It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 129
<< 126  127  128    130  131  132 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

The same.

This album does not contain pictures.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The link takes me back to my own gallery, rather than yours.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I think this is the link you wanted to post:

Slayer's Space Opera Gallery

Did I get it right? Or were you linking to a different gallery? This one was named "Penelope".

Edit: Nevermind. I see it has been resolved.

Holy Smokes! That's a lot of work there, Slayer!

[edit on 2009/6/19 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

It takes me back to an empty gallery under my own account called "my paintings". It's empty because my account doesn't have a gallery by that name, so it doesn't really exist. If you read the url above the gallery, it should have "/Masqua/" in it instead of "/my_pictures" or something of that nature.

I've found the best way to do it is navigate to one of my pictures, then copy and paste the URL for that picture, then delete everything in the url back to the gallery name, then post it.

Try this one:

Masqua's Paintings

Is that the right gallery, Masqua?

[edit on 2009/6/19 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I finally just went straight to Slayer's profile and I must say - Slayer - Fantastic job on the pics you provided us.

I really wish you'd give me(us) a class on how to do that so I could put my concept of what certain things look like into place for the command center and other areas.

But bravo nonetheless!

Sorry if I've been away - we did a 6 mile timed march w/ 50 pound rucks, our 16s and our helmets on thursday - I made it in 83 minutes and 35 seconds - when the time was supposed to be 2 hours. LOL. Anyhoo - I've been resting up and drinking a crap load of Jack.

I'll have some new stuff up soon.

See you guys then.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It is with a great sigh of dismay and a throbbing headache that I must announce that I won't be able to contribute for a couple of days at least. Last night my Xp installation went bad and I had no choice but to do a reinstall. The completed pictures (the ones in my gallery) are complete but I've lost almost all of the construction files used for my work in this thread. Shurikens, pistols, rifle, shuttle, fighter, travel pod, elevator, all gone and I can't recover the scrambled files either. So what I'll do after I reinstall the program is rebuild the fighter again, and carry on from there. This may take a few days so please bear with me. Luckily i have backup of the textures, it's just that the models (along with the installation) is gone.

So in short, if you want to use the artwork that's linked here, be my guest but you'll need to resize etc, yourself since I can't re-render them.

I'm sorry.

(sigh)

Link to collaborative gallery

Link to general spacecraft design

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Deson]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder

Sorry if I've been away - we did a 6 mile timed march w/ 50 pound rucks, our 16s and our helmets on thursday - I made it in 83 minutes and 35 seconds - when the time was supposed to be 2 hours. LOL. Anyhoo - I've been resting up and drinking a crap load of Jack.

I feel for ya. My boy and I did 6 miles yesterday. No rucks, but the temp was in the high 90's, as was the humidity, with a heat index over 100. We made it in about 92 minutes, mostly because my old, cigarette befuddled butt had to take too many breaks. That boy made me feel OLD, the way he kept going. I reckon he'll do. Ah, for the vigor of youth!

Did the link I posted above to Slayer's stuff not work for you? What about the one to Masqua's paintings?

Jack - Gatorade for the Hard Corps!

[edit on 2009/6/20 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

AAARRRGGHHH!!!!

I hate when that happens. I feel for you bud...
I've lost data plenty of times. Luckily the last two times I had everything backed up on a secondary drive.

Good luck

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
On the good news, I just (a few minutes ago) managed to get it reinstalled so basically I'm almost back to step one. I have some backups from my Bryce 5.5 but I can't find anything on the Bryce 6.1 side of things. I'll keep looking though but it's not looking good.

Lukily I do have backups of the textures, it's a matter of reinstalling them and a old CD containing backup of a lot of stuff from Bryce 5.5 (including the model that I used for the guns on the fighter).

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Deson]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Oh Deson. I'm so sorry.

That's really a loss for all of us.
And all the time and effort in your creations.

Ugh, I'm so sorry...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Sorry about that Deson. You've done some nice stuff.
Don't let it get you down. Behind every little disaster there is a cold beer to cheer you up.
Looking forward to seeing your new work.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
OH NOES! NOT MY Sherikins!!!

Ah Deson I dont think there is anyone that understands what you just experienced more than me, wow I am so sorry for you, dang! The travel pods??? Arggg. Well look at this as a challenge and not a defeat my creative friend.

On another note, ty Silo for the U2u, now what can I do for the Opera today? I too am having technical problems so what I 'can' do is to make a post that will work for all my crew members...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

How horrid is that what happened to Deson yes...

As for explaining Scurvy - IMO it would make sense to the readers that you take on that task Antar - I say this because you’ve both were ‘out of sight’ of the readers for a while and for you to come back and tell us all what the problem is - I think (stress think) the readers would find that a lot more comfortable and agreeable to deal with it coming from you.

Question is do you want to do it?

If not, then could you please give your opinion on why Scurvy is gone?
I just don’t think anyone feels comfortable tackling the task without your input and rightly so.
I know I’d appreciate it very much.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Ah ty Silo.

Well as I see it, he turned up missing about the time the umans boarded right? So the natural course would be to blame them...

So A. we blame them and set course to go confront them and scan their ship for scurvy.

Or B. I happen to know that scurvy has gone into a sort of hybernation period, one which all Regellians do on occassion... In which case he could have come to the RB to enter one of the 'stasis chambers' and now I must tell the crew? In the meantime we could all meet on the bridge and make ship the captain Interrex for the time being.

I dont know what do you think?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Hey guys, sorry for the absence. I don't know if you say my couple of last posts, but my current position is in this dream state, however my body is a ball of light in the med bay attached to one of the walls lol.

I've assuming somebody will take notice to that.
As far as scurvy goes, I don't know what to do about him, he was gone before I came, so I feel like it shouln't be me who makes the decisions, but the hybernation does make sense.

I vote Ay!

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

So A. we blame them and set course to go confront them and scan their ship for scurvy.

I’ve all but picked Scurvy up and tossed him on the Penelope. They wont have any of it, lol...

Or B. I happen to know that scurvy has gone into a sort of hybernation period, one which all Regellians do on occassion... In which case he could have come to the RB to enter one of the 'stasis chambers' and now I must tell the crew? In the meantime we could all meet on the bridge and make ship the captain Interrex for the time being.

I’ve no problem with that as long as he doesn’t look like he was chickening out of battle. I can’t imagine an excuse for him abandoning Ship during a battle to go into stasis unless he was hurt?

Here’s an idea... What about poison - that would tie that loose end in as well...?

You scan him in stasis as you also can’t believe he’d abandon ship during a battle - your scan shows he was poisoned? He must have made his way into stasis on his own to save his life? You were attending the hurt crew member from Penelope so Scurvy's only other choice was stasis or death?

Oh bother!

I dunno Antar I’m just so hoped we'd get this dilemma worked out as it's been draggin on for so long... It really doesn't matter to me the hows and why's he's gone as long as it's cleared up...

I’ve no fingernails left over this lol.

Thanks for your patience...

[edit on 21-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I agree I to love our crew member Scurvy and cant wait till his work in RL slows so he can once again join us. Definitely with dignity!

OK I will take a minute and post. Well maybe a bit longer lol!

Perfect day to post, beautiful hot day, making white Ghirardelli chip and peanut butter cookies...ummmm. Families in DR playing games and I have the comp to myself...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Wonderful post Antar. And I'll be in that little place of mine for a few posts more, I'm waiting on Slayer for my new avatar before my character comes out with a fresh face so to speak

As for the scurvy write out, well done, I'm sure he'll be more than happy with that since his absense.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

That's got it, neno. The link seems to be working now (at least for me).

Thank you.

I've had a fairly active weekend, so there's some catching up to do on the main thread.

Deson... sorry to hear about the meltdown and info loss. That sucks and I'm sure most of us have gone through it as well... so we know how frustrating that can be.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Good just a quick wrap up, and you know if we ever have to leave the Ship for an extended period of time she can caretake him, and if somethingever happens and we have aban---don ship, we can take the Cell with us...

new topics

top topics

<< 126  127  128    130  131  132 >>

join