It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
ok, while things are getting ironed out. I'll get to work on those Bridge Concepts (I'll try to do both) in the meantime and then I can post both and see which you people like better. It'll take a few days so bear with me on this since (Other than the chairs) I'm building this from scratch.

In the meantime, if I could get input as far as what I asked earlier about number of consoles, and chairs facing forwards or in a circular arrangement please let me know your preference.

This post in particular

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Deson]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
No, I think it flows just fine especially with my follow up post - I just got on the job training

Glad you are staying Silo!!! Eeep, you crumpled at my feet but the post right before that, I am upon the ceiling. Muhahaha - I can do creative accounting so I'm sure I can figure this out as well!

Well Miss CM, we'll just have to get a calander together and do a fundraiser for us all to take a much needed vacation "The Women of the Yydryl" ::giggles:: You get to be the covergirl!! We can each do a season - I'll take Fall so I get Halloween!

[edit on 5/14/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Somebody's fixin' to get blindsided again...

Alright, which one 'o you Space Pirates calls the Dark Lord 'daddy'? Fess up now...

Oh, she said he don't know. I sure hope it ain't me again... 'cause I been good, just like I tell Santa every year.

P.S. - Somebody answer the phone! That ringing is giving me a headache!

[edit on 2009/5/14 by nenothtu]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Edit to add
I'll show you my nifty Spores, Fungus and Mold collection.

Keep them boots ON on the bridge, bucko!

by the way - nice touch, putting schematics of the Yydryl on your bridge viewscreens!

What if the whale tank wrapped around the bridge, with a gap at the bridge entrance, and an observation corridor or something on the side opposite the bridge? would that fix the confusion? The inner (bridge facing) wall wouldn't necessarily have to be clear, it could be a solid wall, or cluttered with all sorts of gizmos, with maybe a viewport. It would also give the whales near 360 degrees to do their navigation thingy.

CM: bring on your 'nasty u-man frequency clearing' - I got sumpin' for ya!

Whisper: put me down for 5 of those calendars....

[edit on 2009/5/15 by nenothtu]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Whoa Whisper!
When you toss someone out you do it in style - thank you tons for giving me a chance to get out of this mess.

----------------------

Can someone help me out with something?
What is up with QA?
I'm really vague on this -
- Even after reading up on all her posts it's really left open ended - not really an explanation???

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The last post I could find with reference to QA was her own, reporting to capt Loam for an 'assignment' of some sort, then she just seemed to dissappear from the story line, like our doctor did.

Maybe I missed something...

I remember that it was deliberately left open, so she could come back later on if she wanted, so she wasn't killed off or anything.

I'm going with the notion that she's on some kind of top-secret mission.

[edit on 2009/5/15 by nenothtu]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Sorry my posts have been pretty long recently.

(It's because I'm throwing in a lot of dialogue. It's not many extra words their just spread out more.)

This post is about classic misunderstandings. (I had the misunderstanding idea for awhile so it wasn't meant to reflect recent events.)

I misunderstand Seeker's actions and the staff is utterly confused by Studious carrying on two conversations at once.

I had to put the "name:" in front of some of the dialogue otherwise it was too confusing.

(I hope the dialogue written makes sense. It sounds good when I speak it....to myself
)

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Studious]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
So....

lol

We actually going to meet or....?????

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

The last post I could find with reference to QA was her own, reporting to capt Loam for an 'assignment' of some sort, then she just seemed to disappear from the story line, like our doctor did.

Maybe I missed something...

See I was in hopes two pairs of eyes might be better than one - but that's all I could find too.

I was thinking maybe I could tie in my problems on the bridge with QA doing some mind control - but that would just get too wild.

But it did make me wonder what the heck was going on with QA...

I hate loose ends, lol.

Thanks for your help!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Please don’t apologize for your posts - they’re great!
Can’t get enough of them, really.
Looking forward to being able to work with you on some rich dialogs later after the *meeting* takes place...

I'm going to step back for a bit while everyone meets and recollect my story lines - in the mean time I'm on pins and needles to see how you from the Penny work it all out on the Yydryl.

Good luck and watch yourselves U-Mans!

peace

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The New Star Trek movie:

So I go to the show the other night which I could not really afford with 5 of us going, BUT I really wanted to get some ideas for our Opera...

Well needless to say I LOVED it with all my heart and was hanging on every word, then just like in 'our' little space Drama, (Now you wont believe this) The crew is finally meeting up with the alien ship...

***Now mind you I am not a plagerizer but have been shaped by Roddenberry's work since I was 5.***

And this is when I am wishing I had note paper on me for ideas as they come in reguards to the way Human/Aliens interact upon meeeting, ect ect.

"Just as the meeting happens..."

THE PROJECTOR in the theater breaks!!! Arrrgg!

So if I seemed anxious to just get the ball rolling on the opera, if I seemed to want to jump the gun on the bridge, I suppose I was simply tired of the seemingly slow pace and wanted to bridge the gap between the chatter and the Opera.

One thing that sets the ST saga apart from other less noteable pieces is the action, the hits one after another which causes you to step up the pace in your mind and function like a computer rather than a dull drum just lazily watching scenes float by on the lazy river of craetivity.

THAT is how I see our little enterprise (pardon the pun) functioning, we would have lost me long ago as a reader,because for as personal as writers get about their work, the haggling keeps the flow broken up and it becomes choppy and self indulgent rather than a true collaboration.

Too much energy spent in non productive infighting.

This is "OUR" baby not mine or yours.

Pre writing scenes is always risky business and needs to be able to bend with the flow of the river.

Dont take it personal if in a collaboration the river bends in the opposite direction of your ideas, that is the fun part of this, like a improve always ready to stand up to the moment.

Ok I just fell off my soap opera box and broke my neck!

BTW I HATE how I rewrote to satisfy everyones freaked outness... but in flow of it, its all good and Im good!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The Double Interrex Captain Scurvy is working on answering that frequency right now.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

AS for Qa, go to any of her posts and at the bottom hit 'thread' that will pull up all of her posts in the opera, not many so you can try and figure out what is up with her pretty easily that way.

I hope she has not written herself out, but is just mia...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
ok, got some preliminary bridge concepts here for you people to look at. These ONLY show the locations of the chairs, viewscreen, doorway and supporting walls (also where some of the panels will be). Please note that every chair (except maybe the captain's chair) will eventually have control panels. I can add control panels for the Captain's chair if you people desire.

ok, first Circular bridge layout (basic)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/25d40bda1b5b.jpg[/atsimg]

As you may note, I've tried to group consoles together to make communication easier. helm near sensors (Look out for that rock!!), and sciences. Likewise engineering next to Communications (Commo for short). I've also tried to group the most needed visually in front of the Captain so that he (I'm gonna go with a male gender here, your mileage may vary) can see certain panels to get an overview. Such as "Where are we? Are the weapons and shields raised? is the ship on fire somewhere? What do the sensor show?" All without having to swivel. It'll be basic information since he'll have to ask those stations for details if need be. Sciences can Commo can send visual info to the viewscreen as need be.

Circular Bridge with the Battle console and In-ship commo.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca5d3b5bae9b.jpg[/atsimg]

Likewise grouped for sharing of data.

Oblong Bridge everyone facing forwards. Basic setup. this one and the other oblong seem to be the easiest for me to make in the final form.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c00f87bf866.jpg[/atsimg]

Oblong with the Battle Console and In-ship Commo included.
I just noticed an oops on my part on this pic. (That's what I get for working on this late at night) Please switch Science and Engineering with each other. I'll post a corrected on when I can.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d1e5630b4202.jpg[/atsimg]

I want everyone's opinion on which one you like best prior to constructing it. I figure since this entire project is a collaboration input from ALL participants is appreciated.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
antar is really curious now to find out who the Dark Lords Heir is???

Is he/she aware?

As far as the whales Deson, I think what we discussed yesterday is a top notch idea, wouldnt change a thing.

The whales were an issue, the writers placed them here and there, and YET, it was really really perfect that way!!!

Our Ships Designer is a highly evolved Master, and he is not limited by three dimensional concepts... (Deson)

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Deson

I would like to see the bridge round and european clean, non cluttered, big area in the center clear for on bridge battles, but then I guess we will have to work around Silo on that...

I also have one big request and that is that the front view portal is a wrap around and covers the whole entire front of the vessel. It also becomes the communication hailing viewer/screen for hailing frequencies...

perhaps Silos area could be actually on a raised platform towards the center of the back?

[edit on 15-5-2009 by antar]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
why is everyone stingy with the stars these days? It is a good way to communicate the likes of each others posts...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

perhaps Silos area could be actually on a raised platform towards the center of the back?

"but then I guess we will have to work around Silo on that..."

Let me explain this to you in simple words.
It aint gonna happen.
Period.
So quit pushing it.

peace

[edit on 15-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Here's Opera Recap Page 2

If you have any suggestions for adding or removing any highlighted portions etc... just let me know via a post or U2U. I look forward to your input.

I was running out of colors that seemed different enough to me. So I had to use colors and italics.

The color with no italics represents one thing.

The color with italics represents another.

And as the document says what is not colorized does not mean unimportant. It only shows connections between posts.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scurvy
The Double Interrex Captain Scurvy is working on answering that frequency right now.

That's awesome.

Well lets see where we are. We have set the stage for SEEKER/Asher to do his thing with the N-bombs. Captain Luder it seems likes red heads and is ready to jump us back to earth. We have you answering the hail plus Studious jumping through a rabbit hole and is loose on the ship. The Whale issue seems to be solved and Silo is still crumpled.

OK We're looking good

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join