It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
You two are going all Jack Sparrow on us, lol, I love it.

With the way things are going on the Yydryl why don’t you just swarm on over and take us over?

Dont tempt us.

Edit to add. How is this thing going to come together are we to fight first or are we just going to join up? I'm a little lost on the meeting?

[edit on 14-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Probably not a good idea to start off with a fight, but I'm afraid Asher may have other ideas.

Silo, you have fantasies about being taken over by pirates often?

Slayer, I've appropriated your flag, worked it over a bit, and set it as my wallpaper on my desktop.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Well remember the crews dont know our game plan so we do have to make something up for the readers.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Silo, you have fantasies about being taken over by pirates often?

Dang, my secret is out... *Blush*...

As for the *Meeting* - I've not a clue how it's going to be carried out.
I'm not even quite sure who our Captain is at the moment.

Someone needs to answer the call from the Penelope though - if not you guys might just have to swarm us to make sure we're not all dead of something...

PS - I wish yahoo messenger wasn't so cruddy buggy - I'd suggest we all meet up on some type of instant chat system to get through the *Meeting*...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I've decided not to miss this meeting so I've made my jail break.

The "give it a good whack joke" is from the movie "The Longest Day." The general smacks a broken down tank with his cane and it starts up. (He says grandmother but I changed it to grandfather.)

The post has the idea that if you don't "wake up" you die without ever realizing the danger. Though being "awake" may make you crazy, or may get you called crazy, it gives you a chance to save yourself.

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Edit to add. How is this thing going to come together are we to fight first or are we just going to join up? I'm a little lost on the meeting?

I think this might be one of those. We all scramble around trying to stop Seeker from activating the bombs only to realize he's actually trying to disable them.

As for the actual meeting I'm not entirely sure. I think Silo is right though it'll probably start by someone answering the hail.

PS - I wish yahoo messenger wasn't so cruddy buggy - I'd suggest we all meet up on some type of instant chat system to get through the *Meeting*...

We could "mutter" on BTS. (If I'm correct in thinking it's one giant chat thing, instead of thread specific chats.)

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Studious]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Studious

I'm not sure what it was you saved Teresa from, I've lost track, I think. Suffocation, or was it crazy gas?

Broke out of jail AND saved a damsel in distress? Does that make you a villain or a hero? We need to know, so we know which side of the pirate tally board to put your mark on.

Wait.. I ain't sure I like the notion of an unstable pirate...

Wait again... that's ME again... drats!

I'm sure neno's secret is safe here, though...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
I'm not sure what it was you saved Teresa from, I've lost track, I think. Suffocation, or was it crazy gas?

First from suffocation but that turned off and now from the crazy gas.

Hero? Or misguided hero turning to the dark si.." Wait that's been done before.

There are some things I have had cooking up that will test Studious' resolve and "hero-ness."

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Greetings fellow space cadets!

Regarding the impending meeting, I too have a few concerns:

• Loam: are you back and able to participate in the meeting? You have been missed!!
• If Loam is unavailable, my vote too is for Scurvy *but* we will have to address this in the actual thread – either the repeated hail becomes more then Scurvy can bear and he answers it after repeated attempts to contact loam go unanswered or another drawn out segment of trying to locate loam OR something very dramatic like members of the Pene materialize on the bridge of the Yydryl.
• I don’t see communications between humans and Rigellians being an issue as it’s already been stated we have translators
• As far as using any type of instant messenger or chat system to facilitate the meeting: wouldn’t this leave out a vital part of the opera – the reader? It’s my humble opinion this shouldn’t be handled any differently then any other part of the opera has been thus far. Playing it out in chat would leave out actions, thoughts, musings etc. I just worry that we may be over thinking this as we are all excited this is finally coming to fruition. I just think we should allow it to happen organically as we have thus far. Another obstacle to having it play out in a chat or IM forum is having everyone speaking at once. Perhaps I’m misunderstanding that the chat or IM was simply to facilitate the actual writing happening in the opera thread but if so, how would that be any different then using the working thread other then refreshing? Just trying to understand.
• How might our posting regulations play into meeting as well?

Everyone take a deep breath and enjoy!!

Masqua, do you have any opinions on how we should facilitate the meeting of the two ships?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I for one don’t know what the Penelope is waiting around for, the big chickens.
(*poke*)
~ We’ve not answered any of their messages.
~ We’ve got no distress signal going.
~ If space law is anything like maritime law (and I do believe that is the case) - if a ship is abandoned or all’s dead aboard her - Finders keepers...

The Penny lot are acting mighty chickenish (*bwwaaak bwwwaaak*) for a otherwise piratey lot.

I can easily see them sending over a boarding crew (get the grapples men!) to check things out - find the Ship inhabited - take Loam as a diplomatic exchange (hostage) so the Yydryl doesn’t attack the crew of the Penny (or eat them).

This way Loam stays in play for later date, - it’s all dramatic as hell (The Storming of the Yydryl) and Scurvy heads up the Yydryl while Loam is taking a hiatus on the Penny.

Yeah I can see that going down.

*Pokes Penny crew with a pointy stick*

[edit on 14-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Studious
I've decided not to miss this meeting so I've made my jail break.

I think this might be one of those. We all scramble around trying to stop Seeker from activating the bombs only to realize he's actually trying to disable them.

Yeah I'm headed to my engineering station on the bridge myself. Also I may throw a few obstacles in seekers way just jazz things up a bit.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I like it.

Also if need be like say the bomb goes off I could freeze time or something.

Just thinking.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

OH!
How cool is that!
Cindy does her stuff!

The whole gang is on the Yydryl - send Loam back over with Theresa (whoever) and you freeze them up...
hehehe
OK, well so that might not work, but I wanna see you freeze something!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

The Penny lot are acting mighty chickenish (*bwwaaak bwwwaaak*) for a otherwise piratey lot.

Them's fighin' words.

Why I outta come over there and... and.... do something.

Unrelated:

As for the meeting. I like the idea of us being careful and even a little hostile. That seems more realistic in my opinion. Especially if one of those bombs goes off.

Also where's mf_luder? I've haven't heard from him in awhile.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

The whole gang is on the Yydryl - send Loam back over with Theresa (whoever) and you freeze them up...
hehehe
OK, well so that might not work, but I wanna see you freeze something!

Admit it.

You like pirates but secretly frigid when it comes to relationships.

I say anybody over there can answer the hail. Why not or somebody create a temp character to handle it?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I was thinking that antar could address the hail in her post after we've all gathered on the bridge. That or at least mention the frequency ringing so Scurvy or someone else can react to it and we can get this all underway.

I think the meeting shouldn't be planned out. In my personal opinion I'd like to see how people react to one another's twists. Just because the ships are meeting doesn't mean we all have to post at the same time, we should just all agree on a posting limit, say one post per writer explaining their initial thoughts and words on the meeting until everyone gives their account. In terms of realism I would assume the crew that travels over would return to their own vessel right after the meeting if they even bothered to come over, we can hail one another and communicate that way as well. We can continue on as per usual after that and I'm sure between all of us someone will put in a reason for continued interaction. Perhaps one of you humes are one of The Marked and it shows up when you come near Yydryl or the whales or something that could trigger it.

Just 2 pennies.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Scurvy

Well the Chief has had these wild dreams of a beautiful non human female remember? it could be one of your crew?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scurvy
I think the meeting shouldn't be planned out. In my personal opinion I'd like to see how people react to one another's twists.

I completely agree.

I like reacting to what others are doing. It adds more realism, because I have no idea what's going to happen next. We work by action and reaction. Each person adds a little action and the others react to it and add their own action.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
Masqua, do you have any opinions on how we should facilitate the meeting of the two ships?

Nope... in fact, I like scurvy's idea of letting everyone sort things out as they happen.

As far as NATURE is concerned, He might throw a wrench into it all by having something happen that is outside of both vessels. Not sure on that yet. I'm enjoying the way loam just showed up at this critical time and will likely get involved again soon.

I think the Yydryl crew are going to have fun with the U-mans.

[edit on 14/5/09 by masqua]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I just meant regarding posting parameters but, it appears everyone is in agreement with Scurvy as am I.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Why I outta come over there and... and.... do something.

Studious
I dare ya!

Naw - just fluffing the feathers of you U-Mans.
I mean didn’t someone say U-guys taste just like chicken?
No wait, that was pork.

Slayer - hmmm, are you Chief Engineer or Chief Psychoanalyst, lol!

Yeah I was beginning to wonder - in reading your posts - who this mystery woman is... Interesting play that.

Scurvy: You’re right - it shouldn’t be planned out - let it flow - the ideas etc.
It would be nice to have some parameters set up though - some type of rough outline - or an idea how this meeting will take place?

Oh well - I guess we’ll just wait and see!

[edit on 14-5-2009 by silo13]

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join