It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Contact will happen once someone on the Yydryl decides to answer the call from Penelope.

Make those transmissions a way of avoiding blasting each other into oblivion.

[edit on 14/5/09 by masqua]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Where is Antar because she said she wanted to be around when this happened.
Also it would have to be one of us with thumbs.

Ring ring ring...hello! Yes, U-mans you say.

Do you deliver?

[edit on 14-5-2009 by cindymars]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Contact will happen once someone on the Yydryl decides to answer the call from Penelope.

Make those transmissions a way of avoiding blasting each other into oblivion.

Ha! we have the technology to do just that! Ok guys we are all on our way, it is now up to you!

I just made the last post, hopefully bridged a few questionable points about the Whales, and we are off and running!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I was hoping that the U-mans may have a jolt of energy frequency variation stabilization as CM raises their vibrational fields to be able to interact with us unhindered and at a higher dimensional level...

If anyone read my Short Story in the last contest, that is how I see it affecting U-mans on differing levels depending on their spiritual advancements. I am not implying religious, just higher knowing of sorts, I mean you could be whatever and still be spiritually evolved and vibrating on a higher frequency...

Just saying...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Ok, so now the whales are back on the bridge?
I thought you just posted yesterday they were in the observation deck.
The reason I went back and made a quick post to make up for them not being on the bridge, now they're back?
LOL

No biggy, I'll write in that the tank is so huge it's main part is on the observation deck but one FAR end extends into the bridge are where they can - well - do whatever they do.

peace

[edit on 15-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Eeep, no the whales can not be on the bridge unless we have *two* sets of whales. Me, Scurvy, and Antar were on the whale aquarium observation deck thingy when Antar decided to run TO the bridge so therefore, for continuity, I don't see how the whales could be ON the bridge. Trust me, I have a notebook full of locations and what not just to keep track of where I've been and where I am ]:>

I'm such a dweeb

Edit: I suppose, like zoos, these whales could have a two viewing area in one large tank - an aquarium viewing area and a place for them on the bridge ::shrug:: since it was already stated in the opera they had their own section on the ship I just hope it isn't confusing for the reader. Perhaps I'll go re-read their inital appearance and interactions myself and see how it plays...

[edit on 5/14/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
ok, got a question here before I tear into some more art design.

The Yydryl bridge.

What shape? I'm leaning towards round myself with the commander in the middle. Helm forwards and a view screen. Yeah it's Star Trek, but it makes sense as far as passing around information from the captain to the various sections.

I could also make it more of an oblongish shape and have everyone facing forwards. That would work as well.

I picture various ramps (no stairs) between certain raised and lowered areas. For example, the various stations would be sitting slightly sunken in to allow the captain better views of the various screens on the control panels.

Also what stations will be on the bridge?
I figure a basic layout would consist of :

Captain.
Helm.
Defenses (combined with Weapons control)
Sciences.
Communications.
Engineering.
Sensors (both exterior and interior)
*Interior ship communications (slaved to the regular communications panel).
*Battle control panel (Slaved to Defenses panel)

ok, I figure that the two of them with the asterisks by them are somewhat optional but they would be very important. Here is how I figure that they would operate.

The Yydryl has a very large crew. I figure that the regular communications board (mainly used for exterior communication) is going to be rather busy just handling that. The interior communications station allows for commands for such things as sending troops to load a certain bay. Re-routing some of the Monorails if some break down. Sending work crews to areas for emergency repairs etc. During slow times, the regular communications station can handle that as well, but in case of a situation (two ships meeting for example) they will be busy enough.

Battle control panel. I figure that it would be used in combat situations to direct troops to loading bays, turrets, etc. This frees up the weapons control officer to concentrate on such things as firing arcs for weapons and general tactical things (which ship to fire on, and what weapons to use for example.)

I also figure that since the Yydryl has such a large crew that they would have a room dedicated to in-ship communications. Think of it as a sorta telephone switchboard that would handle everything from voice chat, video chat, computer networks, pretty much making sure that everyone in the ship can talk to everyone else.

So what do you think of my ideas?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

I was just telling Antar in U2U I’ll write it in that the tank is so huge part is on the observation deck and a far end is on the bridge.
I can help write that in as I'm surprised to see them on bridge and gladdened as I had just made a statement about not letting anything get in my way to *communicate* with them - as I was not able to communicate with them the first time and have a great desire to do so.

I think I got it covered - in fact it's pretty cool to be given the opportunity to *work* with the Whales since I did just say how amazed I was by them.

*Runs off to writing*

Oh - as for attending to the crew - it aint gonna happen - just sayin.
I’ll be a gofer on deck - that will be great fun - but off the deck it isn’t going to happen.
Plus there are tons of driods walking around doing just those kind of gofer things off the bridge.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Whatever you do please do not touch the middle of the Ship.
It looks like there’s nothing there - but there is.
I got the ok from the Yydryl crew a while back about using the*middle* and I’ve put tons and tons a work hours into the photos I’ll be posting - after we get a chance to go to Earth.
So, if you can please make sure to keep the middle - the big part that looks like a hole - looking like a hole!
lol

Here's just an example - and this isn't even finished... - but I can't show a finished product and give it all away...

peace

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
READ the post guys, it bridges the gap between the void of 'Where is the AQ???" I keep reading...

Just 'read" the post...

Silo, you keep freaking and u2uing me like mad, so settle down, read the posts...

This is a collaboration, so if you do 300 hours of the ships bridge and I decide to blow it up and strand us on an abanodoned planet, it is a lesson in the Flow...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Deson

Whatever you do please do not touch the middle of the Ship.
It looks like there’s nothing there - but there is.
I got the ok from the Yydryl crew a while back about using the*middle* and I’ve put tons and tons a work hours into the photos I’ll be posting - after we get a chance to go to Earth.
So, if you can please make sure to keep the middle - the big part that looks like a hole - looking like a hole!
lol

If your referring to the gap that you see in a exterior view? No problem, I plan on limiting myself to interior work only. Hallway concepts, rooms, etc. So nothing that I'll do should interfere with any exterior work. Please do post in your media section on the media site some of the photos that you are working with. That will help give me a direction so that I don't clash with you. Where you place things is totally up to you.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Um I am not adding this just now, but I had no intention of even visiting earth for a very very long time??? Now I am afraid to go read your latest u2u. Lets talk here, I am an open book on this Opera, and am here this afternoon giving my time, doing what I can so that I can run and be abandoning the bridge scene.

As I have said Innumerous times, I really love your character, your talent and your direction. I edited my post because of the lower case s in Silo, so take it easy on me as this IS my hobby, my relaxing place , my happy place when it all gets crazy else where...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Deson I could not think of how to spell your name but on my last post I was going to refer to you in the "Secret to Silo post"... I was going to say to her, when Deson did the ships designs, he placed aquatic flows through out the entire ship and for several reasons...

I should have huh? Weird I was thinking twice now while you were working on the same things I was thinking about, wow if that made sense I better get a star!!!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Antar, what the hell are you thinking! Posting my private U2U in the story!
Not only is that against the rules it is absurd!
Now I’m tripping outta my boots?
You're talking and walking for me without permission or even clearing it by me in U2U?
I’d no sooner walk right across the room and start talking to you or anyone else - in front of the Rigellians for the first time - than I would sprout wings and fly.
You’ve totally misrepresented my characters speech, actions, mode of operating and mood.
Not a fun day on board the Yydryl, not at all.

Edit your post please before this goes too far...

????
EDIT (30 minutes later): Take it out - Now!

[edit on 15-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Deson

Deson I could not think of how to spell your name but on my last post I was going to refer to you in the "Secret to Silo post"... I was going to say to her, when Deson did the ships designs, he placed aquatic flows through out the entire ship and for several reasons...

I should have huh? Weird I was thinking twice now while you were working on the same things I was thinking about, wow if that made sense I better get a star!!!

Yes, you made sense. Since the Yydryl is a organic vessel I can easily see water ways (both enclosed and open) for a variety of reasons. The big one in my estimation would be nutrient flow. You know, you just gave me an idea. ok, you know those travel pods that I developed? The ones that act like little trains or monorails? I can see the main rail being submerged in a nutrient rich bath for keeping the "Travel pod" muscles in good shape. It would also act like a lubricant where the muscles grip the rail.

Enclosed tubes would also carry nutrient rich water to various other parts in order to keep the "Walls" healthy as well. It would also make the Yydryl somewhat fire resistant but not fire proof. One thing to keep in mind would be that under situations like intense heat the water would have a tendency to boil. I could see steam explosions happening in certain situations (suitable for dramatic effect) as well.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Ack!!!!

Whats happening???

I write my way back into the story to prep for first contact and all hell breaks loose here??????

I'm so confused.
Friends are fighting

[edit on 14-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

but I had no intention of even visiting earth for a very very long time???

I didn't realize you were the only one on board the Yydryl making decisions on where the Yydryl goes and where it doesn't?
Isn’t this a collaboration?

As for me gofer-ing on deck - I've no problem with that.
Huh - kind of weird though seeing as we have a Leisure Officer, and that's her job.
And I'm terrified of Regalians.
And there's droids for that helping out.
And I can’t freaking walk down a hall without morphing when I see a Rigellians.

Cindymars I hope you don’t mind but I’ll be bustin up a LOT a glassware!

But hey, I'll write around the whales - no problem.
And I'll gofer for the crew.
It's a collaboration right...

I hope in the future we will iron out these big issues in this thread before posting on the Space Opera thread.

Going with the flow is one thing - this - well - would have been handled much better on the *working thread* first.

(quoting my own U2U)

peace

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
Where is Antar because she said she wanted to be around when this happened.
Also it would have to be one of us with thumbs.

Ring ring ring...hello! Yes, U-mans you say.

Do you deliver?

Well I'm set and ready. So now what?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Enclosed tubes would also carry nutrient rich water to various other parts in order to keep the "Walls" healthy as well.

This will be fab as I've got to have water in the middle of the Ship too.

I was going to pull off of the Ships regular water supply but this will be great.

I think you're going to get dragged into writing on Ship there Deson!

We can work together at Ships Center (that invisible looking place in the middle of Ship) putting in the water lines...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Antar I sent you a U2U but as you stated in the working thread you want to work the issues out here so I just wanted to point out that I feel the orders you gave me fall under Weapons Control and I'm in Security. Even if Scurvy reliquishes his duties as Weapons Control Officer, which I don't see as necessary, I don't want the job.

My character doesn't even have a chair on the bridge as she lurks in the back ready to pounce into action on a moments notice. I suppose I've seen my role as being Security on the ship, Weapons Control being security outside of the ship.

I need collaborative clarification here.

[edit on 5/14/2009 by Whisper67]

new topics

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join