It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 131
<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by mf_luder

I found that when I stressed the need for my *recruits* to actually read the whole story before posting?
“No way - too much reading” Was the general consensus.
Oh well...

I don't get that.
I enjoyed the thread. That's why I wanted to join.
It's suprising the number of aspiring writers who want to write but don't think reading is important.

Having said that, I'm sorry I haven't posted in a few days. I'm going to get one in soon.
I just stepped in to see what was going on and keep up with recent posts. Great writing by the way.
Really enjoying it.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
reply to post by SLAYER69

I hope he doesn't think that I'm really mad at him in real life - LOL!!!!

I hope he's okay, too.

"The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" - Mark Twain

I'm not angry at all.

Slayer was right I was just a little busy. However I'm back now.

About the NI agents dropping them off on the planet seems like a good idea.

I'm trying to play up the boOOoOOo Studious is a ghost. ohhhhh ahhhhh.

But I'd actually like to be dropped off on the planet as well, once.....(if
) Studious gets captured. I've got some good ideas if we do that.

So my vote is drop the NI guys off now. Then Studious plays a few ghost tricks. Then gets captured and dropped off alone. Then Studious must trek through the planet's surface to reach the NI guys.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Studious]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Studious

You WANT to be marooned? And then link up with the NI guys? Now THAT'S spectacular evidence of crazy!

I think we may have a budding young super-villain in our midst!

[edit on 2009/6/22 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Hey guys I may be offline for a few days maybe longer maybe not. I dunno. Something has come up IRL that needs to be addressed

Wish me luck.

Hey I'm glad your back good to know you're OK Studios

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c082accadbe8.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 22-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Hey - sounds good to me!

I'll cook something up soon enough for the "trip" the NI guys are about to take.

Give me about 24 hours.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
badgerprints

It seems we have a wing commander

Good post.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Thanks Slayer.
You've been doing a lot of nice posts. Great artwork as always.

There have been a lot of good posts from pretty much everybody recently. I think we get inspired to do better work when the other members do well. I'm really enjoying this thread.

I don't participate in the rest of the site much anymore. This one is more fun than the rest of them.

Silo,
Talking bear rug?
You are one twisted kitty.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Silo is flipping hysterical, I laughed out loud when I read her post today.

Penelope crew that never wanted to come together for my dinner party.
It had an Alice in Wonderland theme.
movies.yahoo.com...

Now if I did it I would be ripping off just like I subconsciously did with Claire De loon from "Twilight" LOL

[edit on 23-6-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I want to thank Deson for the fab pic of the Yydryl I used in my avatar.
I'm not sure I'm going to keep the pic of my character but I know I'll keep the pic of the Yydryl!

Thank you again Deson!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I think its very nice.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Sorry if I've been somewhat silent of late.

Defending the US Military on some other threads for about 4 days now.

I'll have a new post up shortly.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

You need an air strike?

Gimme the coordinates.

I gotta warn you though, I'm a thread killer.

Sometimes the only posts behind me are people going in for a double tap.

Or they post something that is quickly blanked out for extreme T&C violation.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by badgerprints]

[edit on 24-6-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Full spread of JDAMS, please.

and if you are a thread killer, by all means - kill these threads so I can focus on other stuff again.

There are one or two idiots who are still persistent.

I managed to completely run one guy off - LOL - after proving him completely wrong on something.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I've been reading those myself, interesting stuff.

Honestly though, despite all the effort you put into it, it's not going to change their opinions. Simply put, people will believe in the stupidest crap simply because it fits their world view, because they WANT to believe it.

Passion rules reason, after all.

I won't say it's a waste of time, because you are at the very least, affirming what your personal beliefs are to yourself, but it won't change anything on their ends. "Haters gonna hate".

By the way, my esteemed opinion falls in with your side of the argument.

Anyway, so what are we planning next then? Dropping some NI lackeys off on the surface? We have to find Studious too, the crafty asylum escapee...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
ok, a brief update on my status.

Deson's computer saga:

Initial crash of system, had a 120 gig C drive, a 160 gig D drive, and a 20 gig E drive. Attempted format of C drive to reinstall windows xp (after it had been vary badly corrupted). Format of C was taking way to long. Did a quick format figureing that it was software screwup and not hardware related. Reinstalled Windows, installed other software, XP crashes due to files being unreadable, tried a reinstall, accidently did a reinstall on the wrong drive resulting in wipeout of 90% of all my backup files. Decided that i had enough. Created a 40 gig partition on the C drive. Started a full fledged format (during yet another reinstall) of the 40 gig partition. 12 hours goes by and the format is only up to 16% of a 40 gig partition. Decide that the C drive is shot. Yank out C drive entirely and install xp on what was the D drive (now C drive) leaving everything else intact.

Run checks, reinstall xp, run more checks, install drivers, update, reboot, update more, reboot, run system checks, install other drivers, configure things, lather, rinse, repeat, tear out hair, repeat, etc. I THINK, I now have a stable system. Know more by tomorrow. After at least pulling one last check to make sure all is ok. I'll still need to reinstall Bryce and what little backups (textures and some models) that I possess.

I figure that i won't be able to start contributing again until at least tomorrow afternoon/evening at best.

Wish me luck and I'll be able to contribute what I can as soon as I can.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deson
lather, rinse, repeat,

I feel for ya buddy but that was just too funny.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

You need an air strike?

Gimme the coordinates.

I gotta warn you though, I'm a thread killer.

Sometimes the only posts behind me are people going in for a double tap.

Or they post something that is quickly blanked out for extreme T&C violation.

I was gonna run to help too, but I have pretty much the same effect on threads and posters.

What the heck, I might do it anyhow. Perhaps we can tag-team 'em and get 'em on the ropes, so Luder can concentrate on ridding us of NI infiltrators.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

I feel for ya too! After one round of difficulties like that, I repartitioned the c: drive into two logical drives, leaving just enough for Windows XP and a bit more on the new "c:" drive (I allowed 16 gigs total for it), and placing the rest of the space on the physical drive into the new D: drive.

!6 gigs gave me plenty of room for the OS and drivers, and some programs that insist on being installed to c:, plus a good chunk left over for a temporary workspace/download space that holds nothing longer than it takes me to move it elsewhere. At the same time, 16 gigs can be reformatted fairly quickly for a brand-new fresh install of the OS when that becomes necessary (until you, I thought I was the only person who could break XP, and did so regularly). I then created a "Program Files" folder on D: to install programs to.

So far so good, except now my E:/F: drive, totalling 300 gigs, is trying to go out on me, and will need replaced soon. But that's all data and won't require an OS reinstall.

Good luck, and avoid sticking your foot through the monitor. It won't help. Trust me.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerOfAUTMN

Sorry man - everyone really - between work and those threads..... AAARRGGHGHHHh -

I get sooo pissed that I want to hack accounts and go find people so I can put my 11.5 Wide combat boot up their rear ends....

Anyway.

The story.

I was planning on detailing something Science found on the surface that would warrant sending an away team down to. The only hairy part is going to be justifying the presence of the NI prisoners on any surface mission.

If they are suddenly taken out of their restraints and told they're going on a mission - how would you respond?! lol

I was thinking sedating them and putting them in a life-support equipped torpedo, then launching them down to the surface.

That leaves the problem of Studious.

He doesn't want to be found but said he wouldn't mind getting marooned.

Neno - maybe your security teams could find him somewhere or do a thorough, deck-by-deck search of the entire Penelope. Luder is still waiting on the full report he is supposed to get from Slayer (simply because I'm afraid Slayer is going to have a list of other things wrong w/ the ship to bring up - lol) before he makes any major actions involving moving the ship anywhere.

I'll have a post up over lunch. I promise.

new topics

top topics

<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join