It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A View From Fallujah

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by XFactor
big tough guys went to war and were proud of killing women and children, i guess u watch Claptrap No News (CNN) all day with a little bulge in ure pants thinking how proud u are of youre country and how you are the best...............
people like you are the reason they get away with such bull# , ure nothing but a #in sponge

First off, I don't get my news from CNN. I actually get first hand accounts from my brother who is in Tikrit.

Second, since it seems you are not able to have an intelligent conversation, then I suggest you go elsewhere that would be more fit for your intellect level. ie. teen chatrooms.

Third, I do resent the word Nazi. I grew up in a house with someone who was physicaly and mentally hurt by them. No PC bs here, just a fact, loser.

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Al-Jazeera is to the Arab world as is Fox's "Fair and Balanced" approach is to the west. Both services are heavily slanted towards a pre-determined political view.

Aljazeera have never and will never, speak against the atrocities their own government have done or would do, they just want to keep blaming everything on the US.

Aside from the freedom of speech aspect that you correctly raised, we basically agree.
ie. able to speak out against Bush.

Most of what I have read on Al-Jazeera reads like 1940's propaganda pieces.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
speak out against bush ?
like howard stern u mean?

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
"Third, I do resent the word Nazi. I grew up in a house with someone who was physicaly and mentally hurt by them. No PC bs here, just a fact, loser"

so you dont think that people with nazi ideals are running the show in the us?

how can you be anything but pro war when you have family over there?

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

speak out against bush ?
like howard stern u mean?

I actually agree on that fact, there are definitely some dirty tricks going on.

For the record, I am not a Bush fan.

But there is a difference between being able to protest and getting killed for expressing your views. Tiennamen Square comes to mind.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
you are not far behind Tiennamen Square my friend , your freedoms are being eroded away as we speak.
the profanities are for the moron who told me to stfu nobody else...
I believe that all humans are equal and i get very upset by the crap that the western media are feeding us,
and al-jezeera is part of the same system , go check them out they are part of the same mouthpiece they could be shut up any time they liked, as they have in the past.
see how far your career will go if you go against the official view, the media does not question they legitimise that is not journalisim its callled rip and read.
I pray for your brother's safe return......

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
how can you be anything but pro war when you have family over there?

That is retarded and insulting. Did any thought go into writing that at all?

Do you really think I want my brother over there!!!??!! Getting shot at with mortars, rockets and bullets? They have already lost their fair share of troops.

How about you try worrying everyday about a family member in danger. Try it, it is soooo much fun.

I know it was part of the job when he signed up and also, while I am highly suspect of the reasons that sent he and his comrades over there, he is there and all I can do is support him. That is all I can do. Hope for a safe return.

Comparing the Nazi party to anyone is a bit much. You obviously don't know your history. Our Goverment is a bit different. I suggest you look into an incident called ..Night Of The Long Knives Hitler was not voted in.

EDIT: thanks for the well wishes, but they are a day late and a dollar short.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I'm guessing the massacre of civilians at Fallujah is part of a deliberate attempt by the US to provoke a violent reaction by Iraqis. The PNAC agenda is dependent on the creation of credible enemies for this region.

The US is facing a real internal threat in the form of treasonous Neo-cons and war profiteers who have by deception seized political and economic control of our country. Without the constant distraction of angry foreigners cursing and shaking their fists at us on television we might start to notice the real threat closer to home.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
i know lots of people with family over there and they are all to the man in favour of this madness
so i apologise if you are different i did not mean to cause offence,
the nazi reference is closer than you think , i mean didn't dubyas grandfather finance the nazi party ?
did he not get prosecuted for running nazi steel ?
if prescot bush was a nazi sympathiser and looking at the way father george went about his presidency and now the way dubya is , why should he not be a nazi?

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
All these folks out there who support this occupation of Iraq should take a long, hard look at these images. So many innocent people have gotten caught in the cross-fire. It's abominable.

As the song goes, compliments of the red, white and blue.

english.aljazeera.net... A425192815.htm
Warning, link contains disturbing images of civilian casualties.

And a this from a Marine - on Fallujah:

""Throw candies in the school courtyard, and open fire on children rushing to snatch them. Crush them," Sgt Massey recalled officers as saying during drills. The sergent has been involved in the killing of at least 30 Iraqi civilians before the current unrest began.

"I think I had enough. It's time for us to go home," Private First Class Joe Cruz,18 , from the Second Brigade of the Army's Third Infantry Division, had said.
arkansas.indymedia.org...

(edit to add warnings)

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

its war. it happens. innocent civilains have been gettling killed in war from the beginning of time. civilians will always get killed in war

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
"I'm guessing the massacre of civilians at Fallujah is part of a deliberate attempt by the US to provoke a violent reaction by Iraqis. The PNAC agenda is dependent on the creation of credible enemies for this region.

The US is facing a real internal threat in the form of treasonous Neo-cons and war profiteers who have by deception seized political and economic control of our country. Without the constant distraction of angry foreigners cursing and shaking their fists at us on television we might start to notice the real threat closer to home.

I couldnt agree more this is all a smokescreen whilst a night of the long knives goes on without anyone taking a blind bit of notice

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I couldnt agree more this is all a smokescreen whilst a night of the long knives goes on without anyone taking a blind bit of notice

When I last checked, no members of the Senate or Congress were being lined up against a wall and shot.

If it were truly a similar event, John Kerry and Howard Dean's dead, lifeless bodies would have been dumped into a river by now along with the rest of the Democratic leaders and whoever in the Republican party that was considered a possible risk.

I take it you meant 'long knives" figuratively?

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
Here's a good similar article from a reputable source:

��The biggest hospital after the main one was bombed is in US territory and cut off from the clinic by snipers. The ambulance has been repaired four times after bullet damage. Bodies are lying in the streets because nobody can go to collect them without being shot.��

That's being shot by U.S marines.

www.sundayherald.com...

it seems noone realises kids and civilians of all ages are fighting also, im sure they are firing on them because of being edgy and paranoid of armed civilians firing on them, either that or they are trying to scare the local population into not fighting back, sort of the way a wife beater is, using fear and violence to control them.

its harsh but war is just that way when things get the way it is in iraq.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
"IT IS WAR

CIVILIANS DIE IN WAR

THUS, CIVILIANS WILL DIE"

as harsh as it sounds, i completly agree. in a war, people die. some people are so naive to think that civilians wont get killed.
theeastcoastkid or watever, of course you dont want this war; your brother is being sent there. i dont know a single person fighting over there; im for this war. i probably wouldnt go to fight because im a wuss. but people who joined the armed forces should expect nothing less than war.

if you look at the bigger picture, this war is neccessary. i think alot of people are just looking at the smaller details. if this world was run by people with the frame of mind similar to ECKs (or whaever), this world would probably get absolutly nowhere. sounds harsh but i believe that is the reality.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
*Sarcasm*
So it�s war again now? I thought the war ended months back? Oh, no my mistake it�s an uprising! But umm, is that an uprising by fundamentalists, terrorists, sympathisers etc, or armed civilians including women and children? My I�m confused.
Seems I�m not alone in my confusion�

The fight now is for the peace, which has always been the harder battle, and it�s one that cannot be won with bullets and bombs.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
whether official or unofficial, this is a war.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeniusSage[/]
theeastcoastkid or watever, of course you dont want this war; your brother is being sent there. i dont know a single person fighting over there;

Actually, the name is Facefirst, GeniusSage.

And for the record, I was for going into Afgahnistan.

But I have still not seen a convincing case made that Saddam was an immediate threat to our or anyone else's country as we were led to believe. He was pretty much contained and de-fanged.

Instead of those WMDs we were told about, we got a President who made jokes at a press dinner about not being able to find those WMDs...the very reason he used to go to war.

Saddam being gone is good. Don't get me wrong there. The guy was nothing but trouble. But the way we went about it has set us back 20 years in foreign relations. (IMO)

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
The fight now is for the peace, which has always been the harder battle, and it�s one that cannot be won with bullets and bombs.

If you actually had a constructive workable answer that could be implemented than you wouldn't be here pretending you have a high horse to sit on. The only thing the Scots have contributed to the world is men in dresses, that's your heritage live with it. I'll take "we went in and got a man responsible for 300,000 murders" over the trans sexual capital of the world any day. No we can't leave Iraq because if we do it a lot more innocent people will die and when and if they did establish a government it would probably be a war lord cleric who killed his way to the top. So why don't you stick to issues you understand and stay away from criticizing things you don't fully understand.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hoaks
"terrorists sure have no problem killing innocent civilians"

so does the U.S. goverment

I think that, out in the open, No they dont like killing inocents. Behind close doors, do what you have too, to win.

Great post ECK

So after review of the subject, I have found this.

What About the 10,000 Dead Iraqi Civilians?

John Sloboda, co-founder of Iraq Body Count told me that while the passing of the grim 10,000 mark made the British papers and the BBC, it received �scandalously little attention in the United States� � including from the leading Democratic candidates, even as they hammer Bush on his faulty intelligence. �If the war was fought on false pretences,� Sloboda says, �that means that every death caused by the war is a death on false pretences.�

www.commondreams.org...

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   

by John Smith
If you actually had a constructive workable answer that could be implemented than you wouldn't be here pretending you have a high horse to sit on. The only thing the Scots have contributed to the world is men in dresses, that's your heritage live with it. I'll take "we went in and got a man responsible for 300,000 murders" over the trans sexual capital of the world any day. No we can't leave Iraq because if we do it a lot more innocent people will die and when and if they did establish a government it would probably be a war lord cleric who killed his way to the top. So why don't you stick to issues you understand and stay away from criticizing things you don't fully understand.

LOL, you have to resort to cultural stereotypes? That says a lot. What the hell has me being Scottish got to do with anything? But lets see anyway.. the Scots have contributed nothing? Well apart from forming the U.S navy and the fact that well over a third, and by some estimations as many as three-quarters, of the fifty-six signatories for the declaration of independence were Scots-born or had some Scots ancestry we've invented the steam engine, the bicycle, tarmacadam roads, the telephone, television, the transistor, the motion picture, penicillin, electromagnetics, radar, insulin, calculus, the first cloned animal, Anaesthetics, Antiseptics, the Decimal Point, fax machines, Geosciences, golf, Iron Bridges, the Kelvin scale, Logarithms, paraffin, adhesive postage stamps, economics, hypodermic syringes, Pneumatic Tyres, quinine, refrigerators, thermos flasks, sulphuric acid, telegraph and of course, whisky.
And there's lots more; as well as being world famous for philosophy and journalism. Not bad for a country of less than 5 million.

Perhaps it wouldn�t be to churlish to point out that you obviously don�t know what you�re talking about, whereas you�re just guessing as to what I know. Don't you hate it when assumptions bite you in the ass?

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by kegs]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join