It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm probably not going to get involved in the writing itself. I think of myself as a mediocre writer at best. I have posted a short story in ATS in the members short stories forum located here. I've had friends tell me that I would have been a very good Science Fiction writer back in the 1940's. However I'll admit that I just don't have the drive for any sustained work. I have been thinking about continuing it or perhaps throwing it open here with some more additional background information for others to join in.

I figure that this is the best way that I can contribute with my artwork. I guess I'm a wanna be engineer. I've got ideas but I'll admit that I just don't have the mathematical background for such.

I do appreciate that fact that people have enjoyed my contributions though. Who knows as far as being recognized I figure that if someone looks at this thread and likes what they see that's good enough for me.

I mainly do this for a hobby and a creative outlet.

Edit to add:

Go ahead Silo13. Feel free to pick out one for avatar use. I'd be honored.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by Deson]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deson

I'm probably not going to get involved in the writing itself. I think of myself as a mediocre writer at best.

I just read the first part. That was actually pretty good give yourself a little credit. I'm looking forward to finishing the rest. Great job.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Well, I've got the basics for my post during the meeting fleshed out, just have to work it into the circumstances of the meeting. The way it stands now, it's set on the bridge, video and comms with the Yydryl, and neno isn't involved in the conversation, because he has one of his own going on on the side with an 'aide', trying to explain to him about the aliens he's looking at. However the meet takes place, I'll try to work it in. So far it's only got comments on Cindymars and the Regallians in it, I'm not sure what to think about Antar or Loam yet, and I'm assuming Silo has merged into carpet, or a wall or something. Seems to be a habit when she gets spooked, sort of a survival strategy!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well, I would shake hands (erm... tentacles/appendages) with the alien crew when we meet them but I would have to get through my straight jacket first.

Studious, I get the feeling you and I will be keeping each other company in the nuthouse.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by SeekerOfAUTMN]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerOfAUTMN
Well, I would shake hands (erm... tentacles/appendages) with the alien crew when we meet them but I would have to get through my straight jacket first.

Studious, I get the feeling you and I will be keeping each other company in the nuthouse.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by SeekerOfAUTMN]

I'm gonna have to section off a part of the brig, and pad the walls! I'll make sure MY area has extra padding, just because I can...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Yeah no kidding.
I want a security detail guarding my quarters if those two are free to meander the corridors.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Nawwww, I’ll stand at attention (on the other side of the room from the Regalians) and as long as no one makes any fast moves (or begins to drool) I’ll try not to disappear into any walls.

And since there’s no Carpet on bridge - my support system will be out.
I’ll probably end up hiding behind Cindymars - until I see all the U-Mans from the Penny show up!

Have to add I feel kind'a bad we're not meeting in the huge room with the Whales though... I hate leaving them out...

Happy Mothers Day All!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Awww.... I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Sorry, couldn't resist the classic Agent Smith quote from the Matrix.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I was under the impression that the whale tank was on the bridge of the Yydryl, and I presume that would be the location for any 'video conference'?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I was under the impression that the whale tank was on the bridge of the Yydryl, and I presume that would be the location for any 'video conference'?

I was confused about that, really.
I thought Scurvy and Whisper were there in a lip lock but then in one of the last posts they were headed to the bridge...

But hey - my fault - I keep getting my directions all twisted around on-board!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
BOO!

Yes, Scurvy moved us along to the requested bridge meeting. Safe to assume we have on screen communicators there as well. I suppose the big question is who is going to answer that hail? Every ship should have a second in command. Any volunteers?

I envision all of us now having reached the bridge, answering the hail and who's in charge now the big questions.

Sorry, again, for my absence. Received four lovely shots in the neck and shoulder on Friday and have a two hour MRI scheduled for tomorrow. Ugh, I'm such a gimp!

"Bring out the gimp"
"Gimp's sleepin'"
"Well, wake him up" - Pulp Fiction

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
BOO!

Yes, Scurvy moved us along to the requested bridge meeting. Safe to assume we have on screen communicators there as well. I suppose the big question is who is going to answer that hail?
I envision all of us now having reached the bridge, answering the hail and who's in charge now the big questions.

Well

It might help if some of you had Opposable Thumbs those knobs could get a bit tricky otherwise

When you said that it reminded me of an old Far side joke.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Silo "death by nut" very funny.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

Hey whisper maybe I can take a shuttle over and answer that annoying hail for ya guys.

Edit to add great post

STAR

[edit on 12-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
PLEASE shoot me a U2U when you are all ready to join on the bridge!!!

This is a point when we need to really collaborate and then afterwards the little side acts can come in to play that we are ALL so looking forward to right?

Deason did you post in the Opera? I stopped in here first but without a doubt, I want to be there when we meet the U-mans.

Now if this were in BTS we could have Muttering going on on the side as well... It dissapears into the ethers after a bit anyway so we could actually collaborate right there on the bridge in ways that only the readers that follow us could enjoy, sort of like a backstage pass...

I am excited this is about to really take off, and I WANT to BATTLE! We need a common enemy guys! Soon!!!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Hi Antar,
Yeah I posted about Muttering - only to realize later it was for BTS only.
What a bummer.
What a fab way that would have been to work through the upcoming gathering of the crews.

Anyone have any ideas on how to handle everyone being on deck at the same time?

Put everyone's name in a hat and pull pairs to team up?

Try to have all here at the same time (I’m flexible on time so makes no diff to me)...

???

Happy Spring All!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
In my last post I moved Whisper and I FROM the bridge in the direction of the observation deck, then upon receiving Antar's request Whisper and I simply headed back towards the bridge where Whisper has placed us now.
I believe that's where the whales are.

I agree antar we do need a battle... since we demolished that moon my trigger... suction pod... has been awfully itchy.

Great work there Deson. That shuttle looks great. As for it being organic I agree with you that it's just not feasible when taking atmospheres and such into account. The Yydryl was specially designed for space travel and is a top of the line craft, I doubt that amount of effort and resources would be put into each and every vehicle, especially those that only serve single purposes like transport from ship to ship.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scurvy

I agree antar we do need a battle... since we demolished that moon my trigger... suction pod... has been awfully itchy.

Careful what ya wish for, there, Scurvy! Looks like us warlike humans ain't had much going on BUT battle, 2/3 of the time against ourselves!

and now Asher is on his way to shoot high energy plasma bolts at an N-bomb that can make the sun explode and kill us all. Asher says it'll be ok... BUT he's wrought quite a lot of havoc before...

Do y'all have any aspirin on Yydryl? And maybe a high speed hyper-drive? It would have to be capable of outrunning a nova... I'm thinking of defecting, 'cause life is subject to getting exciting without notice over here...

[edit on 2009/5/13 by nenothtu]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Don't worry I am planning to defragment your entire crew once on the Yydryl, you will have never felt better and this is a good way to insure that you are contaminant free from your homeworld. I will be offering hydration crystals to everyone as well as nutrition supplements that keep you from needing to eat and also disintegrate your bio waste...

I know that eating can be a great way to spend quality time with each other and yet the bio waste disintegrators will eliminate the need to purge yourself of that nasty fecal material...

Oh I need to go check on my little friend Deez! He will have chewed straight through the palladium box I keep him in, seems like he and silo should get into a fight over a nut at somepoint!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Silo if I may ask some clarification.

In your second last post you positioned both yourself and CM in the bridge, stating that "Kicking Carpet away from my feet, mumbling a “Thank you” to Cindymars as I brushed past her I made my way onto bridge and across to the gigantic tank teaming with life."

Now in your new post you state this:
"“Silo, we don’t have time for this - you can come back and see the Whales later - let’s get a move on” Cindymars waited another fraction of a second before turning and resuming her way down the corridor.

Somehow it didn't feel right, leaving these beasts behind. The Whales belonged on the bridge of the Yydryl. But then I didn't suppose even the Yydryl's command post being large enough for their tank."

A.) I thought they were on the bridge
B.) I thought you and CM were already on the bridge

Could you clarify for me please where the whales are and where you and Cindy are right now?

I think if anyone is going to take over as second in command on the Yydryl it should be antar. Her character seems to be in the loop and it seems a natural choice to me. If no one else feels up to it I can take the position, Scurvy has some experience on pira... I mean scavenging vessels.

Haha Neno you can come over to the Yydryl anytime, I need some male company now that loam has abandoned me! Rigel Ales on me!

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join