It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 117
<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
My most recent post is the first part of a flashback that will eventually be entirely posted. Wake me up at any point.

Press the blue "I" under the image to see all of it. (They are black silhouettes with different hairstyles for practical reasons not stylistic.)

The idea is that Studious is reliving the events over and over again. While the readers see the first part one time, the second part next time etc... So waking Studious up at any point does not interfere with that.

If Studious is just sleeping now, am I allowed to wake the Colonel up at any moment?

About the scene to come.

Wait a second your bringing NI guys to the briefing room with Seeker there!

I've got a bad feeling about this.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by Studious]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Studious

If Studious is just sleeping now, am I allowed to wake the Colonel up at any moment?

About the scene to come.

Wait a second your bringing NI guys to the briefing room with Seeker there!

I've got a bad feeling about this.

Yeah, me too. Could get pretty hinky, couldn't it?

How does one disarm Asher without... well... taking his arms off?

[edit on 2009/6/13 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Hey I don't know if you were expecting a reply from the Yydryl, but I thought it appropriate to let you on your way.

Besides, who wants to talk with filthy, mind controlling aliens anyway? lol

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

I'm working on a concept for a mission patch and logo for the Penelope - and being that I'm in Korea (the home of excellent sew man ship) - lol - I can pretty much have any patch I desire made up and created.

I'll toss my concept drawings on here as soon as I can.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Heh, yeah I'm trying to figure out how that will go. Asher and NI have gotten off to a rocky start lately...

I suppose it has a lot to do with what will be done with them. I don't think Luder is just going to let them go, so Asher shouldn't have a huge problem with it.

He's certainly going to vote for the airlock option though.

link   
I wonder if anybody has made a Yydyrl avatar for us. I think I'd like to have one.

Anybody know?

~Keeper

link   
reply to post by nenothtu

heh.... heh..... heh.....

How do you know that wasn't my plan?

It would be most unfortunate if Asher were to ...."lose control".... one last time and rid us of the rest of the NI agents, wouldn't it?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Now that would be epic!

When do you think you will be getting you next post in Luder? I'm anxious to hear what Studious has to say.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerOfAUTMN

I should have it up in the next 30-45 minutes or so.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Alright, my "wake Studious up" post is up.

Sorry it's so short - but there's not really much else I can throw in there without controlling other characters and I'm loathe to do that.

Enjoy!

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Nope we all just use our own avatar.
Just make yourself one.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
"Mere flim-flam stories, and nothing but shams and lies." Is a quote from Don Quixote

I used the "Don't believe them, don't trust them." quote from Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.

Is Studious tied down? I'm assuming he is.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder

I'm working on a concept for a mission patch and logo for the Penelope - and being that I'm in Korea (the home of excellent sew man ship) - lol - I can pretty much have any patch I desire made up and created.

I'll toss my concept drawings on here as soon as I can.

Holy crap. The land of Kimchi and soju?
I was there from January 88 to July 89. Did two rotations on the dmz. I was based at Hovey. Bravo 503rd. We actually still had the scroll.
I put a lot of mileage on the leather over there.
Take a picture of some dried squid and we'll use it to scare the yydryl.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Yep - been here at Camp Stanley for nearly a year and in Korea since 2007. I'm a CI Agent stationed with the 524th MI Battalion.

I hate squid....

Bleh

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Studious

At last ladies and gentlemen...

The long-awaited Luder and Studious show down.

lol

The time has come.

ps

You're not only "tied" down - you're strapped into a medical gurney with a sedative still being pumped into you.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Oh, and tell him I am the captain, no need to get into silly details."

*Silly* details?

You’ve come aboard, not even bothered to look for the Captain who as far as the readers are concerned is STILL ON SHIP, and then you’ve made yourself Captain to the human, calling it *silly details*...

It’s insulting to the readers and the writers.

I asked a few posts back what the writes on the Yydryl wanted to do about the Captain, how WE should proceed, how WE should write the Captain out - giving him reason to return, and what WE would do about the position of Captain.

I see now, with NO collaboration, you single handedly took care of all those questions, with your *Silly details*...

Thanks - clears it all up just fine, just fine...

[edit on 14-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Luder I'd like permission to have you say "What?" four times.

This isn't going to work as well as I'd like it to if I can't.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by Studious]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Oh, before I forget - it sounds kind of silly but I just had to include the *That Darned Cat* phrase from the Disney Movie.
First thing I thought of when I saw Cindy's picture of the cat.
IS it the same one???

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Studious

lol

You can have me say What three times if you wish.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I'll post these here to avoid another "Fubar" ,as Whisper calls it, in case I need to change it.

I have made have Three Options

The First two are based off of the "SAY WHAT AGAIN!" also known as "The Breakfast Scene." From the movie "Pulp Fiction."

Option III is original and the only one that won't get me send out the airlock.

OPTION I

This was the Version in case I couldn’t use “What?” (Which might
have become funnier than the one with the four "what?"'s.

I didn’t lead the group sir Lt. Cmdr. Ackerman did. Now you were saying something about a “non-hostile” ship.

Luder doesn’t speak

“Oh, I’m sorry. Did I break your concentration? I didn’t mean to do that. Please, continue. You were saying something ignorant. Deny Ignorance Captain investigate!”

“Whatsamatter? Oh, y-you were finished? Well then allow me to retort. What does a hostile ship looks like?

Luder doesn’t speak.

“What country you from!”

Luder still doesn’t respond.

That ain’t no country I’ve ever heard of. They speak English in…” Studious makes Luder’s facial expression clenches his fist mocking the Captain’s movements.

Luder yet again doesn’t respond.

“English-motherf#####-do-you-speak-it?”

Studious knows the Captain does and continues when Luder does not answer.

“If you do then you understand what I’m sayin’! And what I’m sayin’ is that you need to look over the scans the chief engineer took of the enemy ship. Then you will know that ship was hostile.

Luder doesn’t change his expression.

“Make that face again I dare you, I double dare you motherf#####. Make that face one more time.

Option II

Studious L. Jackson. (Four “what’s” used. I said three before. I guess I'm the ignorant one now!

I didn’t lead the group sir Lt. Cmdr. Ackerman did. Now you were saying something about a “non-hostile” ship.

Luder doesn’t speak

“Oh, I’m sorry. Did I break your concentration? I didn’t mean to do that. Please, continue. You were saying something ignorant. Deny Ignorance Captain investigate!”

“Whatsamatter? Oh, y-you were finished? Well then allow me to retort. What does a hostile ship looks like?

Luder “What?”

“What country you from!”

Luder “What?”

“What ain’t no country I’ve ever heard of. They speak English in what?”

Luder “What?”

“English-motherf#####-do-you-speak-it?”

Studious knows the Captain does and continues when Luder does not answer.

“If you do then you understand what I’m sayin’! And what I’m sayin’ is that you need to look over the scans the chief engineer took of the enemy ship. Then you will know that ship was hostile.

Luder “What?”

“Say what again I dare you, I double dare you motherf#####. Say what one more time.

Option III

Studious Holmes (with tinfoil hat.)

Wife: “He’s lost his mind don’t anger him.” Studious THINKS and laughs a little to himself. “My “imaginary friend…er…wife” is telling me that he’s crazy. I’m going to do my Samuel L. Jackson impersonation…”

Wife: “No! Please just play nice ok….for me.”

Studious THINKS “Alright dear…but this’ll be so much less fun.”

When you’ve looked at human flesh being prepared as food in a jar THEN you can tell me the ship is non-hostile.”

Look at the chief engineers scans, that ship did transmit the signal that was behind the mind control. Deny Ignorance Captain investigate!”

Then it struck him….

The one who had reprogrammed the communications antenna output to be on the same wave front as the quantum signature of the mind control wave was……. Seeker.

Seeker had reprogrammed the communications antenna and probably knew how to change it back.

Studious realized Seeker would have had spent plenty of time aboard the enemy ship and might have been taken over and reprogrammed.

Therefore Seeker could easily be working for the aliens and could have shut off the communications antenna output. Meaning… It’s mind control!!

Wife sarcastically “Great work Sherlock! I’ll go make you a deerstalker out of tinfoil.” she rolls her eyes.

(A deerstalker is Sherlock Holmes' signature hat.)

This post is based after these comments Seeker’s post
here.

EDIT: Fixed odd formatting issue where all the text was bunched to the left.

Another EDIT: I needed four "what?" 's not three. That's my mistake.

new topics

top topics

<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join