It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 118
<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Studious

ROFL!

You're going out the airlock anyway...

Luder is NI.

Deny Ignorance indeed........

j/k

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

I went with a combo of Option I and Option III.

(It doesn't seem that you have taken the post as offensive. But I'll just say it anyway.

I hope everyone knows I don't mean anything I write to be personally offensive.
)

EDIT: I just read Luder's new post. If Seeker kills the NI guys
I want to be able get one line in while they are hauling me away to solitary confinement.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by Studious]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

LOL

Of course I don't take offense - I look at this as a fiction story written by a variety of authors - I know you aren't personally attacking me.

It's a story.

I was worried I pissed Badger off w/ that "call me captain" comment earlier on.

lol

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Excellent.

I was also writing that so everyone else knows. I didn't want them to think some kind of dispute was arising.

If......(when
) Seeker kills the NI guys I'd like to be able to say one line. (I won't do anything. I'll just say the line as I'm hauled away.)

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
reply to post by badgerprints

I'm working on a concept for a mission patch and logo for the Penelope - and being that I'm in Korea (the home of excellent sew man ship) - lol - I can pretty much have any patch I desire made up and created.

I'll toss my concept drawings on here as soon as I can.

I wanna order 3, for my ancient BDUs.

I'll put them on the right shoulder, as combat unit patches, considering the way things go for Penelope every time we leave port.

[edit on 2009/6/14 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   

reply to post by nenothtu

heh.... heh..... heh.....

How do you know that wasn't my plan?

It would be most unfortunate if Asher were to ...."lose control".... one last time and rid us of the rest of the NI agents, wouldn't it?

Yeah, what happens in space STAYS in space, eh? doesn't maritime law apply in this instance? Can we keel-haul them?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

ROFL!

Once I get them made up - it doesn't cost that much to make.

I could send them to whoever is interested.

I'll post a couple of examples of other patches I had made on my media portal so you guys can see.

- - -

Maritime law does apply and Luder isn't about to start breaking it.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Studious: reprogramming the antenna to the same 'wavefront' as the mind control signal should create an interference pattern in the signal waves, and effectively 'jam' the incoming signal if it has an output signal, i.e. seeker's transmission, rather than facilitate the incoming signal.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Let me know what they cost, and I'll send it to you. I'll try to avoid the "Pineland" scrip Special Forces uses when Robin Sage exercises are on around here. They use it to 'pay' the guerrillas they train with. Looks like monopoly money, but cooler...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=view&id=25296

There are a couple of well-known patches I had made for the heck of it a long time ago.

I keep the SG1 on on my backpack.

The other just sits in a drawer until I get the off-chance to make pictures of it. lol

I would like some suggestions for the Penelope patch, of course - I don't want to be the sole judge as to what should be made.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Wow! that embroidery work is a lot better than I recall from Asian patches! Or maybe I'm thinking of the Eastern European and Russian ones. They get lumped together after a few years.

I'll mull it over in my pea brain, and see what I can come up with in the way of contributions to the design.

Interesting interplay between studious and Luder. Sounds like Studious is on his way to a "re-education". Better than breathing vaccuum, though.

I'd recommend interviewing the NI agents one at a time, to keep 'em from forming a Mutual Support Society. right now they're hooded and/or blindfolded, and trussed up like Christmas turkeys. Asher can't shoot 'em in that state - well, he CAN, technically, but it's just not cricket, and considered bad form. The deaders with Studious were clearly, in my mind, self - defense, since they were unbound, and in multiples, not to mention on an unauthorized mission of destruction. NI CAN'T authorize a mission in far space without going through the captain, regardless of what Horkos may have told Studious, in his weakened state. If neno helps Horkos to his chair, however, and he 'happens' to fall down sprawling, well, neno can't be responsible for Horkos' clumsiness, now can he?

Silo: love the interaction with the cat! Never saw it speaking to you coming, though! I used to have two lynxes, and they behaved a lot like your cat - except they didn't have quite as much tail to twitch when they were getting ready to lower the boom on ya. Thoroughly evil creatures, that's why I kept 'em. If they hadn't been so independent and 'wild', I'd have attack-trained them! They never talked to me, though, at least not in english, and I feel somehow... cheated!

Edit: forgot to mention - neno is in charge of the Marines again? I should have seen that coming with the promotion...

At least you didn't strip studious of ALL rank, and only busted him down to Lt..

Also, noticed in Badger's post that there were 4 fighter bays, but I thought Penelope had six, per Luder's specifications, and the Penelope design graphics? Didi you mean that only 4 were active at that time?

[edit on 2009/6/14 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I agree w/ you.

Keep em separate.

Plus - you're also right.

If Asher kills them now, he'll end up in the cell three doors down from Studious and we'll take the lot of em back to UEF in shackles.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Awww.... You're officially getting the sadface. : (

Asher will be a good boy. No unauthorized homicide allowed. Remember, he probably wants to hear what they have to say just as much as anyone else.

Anyway, who is doing the writing for the NI agents? I vote Luder. o/

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I was worried I pissed Badger off w/ that "call me captain" comment earlier on.

lol

Of course not. It's a story.
That's just how the character would have acted.

Day one- wake up from stasis, get abused by security, get growled at by neno, get stuck with a whole wing of snot nosed jet jockeys to take care of (like herding squirrels) get sent out to find the invisible flying dutchman, door to the dutchman opens revealing bloody pieces of what used to be people, two people go flying out into space one of whom acts like a missing member of the x-men slash mutant monkey, have a desperate message begging luder to destroy it before it murders again and
HEY! that's Captian to you!!
Any character that doesn't get a little moody by that point has got to be a robot himself.

Neno,
Remember Badger has only been there a day. There are four bays in use I should have specified that there were two existing that were not in the rotation and haven't been since L2. But you don't know why yet. Neither does Badger. Didn't you notice that there have only been 48 fighters on the deployment rotation when you were in charge? You were pretty busy. Nobody really would expect to notice it as it has been kept pretty quiet.
Badger will figure it out soon and then you will know why too.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I wonder if anybody has made a Yydyrl avatar for us. I think I'd like to have one.

Anybody know?

~Keeper

I made up a badge concept for you guys a page or so back. If you have something in mind I can help you put it together. I did a concept drawing of the YYdryl exiting a wormhole which is in my public media file if you want to look at it as well.

Let me know, happy to help.

Oh yeah, luder, definitely want a few of those patches. I suggets three circles or ovals somewhere in the patch to represent the three rings in this circus.
Since you are over there anyway I might need to ask you to get a thing or two made for me.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Studious: reprogramming the antenna to the same 'wavefront' as the mind control signal should create an interference pattern in the signal waves, and effectively 'jam' the incoming signal if it has an output signal, i.e. seeker's transmission, rather than facilitate the incoming signal.

Yes I'm aware of that. I thought I wrote it well, but it obviously needs a rewrite.

I was saying that Seeker's jamming signal was the only thing preventing the aliens from using the mind control again. Since he was the one who set up the signal he could easily shut it off.

Therefore if he turned it off the crew could be taken over again.

Studious believes the entire crew must be compromised because Luder seems to be acting a little strange recently. He assumes the crew is under the control of the enemy again.

Covert operations of this nature (in this case possibly starting an open war) would probably have had to receive approval from the highest echelons of government.

Example: Captains really don't need to know what SEAL teams are doing when they drop them off on the beach. Only when are where to drop and extract.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

LOL

Luder is upset at those two women he had to transport back to the Penelope. Other than that - he's fine.

SLAYER

Your post had me in tears man -

"What is he - like a hundred years old or something?"

Great stuff.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Well I think the drama level just skyrocketed. I cant wait to find out whats going to happen next.

Great Job everyone.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Sure man - just shoot me a U2U or something and I'll take a looksie.

LOL on the circus comment.

I was thinking using an actual military flight patch as a jumping board and going from there. Thinking something w/ the ship on it and maybe the registry - w/ Ventura Class or something like that on it.

Dunno - need to draw out some designs.

Talk to you guys soon.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

SLAYER

Your post had me in tears man -

"What is he - like a hundred years old or something?"

Great stuff.

Hey Studious dont get mad at me. It's Horn and Martinez I Swear!
I think they need therapy. You can't have those two in the same room.

new topics

top topics

<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join