It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 116
<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
TO ALL YYDRYL CREW:

So, we’ve not heard from Scurvy.
I presume Myth and ToTheTen will be looking for him on Ship.

Question is this: How are we going to write Scurvy out - but able to return later when he's got more time?

Any ideas?

[edit on 11-6-2009 by silo13]

I could repeat the same idea, the ship has them wrapped up in gelatinous cryo pods or something. maybe? I don know that we we could find them when they want to return.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

I meant to ask you about that.
I'm not sure what you mean (remember I'm the one who has no sci-fi background at all)...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars

Edited to add:
PS: Neno scary first wife dude! How many wives have you had?
You don't have to answer that. My bad!

Candy Marsbar

[edit on 11-6-2009 by cindymars]

Number 3 is concentrating hard on how to get rid of me right now. I know, I know, not really something a man should collect. I think I may have got it all out of my system this time, though...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Hey Everybody, good job on the stars, although the entire ATS has been SLOW this week.
I ought to know as I have nothing else to do.
I know.

Once again I can't post or read Opera thread from home, it bites. LOL
So I am up to date Slayer's being the last post.

Congrats on the promotion guys, I salute you.
How long is Studious being in a coma?

Tenth? Myth?
Where yall at hey? Represent for the Yydryl!
Antar and Whisper we miss you.

Scurvy, Loam missed the great writing you would have done.

Cadbury, who the hell are you?
I saw the character like that rum pirate,
Captain Morgan

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Hey I just heard from "Antar" She says to say hi.

HI!

Anyhoo she'll be back soon. She just told me to tell you all that.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Hi All -
Have a question I hope you brainies can help with.

A life form with many parts, but with a brain working as a whole - let’s say, as in Carpet - If you take one little piece of that life being away from it’s total mass - is it plausible to think it will still work on it’s own - like *spooky action at a distance* kind of thing.

You know from my posts Carpet roams the Yydryl, excluded from only a few pertinent areas.
Carpet is everywhere but no one place in particular at any given time.

But how plausible would it be - to have inadvertently taken a little piece of Carpets fiber with me to Earth, and, now have Carpet's *being* there in just a little strand of his whole self?

Is that completely unbelievable?

Or would I have to pull a Steven King and write it to believably it would be accepted (like when Steven King really makes you believe Christine the car comes to life and you’ve no doubt about the validity of what he's writing what-do-ever)...

Thanks in advance for the input...

Slayer Thanks for passing that along. *Waves Hi to Antar - wherever she is*...

[edit on 13-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Not too unbelievable. I remember watching a Star Trek "Enterprise" episode where they had something similar. A small alien part of the larger whole was looking for a way back. It was actually dangerous to the ship until they made peace with it. So in this case it should work.

We are after all a Sci-Fi opera.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thanks tons!

hehehe Cindy's cat has big surprise coming!

No actually I couldn't make Carpet part of Cindy's Carpet as it isn't made of a natural substance - but it would be fun to tease her cat...

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

What if?....

What if Carpet wasn't actually a "Carpet" But rather an alien life form that would take over the carpets on the ship and travel through all the fibers? Like a highway type thing? I dunno just throwing it out there. That way you can have "IT" with you in the fabric of the clothes you were wearing?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Sorry guys.... time to get the ball rolling again.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   

What if Carpet wasn't actually a "Carpet" But rather an alien life form that would take over the carpets on the ship and travel through all the fibers? Like a highway type thing? I dunno just throwing it out there. That way you can have "IT" with you in the fabric of the clothes you were wearing?

That's what Carpet is - an alien life form - a part of the *live* Ship that's integrated with Ship but become something *more* and separate at the same time.
I've tried to be vague (but give hints) until the character is developed more.
I was hoping to do that by having a *piece* of Carpet with me somehow.

I dunno about the fabric of my clothes because the clothes I'm wearing are not organic - man made jeans, etc. (we're back in 2010)...

Thank you for the help though - you’ve given me a lot to think about.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Neno's take on the whole Yydryl/NI debacle is that NI was behind it, shanghaied Studious, convinced him they were up to noble deeds, and all the while intended to erase Asher, and probably Studious too, in the end, to tidy up the witness problem.

NI put his ship and his crewmates, at needless risk, nearly started an interstellar war with Penelope in the middle of it, and Studious in the thick of it. Had their plans not gotten mucked up, the entire ship and crew would either be dead, or in a world of hurt. The N-bombs were in all likelihood part of their plan to fire up a war on any available front, and the Orion Alliance just happened to present itself.

Not to mention the fact that they acted contrary to orders, and to the detriment of Captain, ship, and crew, without authorization, and indeed tried to keep it all a big 'secret'.

His conclusion, based on that, is that he ain't gonna lose no love on NI, and in all likelihood will prosecute his own private little war against them.

[edit on 2009/6/13 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I dunno about the fabric of my clothes because the clothes I'm wearing are not organic - man made jeans, etc. (we're back in 2010)...

Jeans are denim, a cotton fiber blend, which is organic, but not 'living'. It might work.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Thanks tons!

hehehe Cindy's cat has big surprise coming!

No actually I couldn't make Carpet part of Cindy's Carpet as it isn't made of a natural substance - but it would be fun to tease her cat...

I think that is hysterical and what isn't plausible in the Opera? I see no limits whatsoever
It is great that we can be, do or create anything we choose.

I think it's as you said a bit of carpet came with you and you can talk to it, do whatever you want. I can't wait to read it. Of course I can't at home. Might ask you to paste it into U2U, because I am so excited to read it. LOL

Happy Day All!

Cindy

I need a graphic artist?

[edit on 13-6-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

A life form with many parts, but with a brain working as a whole - let’s say, as in Carpet - If you take one little piece of that life being away from it’s total mass - is it plausible to think it will still work on it’s own - like *spooky action at a distance* kind of thing.

You don't necessarily have to have it be the original 'carpet'.
Many organisms propagate by splitting mass but still have the same basic memories of the original. It could grow an entirely new carpet but be smaller and younger. Kinda like a puppy or kitten version of carpet.
Little carpet junior would probably excell at teasing Fernando.

Hey Marzipan,
What do you need graphics for?
I might be able to help between laying tile and installing kitchen cabinets.

I made this graphic last night. I thought it might work as a ships badge for the yydryl.
Or is it too flashy?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/92046e9c1c1e.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 13-6-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

It's nice, I prefer silver.

I will U2U it's secret but I will have to disclose to whoever helps me?
What to do????
If I just had a descent computer and photoshop I could do this. Arrrghhhh!

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

You don't necessarily have to have it be the original 'carpet'.
Many organisms propagate by splitting mass but still have the same basic memories of the original. It could grow an entirely new carpet but be smaller and younger. Kinda like a puppy or kitten version of carpet.
Little carpet junior would probably excell at teasing Fernando.

Now THAT could be funny.

LOL @ Carpet Junior.

*Goes back to work* ---

Oh, CindyMars - If I can get on this now - this evening - I'll stick it in your U2U along with posting in thread.

Thanks!

[edit on 13-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hey guys, I'm back sorry bout the delay there.

I had a few days off, and they needed to be spent with family, on a little excursion into the woods.

I am back however, will be catching up on the story and you can look forward to a post or two from what I've read already.

Myth

Great post, way to wrap it up, did you want me to go down to the med bay and get you, heal you up, or do you have something else planned as a "wake up" scene.

Anyway, I'll be replying to the Penelope as soon as possible.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars

It's nice, I prefer silver.

Like this? [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7751a44fca94.jpg[/atsimg]

The frame and background are just for display purposes. I can put it on here with a transparent background for embedding on your own stuff.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Nice, I like it. I would wear that in RL. I design jewelry too we could go into the jewelry business.

Thanks for the U2U on the design stuff.

Hi Whisper! Hi Antar! Hi everybody else!

top topics

<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join