It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 121
<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Cim I love your post!

I can’t wait to get into it later today and hope to have a post up by tomorrow morning.

If you want me to describe the Sporting Goods Store just let me know.

If not I’ll just comment on what you’ve posted already and wait for your Sporting Goods post.

Oh before I forget...

When you said you didn’t think Ship or Carpet wanted a Captain....

I suggested Ship become Captain - and all of us take a hand at directing her - so as not to loose another Captain - thinking - if Ship was Captain we couldn’t very well loose her now could we.

As for Carpet.
Carpet has no say in anything and probably never will...

Off to work on my *Yummie* post!

[edit on 15-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

My idea for mind control would not apply to active members of the Opera. It would simply be a quick fix to explain why they've either all died or mysteriously dissapeared.

As far as balance, well the ship is a 50/50. Half machine, half life form. It has it's own concience and it's own agenda.

Is too far fetched to believe she would have a little bit of negativity or evil to her?

Perhaps the Dark Lord has been influencing her actions?

I dunno I am just trying to has out this situation, find a solution that won't take us too long to implement so we can fix the gaps.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
What will I find on Scruvy? Do I just say that he is not here or no where to be found?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Dunno, you could always say no and go off to do your own thing lol.

I'm waiting for more input from the rest of the writers before making my next move.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

lol, alright I will accept your mission, but I will be like:

Myth never operated ann organic ship before. he had no idea what the hell he was doing. So he would wait until...blah blah blah..lol

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hey Silo, thanks, no you can cover the sporting goods store, I wasn't going to but go ahead. I was just going to mention the stuff. I think it would be funny, go for it.

Who did what to the missing captains not my concern. I only offer ideas. Go for it whoever!

Love and Peace!
Cindy

Ok quick idea.

Cadbury was kidnapped covered earlier, I believe
Loam was kidnapped by Space Witch. Already covered.
Scurvy ???

Tenth you more or less dismissed the whales as navigation but I believe the whales have the answe to Scurvy's disappearance. They could say "He has gone on inpromptue journey. He will return someday. Or something. That's an easy out. What does Antar have to say?

[edit on 15-6-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Silo: regarding your last post, which I prefer to think of as "conversations with a cat", subtitled "allergies to underwear" - I did NOT spew coffee all over my screen and keyboard. No, instead I rather manfully fought the urge to do so.

The net result was that I had to be hung up by my heels, and whacked rather severely between my shoulder blades, in order to clear my lungs of coffee and associated substances.

I'm fine now, though, and will consider that a warning to approach S.I.L.O.'s experiences of things on Earth with caution.

Excellent post! You have a funny way of seeing things, that forces a new perspective on the reader, and makes them LIKE it.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

She is funny. I chuckled. I know better than to have a mouth full of coffee when reading her post.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I totally forgot about the whales, how smart of you Cim. I will totally work them into and find a solution to Scurvy's thread. Perhaps he's on earth enjoying some time off?

I just want a consensus so that I dont' end up typing something and have to change it.

This is my idea. Whales inform me that the Captain has taken a leave to an un-disclosed location in order to clear his mind.

Sound good?

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Where is Antar....we need her input?

I think it has something to do with that ancient Swaristhati (SP) but I dunno. I think if the writers themselves aka Scurvy don't step in, do as we please, I guess.

As Silo would say "Cool Beans!"

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Tenth you more or less dismissed the whales as navigation but I believe the whales have the answer to Scurvy's disappearance. They could say "He has gone on impromptu journey. He will return someday.

How cool is that!

Scurvy in the belly of the whales! hehehe

That' could be pretty cool...

Ok so something like that lol.

Also - if you weren't going to cover the Sporting Goods then I'm going to just wait until I read your next post. We've got tons to do so let's get to the meaty part of the trip!
(Or the vegetable sat least) ...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

So a *not safe for coffee* post huh, lol, glad you liked it.

I so wanted to steal a line from one of my favorite *chick flicks* to add in - *Satan's Panties* - but alas had to stick with the allergy.

(Star for the person who knows the movie, lol)!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Ok cool beans but it would be funny!

Plus I can just move on from there taking up to the forest.

Its up to you.

The cat will not be coming.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Problem is I don't know enough about what you've got up your crafty little sleeve - about the camp, about the mysterious thing you've got ready to spring on us...
I'm also too curious for my own good but I'll be patient!

OH! I almost forgot.

Are we going to take Nando to the camp?
Should he suddenly get a great urge to ride in your convertible with his whiskers plastered to his fur?
I ask because I'm not sure if after the camp we'd be going back to your flat and I don't think Nando would want to be left out in the wild.

Though he might be a fun addition to the, well, other *Hairy* things that hang out around your camp... *wink*

Edit: lol, You're reading my mind... Posting this at the same time as you and you're answering my questions before I can ask...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Ok, I have to take initiative apparently.

THis is what is going to happen.

Walking to the med bay for my sleep time, I will overhear a conversation between crew members in which they describe Scurvy's departure, via dropship, to an undisclosed location.

Works for everybody? If so I will post in the next 10 mins.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

By crew members if you mean Myth that's great.
If you mean anyone else you really need to wait for Antar to have a chance to join in on this collaborative decision - and Myth of course too.

No need to rush...

Plus it's time to tie something in to the story line! Like Masqua pointed out - give the Yydryl a mission.

Rushing through it is just going to put us back on square one again.

A Captain drops out.

He's shuttled off for no apparent reason.

Same old been there done that and just one more cop out to the readers...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That sounds good.

And by crew I meant the NPC crew just dwinling about.

But we can wait, no problem , I'd rather have Antar's imput anyway.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Have you any ideas why the Captains go missing?

Cadbury - there's some haunting memories of a scuffle that took place in his quarters - some hints there were Rigelians after him - but that story line never got developed.

The others - same thing... (meaning nothing eveer really developed)...

If it's not Ship putting them in cocoons, what do you think it might be???

Oh as for Ship having an *evil* side, in one of the past posts something was said about her readying to do some killing, (on reason she needs *life* growing in her Center - to balance out the death she'll cause with life she'll nurture) - Soooo yeah, she knows how to kick boody...

As for her having an *evil* side, as in good and evil, hmmm...interesting...not something anyone has touched on yet...
It would be hard to believe that a Ship with no mission, no direction, no reason for being, would be *evil* - but then again, why not?
At least it would be a bloomin story line, lol.

Though really I think she’d too advanced for *evil* as in that whole Karma thing and the reality that evil never does anything in the end but destruct...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I've got a response post coming hold on...

I'll be done in a moment.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Ship not evil but we all have our stuff. Maybe ship was in love with Scurvy and did not like his relationship with Whisper. Or maybe some dark lord thing.

After my next post or two, there will be more forces at play.

new topics

top topics

<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join