It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 125
<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
reply to post by SLAYER69

I Opera thread freezes my home pc. Totally no other thread on ATS but that one.

Cim, I'm running Firefox too. I ran into the same problem about 2 months ago, and installed an addon called "NoScript", and haven't had that problem since. The page was executing some scripts, the only one I can remember was from "GoogleAnalytics" I think. That in combination with my C:\ drive being perpetually and chronically over full pushed my computer over the edge, I think, but the "NoScript" seemed to fix it. It blocks automatic loading of videos too, but gives you a button to push if you want to watch them anyhow, and will then load the video.

If you want me to, I can try and ferret out the link for the NoScript addon for you.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Excellent posts, Slayer! your middle name McGuyver or something? Can neno stop quivering and chanting "We're all gonna die, We're all gonna die!" now?

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Captain we are out of danger! The fires have been extinguished. I need to talk to you about a few things! When you get a chance. Of course Sir.
Slayer out!

You're gonna ask the boss for another raise, aren't you?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

A raise?

We're out of reactor plasma, I burned up our reserve O2 and I blew all our food out the air locks. I think I may have caused more damage than Studious if that's even possible

[edit on 17-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by nenothtu

A raise?

We're out of reactor plasma, I burned up our reserve O2 and I blew all our food out the air locks. I think I may have caused more damage than Studious if that's even possible

[edit on 17-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

We can always resupply from that planet while you chew some bubble-gum and twist up some twine to finish the repairs

O2 and food can be got from there, and I'm sure your alchemical prowess can whip up some means to convert some of the atmo into plasma for the reactor.

Once repairs are finished and we can limp back to L2, we'll just raid THEIR stores! ARGH, MATEY!

Oh, and Studious better come to, before one of the security staff or repair crews trips over his inert body in all that smoke, and he winds back up in the brig and has to blow us up again to escape!

[edit on 2009/6/17 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Masqua: interesting warpship design! Looks like an Ophiuchi ship to me, and it DOES require dark energy! I bet the Dark Lord is whippin' around the galaxy right now in one of those, trying to find us to do an epic battle!

Deson: Think you could whip up a model of it for use in illustrations? If you don't have the time, I'll just go with my original plan of using your Civ2 Ship for that eventual encounter.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

That looks similar to the design concept I was given in my early 20's by Et dream state. Similar but missing some of the major propulsion units proper alignment.

Looks like we humans are on our way, wonder how many tecs have dream connections to the ET's?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I was really sleepy last night while trying to catch up onmy Opera reading, lots of great posting since my departure 2 weeks ago.

I am a little lost though, so when did the Pen leave and where are they now other than above some new planet? Are we still in connection with them?

Is the radiation from the Big rip causing plasma type explosions on it, or some other malfunction with all the fires?

Do we plan to hook up again and when do we do battle with the forces of the dark lord?

Cin and Silo, loved reading about your earthly adventures, how long do you plan to be down there?

TTTP are good or bad? How did you become Captain? Or am I just really behind? Also nanites are older technology as we have bio organic nanites which actually have the ability to think and make critical decissions.

Glad to see silo addressed it in her last post when she told cin about the acting captain stealing the documents.

antar is not here to judge or even care to involve herself with the political side of the Opera, just an observer.

cin love your ability, that is going to come in very handy...

Its all beautiful. Love the direction yet still waiting for some connectivity to the original story line with the bigrip, and the darl lord.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It's remarkable the way the Science forums seem to be picking up on the same stuff that the Opera is using. I wonder if the main thread is actually acting as a source for members to start searching out some of the terms like Dark Energy and the possibilities of FTL through folding spacetime and womholes.

I love it.

Great posts on the visit to contemporary Earth, btw.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Hi ya Antar, glad you’re back!
Beautiful post to bring you back in!
And thanks also for the encouragement to the *Earth* posts - it’s been fun.

To answer your question Cim has some things planned - some secrets I don't even know - but I’ll be a going out today to get all I’ll need for Ships Center and returning soon. And if I understand Cim correctly we're not gone from the Yydryl for more than a few moments.

Got a question though - so you don’t have to go back through all the posts.

We’ve pointed out to ToTheTenth that no, he’s not Captain as we can’t have a new Captain when the old one is still on board (as far as the readers know). I mean we haven't even figured out what to do with Scurvy.

Here’ where we all need your help. What should we do about Scurvy? He needs to be *gone* but with a means to return.

It’s been dragging on for soooo long now and it’s perfectly ridiculous as we’ve had an invasion, a damaged Ship, a fight on board, Whispers going missing, a break out, a crew member join and another come on to Ship bleeding and all with NO interaction or reference to the Yydryl’s Captain.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I’ll post my opinion again.
I’d hoped we would have Ship be Captain and all of us take a hand at *directing* when it fell naturally to our character - but of course I’m not adverse to a Captain if that’s what the collaboration decides on.

I was under the impression that you were next in line for the *job* - and that’s all fine and good - but I’d hate to loose you too (thus my suggestion Ship is her own Captain)...

Please, what do you think - we've been waiting for you to get back to hear your opinion and get this ironed out.

PS - So that means we'll be heading for Earth? Because the Whales need to go back?

Thanks tons and again, welcome back.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Masqua: interesting warpship design! Looks like an Ophiuchi ship to me, and it DOES require dark energy! I bet the Dark Lord is whippin' around the galaxy right now in one of those, trying to find us to do an epic battle!

Deson: Think you could whip up a model of it for use in illustrations? If you don't have the time, I'll just go with my original plan of using your Civ2 Ship for that eventual encounter.

You want a model of the warpship? I can probably build it. I'll have to take a look see. Got the thread already bookmarked. Did you want a actual 3d model or a rendering? By the way, I'm in the process of rebuilding the Yydryl fighter design. Got most of the main body built and the pylons already. Now it's a matter of adding in the engines, weapons systems, and further texture work. This'll take a couple of days so please bear with me on this.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Hey Antar, welcome back, I hope you had a nice vacation.
I will Silo back when we are done, I am not sure exactly but another couple post from Earth with her at lease, it is up to her. She has been a dream to collaborate with. After that I have some stuff on Earth but may have to come back to Yydryl to brief you guys. As far as storyline and captains go?????????? I will follow your leads.

Silo great post.

Antar I have not gotten to read yours yet but starred it in advance. I am anxious to read it going soon.

Hugs, Peace!

Thanks Neno!

Edited to add:

My secret is really not that big of a deal however my new plan for the woods, might really tie in some possibilitis. Maybe and after reading your last post Antar (awesome) I think so, we are thinking along some of the same lines.

Cim

[edit on 17-6-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Studious: “Give me the cane.”

Guard: “No way! I got this from some prisoner.”

“Look at me I’m like 100…just give me the cane.”

Well I guess to 19 and 20 year olds you would be ancient.

I spat my coffee out when I read that.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

It was not my choice it was the whales decission to return to the blue planet, is that possible? And if so to what year now that cin has afforded us the ability to TT?

I am fine with anyone who chooses to take the roll of Captain, but it comes with a cost and they should be aware of that, lol.

Your idea of allowing everyone to play the part of the ship is a very solid one, I agree but we dont want to make the TTP feel bad. So after you received word from carpet about the theft of the documents we could clean this up and make ship captain without much trouble. But what to do with the current acting capt TTtP? Place him in a holding area? Let him go with a warning?

And one more thing as I see it Cin would be next in line for Capt. if she chose the position. I am not a leader nor a follower, just an independent.

Anyway it is up to the rest of you really, I have no problem with whichever direction it takes us. However I want you to be comfortable too, so perhaps we should hold a vote and up with the no captain issue formally.

Be sure and check out route 66!!! A swirly dipped cone too!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Just simply LOL, that was a good one Cin!! Haha...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Deson do you have everything in one place where i can go click and save to my comp? I wanted to use some of your work in my last post, but dont have the time to look back through the entire thread to find it, lol. I need a nap right now, wow!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Hey Antar, welcome back.

I only took the "makeshift" captain position in regards to when Myth actually boarded. I was kind of by myself for my first 4 or 5 posts, so I didn't have much to work with.

I am NOT the captain currently, and if you're going to be in the med bay, there is a very bright ball of light which is continually glowing in there somewhere. One of the cryo-beds.

The staff know what's going on as one of them attempted to intervene.

Anyway, It doesn't really matter what happens with the Captain, I like the whole the ship captain's itself kind of thing and we just follow along, that would probably makes things easier.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Ohh and in regards to nanites, they are bio-mechanical as well, a living entity that acts by itself and makes concious decisions, but I more or less guide the way since I need them in order to keep my Watcher's suit in tact.

That's the reason for my "cocoon" like transformation that's goin on right now.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Your idea of allowing everyone to play the part of the ship is a very solid one, I agree but we dont want to make the TTP feel bad. So after you received word from carpet about the theft of the documents we could clean this up and make ship captain without much trouble. But what to do with the current acting capt TTtP? Place him in a holding area? Let him go with a warning?

Agreed.
Maybe he'll go to navigation like he came on board to do since the whales will be gone? (Just a suggestion of course)...

And one more thing as I see it Cim would be next in line for Capt. if she chose the position. I am not a leader nor a follower, just an independent.

I was talking from the standpoint of Ship hierarchy. Like you I wouldn't want the job and thank my stars I'm only a glorified stowaway!

I’ve no problem with ToTheTenth taking the position as long as no toes get stepped on and as long as we all come to some agreement on what to do about Scurvy.

Have you any ideas that could tie into your story line - why Scurvy is missing?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Deson

Deson do you have everything in one place where i can go click and save to my comp? I wanted to use some of your work in my last post, but dont have the time to look back through the entire thread to find it, lol. I need a nap right now, wow!

In theory this link should work. Collaborative album

That should contain everything that I've done for this thread. Note that the pics that have "(post)" in their names are already setup for posting size (500 by 400). It's something that I've been recently doing.

On a related note: I've just finished rebuilding the basic framework for the Yydryl fighter. Next will be adding in of weapons systems and maybe some touch up.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7841f1c016cb.jpg[/atsimg]

Full sized pic

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Navigation sounds like it would be pretty good. As far as Scurvy goes, in my next post, which will be entitled Villains, I was thinking of tying in the Dark Lord to move the story forward, and I also thought it would be a good way to show my character some of the past events that were important.

What do you guys think?

~Keeper

top topics

<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join