It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yeah, I don't think so Silo! referring to being my job to be a gofer.
You are welcome to bust up glassware.
This is supposed to be fun.
Don't forget I can travel back in time and let you choke on that nut.
I am joking about letting you choke on the nut.

Edited to add:

[edit on 14-5-2009 by cindymars]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Antar instead of communicating in the working thread you just dealt with it in the actual opera?!?

Even in times of disagreement, clairfication *especially* in times of disagreement, communication is imparative. It is my experience that most forms of discord and arguments are spawned from miscommunication - one party misunderstanding the other. You can find this when friends have a dispute you hear two different stories, that's because both parties have two different interpretations of what actually happened, what was said etc.

I just have to wonder if that's what's happened over the last few pages here. As this is a collaboration, and I sent a U2U and posted in the working thread I feel I at least deserved a response before you posted in the actual thread which, I must say I found your actions demeaning to my character and undeserved. I merely asked a question regarding my role and the assignment you gave me. Me, nor my character, deserved that kind of response. Communication is *needed* here.

Let's try to keep this positive. If anyone begins to feel tension, please take a break and the last thing, imo, one should do is post to the actual opera! This is suppose to be a creative, positive experience for us all. Let's not let negativity grow and fester. I've said what I needed to, now me and my character are moving on. I seriously wanted to make the point about the vitality of communication and staying positive.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Please quote the exact text that needs removing here in this thread and I'll try to untangle this.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
Eeep, no the whales can not be on the bridge unless we have *two* sets of whales. Me, Scurvy, and Antar were on the whale aquarium observation deck thingy when Antar decided to run TO the bridge so therefore, for continuity, I don't see how the whales could be ON the bridge. Trust me, I have a notebook full of locations and what not just to keep track of where I've been and where I am ]:>

An Aquarium that large must occupy a fair part of the Yydryl. Could it be possible the the whales have visual contact with both the observation deck (to see space) and the bridge to see the crew and comm screens?

Just trying to help.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
If anyone begins to feel tension, please take a break and the last thing, imo, one should do is post to the actual opera!

I'll tell you what needs removed Masqua, Silos last post!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Anyway I did my final edit on my last post please let know if there is something I missed or what needs to be corrected this whole outside real life drama is throwing me off.

Alright everybody needs to take a chill pill and calm down.
I think Silos last post needs to be removed and everybody take a deep breath.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

Yes.

I read that.

We can untangle this, but it requires some cool thinking. I can't totally delete a post, because it will still be there, empty, with silo's avvy and an edit remark by me.

I'd much prefer to add text... provided by silo and edited back in.

As far as the U2U material is concerned, that DOES have to go because it is against the T&C's to do that.

Silo... I hope you're still reading. Please, let's try to work this out and keep you alive.

edit to change name because I'm confused.

[edit on 14/5/09 by masqua]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I agree Silo stay.
We were just going to have some fun together.
However you are probably pissed at me too now.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
There's NO TEXT anywhere in the Space Opera that can't be edited to make it more cohesive.

Let's take the time to work this out.

Silo and antar... if you're both willing to keep going in this, I'll help you any way I can. Your characters in the Opera are worth it and this misunderstanding CAN be fixed.

You only need to send me the text and the post link and I'll edit it in.

But I'm taking the U2U out... that does have to go.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
OK thank you Silo.

Hey if you really want to die come over to the Penelope and I'll blow you out of an Airlock or something

Edit to add
I'll show you my nifty Spores, Fungus and Mold collection.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Text removed from antar's post in the main thread:

Silo makes her way post haste to antar, " I can't communicate with the Whales.
I tried - I failed.
I have no idea what you're talking about in regards to what you want me to do with the Whales.
Now they're back on the bridge???
This is nuts.
I'm not a navigator, or communication - I'm Ships Attendant - not crews.
I will attend to crew as gofer sure - but communications?
I'm very confused.
Sorry - but I'm knocked way off my this sorry."

"Silo, you have many talents yet to be discovered, so relax, this is all going to be an extraordinary learning experience. Did you know I could not communicate with them at first either? It took some time but it was not impossible as you will discover. If the High Command believes you capable of this task, then I trust that and you should too my friend."

"And a little secret, the whales have the ability to travel within the entire ship, they will need no more than you to monitor their water balance, a simple task which is not complicated, in fact is a joy."

With that Silo, turned on walked slowly back tripping a bit on one of her little boots as she got closer to the now shimmering wall which hid the Aq Bridge Center.

Right now, the post is blank.

What can we save out of this and add to it to take its place, antar?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
If you think it's easy for me to leave it isn't.
I can't even tell you how much it means to me - the Space Opera.

And Cindy - no I'm not mad at you - sometimes us sensitive writers need a good whack - thank you.

And I'm not *mad* at Antar - but - I wont allow anyone to talk and walk with my character without asking...

Anyway, that's the line I drew a long time ago when another writer was practicing mind control.
I told myself if anyone every manipulate my character without asking, I’d leave.

Anyway - it isn't easy to make a stand and stick by it - especially when it hurts me more than any of you lol.

Now - beyond that - I’ve edited my post - thanks to getting *blackmailed* to stay...
(Looks at a certain Space Opera writer and winking - now remember you promised not to post my picture right?)....

So, maybe all the high drama will take some heat off of the mix ups.

I'll show you my nifty Spores, Fungus and Mold collection.

Something like - come up to my quarters and see my etchings, lol.
You gave me a great idea though!
I need to add some dark life - fungus and spoors to the Center of Ship along with the rest of the flora!
Great idea.
Or maybe you can add some from your private supply later.
*wink*

[edit on 15-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I already have, silo, because it's against the T&C's to post without permission.

However, because you're giving permission now, I can, and will, edit it back in.

Is there anything else I can do to 'make things right'?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Slayer post her picture. I want to see it.

I will post mine but I look like a Victoria Secret Super Model and I don't want any jealousy.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by cindymars]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
I will post mine but I look like a Victoria Secret Super Model and I don't want any jealousy.

Sheesh

Haven't we had enough issues today

LOL You didn't realize that the Penelope crew all sideline as Chippendale dancers did you?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I've got to go to bed it's almost 0200 here.

Someone please pick me up and toss me out in the hall.

Thanks -

Have fun all!

[edit on 15-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hey I just had a great idea!
Well I think it's pretty good. OK maybe not great lets say... Kind of cool? OK never mind here it is.

I was just on the first page of the Opera and saw the names of the crew and their ranks how about we link each one of the characters to the players profiles? That way the readers can see who it is playing each role and then maybe leave comments?

Well what do you guys think?

Good idea? or have I had too much coffee today?

[edit on 14-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

That's a great Idea. I'll do that in a while because I'm caught up in something else right now.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

That is a sound idea you have there, I am for it all the way!

And I did not realize that there was a problem here, wow.

Silo glad you stayed, I did miss your exit though

Whisper, I can rewrite to suit your fancy
Got Ideas?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Hey when I get home from work, do you want to write that clearing their nasty U man frequency thing.

Joking nasty U mans.

No really?

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join