage to this is that they're less likely to be killed senselessly, because it would hit harder than some faceless redshirt no one cares about. The downside is that, since their death would now have more emotional impact, they are more likely to be Killed Off For Real to prove how bad the new villain is. If they're successful enough, they just might graduate from Mauve Shirt and become a "Gold Shirt" as part of the supporting cast or even the main cast.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Studious

I was writing down some ideas for the rescue the other day and couldn't stop writing. After the "rescue" is over I might post it as a pdf labeled "Alternate Ending."

Hey, I just happened to be there and ran into ya'll.

If you've got a story line all worked out I can always get dragged away by Carpet trying to save my life - or - one of you can say all of *BOO* and *Look I'll be a wall* and morph out of the scene.

Just let me know!

I'm dying to post but I have to wait until tomorrow morning.
Or do I?
Are we really sticking to the one post in a 12 hour period while things are slow?

Let me know what you want, and I'll take a chance and post while things are slow - I've got no agenda for how the story proceeds.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Oh for hell's sake, just post!

lol

Keep the story going by gum!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join