It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Thats pretty good. Wow you have the time to set that up?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

*Does a deep sweeping curtsy for Master Studious!*

I am in awe!

Thank you SO MUCH for this!

I just started reading it and I’m floored!

I’ll get back to you in a bit - it’s such a fab bunch of work!

THANK YOU again

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Your always welcome.

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Thats pretty good. Wow you have the time to set that up?

It's only one page at a time so far, with two pages completed. So it's not too much work.

The basic framework of The Opera as of May 4th is also there without any of the highlighting and coloring. This allows anyone else to create analyses as well.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
So if I seemed anxious to just get the ball rolling on the opera, if I seemed to want to jump the gun on the bridge, I suppose I was simply tired of the seemingly slow pace and wanted to bridge the gap between the chatter and the Opera.

Thing is, everyone needs to work together on this and the only real venue to do that is this working thread. Sure, there was a slow pace, but that's mainly because Cabury hasn't shown up for ages and loam needs time for some RL situations that have come up. Seems to me everyone is itching to get going with the meet-up and I can understand that.

However, even if things are delayed... so what? It's not like there's deadlines to keep. I'd rather that the pace is slow than hurried anyways.

One thing that sets the ST saga apart from other less noteable pieces is the action, the hits one after another which causes you to step up the pace in your mind and function like a computer rather than a dull drum just lazily watching scenes float by on the lazy river of craetivity.

Consider the amount of work that went into Star Trek, the movie. What you watched was the finished product. Had you been sitting in on the 'working thread' for that, you would have literally seen hundreds of people putting years of man-hours into that project.

The Space Opera is happening in Real Time. We only have our working thread to flesh out the details and the Opera itself is being created at the same time. This is why it's so important to work out details among each other. Those details need to be shaped in the working thread simply because that way, everyone else is up to speed on developments.

THAT is how I see our little enterprise (pardon the pun) functioning, we would have lost me long ago as a reader,because for as personal as writers get about their work, the haggling keeps the flow broken up and it becomes choppy and self indulgent rather than a true collaboration.

Any haggling should be worked out in this thread, especially before posting in the main thread.

Too much energy spent in non productive infighting.

The only infighting I've noticed so far was the inclusion of a personal U2U. That got worked out as well, happily.

This is "OUR" baby not mine or yours.

Exactly.

Pre writing scenes is always risky business and needs to be able to bend with the flow of the river.

Yes. And that is why it should be discussed here before being used in the main thread.

Dont take it personal if in a collaboration the river bends in the opposite direction of your ideas, that is the fun part of this, like a improve always ready to stand up to the moment.

True... and that applies for everyone, which is why, as stated three times now, it's important to work it out in this thread first.

I HATE how I rewrote to satisfy everyones freaked outness... but in flow of it, its all good and Im good!

Erm... freaked outness?
Collaboration requires working together. If there's a problem, then it needs to be addressed. Nothing else will work, imho, unless everyone is helping each other. If "everyone" is freaking out, there must be a reason for it and, until agreement enters back into the picture, we're stuck.

[edit on 15/5/09 by masqua]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I totally agree.

Ok I tried to move the story along just a tad. Not much more I can do.
I also did a little bit of photoshop.
Enjoy.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Ah well masqua you are priviledged to not have to deal with the U2u's that I ahve had several ppl talk to me about them in private, they can get pretty , time consuming and demanding.

I have not been stressed in the least about the delema of yesterday, matter of fact it was a great opportunity for all to grow and talk openly.

Frankly I thought that the u2u was again more of what was wanted to be said on the opera or I would not have violated the T@C's. It was in character for sure, lol.

Let me put it this way, it was a pleasure to finally get everyone to bridge after weeks of talk about it. Just as when I attempted to do some crew Bios and it needed some flushing so too went the scene on the bridge.

If anyone feels uncomfortable with my pace or would rather i die on the Opera, that is fine too I am open to any and all suggestions.

I personally would rather stay out of the behind the scenes drama and stick soley with this working thread as I have more than alluded to in past posts and simply not replying to arguementative or spiteful U2u's directed towards me or complaints about others.

I will step in and be a friend any time to any of our collaborators, I am always willing to lend an ear or a shoulder, just not at the expense of any of the others.

Again I have NO problems with any one here in fact I really love all the players and characters. This is the greatest opportunity to bring out the best in me and a great chance to share some of my personal nonfiction in a fiction medium... So much I want to share just as everyone else.

Julie

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Ok so now I just read the post by silo, um, OK. So on every craft I have ever been on there is nothing in the center, for good reason...

You do what you feel is best. For in reality we are actually nothing like a real 7th-10th dimensional craft... 3rd dimensional thinking...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Ah well masqua you are priviledged to not have to deal with the U2u's

I can honestly say that I've had HUNDREDS of Opera related U2U's, from collaborators and non-collaborators alike, ever since the main thread got posted and I try to fully answer every one of them if I can. Someone (non-collaborator) recently even suggested that a podcast be made of the Opera. Not a bad idea, but you can imagine the script writing that would need doing.

I doubt you need to take a back seat out of the Opera itself, antar. In fact, I think you should stay every bit as active as you have been. Whatever problems arise can be dealt with merely by discussing them in this thread.

Please, stick with this.

[edit on 15/5/09 by masqua]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Ok so we've replied! Contact will be very soon, within the next day or two. I wanted to give my crew some time to work out the bumps they've been experiencing in the working thread and for the Penny crew to address the N-Bombs. I also wanted CindyMars to have an opportunity to post something now that she's involved with the rest of the crew and has a task.

I may even wait until Tuesday to initiate visual contact so us Canadians can enjoy Victoria Day on Monday.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Attention Yydryl crew: If you all have any kind of bug spray that works against nanobots, Penelope sure could use it right about now. Or an exterminator.

Slayer or Asher: either one of you got enough savvy with our main computer to write an anti-nanobot virus to release into the mainframe? Something just to make the nanobots sick, and maybe eat each other up?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scurvy

I may even wait until Tuesday to initiate visual contact so us Canadians can enjoy Victoria Day on Monday.

Well thank Gawd the hail has been answered now all the Penny has to do is prevent blowing itself up and taking half the solar system with it.

Originally posted by nenothtu

Slayer or Asher: either one of you got enough savvy with our main computer to write an anti-nanobot virus to release into the mainframe? Something just to make the nanobots sick, and maybe eat each other up?

Damned NANO bugs!
Pa Grab me ma shotgun.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Scurvy

Ahhhh.... Progress! The next post I have in the pipe depends on visual contact, so unless I can whip something up before then, I'll just wait a bit longer.

I sure hope them there nanobots don't blow us up before then. Neno is about ready to grab a can of Raid and hose down the bridge!

Nanobots... nenobots.... Nawww, say it ain't SO!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Scurvy

Hey I posted hope its ok?
I didnt want to hold anybody up.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Whats this tag thingy under some of our avatars?
Mine says Novice and Slayers is Silver and yours is bronze and Some folks dont have one?

Edited to add:

Could or would you please put Scurvys dialog in quote box?
Thank you.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by cindymars]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Thats a whole new ATS thingy.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Ok but what does it mean?

Edited to add:

OK thanks, Slayme er I mean Slayer, Why rate people?
I must be spending too much time on ATS.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by cindymars]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Just a simple ranking system judged by how many flags/stars/posts you have is all.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Of course it's ok. It's your character, you are not holding any one up, you are part of the Yydryl and your contributions are as important as everyone else's. I just noticed you haven't had much of an opportunity to describe your character or really do too much, I figured this would give you that chance to show us what you're made of.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Scurvy

Well it wasn't as thought out as the entry I never got to post because Loam wasnt around to send QA on her mission but it can do for now. It is the readers I dont want to disappoint but...can they read this thread?

It certainly isn't as good ads some of you guys post with elaborate stories and pictures and..... Thanks!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I know we aren't suppose to do the atta boy posts anymore but...I can't stop myself. Scurvy....awesome post dude!!!

Nice one to you too CM!!

We could always flood QA with u2us Muhahaha! Seriously, we need some more crew members on the Yydryl. I've tried to do a little recruiting without much success, I thought Tentickles would be awesome but not sure she took me seriously
I shall try again!

Happy Holiday to you Scurvy!

new topics

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join