It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 120
<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
ok, for your amusement and maybe reading pleasure I have just finished up the long rifle entry in the Yydryl a readers guide thread. I hope that you enjoy it and I hope it will clarify a few things about the weapon.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by silo13

I've already noticed, my initial scan didn't detect his signature, I had assumed he was simply MIA.

I don't count current NPC's as having signatures lol

In the meantime I am just waiting for your two to come back before we take off somewhere else.

~Keeper

Hey Tenth you do not have to wait on me to leave. I am honed to the signature of the ship. Silo will be back before me. Vacation? I have been writing just not aboard the Yydryl, Antar should be back soon. I don't know about anyone else. I have story ideas I plan to follow for the time being.

I cannot read Opera from home. What imput do you need from Cim?

Welcome back Antar, missed you. Hope you had a nice holiday.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Don't forget that she is equal to the Penelope in firepower. Keep tabs on what the Pen has as weapon systems (blowing up moons, etc
) and take stock of what the Yydryl is capable of.

Hey, if you guys on the Yydryl want some help with the weaponry of your ship, let me know. For some reason, I can get really creative with stuff that goes boom.

Anyway, I've got some really cool ideas for organic-style weaponry that would be effective in ship to ship battles. You guys have your weaponry laid out already, but if you feel like you need some additions let me know if I can help.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerOfAUTMN

Don't forget that she is equal to the Penelope in firepower. Keep tabs on what the Pen has as weapon systems (blowing up moons, etc
) and take stock of what the Yydryl is capable of.

Hey, if you guys on the Yydryl want some help with the weaponry of your ship, let me know. For some reason, I can get really creative with stuff that goes boom.

Anyway, I've got some really cool ideas for organic-style weaponry that would be effective in ship to ship battles. You guys have your weaponry laid out already, but if you feel like you need some additions let me know if I can help.

As far as I'm concerned, go for it. I may not have the time to do any development myself on them due to time constraints. I believe that in the Yydryl guide thread there is the basis for some of the weapons system. That'll give you a start.

oh by the way, I think I may have figured out a basis for a organic laser that could be mounted in the semi portable (type 2) (my next project). The basis would be a ramped up bioluminescence and a power supply based off a ramped up setup similar to an electric Eel. That maybe workable as well for the Fighters as beam weapons. For the fighters (thinking right now off the top of my head here) would be 3 fold. Beam weapons (4), Anti fighter Missiles (either target seekers or dumb fire or a combo). Perhaps a pack of dumb fire and some anti fighter. and a Torp or 2 (used for against capital ships). I figure fighter count would be about the same as the Penelope.

Oh here is a interesting idea for the seeker heads on the Missiles. Considering the advanced tech used I figure that the seeker head would build up a 3d model of the target and then launch. Doesn't use heat or radar and difficult to spoof. In fact the best (and perhaps only) way to dodge would be out somehow outfly the missile. Good for drama that way.

What do you think?

[edit on 14-6-2009 by Deson]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Studious

I think CindyMars idea is the best. The Yydryl Captain's keep disappearing because the ship cocoons them "wraith style."

Sounds cool doesn't it?
I asked CindyMars a few posts back to please explain as I have no idea what *wraith style* means - but knew we'd have to wait for Monday to get word so - CindyMars - when you get a chance can you explain what might be going on with the Captains and Ship?

Thanks!

*Waves to Antar* - Welcome back!

Deson I'm glad you didn't let the idea of the electric Eel go. It sounds pretty cool that.
Could the Eel be used with knives too? Or did you have something else in mind for me?
I'm looking forward to visiting you at the Armory again when I get back from Earth. I've not forgotten your *pouch* idea - (which I fully intend to use thank you) - but still need a weapon (you were thinking knives for me if I remember correctly no)?

[edit on 14-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

New writers coming on stream can cause ripples in the story, but look at such twists as opportunity rather than a problem.
The Yydryl needs a purpose... something to challenge her. Isn't there some threat beyond Earth, an ominous and dire threat?

I don’t see *ripples* being a problem at all - unless they directly conflict with the storyline.
In fact it’s a great opportunity - as you said - to challenge writing skills and infuse some new direction into the story.

As for Yydryl having a *purpose* I couldn’t agree more - that aspect of the Yydryl really needs to explored and defined.

Hopefully Myth and ToTheTenth - and now Antar (Welcome back) will choose to find (rather not find) Scurvy gone, (and Whisper) and somehow tie this all up (the missing Captains and whatever the outside *threat* is) in a way to give the Yydryl some true direction while at the same time satisfying the readers confusion of the continually missing Captain(s)

What's important right now is that which the visitors to Earth might learn and take back to the Yydryl and her crew.

I don’t know what CindyMars is cooking up - she’s got a secret she’s working on in the Earth segment.
As for me collecting and sending back all the *greens* for Ships Center - if that can be used (somehow) to help cement any emerging ideas/theories for why the Captains go missing - or the Yydryl ultimate purpose - please people, let me know and I’ll follow leads sent my way...

What's HE up to and what the heck is your former crew member telling HIM?

What former crew member? What did I forget here? (Sorry only 3 1/2 hours sleep last night)...

[edit on 14-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

I think CindyMars idea is the best. The Yydryl Captain's keep disappearing because the ship cocoons them "wraith style."

Sounds cool doesn't it?
I asked CindyMars a few posts back to please explain as I have no idea what *wraith style* means - but knew we'd have to wait for Monday to get word so - CindyMars - when you get a chance can you explain what might be going on with the Captains and Ship?

Thanks!

Well I'm not Cindymars but I'll answer this one because I know the answer.

Here is a picture of someone in a Wraith Cocoon

Usually they are knocked out but somehow this guy was woken up.

Here are less creppy looking pictures from the episode "No Mand's Land"

Rodney Cocooned

Ronan Cocooned

The ship grows around them and builds them into a cocoon.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by Studious]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Oh that’s just disgusting!

Then again - if the new Captains know that’s what they’re in for if they leave - hehehe - maybe it’s all find and good!

What’s the reason for *putting* or *keeping* them this way???

If you’ve a link I can go read and save you some time?

Thanks Studious...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

They use their hand to drain the "life force" from humans. Their victim rapidly appears to age as the "life force" is drained.

They "cull" humans from planet's as humans cull cattle. The Wraith store the culled humans away so they can drain the "life force" from them later.

Stargate Wraith Wiki Article

Nourishment for the adult Wraith is the human "life force". Humans or very similar beings (e.g., Ancients or other Wraith) are the only food source that can properly nourish a Wraith, although they are capable of cannibalism. It is also unknown whether or not the Wraith require fluids (e.g., water), to facilitate other bodily functions. The exact science of the life-force drain is not described, although it is portrayed as a materialistic process. This drain is depicted as though it could be likened to the sipping of a drink through a straw. The Wraith can drain their victims slowly in order to torture and obtain information, or just to perform an act of sadism. As the victim is drained of life, the victim experiences pain and appears to age rapidly. This is not actual physical aging, but a by-product of the feeding process.

Of course, ship could store them away for any number of reasons.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Neno,
Remember Badger has only been there a day. There are four bays in use I should have specified that there were two existing that were not in the rotation and haven't been since L2. But you don't know why yet. Neither does Badger. Didn't you notice that there have only been 48 fighters on the deployment rotation when you were in charge? You were pretty busy. Nobody really would expect to notice it as it has been kept pretty quiet.
Badger will figure it out soon and then you will know why too.

48? you KNOW neno can't count that high, right? should be 72, but when there's a whole swarm buzzing around, who counts?

Sounds like NI may have co-opted a couple of bays... or maybe I'm just paranoid about NI by now...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
reply to post by badgerprints

I was thinking using an actual military flight patch as a jumping board and going from there. Thinking something w/ the ship on it and maybe the registry - w/ Ventura Class or something like that on it.

Dunno - need to draw out some designs.

Talk to you guys soon.

Maybe something like Penelope flying out of a ring-shaped wormhole flanked by two interlocking ring nebulae, one on either side of the wormhole, so the 3 ring circus is an inside joke, and it still looks 'spacey', 2 0r 3 diamond shaped stars in the background.

The the registration as an arc at the top, USS Penelope in am arc at the bottom.

Still working on ideas...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Actually - you and I think a LOT alike, Neno.

Scary.

I like this idea AND you're right - it does carry the 3 ring circus joke.

I'll draw something up tonight for a rough idea.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

If you hear frustration in my earlier post it stems from to date the Yydryl has yet to address all the missing Captains and it's getting downright ludicrous.

Relax I have them all!

I shaved their heads and stuck em in a locker aboard the P!
Muahahahahaha.

Just be careful tenth Every captain so far has gone AWOL on us.

Yeah Tenth, make sure you NEVER put on a red shirt! Yydryl eats Captains for breakfast!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

The Yydryl needs a purpose... something to challenge her. Isn't there some threat beyond Earth, an ominous and dire threat?

As well, if you keep reading the posts in the Space Exploration forum, you might find some really interesting information coming out... like immense neutrinos as big as a thousand galaxies and a Betelgeuse that is shrinking.

There's ideas out there that can be used in the Opera.

And of course Betelgeuse IS in the political sphere of the Orion Alliance...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Maybe Studious would volunteer to write for the NI agents, and just leave his badge off of the top of the NI agent posts?

In all honesty, he seems to have the way they think down pat, going by his discussions with Horkos, Ackerman, etc. and might be a better choice than any of the rest of us.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

And of course Betelgeuse IS in the political sphere of the Orion Alliance...

Or maybe Ship's ultimate joke (revenge) - filet di Capitan?

And here *Twitchy* thought he was eating human...

By the way - are you 100% positive Nathan died? I sure did want to use him as a gardener...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Studious

Sounds cool doesn't it?

Thanks!

Well I'm not Cindymars but I'll answer this one because I know the answer.

Here is a picture of someone in a Wraith Cocoon

Usually they are knocked out but somehow this guy was woken up.

Here are less creppy looking pictures from the episode "No Mand's Land"

Rodney Cocooned

Ronan Cocooned

The ship grows around them and builds them into a cocoon.

Thank you Studious.

I am not writing this part but I was thinking either Ship or Carpet did not want a Captain so they just put them away not killing them but storing them. I don't know. Really it was just an idea, someone else will have to flesh LOL it out.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

I think this idea of the ship taking them and putting them into "storage" is a great idea, and here's the way I think we may work it into the story.

Now, there are multiple characters, including my own, who have access to the Yydryl's memory banks, and can converse with her at any given point.

I made a post a while back that included me saying I was tied into the security system which included all video footage. Perhaps I stumble accross the footage of the Yydryl taking our Captains?

We could tie it in to the "mind Control" that has been going on with selective members. Perhaps they were all under some sort of veil due to not performing their duties correctly?

Maybe the Yydryl NEVER lets go of her Captains. She keeps them as trophys or something. She is a living being after all. We all have a dark side.

What do you think?

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I am totally cool with that.
Ask Silo and Antar but hey why not?

If you read the Opera you will recall QA had a handler aboard and he is a shap shifter and could well still be there maybe mind controlling. Just a thought.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

How can we work *balance* into your ideas?

Meaning - the Ship understand the importance of balance in everything.

How could her desire to keep her trophy's be example of her commitment to balance?

As for mind control - IMO mind control has no place on the Yydryl.
It leads to far too much corrupting of characters by the writers.

There is no way I would even consider taking over someone else's *mind* on the Yydryl and if someone does it to my character it will not be a pretty sight believe me, lol.

I don't even like it when Milli took over (in a way ) Fernando! lol

Also, someone’s going to have to go back through the loss of each Captain and see where all that stands.

I don’t have the time at the moment - but if you don’t have a chance to get to it ToTheTenth I’ll try to get to it later.

top topics

<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join