It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 119
<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Myth

If you're interested in staying true to the story line you might want to read my last post to ToTheTenth on the page before this one here in the working thread.

Captain Scurvy has not left the Ship yet - He is still on board and doing his duties as far as the story line goes and no one even knows he's gone yet - thus - impossible to have a new Captain!

We - the Yydryl writers - have not decided how to take Captain Scurvy out of the storyline, and, for TotheTenth to name himself Captain breaks the story line and would lead readers to believe he either hasn't bothered to read the details of the story, or he’s pirating the Ship.

If that’s what his intention is it would be a courtesy to the other writers to introduced his plan in the working thread and allow us to deal with the loss and gain of another Captain via collaboration.

So, if you're talking with Captain Scurvy in the story line that's not possible I’m sorry to say.

If you're talking to ToTheTenth and naming him Captain?

I reiterate, we’ve yet to deal with Captain Scurvy so it‘s a empty title.
One whose only bearing is to confuse the readers and run roughshod over other writers previous contributions to the Opera.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

If you look at my post, I told the med bay staff to tell him I was the Captain, I've cleared it up in the post I just put on.

Dont' worry I am staying true to the story line.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

(EDIT first part)

Hopefully we can get the Captain Scurvy incident worked out ASAP - Whatever we decide to do with him we've been requested to not kill him off - to leave some opening for him to return later this fall... (Though I’m beginning to doubt that will happen as he hasn’t bothered to answer U2U’s on how he wants to be written out - or if we can continue to use him as a NPC.)

Anyway - Maybe he can go off to look for Whisper? Hopefully they will both be coming back soon? Ugh, I don't know!

Any ideas or suggestions?

If you hear frustration in my earlier post it stems from to date the Yydryl has yet to address all the missing Captains and it's getting downright ludicrous.

How we can expect to have any credibility at all to the readers when the crew that's left behind has not filled in any of the blanks for all the missing Captains is beyond me. If I was a reader on the Opera and continually was left hanging over all the Captain losses I’d of put the book down long ago.

Hopefully all of us working together can straighten out that part of the Opera and turn it into the great side story (or the main one?) that is has the positional to be.

thanks again

By the way - Who's on vacation?
Cim and I are working on Earth, not on vacation - just saying.

peace

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I fixed it.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
If you hear frustration in my earlier post it stems from to date the Yydryl has yet to address all the missing Captains and it's getting downright ludicrous.

Relax I have them all!

I shaved their heads and stuck em in a locker aboard the P!
Muahahahahaha.

Just be careful tenth Every captain so far has gone AWOL on us.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Cool Beans - Thanks for fixing it - it would be quite confusing to readers (and writers, lol)...

But beyond that since you and ToTheTenth are on board and Cim and I are working on earth - I would think you two will find Captain Scurvy is gone - I mean that makes logical sense right?

So, when you two find he's gone - what is going to happen to him???

Any ideas?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Ohh Cim had told me it was a vacation, so as far as my character knows that's where you guys are lol.

As far as Scurvy, I don't really know what to do about that. I do agree that not having a Captain or the missing Captain is a problem.

I'll glady take the role, you all have seen my willingness to do so, but I don't wanna be brash about it.

I hope we do figure it out soon, I'd like Antar to come up so we may finish our repairs, me and her character will get along famously.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I've already noticed, my initial scan didn't detect his signature, I had assumed he was simply MIA.

I don't count current NPC's as having signatures lol

In the meantime I am just waiting for your two to come back before we take off somewhere else.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Just be careful tenth Every captain so far has gone AWOL on us.

That's why I suggested Ship does the Captaining and the crew direct *talking* for Ship when applicable in the story.

I'm not against ToTheTenth taking over as Captain at all - just as long as it's agreed on, Captain Scurvy is dealt with, and it all follows the story line...

I'd hate to loose another Capt. one though!

:O

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I think the Ship enjoys being in charge of things, I did a few upgrades if you noticed in regards to her helping herself.

We've developped quite the good relationship lol

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

In the meantime I am just waiting for your two to come back before we take off somewhere else.

Does that mean you and Myth are going to find (well not find) Scurvy and give readers a reason why he's gone?

Edit:

I think the Ship enjoys being in charge of things, I did a few upgrades if you noticed in regards to her helping herself.

You want the job, go for it! My votes for you - I just suggested Ship so we didn't loose another Captain is all!

I don't count current NPC's as having signatures lol

Well Deson is on board and definitely has a signature - as does Captain Scurvy - unless he can cloak his signature for some reason but that's never been introduced into the Story.

NPC Deson - Ships Armor is always there. He's either in the Armor itself or on the flight deck working on crafts.

NPC (for him) just means the crew can use him in conversations (with his permission) but to date he's yet to include his own post in the story line.
He's an intricate and important part of the Opera, jut not contributing by writing as his time is spent contributing in designs, arms, etc.
So he's definitely there and a great resource for conversation and, or course, his fantastic weapons!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yeah, I could work that out with Myth if that's the best way forward, I do have a status check up on screen so I could write a post and go find out what he's doing.

He wants to stay alive right?

Perhaps he wandered into statis, or the ship accidentally put him in there while the repairs were being done?

I had made mention that she was unable to control certain aspects of herself while the nanites were doing their thing.

Possible solution?

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Perhaps he wandered into statis,

Problem with that is we've got one in there already... (Who honestly I wish would just die off cause all the loose ends are just nutty.]

Scurvy had a emotional relationship going with Whisper.
I wonder if he split looking for her?
I can't imagine he'd abandon ship to look for a lady love but who knows...
Naw, that's cheesy huh, lol...

oh bother...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I['d love to take the Captain's chair to tell you the truth, I'm greedy that way lol

But I can figure out something for Scurvy, it sucks to loose another Captain, but story wise if we think about it, it is a Living ship, so things are going to be dynamic, and not as static.

We are a bunch of aliens after all haha.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Well I hope you and Myth get together and find Scurvy missing and get that ball rolling at least...

As for the story behind another Captain loss we'll have to wait for CindyMars to give her input as to why he's gone.

Whatever you all come up with let me know.
I hope it's something that ties all the other Captain losses together with the most recent one and give it some kind of story, any kind of story!

Right now, to the Readers it’s just one big mish mash of all too obvious cop outs.

For me - I've got to hit hay - it's almost 2 in the moring...

night all

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
What is both remarkable and usable in the Opera is the difference between the crews of the Penelope and the Yydryl. That command of the Yydryl is in the hands of 'ship' herself (sorry, but a ship still has a feminine aspect to me) and the acting captain, whoever that may eventually be, is a helluva nice twist.

The fact that captains constantly disappear should be considered a normal situation... after all, it's not a human ship like the Pen is with its heirarchical military systems still intact all those years into the future. As well, going on a little expedition to Earth indicates some spectacular freedoms, don't you think? Why not apply something along the same lines to the missing captains?

What's important right now is that which the visitors to Earth might learn and take back to the Yydryl and her crew.

New writers coming on stream can cause ripples in the story, but look at such twists as opportunity rather than a problem.

The Yydryl needs a purpose... something to challenge her. Isn't there some threat beyond Earth, an ominous and dire threat?

As well, if you keep reading the posts in the Space Exploration forum, you might find some really interesting information coming out... like immense neutrinos as big as a thousand galaxies and a Betelgeuse that is shrinking.

There's ideas out there that can be used in the Opera.

And, whatever is going on with the Dark Lord? What's HE up to and what the heck is your former crew member telling HIM?

[edit on 14/6/09 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Well I was working on the story for my little Company saga that is coming up.

I mean ,we do have freedom as you stated to come and go as we please, so perhaps the other Captains have simply decided to abuot their own thing.

And yes the Yydryl is a girl in my opinion as well lol

I dunno, I like being the Captain or acting Captain, i'd love to figure out a story line that would fix all these holes, we just need Cim to give her imput and perhaps Antar has some ideas as well.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

And yes the Yydryl is a girl in my opinion as well lol

Don't forget that she is equal to the Penelope in firepower. Keep tabs on what the Pen has as weapon systems (blowing up moons, etc
) and take stock of what the Yydryl is capable of.

Battle is surely coming and the inhabitants of two civilizations are in the hands of the two most powerful ships within known space. The outcome of this battle will, by no means, spell the end of a war either, but only the first bolts in a gathering storm.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I think Cindymars idea is the best. The Yydryl Captain's keep disappearing because the ship cocoons them "wraith style."

Or if your unfamiliar with Stargate Altantis then think "Invasion of the Body Snatchers."

Of course I'm not a member of the Yydryl Crew but having ship cocoon them just seems like the best idea because...

1. They are not dead and could return at any time.

2. No new villian has to be created that spirited them away.

That's just my take on it.

By the way I love this line...

"Besides the Colonel is like what A hundred years old or something like that?"

[edit on 14-6-2009 by Studious]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Sounds exciting and it is going to be a great time to jump in after I catch up on some rest and finish up some RL stuff. Just returned tonight after a no Internet two week period.

I am all for moving into a diversion towards first healing the Yydrl (no problem) and then focusing on the combined threat towards the outer galactic problems we can work on together. This would also be a good time to incorporate The Dark Lords intentions towards earth and its inhabitants.

There is a bit of reading to be done before I post so speak for me if you wish and call on me if you havent already, I will pop in and do at least a clean up of my character and the Yydryl tear.

Just stopped in here first...

Glad to be back and have missed the ships, crews...and masqua!

new topics

top topics

<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join