It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A View From Fallujah

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I have been in combat, in IRAQ, no less; therefore, I know what I'm talking about. I'm not speaking out of my racist, spoiled rotten, coddled ass, like some of you here on this thread. And you know who you are.

Please, you claimed to be a Huey Mechanic in Desert Storm, how many times did you get shot at?

You have not been in combat, you have been in a combat zone. There is a difference.

While I respect the fact that you served, I question your ability to say that you were in combat.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
CoolHand, you need to STFU. I never said WHAT I did in that HUEY unit.

When the F**K are you going over there, anyway? You're such a big, blow 'em up kind of guy. Put your money where your mouth is. But then again, NAVY ain't on the ground - in most cases. So IF you ARE in the Navy, as you've claimed, you won't be near combat. So, it's pretty easy for you to run your mouth from the safety of a non-combat environment.

And just for the record, I got fired upon plenty.

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The wise man uses every diplomatic tool at his disposal and retains war as the last possible means of diplomacy. People who are quick to war, have usually never tasted anything near it.

[I]#ING ARMCHAIR WARRIORS[/I]!

THERE'S NOTHING WORSE!

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

CoolHand, you need to STFU. I never said WHAT I did in that HUEY unit.

When the F**K are you going over there, anyway? You're such a big, blow 'em up kind of guy. Put your money where your mouth is. But then again, NAVY ain't on the ground - in most cases. So IF you ARE in the Navy, as you've claimed, you won't be near combat. So, it's pretty easy for you to run your mouth from the safety of a non-combat environment.

And just for the record, I got fired upon plenty.

Funny I looked up the history of the 101st and there was no mention of combat that was faced by any huey mechanic.

Then I called a buddy of mine who is a Capt in the Army and had him look into it, with similar results.

Then I talked to a neighbor who was with the 101 amd they did not know what I was talking about.

BTW I may not have seen ground combat, but that does not mean I have not seen combat. I have more time in a "combat zone" than you.

Prior to joining ATS I had spent most of the past few years deployed overseas to Hazardous zones.

[Edited on 20/4/04 by COOL HAND]

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I shouldn't need to remind people about personal insults and name calling....
but I am.
Stop it.

-B.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Wow lets see who can cuss and scream the loudest to shut people up. Sad, anyone can say anything on the web, no one knows who is full of it and who's not when they say something about their rl lives. That being said I see the left wing screaming blue bloody murder calling names and acting like a deranged white guy with a gun "who has had "ENOUGH," you work in the post office EAST COAST KID?

I know several guys in the military right now and who are out, who don't think like you at all. You are not the norm, you are a minority in your view. I think the preemption doctrine is valid. Uday and his brother will never have the chance to harm the US or our allies in the future. You squirmy little red-faced yellers don't sway anyone with your arguments.

You guys are left wingers who hated Bush from the outset; you are the exact political opposite of what you accuse the "right" to be, blind ideologues.

Variable

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

Funny I looked up the history of the 101st and there was no mention of combat that was faced by any huey mechanic.

As I said again, I never told you what I did while with the 6th BN. You have absolutely no knowledge of what you're talking about. I was NOT, repeat, NOT a helicopter mechanic. And just for the record, I don't give a flying # who you talked to, PLENTY of helicopter mechanics saw fire. What the # do you think DOOR GUNNERS are? See? YOU HAVE NO CONCEPT OF WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO TALK ABOUT. And by the way, you must have a real hard on for me if you're doing research because of me. I'll make it easy on you. The 6th BN is no longer a Huey unit. It is now a Blackhawk unit, if I'm correct. (Just wouldn't want to be accused of LYING about my unit.)

Then I talked to a neighbor who was with the 101 amd they did not know what I was talking about.

Yeah, probably b/c he was some line unit grunt who never stepped foot on Campbell Army Airfield. There were thousands of people like that. You and your friends don't know # about the Army so step the F off and stick to your little Naval fantasies.

BTW I may not have seen ground combat, but that does not mean I have not seen combat. I have more time in a "combat zone" than you.

Congratulations. You have now proven yourself to be the dumbest mother Fu**er I have ever read on ATS. Someone should give you an award for your sheer audacity and stupidity. And for anyone reading this who is offended, I normally refrain from getting into the gutter people like Cool Hand crawled out of, but he is beyond the pale.

You've never been in combat a day in your life. Go to Iraq. Then you can step to me.

Prior to joining ATS I had spent most of the past few years deployed overseas to Hazardous zones.

Right.

[Edited on 20/4/04 by COOL HAND]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Variable

I voted for Bush. I have always voted Republican. I have every right to criticize him. He is a traitor and anyone who buys his BS is a brainwashed. Pure and simple.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I voted for Bush. I have always voted Republican. I have every right to criticize him. He is a traitor and anyone who buys his BS is a brainwashed. Pure and simple.

ECK...

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum

ECK...

Thanks. I appreciate it.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Your entire post was the most idiotic thing I have read in a while. Thanks for the laugh I needed it.

I "appluad" your service in Iraq. Wish I had spent as little time there as you did.

[Edited on 21/4/04 by COOL HAND]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Why don't you log off and volunteer for Iraq duty? Since you're such a badazz. You sorely need the perspective. And ATS would be a much better place without your constant disruptions.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Why don't you log off and volunteer for Iraq duty? Since you're such a badazz. You sorely need the perspective. And ATS would be a much better place without your constant disruptions.

Let's cool it on each other and get back to the topic, ok? Or try:
Need a solution to board rage by Kano

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
One comment I most hate is when usually armchair warriors say, "people die, it's a war." That sure is easy to say when its not your town getting bombed or your innocent family being killed and maimed.

I ran across this article and it reminded me of this thread.

Who Will Speak Out?
By Ronan Bennett
The Guardian U.K.

Saturday 17 April 2004

Let's look at just a handful of the 5% of civilian casualties the Americans concede they have inflicted.

These include the mother of six-year-old Haider Abdel-Wahab, shot and killed while hanging out laundry; his father, shot in the head; Haider himself, and his brothers, crushed but dug out alive after a US missile struck their house. They include children who died of head wounds. They include an old woman with a bullet wound - still clutching a white flag when aid workers found her. They include an elderly man lying face down at the gate to his house - while inside terrified girls screamed "Baba! Baba!" They include ambulance crews fired on by US troops - and four-year-old Ali Nasser Fadil, wounded during an air strike. The New York Times reporter who found the infant in a Baghdad hospital described him lying in bed, "his eyes wide and fixed on a spot in the ceiling". His left leg had been crudely amputated. The same reporter found 10-year-old Waed Joda by the bedside of his gravely wounded father. "American snipers shot at us as we were trying to flee Falluja," said Waed.
truthout.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
And just for the record, I feel more grief than I can convey over our fallen soldiers and the families they've left behind. It's horrific the situation they've been thrown into.

It's so wrong.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   

One comment I most hate is when usually armchair warriors say, "people die, it's a war." That sure is easy to say when its not your town getting bombed or your innocent family being killed and maimed.

Do you have any proof of these attacks occurring other than heresay?

The author of the article did not see these events occurring himself, only the testimony of others who claimed to be there when the attacks happened. You yourself continually point out how the average Iraqi does not want us there, so I fail to see how they would not lay the blame on the US for the attacks.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Gee, uh, I think it's pretty much common knowledge. Let me get this straight, are you denying this is occurring?

If so, I would encourage you to take a look at this:

Senator says US may need compulsory service to boost Iraq force
Tue Apr 20, 1:24 PM ET Add U.S. National - AFP to My Yahoo!

WASHINGTON (AFP) - A senior Republican lawmaker said that deteriorating security in Iraq (news - web sites) may force the United States to reintroduce the military draft.
story.news.yahoo.com... story&u=/afp/20040420/ts_alt_afp/us_iraq_military_draft_040420172423

or this...

For U.S. troops, war is bloodiest since '71
Knight Ridder News

WASHINGTON - With fighting in Iraq now at its worst, the number of U.S. troops killed by enemy fire has reached the highest level since the Vietnam War.

The first part of April has been the bloodiest period so far for U.S. troops in Iraq. There were 87 deaths by hostile fire in the first 15 days of this month, more than in the opening two weeks of the invasion, when 82 Americans were killed in action.
www.billingsgazette.com... d=1&display=rednews/2004/04/17/build/world/50-bloody-war.inc

You sound like these people who claim the haulocost never happened.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Gee, uh, I think it's pretty much common knowledge. Let me get this straight, are you denying this is occurring?
You sound like these people who claim the haulocost never happened.

First, I fail to see what those articles have to do with the discussion on whether or not we are killing civilians over there on purpose.

Second I am not denying that it is ocurring, just questioning the sources for the information.

Once again I ask for direct, first-hand proof that it is happening. All people can come up with is articles that were written by people who talked to people who were there.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

Once again I ask for direct, first-hand proof that it is happening. All people can come up with is articles that were written by people who talked to people who were there.

Actually, you have nothing to add to this debate. You seek only to ruin it.

If I told you I had been there during the invasion, and if I told you what my first-hand account was, you would do everything in your power to discredit it.

Sorry, but you of all people have no legitimacy in criticizing my sources. Nice try, though.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Actually, you have nothing to add to this debate. You seek only to ruin it.

If I told you I had been there during the invasion, and if I told you what my first-hand account was, you would do everything in your power to discredit it.

Sorry, but you of all people have no legitimacy in criticizing my sources. Nice try, though.

Actually I do.

I would not be able to accept your evidence as you are so clearly against this war that you would taint the information for yourself.

Is it too much to ask for objective proof that this is happening over there? Why aren't hundreds of troops sending letters home to their parents that talk of their shame? Why isn't Congress calling for investigations? Why don't we have secret pictures that are "smuggled" out of Iraq that prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt?

Why, because there is none.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join