It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 128
<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Hmmm...

What are your plans concerning the NI agents in your briefing room Luder? What's going to happen with them?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Hey crew of the P...

I'll be creating a folder in my pictures that everybody could use for posting. They will be of corridors and other ship locations. It may take me a day or two to post so stay tuned.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerOfAUTMN

Not sure yet - since NI is kind of your baby, I was going to ask if you had some suggestion.

Luder is too bound by honor and code to outright kill them or space them. We could probably throw them back into the brig, but with our resident pain in the arse still loose on the ship - that may not go over so well.

Maybe during the confusion Asher got his revenge?

You could very well work that in.

Dunno.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
reply to post by SeekerOfAUTMN

Not sure yet - since NI is kind of your baby, I was going to ask if you had some suggestion.

Luder is too bound by honor and code to outright kill them or space them. We could probably throw them back into the brig, but with our resident pain in the arse still loose on the ship - that may not go over so well.

Maybe during the confusion Asher got his revenge?

You could very well work that in.

Dunno.

I think neno wouldn't much mind helping them get irrevocably "lost", if Luder doesn't order him NOT to. Need to get whatever info they have first. I'm not opposed to stranding them on the planet, assuming it doesn't have any sentinent life for them to command and control, or otherwise interfere with.

Of course, even if there IS a civilization of some sort present, planets are BIG things, and almost always have remote corners to "lose" things in. Might be better than outright killing them, but it leaves the possibility open for them to come back another day, in which case neno has to add some more to the list of folks he's got to watch his back for, for the rest of his days...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Concerning my fighter design located at here. Shall I go with it? Along with the armament? or shall I modify? What's the general consensus? I'd like a consensus prior to my posting the info in the Yydryl info thread. Also what sort of background (if anything special) shall I do for it? (if accepted)

I can easily create various views of it (front, top, side) along with a close up of the missile design. You can see 2 of them on the top. You'll note no fins on it. Instead it uses a main thruster for forward movement and those red recessed rings in the back are steering jets for maneuverability.

Edit to add:

Concerning "losing" the NI perhaps a small deserted island might be in order? Almost any planet with water is going to have at least one.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by Deson]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Cool stuff that. I vote for it just the way it is...

Question: The red parts (sorry I don't know their names) - is there a reason for them being red?

Just curious is all...

As for a background, I've not one clue...

[edit on 19-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm not sure what red parts your referring to. Perhaps these?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/179bf9b6915e.jpg[/atsimg]

Full sized

The front is where the contact area for the warhead is, the rear red areas are where the steering jets for the missiles are located. The bottom one is the Torp for use against larger vessels.

If your referring to the red stripes on the black gun barrels? It's just really for decoration. I can do some close up renderings to clarify it if that helps.

If all else fails, perhaps you can copy my post sized pic, circle it and repost it here with the area circled that your talking about in case I'm off on this.

Thanks for the input! I'd like to get others comments as well. I'm not limiting this to just the Yydryl crew either. Comments from all are appreciated.

Edit to add: At the moment if I change the color on the steering jets, it affects everything that you see in red on the missles since it's all one unit. I can easily change that however.

Edit also to add:
The Blue and gold parts are the mounting pylons on the fighter (still unnamed at this point) and are not a integral part of the missle itself.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
OK.

I've created a folder for the crew of the Penelope. This is the first of many batches I'll be making. You can use the pictures however you see fit. I tried to keep them pretty generic so they can be used for any situation. I'll be adding more as time goes by. They are all 325 pixels wide by various heights. Nothing too huge. Let me know if you would like a particular image larger, adjusted or edited to add items. There are no animated ones although those are available upon request. If you're not sure how to align them left or right just let me know and I'll be happy to assist.

Let me know if the link works for you and you have access to them for posting. I think this link should work for all. More to come so stay tuned.

Opera images here

PEACE

Slay

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c7d8a8f64297.jpg[/atsimg]

Ok, number one is? Looks like something burning to me, maybe you could make it a little more, well, *burney*? Or would that ruin it? It might huh... Never mind...

Number 2 - the red tubes or pipes are what?
Sorry I am so dreadful at space things and names - it's not your deficiency Deson - it's most definitely mine.

I was curious why they're red and what they're are.

Thanks tons!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The link is fine - but no pics.

Looking forward to seeing some!

[edit on 19-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Can you explain what you mean?
The link works but no pics? How long did you wait for them to load?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

This album does not contain any photos!

The above notice is all I got on the link.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Did anybody else get that message?

Here's the link again. Strange? When i click on it there are tons of pics?

media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=list_photos&album_id=5826

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by silo13

Can you explain what you mean?
The link works but no pics? How long did you wait for them to load?

It says this album does not contain pictures.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Slayer69,

You are having the same problem that I had. Since you are signed into the site when looking at the photo album, it'll give a different url.

Try this one instead

that should work. I have to do the same thing with mine for other to look at.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Deson

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c7d8a8f64297.jpg[/atsimg]

Ok, number one is? Looks like something burning to me, maybe you could make it a little more, well, *burney*? Or would that ruin it? It might huh... Never mind...

Number 2 - the red tubes or pipes are what?
Sorry I am so dreadful at space things and names - it's not your deficiency Deson - it's most definitely mine.

I was curious why they're red and what they're are.

Thanks tons!

ok, number one is the emitters for the Beam weapons the (end of the barrel).

Number 2, are mostly decorative stripes on the Beam weapon barrels themselves. After this thunderstorm passes, I'll try to post a closer up view of the Beam cannons from several angles.

by the way, I can change the colors of either pretty easily.

Thunder, gotta go!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deson
I have to do the same thing with mine for other to look at.

Teamwork that was it thanks.

BETTERER, MORE BETTER LINK HERE!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hey guys,
Good news and bad news.
The bad news is that my time will be limited for the next 5 weeks because I am being sent to Singapore to do a job.
The good news is that means I don't have to quit and do something where I ask if "you want fries with that?"
That means I can afford to keep spending some free time on things like this instead of getting a second job to make ends meet.

I don't know if I will be onshore or off and I don't know what my schedule will be. Hopefully I will be able to access internet at least once every few days and keep up.
I'm supposed to leave sometime in the next 72 hours but can't get any better than that so hopefully I will have another post or two between now and then.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Congrats! You were saying that you needed work and here it it.

We will look forward to your post.

See ya weasaldrawers.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
About the Media links:

what do you see when clicking on My Paintings ?

Maybe I need to fix it as well.

top topics

<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join