It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A View From Fallujah

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
All these folks out there who support this occupation of Iraq should take a long, hard look at these images. So many innocent people have gotten caught in the cross-fire. It's abominable.

As the song goes, compliments of the red, white and blue.

english.aljazeera.net... A425192815.htm
Warning, link contains disturbing images of civilian casualties.

And a this from a Marine - on Fallujah:

""Throw candies in the school courtyard, and open fire on children rushing to snatch them. Crush them," Sgt Massey recalled officers as saying during drills. The sergent has been involved in the killing of at least 30 Iraqi civilians before the current unrest began.

"I think I had enough. It's time for us to go home," Private First Class Joe Cruz,18 , from the Second Brigade of the Army's Third Infantry Division, had said.
arkansas.indymedia.org...

(edit to add warnings)

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
attrition is a small price to pay in order to win a war. besides, terrorists sure have no problem killing innocent civilians.

and i know that drill segeants say things like that to toughen people up. they treat their men like # to make them obedient and desensitize them. it's a psychological thing.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Yeah, I remember. I was there. And this war is complete and utter bull#. An ILLEGAL, WAR OF AGGRESSION. We are reaping what we've sown. And we will never be able to control Iraq. No matter what we do or how many of our sons and daughters we ship off to the slaughter.

Iraq is nothing but a breeding ground for terrorists and the elites' need for an external threat to the USA and Brittain. We've got to get the hell out of there. The draft is coming! Are you all ready to go into the meat grinder - or better yet - are you ready to send one of your loved ones? My little brother's on tap to go and I am terrified for him. I don't ever want him to have to go through what I've gone through and what our military is now going through. It's an abomination.

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
"terrorists sure have no problem killing innocent civilians"

so does the U.S. goverment

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
"Ain't war hell?"

Sad.

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by TheDarkFlame]

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by TheDarkFlame]

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
As much as I was against the invasion.....what are we to do now? Cut and run? Create a vacuum that would certainly lead to a bloody civil war?

The only viable option I can see is to bring in the UN to help stabliize the country.

Bush got us stuck in there and now we have to see it through.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I'm looking for vid'...

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Al Jazeera ...hmmm

These images are sick, and only show children.

Sad..very.

But it is nothing more than propaganda used by the arab media to insite the masses against the USA

They want the world to only see them as victims not terrorists.

I will admit that we crossed the line when we bombed the mosque in Fallujah.

But war is hell and we do not choose where the enemy hides.

Gazz

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
But it is nothing more than porpaganda used by the arab media to insite the masses against the USA
Gazz

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by UM_Gazz]

Al-Jazeera is to the Arab world as is Fox's "Fair and Balanced" approach is to the west. Both services are heavily slanted towards a pre-determined political view.

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by Facefirst]

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Do you not find it strange that its ok to bomb many many people , leave depleted uranium lying all over and nobody says a word, but as soon as a yank soldier cops it it's tragic?
These people are not terrorists they are trying to remove a invader there is a difference, before i get flamed stop and think what you would do if you saw foreign troops taking over your country? i know i would be bombing the crap out of them. Of course al jazeera is showing the world what the yanks dont want you to see. This is a media war as much as anything else , and we all know the job of the media is to legitimise the crap we are being fed.
Collateral damage actually means human beings blown to pieces.
Keep up the good work eastcoastkid i know exactly where you are coming from.
I am beginning to wonder about this site and the forum nazis tho

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
IT IS WAR

CIVILIANS DIE IN WAR

THUS, CIVILIANS WILL DIE

REPEAT THIS AND STFU.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by XFactor
I am beginning to wonder about this site and the forum nazis tho

I was refering to Al-Jazeera and American news sources both being one sided. I never defended either, I criticized both in fact.

watch the Nazi references buddy.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Ha its war, you need 2 sides for a war this is a slaughter not a f......g war u moron try picking on a country that is capable of fighting back and you soon see the uproar when the bodybags are flowing.
War my arse what a muppet u are even the soldiers in both gulf wars called it a turkey shoot
big tough guys went to war and were proud of killing women and children, i guess u watch Claptrap No News (CNN) all day with a little bulge in ure pants thinking how proud u are of youre country and how you are the best...............
people like you are the reason they get away with such bull# , ure nothing but a #in sponge

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Al-Jazeera is to the Arab world as is Fox's "Fair and Balanced" approach is to the west. Both services are heavily slanted towards a pre-determined political view.

Not so, in the US the press can say almost whatever they want about Bush, and some do, with no retaliation. Try doing that in countries where there are dictatorships, aljazeera have an agenda to sell. I would not doubt if those pictures of the dead kids were actually taken in wars they had among themselves in the past.

You are talking about the same news media that had a loyalist to Saddam say that the US forces were being routed from Baghdag and that Baghdag was secure when the US forces and coalition were already there. They kep denying that the US was winning up to the point where the reporter was caught and then he said "he was ordered to say this."

Aljazeera have never and will never, speak against the atrocities their own government have done or would do, they just want to keep blaming everything on the US.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Nazi reference ? dont go all PC on me it aint taboo to use such a word is it?
after all aint the nazis operating in the USA right now?

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Here's a good similar article from a reputable source:

��The biggest hospital after the main one was bombed is in US territory and cut off from the clinic by snipers. The ambulance has been repaired four times after bullet damage. Bodies are lying in the streets because nobody can go to collect them without being shot.��

That's being shot by U.S marines.

www.sundayherald.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Nazi reference? no, its called freedom of speech, and everything I said did happen.

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by XFactor
people like you are the reason they get away with such bull# , ure nothing but a #in sponge

Well said, I can see where you're coming from. It's somewhere along the lines of "I'm to dumb to have a real conversation let's call people names." you must be a real bread winner lol.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

That's being shot by U.S marines.

I see....so its alright that many of the people in Hellhujah burned and rejoiced in the desecrating of bodies that supposedly were there to give them "food", They can kill and bomb US forces, but when they are shot back they go crying to the press about the inhumanity of the US forces?

War is hell, and they asked for hell. If they want all of this to stop the "moderate Muslims" should give up the extremists, but many moderate muslims seem to prefer to join the extremists and cause more damage instead of giving out those who started this.

BTW there were muslims shooting from the mosque we bombed. They seem to be cowards enough to try to hide in their mosques as they shoot from inside, but when they are shot back by the coallition it is frowned on?

I would not doubt if they would also hide in hospitals and shoot from there, but if its true that US forces shot at these people in the hospital for no reason then I do not condone it. There are jerks even in the Armed forces.

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
AL-Jazeera , i wouldnt trust them as far as i could throw them
i mean they keep releasing dodgy videos of bin laden don they?
u know the ones they find in caves etc?
in the late 90's bin laden wanted to use al-jazeera to promote his ideals and they were going to but....
the USA put pressure on the station owner and they stopped it ,
after all there is a huge american base in the country where al-jazeera are based, and we are meant to believe that the yanks couldnt shut up a poxy station like they did in the 90's?
They own the country the station is based in , it is used to legitimise the bin laden 911 conection and to keep up the hatred cos thats wot they need.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join